Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Since we're talking about Space Jam let us take a moment to bask in the glory of the official Space Jam website, which has been up since 1996 and hasn't been updated since.

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Cabbagepots posted:

Since we're talking about Space Jam let us take a moment to bask in the glory of the official Space Jam website, which has been up since 1996 and hasn't been updated since.

http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

We can only hope Barkley 2 achieves a similar level of fidelity.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Be sure to follow this user on twitter, to make sure you always know the website's status. You never know, one day it might leave us.

https://twitter.com/spacejamcheck

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Gortarius posted:

Your gun's aren't very longterm, unless you come across some super good combination of affixes that you don't want to risk losing in gun'sfusion just yet. You find a lot of gun'sdrop's and you can unload them on foes, smelt them, fuse them or refill and keep using them. The normal gun'sdrop's are usually just middle of the road or just plain shyte so they are more just a resource that you recycle into your more refined gun's.

PS. There was some talk here about universal bullets and if I've understood correctly that basically means a single shared resource among all gun's in deus ex whatever (???), which sounds like a terrible idea and we wish we would've thought of it first but since we didn't we won't have it in b2. You just have gun's and they have their own ammo max and ammo in them which are independent from whatever other gun's you have.

PSS. There was some Affix rearrangement work yesterday and it seems the final max combination is 18 + 60 + 45.

I never played Invisible War but I think the excuse was that they had nanobot goo that could turn into any bullet you needed.

But what I think we're asking is, is there separate types of ammo for shotguns,m pistols, rifles, muskets, arquebuses, etc.
When i shoot a gun until its out of bullets, what do I do to make it be able to shoot more bullets?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

But what I think we're asking is, is there separate types of ammo for shotguns,m pistols, rifles, muskets, arquebuses, etc.
When i shoot a gun until its out of bullets, what do I do to make it be able to shoot more bullets?

You smelt gun's you don't like and use your smelty stuff to make more bullets. So basically when your gun's are empty you put other gun's in them and shoot them at stuff

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Doesn't that mean you DO have universal ammo? Smelt Points?

Also, what's the hate on universal ammo about? Seems like a perfectly acceptable idea to me.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

John Lee posted:

Also, what's the hate on universal ammo about? Seems like a perfectly acceptable idea to me.

Ammo being separate for separate weapons can be a powerful tool to encourage players try other play styles, or limit the ways they can interact with a given section.

Universal ammo tends to make players conservative in ammo use, and finding the "best" weapon and only use that, which is boring and does not make for a well paced game.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Just Offscreen posted:

Ammo being separate for separate weapons can be a powerful tool to encourage players try other play styles, or limit the ways they can interact with a given section.

Universal ammo tends to make players conservative in ammo use, and finding the "best" weapon and only use that, which is boring and does not make for a well paced game.

Sounds like they're doing it to themselves... imagine if Dwarfnet allowed only X troll posts and Y white knight posts to encourage a diverse posting style when I want to be 100% trolly, sounds like focus-grouped corp bullshit to me.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Just Offscreen posted:

If this game remains as tough as the PAX demo indicated, it would make sense to give lots of ammo just because of how hitpoint spongy everything is.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Gortarius posted:

PSS. There was some Affix rearrangement work yesterday and it seems the final max combination is 18 + 60 + 45.

Max combination of ammo for the gun's or the max combination of affixes?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

John Lee posted:

That's like saying games where you can buy ammo with money have universal ammo.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

He used more than enough words to describe exactly how it will work and you guys are here all like "SO IT IS [this other way that isn't what [[he]] just said]".

Y'all are dumb.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Goons lacking basic reading comprehension skills? I for one am surprised.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
The problem with universal or shared ammo types is it means you just want to use your most "efficient" or powerful gun in your inventory (or for any given ammo type). We want players to experiment and try out every single gun they come across, so every weapon has its own ammo, not shareable. Its just more fun that way, and makes it feel like you are improvising with whatever you can get your mitts on. Every weapon is reloaded individually when you are at an utility station. You cant just empty one gun of its ammo and feed it into another, you can only turn entire gun's into ammo by smelting them down.

We aren't sure there is going to be any way to normally reload weapons while fighting and exploring, because we would really prefer just giving the player more weapons to try out instead, and have them save their main gun's ammo instead.
The smelt points dropped that Laz mentioned earlier would not be instant ammo for your gun's, it would be points you can later convert into ammo at a utility station. You can also use smelt points to 3d print gun's or candy that you have schematics for.

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 9, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
That's not too bad, then you just gotta carry around a bagful of lovely gun's to use.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What about zaubs?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Will this game involve Pogs? And being a champion of pogs?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Khorne posted:

Will this game involve Pogs? And being a champion of pogs?

No.

But I once saw a glimpse of some nippon cartoon on TV where a bunch of really loud kids yelled at each other and threw spinning tops into a giant cereal bowl. Allegedly it was dramatic and then some really poorly made monsters appeared in the bowl and growled a bunch until one of the spinning tops broke. In another scene these spinning tops spun so fast they cut down a tree iirc.

It was sort of inspiring, seeing something that was such loathsome zero effort garbage make it's way to a public TV broadcast. Barkley 2 has hope yet...

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
it's funny cuz whenever I drop some monsters in the bowl i'm thinking of your game as well

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Gortarius posted:

I got through it a few days ago, it wasn't very good beyond the basic gameplay which is fantastic, if that makes any sense. After the first 10 hours you'll begin to realize you are just doing the same thing over and over again, and there isn't enough new gameplay elements being added to keep it interesting.

The plot is a mess served in short disconnected segments.

The other ToG losers didn't even get the game.

With that said I'm doubling my efforts to make sure we don't fall into any of the mistakes made in Phantom Pain. We don't want a game that is sort of good but garbage too, we want 100% garbage. Good is verboten.

I spent 36 hours before i had my fill of ballooning people with a dog

Can you promise that B2 will just abruptly end without mention and have as solid female characterisation as Quiet-san? maybe a cyberdwarf doll with squeezable applebottom?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Maybe you're being facetious and are just pretending to not know about Beyblades Metal Fusion, but if you're not here's a rather comprehensive guide on the subject.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

kind of surprising Beyblade hasn't made it into Barkley

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

The problem with universal or shared ammo types is it means you just want to use your most "efficient" or powerful gun in your inventory (or for any given ammo type). We want players to experiment and try out every single gun they come across, so every weapon has its own ammo, not shareable. Its just more fun that way, and makes it feel like you are improvising with whatever you can get your mitts on. Every weapon is reloaded individually when you are at an utility station. You cant just empty one gun of its ammo and feed it into another, you can only turn entire gun's into ammo by smelting them down.

We aren't sure there is going to be any way to normally reload weapons while fighting and exploring, because we would really prefer just giving the player more weapons to try out instead, and have them save their main gun's ammo instead.
The smelt points dropped that Laz mentioned earlier would not be instant ammo for your gun's, it would be points you can later convert into ammo at a utility station. You can also use smelt points to 3d print gun's or candy that you have schematics for.

This is really interesting to read. It sounds like the intent is for players to never get all that attached to any one weapon, and instead always be cycling through, upgrading, and smelting them down.

The way I have it pictured in my mind, it kind of reminds me of the way Personas are used and fused in P4. Is that accurate?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

scandoslav posted:

Maybe you're being facetious and are just pretending to not know about Beyblades Metal Fusion, but if you're not here's a rather comprehensive guide on the subject.

Whoa, that is some INTENSE battling going on there.

I learned a lot about fusion wheels and energy rings. That bowl looks like something I would vomit into when I have a stomach flu.

EDIT:

I like the comment section, possible dwarfnet material.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 9, 2015

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

These weapon mechanics actually sound kinda fun. Not sure how I feel about this.

e: not sure how I feel about that video either.

kikkelivelho fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 9, 2015

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
I never played persona games, but a point of comparison we often make is the SMT series, so I presume persona is kinda similar on that front?

We want people to improvise with weapons they find, and slowly refine their "main" arsenal of 5 gun's over time. Those main gun's are your reliable ones, those you know, those you trust.

Your main 5 gun's shouldn't feel nearly as disposable as the weapons dropped by enemies. You should still feel comfortable experimenting and fusing them, so they can grow in strength, but you probably want to be careful. Dont want to fuse them into any old junk you find in the dirt. You dont know where it's been...

Your main weapons have names, you see their growth over time, you know their genealogy. They are the fruits of your labor, and you rely on them in the field. Knowing their history means you can expect different things from further fusions, too.
Glenn might have changed quite a bit over time, but he's mostly been a heavy machinegun or a SMG. You now fuse him into a shotgun. If the result of the fusion ends up as a shotgun, you can expect it to have a much higher firing rate than usual.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Finally, a game that treats gun'sbrasting with the nuance and respect it deserves.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is anyone at TOG working on gun'sfusion erotica or is that something you're gonna leave up to crowdsourcing too?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I don't know how the system works and therefore if this is relevant, but if you haven't you should consider taking a page from Borderlands and have the ability to "star" a gun marking it as a favorite, which prevents you from accidentally selling or disposing of it without a confirmation dialogue.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Yeah, we have exactly that, a little heart button and associated hotkey. Favorited gun's are ignored when you choose to "smelt all" your wild gun's.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

I never played persona games, but a point of comparison we often make is the SMT series, so I presume persona is kinda similar on that front?

Yeah, it's the same idea (persona games are part of the SMT series). That's cool.

Edit: Will you be able to save the schematics for a weapon you currently have, or are schematics just things you find?

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 10, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Yeah, we have exactly that, a little heart button and associated hotkey. Favorited gun's are ignored when you choose to "smelt all" your wild gun's.

This system needs a name. I propose Guns'Love.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The discussion of Smelt Point and Wild Smelt Points made me think you just pulled from your stock of points when you hit the reload button, but this

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Every weapon is reloaded individually when you are at an utility station.

The smelt points dropped that Laz mentioned earlier would not be instant ammo for your gun's, it would be points you can later convert into ammo at a utility station.

sound better to me, thanks for clarifying.

Also, the comparisons to SMT makes me pleased as well. Please have some wild gun's that require you to go through an opaque dialogue tree to recruit them.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Is it possible to give your gun's nicknames? If I can't name my favorite shotgun "Bob", I'll be slightly sad.

vvvv GOTY 2023

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 10, 2015

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Arzachel posted:

Is it possible to give your gun's nicknames? If I can't name my favorite shotgun "Bob", I'll be slightly sad.

Yes.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Is the SMELT point cost for reloading / breeding static or is it based on the gun's's type?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

Is the SMELT point cost for reloading / breeding static or is it based on the gun's's type?
Static. So e.g. if you are in a tough place you might want to fill up a gun with much higher ammo even if it is objectively a worse gun otherwise just because you get more total damage per smelt point that way. But if you need to kill a certain enemy fast you should maybe go for unloading all ammo from your highest DPS gun in its face just to kill it fast even though that will cost a lot of smelt points.

So those are some of the ways that B2 is not just Diablo with gun's. If you jump in and just shoot at anything that moves with whatever is in your hand at the moment, you won't get far.

Overall there is no "best gun" in this game and the intent is absolutely to have the player try new things all the time. And resource management is definitely a big thing, you'll need to maximise what you have.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 10, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
nope i'm going to do a playthrough where i just unload lovely gun after lovely gun into the ugly face of my enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

So, does the amount of gun'smelt your gun's consume with each shot vary depending on their killiness? Like, if I find some ungodly nightmare flak cannon of a shotgun, will it consume the equivalent of an entire pistol magazine with each shot? I want to be able to breed gun's that fire out, like, six entire other gun's each time I pull the trigger, with commensurate spectacularly excessive damage output.