Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
GT really went places

MODEDIT: Yeah, just gonna snip this now.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Turn left thread

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Lend me your power, everyone!

Tomorrow.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's tomorrow.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Let's get this thread back on the good road by talking about how cool Future Trunks is and how much we like him and want him to show up in Super. Respectively, it's "very", "a whole lot", and "a whole lot, ideally as an SSJ2"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Trunks is cool because he has a sword and a 90's as hell jacket.

Also he stole a kill from Goku, a feat few had ever managed before.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I remember being in 5th grade and reading about DBZ on the internet and seeing pics of Future Trunks and thinking "wow, it's going to be forever until we see this awesome looking dude".

It was still in the Radditz-Ginyu loop days, so you bet I was pretty jazzed when his dub VHSs were released.

I like Future Trunks.

(I literally thought we'd never see the Buu Saga in English at one point too.)

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I dunno why Toriyama could never make a female super saiyan when Future Trunks had long hair. Is it cos he can't draw characters that aren't super swole?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

While the jacket is cool, I actually prefer both of Future Trunks's designs without it, the Saiyan armor and just the tank top and pants.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I don't like his jacket cuz it's too short.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Future Trunks is lame

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Baal posted:

Future Trunks is lame

Sounds like a Bad Opinion, Baal.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
He was super cool when he arrived but very quickly became a lamer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I feel that the original Super Sayian design was the best and SSJ3 and SSJ4 kind of ruined it. Glad that Super Cyan is bringing it back.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Covok posted:

I feel that the original Super Sayian design was the best and SSJ3 and SSJ4 kind of ruined it. Glad that Super Cyan is bringing it back.

Gold hair will always look better to me. I can appreciate that they're trying something new, but goddamn, do we really need a new transformation?

Also, slightly different note, I ordered those Blurays from Funimation on July 31st. It's September 9th and I still haven't gotten the last one. loving frustrating. I keep getting $5 coupons when I bitch to Funimation, think I've gotten 2-3 at this point. I almost made up a sick bedridden family member to try and get some actual closure on this order but I stopped myself. Just pissed that they haven't noted at all that the supply was low or nonexistant on the store page at all, there was never a communication that anything would be delayed, and I could go to Amazon RIGHT NOW and get a copy delivered to my doorstep tomorrow.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

the gently caress did i just miss

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Trunks icing Freeza was the hypest poo poo when I was a little kid. I watched that VHS like a billion times

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

What's the context of this scene? I can't remember.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DBZ is Toriyama's worst work

Way worse than Dragonball and Dr. Slump

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Covok posted:

First Broly Movie I think?

projecthalaxy posted:

Let's get this thread back on the good road by talking about how cool Future Trunks is and how much we like him and want him to show up in Super. Respectively, it's "very", "a whole lot", and "a whole lot, ideally as an SSJ2"

Have Future Trunks come back to visit and go "Guys I found a form beyond SSJ2!" Then have him go SSJ3 and everyone is unimpressed and they turn into SSGSS and he gets all disappointed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Jaco is there and gives Trunks a Space Ticket for illegal time travelling.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Future Trunks meets Past Trunks. Sees him go Super Sayian. Becomes deeply, deeply confused and overcome with feelings of inadequacy as he mutters how this timeline is like a "super sayian bargain sale."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Covok posted:

Future Trunks meets Past Trunks. Sees him go Super Sayian. Becomes deeply, deeply confused and overcome with feelings of inadequacy as he mutters how this timeline is like a "super sayian bargain sale."

He first assumes that Gohan is already dead and falls to his knees, then Gohan goes up to him and tells him he's about the baby.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He first assumes that Gohan is already dead and falls to his knees, then Gohan goes up to him and tells him he's about the baby.

"Hey Trunks it's good to see you but can you keep it down? My kid's trying to sleep."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Covok posted:

It'll be cool. Vegeta would probably go up and tell Future Trunks how much he misses him and wishes he was his his son in this timeline. Rather than the goofy kid he has now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Covok posted:

It's Broly 1. Vegeta was all "He's the Legendary Super Saiyan, we can't win, we're all done for." and pissing his pants over and over. Everyone else was getting their asses kicked repeatedly and Piccolo gets punched into the wall near him, then drags him by the hair closer to the fight and berates him for not getting involved. It's one of my favorite DBZ movie moments, actually.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Covok posted:

Daily dose

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbZBwtW4gKo

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

New Leaf posted:

It's Broly 1. Vegeta was all "He's the Legendary Super Saiyan, we can't win, we're all done for." and pissing his pants over and over. Everyone else was getting their asses kicked repeatedly and Piccolo gets punched into the wall near him, then drags him by the hair closer to the fight and berates him for not getting involved. It's one of my favorite DBZ movie moments, actually.

What about the scene at the end of the Android 13 movie where it just Piccolo and Vegeta watching for a fish on a iceburg?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Future Trunks coming back oddly doesn't seem that implausible, since the franchise does love using him to excuse time and/or dimensional shenanigans. Wouldn't be odd if they decided to do something 'official' with that general concept.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rirse posted:

What about the scene at the end of the Android 13 movie where it just Piccolo and Vegeta watching for a fish on a iceburg?

Oh my god, I forgot about that.. I've always liked the part where Krillin finally nutted up and was going to take a shot at one of the Androids only to take a stray blast to the face.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Covok posted:

Piccolo drags Vegeta off so that he can see how much of a punk bitch he is regarding Broly.

Astro Nut posted:

Future Trunks coming back oddly doesn't seem that implausible, since the franchise does love using him to excuse time and/or dimensional shenanigans. Wouldn't be odd if they decided to do something 'official' with that general concept.

Dude is also being used a lot between Dokkan Battle, Xenoverse & Heroes.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 9, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Testekill posted:

Dude is also being used a lot between Dokkan Battle, Xenoverse & Heroes.

That was actually the sort of thing I was referring to - and thus the quotations around 'official' as in, 'in the anime'. It would debatably fit with the stuff around Universe 6.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Piccolo is bringing Vegeta to his office.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

So a point I just realised due to an LP going on atm of the Attack of the Saiyans game, and Super bringing it up indirectly...

But isn't Chi-Chi technically princess? And Gohan and Goten her heirs? Like if the Ox-King ever somehow kicked the bucket, they stand to inherit.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure Chi-Chi and Goku have drained all of Ox King's savings, so there's not much to inherit. That family is lucky as hell that Gohan married into money.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Didn't the Ox king's place burn down and they lost basically everything?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In another world I'd like to imagine Toriyama played up the irony of Goku marrying a princess, and then having his main rival be a guy that wouldn't shut up about being a prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Ekusukariba posted:

Didn't the Ox king's place burn down and they lost basically everything?

Close. It was burning until Roshi kamehameha'd it all away.

• Locked thread