Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't think I will, friend.

get out and support mother apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
12MP confirmed.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Michael Scott posted:

Same here, nothing compelling so far and I don't see much forthcoming. Disappointing.

Not happy about my investment in AAPL either. It's down about 1.5% today so far.

It always drops on keynote days. Always.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Supgaiz posted:

You press hard to peek to see if it's something you care about, then press harder to make it stick if you actually want to see it.

Right I got that. Look at the little options menu that came up for some things though all while his finger was glued to the screen. More general things like web links, emails etc. are fine - but I wouldn't call any of this game changing. Apple has the tendency to promote their "upgrades" as the next best thing that everyone will want when no one even cares, they just want to own the newest iphone.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Michael Scott posted:

Same here, nothing compelling so far and I don't see much forthcoming. Disappointing.

Not happy about my investment in AAPL either. It's down about 1.5% today so far.

You must be unfamiliar with how AAPL does on every news day ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mAlfunkti0n posted:

get out and support mother apple

Getting an Apple TV and probably the mini 4.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Did they just announce always on ok google now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay the Siri thing was pretty funny.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nothing about this is making me go "I need to upgrade"

Just wait for the iPhone 7. This is yet another mid-cycle S upgrade with minimal new features and a faster CPU. What did you really expect? Most people get a new phone only once every two years, so Apple has little reason to have huge upgrades during the off years.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It always drops on keynote days. Always.

Stop telling them what happens, let them panic like typical goons who are freaked out by the short term.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Getting an Apple TV and probably the mini 4.

Yeah, I want the Apple TV.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

You know what I don't love about the camera? How it sticks out the back like a wart, Apple. :mad:

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

thebushcommander posted:

Right I got that. Look at the little options menu that came up for some things though all while his finger was glued to the screen. More general things like web links, emails etc. are fine -

No, when you're peeking, your finger is right there on the screen, so you can't read the email or whatever either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Killer Queen posted:

Just wait for the iPhone 7. This is yet another mid-cycle S upgrade with minimal new features and a faster CPU. What did you really expect?

Not a $100 stylus.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

But is it better at taking photos of my cats in low light?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
You know that thing that everyone wanted in their Apple TV? We added it to the iPhone so we can add it to the Apple TV later!

(always listening Hey Siri)

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My 5 is so beat up I need this phone now.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
If we get a 32g base iPhone 6 I will definetly upgrade. Apple TV will go in the cart as soon as it's available.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i own an iphone 6 and i'm still going to make fun of this, this is my flavor, i'm sorry and/or not sorry

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Well, many boring game demos, but at least not many jokes this time.

I guess the keynote could have been worse.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
This whole event summed up in one word:

MEDIOCRE!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Everything takes good pictures outside.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Killer Queen posted:

Just wait for the iPhone 7. This is yet another mid-cycle S upgrade with minimal new features and a faster CPU. What did you really expect? Most people get a new phone only once every two years, so Apple has little reason to have huge upgrades during the off years.

I like the S upgrade cycle. Usually bugs around the form factor are worked out and the CPU/Camera upgrade is pretty awesome.

Definitely will be upgrading from my 5s to a 6s or 6s plus

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

just_a_guy posted:

If we get a 32g base iPhone 6 I will definetly upgrade. Apple TV will go in the cart as soon as it's available.

That's not coming.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Killer Queen posted:

The 5S added the fingerprint thing which was legit neat, the 4S was stupidly better performing + siri, and the 6S gets a stupid touch thing that seems little better than a long press.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Sexy Nordic woman wearing cow hide

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
How did it get its name?

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

aBagorn posted:

I like the S upgrade cycle. Usually bugs around the form factor are worked out and the CPU/Camera upgrade is pretty awesome.

This. There is a reason why the switched materials on the shell .. and it isn't because the others were too heavy.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Yeah okay I'm gonna shut this off now, another year of nothing see ya.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

aBagorn posted:

Yeah, S-to-S upgrades seems like the best idea.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
iPhone "success" and "success plus"

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Sounds like the "Hey Siri" always-on is 6S-only and is not included in iOS9.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Gibberish posted:

Bye

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

just_a_guy posted:

Yeah, 32GB base would be the only reason I would upgrade from my 16GB 6 that I made the mistake of buying.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

This whole event summed up in one word:

MEDIOCRE!

Yeah what the gently caress Apple. You gave us exactly what all the rumor sites said we would get and we were excited about. This is bullshit.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Gibberish posted:

:allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Apple always brings up case scenarios that don't exist in the real world. No one uses their phone like this. Your average person uses their phone for calls, texting, and drunken photos in dark bars or house parties.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I usually upgrade to the S-models so they can get the launch model kinks out. Going to get a 6S and give my old 5S to my wife, who is still puttering along on her 4S and insists it's fine.

I wish the dozens of old 30-pin iPhone cables we have lying around could be put to some use once she ditches the 4S.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah, S-to-S upgrades seems like the best idea.

S to S is not the best idea, unless you never like feeling like you are actually getting the newest phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Killer Queen posted:

Yeah, 32GB base would be the only reason I would upgrade from my 16GB 6 that I made the mistake of buying.

Not happening

• Locked thread