Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Lolling at these scrubs who use their hands, instead of their knees whilst texting and drinking Starbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Geirskogul posted:

Left hand at 10, right hand chilling waiting to use the shifter.

Correct

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Left on 12, right giving an HJ to the passenger

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Right hand at 12 to give the 'wtf was that?!' hand signal

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.
Right hand at 4, keep the left hand free for the cigarette to filter all those harmful exhaust gasses.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Right hand on stick, left hand on dick, Jesus take the wheel.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Steer with your knees while you roll a joint.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Deeters posted:

Steer with your knees while you roll a joint.

What? You people don't have drivers?

Peasants.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

spog posted:

Lolling at these scrubs who use their hands, instead of their knees whilst texting and drinking Starbucks.

The worst part of my current vehicle is knee steering is quite difficult. One handed texting on a big phone is a bitch.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

`Nemesis posted:

The worst part of my current vehicle is knee steering is quite difficult. One handed texting on a big phone is a bitch.

How about you drive with your hands and not text while driving?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

GutBomb posted:

listen motherfucker sometimes you just gotta eat that baconator

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

GutBomb posted:

Yeah I'll just get fired for not responding to my boss' joke of the day texts in a timely manner some of us have to work for a living out here

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Enourmo posted:

Touché.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

If you can't eat a baconator with one hand, you're not a real man.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

my cupholders are tiny and can barely hold a wendy' small drink, let alone the large root beer such a feast deserves as an accompaniment. so that's what the other hand is doing.

please do not cast doubt 'pon my american masculinitude

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Left hand at 10:30, right hand on stick.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ugh you guys should use a 24h steering wheel, its the international standard. 6 and 18 for life.

Guy near work managed to total two parked cars and his own yesterday. It was raining all day and the roads were pretty slippery. Moron pulls out of a junction and floors it and spins his car into two cars parked by the side of the road. I didn't realise MR2s had enough power to do that :v:. Nonetheless the police and owners weren't very happy with him.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Have you never seen this classic MR2 crash video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6PdG78hFM

"he almost loving hit the type r bro"

And with the right tires, you can do that in anything. When I bought my Subaru it had lovely no-name tires on it and I could do four wheel powerslides in the rain. With 165hp.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Enourmo posted:

and sometimes the baconator eats you

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
On Soviet Russian Dash Cam, ...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Not my video and a DUI was involved...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luFgV4nuSxc

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

jamal posted:

Have you never seen this classic MR2 crash video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6PdG78hFM

"he almost loving hit the type r bro"

And with the right tires, you can do that in anything. When I bought my Subaru it had lovely no-name tires on it and I could do four wheel powerslides in the rain. With 165hp.

That's a great video. I was being a bit unfair to the MR2 to be honest. Hell I could light up the tyres on my mini through 2nd gear even with its 88 furious Anglo-Germanic horses.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

This is why I'm skeptical of laws that crack down on drunk driving at the 0.05-0.08 level. That's not a good thing to be doing, but on the other hand you're probably sober enough not to get out of your car in the middle of the street, without even putting it in neutral or park.

What the gently caress was that woman doing, and how drunk do you have to be to do it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe she realized she was too drunk to drive, so she figured getting out ASAP was the best option.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

The driver of the Hyundai, identified as 22-year-old Jasmine Lacey of San Bernardino, was taken to a hospital for “a non injury-related reason” before CHP officers arrived on scene, the CHP said.

“(Lacey) was later contacted and identified at St. Jude Medical Center facility and, after investigation of the traffic collision, was arrested for DUI,” a CHP officer said.

But Lacey was released from custody early Saturday due to insufficient evidence to support a criminal complaint, according to Los Angeles County booking records.

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20150905/bizarre-crash-caught-on-camera-in-rowland-heights

:downs:

This is the police force you pay taxes to support.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Severe mh problems may look like drug intoxicstion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I understand that but I can't see how it's okay for police to cut someone loose with no penalty. They've demonstrated themselves to be an active hazard on the road, are the police powerless to suspend their license?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
"I forgot to take my schizophrenia meds."

"OK, well you need to be aware that if this happens again you may be at risk of criminal charges."

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

xzzy posted:

I understand that but I can't see how it's okay for police to cut someone loose with no penalty. They've demonstrated themselves to be an active hazard on the road, are the police powerless to suspend their license?

If you are released from jail to a psych hold, you are termed "released" and they probably won't tell anyone anything else because of medical privacy.
That doesn't mean it is true. Remember that even for a DUI or reckless you'l probably only do a night in jail after arrest. They don't have space for that. Remember also that pre-conviction, they can't punish her with jail.
Note that you may be released without charge and charged later (up to one year) if the cops or DA think it wise.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

nm posted:

If you are released from jail to a psych hold, you are termed "released" and they probably won't tell anyone anything else because of medical privacy.
That doesn't mean it is true. Remember that even for a DUI or reckless you'l probably only do a night in jail after arrest. They don't have space for that. Remember also that pre-conviction, they can't punish her with jail.
Note that you may be released without charge and charged later (up to one year) if the cops or DA think it wise.

Are they allowed to pull her license without trial? Because they can do that up here, even if it's frequently for bullshit reasons, and it's deemed an administrative penalty so it's not subject to any kind of remedy in court.

An old woman with emphysema literally got her license pulled for failure to provide a breath sample, despite the fact she hadn't drank a thing and was physically unable to provide a breath sample.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

PT6A posted:

Are they allowed to pull her license without trial? Because they can do that up here, even if it's frequently for bullshit reasons, and it's deemed an administrative penalty so it's not subject to any kind of remedy in court.

An old woman with emphysema literally got her license pulled for failure to provide a breath sample, despite the fact she hadn't drank a thing and was physically unable to provide a breath sample.

Yes and no. Probably not just for this accident unless she fled the scene unless her BAC comes back over .08. Drug duis don't suspend until conviction.
Medical suspensions are weird and I don't know much about them though.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Vitamins posted:

Guy near work managed to total two parked cars and his own yesterday. It was raining all day and the roads were pretty slippery. Moron pulls out of a junction and floors it and spins his car into two cars parked by the side of the road. I didn't realise MR2s had enough power to do that :v:. Nonetheless the police and owners weren't very happy with him.

MR2's are a perfect combination of peaky engine, power, light weight, and insufficient wheel width/contact patch. They were THE Japanese import to kill yourself with before the S2000 came out.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

I'm glad to know that wasn't you driving, the camera car was being piloted by nearly as big an idiot as the crazy person.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx31ouvVfsc

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Some of the Sheep posted:

I'm glad to know that wasn't you driving, the camera car was being piloted by nearly as big an idiot as the crazy person.

"Yes, lets follow the car in front of me as close as I can? Eratic driving? Lets get closer" -- every SoCal driver

That said dashcams are wide angle which causes things to look closer than they actually are.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
https://youtu.be/hpuOfQn14z0

It didn't even take a day of commuting before I got to record a self important impatient idiot Texan.

EDIT:

poo poo like that is exactly why I finally bought a dashcam. I got a refurb Black Box G1W-C for $40 and so far it's been perfect and simple.

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 9, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nm posted:

"Yes, lets follow the car in front of me as close as I can? Eratic driving? Lets get closer" -- every SoCal driver

That said dashcams are wide angle which causes things to look closer than they actually are.

The opposite, actually :v: so yeah the camera car is driven by a dumbass too.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A friend of mine lives near this bridge and heard a rather loud noise earlier on today.

quote:

Train services were suspended in south London this morning after a lorry ploughed into a railway bridge and ended up stuck underneath it.
The HGV, shown in photographs with ATL Haulage Contractors branding, appeared to have driven a few metres under the bridge in Tulse Hill before getting stuck.

Two of Tulse Hill’s four platforms are open, with Southern services between London Bridge and Beckenham being diverted via New Cross Gate where possible. Thameslink services were suspended for about half an hour after the smash.

Delays to trains from Tulse Hill to Crystal Palace and Streatham are expected to last until at least midday and Thurlow Park Road is shut at the junction with Norwood Road while rescue workers attempt to free the HGV.

Ben Morrison tweeted: “Heard very loud bang next to my flat and went to see. Police attending – don't think [anyone is] hurt.”

ATL declined to comment when contacted by the Standard.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I'm the additional giant tied on fabric sign put up because somehow trucks didn't notice the other low bridge warnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I have a rig/big object moving company as a client. Was out there bullshitting with them yesterday when they get a phone call from a guy they sent out to check the measurements of something that needed moved. They were told it was 16' 4" tall, actual measurement was 18' 10". Motherfuckers not double checking is how that poo poo ^^^ happens.