Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I am waiting for Amazon to deliver my drat copy. If you get the digital copy, do you get the disc later? I am handsy, I need my things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Only the digital ultimate edition is early. You should get your copy on Tuesday. Digital versions don't come with a disc at all.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Any word on if it's possible to discount upgrades like in previous (excluding 5) games, or is it full price full time?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

General Probe posted:

Any word on if it's possible to discount upgrades like in previous (excluding 5) games, or is it full price full time?

I'm thinking that is something they would have announced by now so I'm guessing no.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I know Affinity Level is back, but I haven't heard any report if increasing Affinity gets you discounts on new cars or parts or anything. In FM5 you got bonus XP for completing races based on the Affinity of the manufacturer you drove in that race, right?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Finally launched the demo. Glad I did. It's so fresh and clean, and the handling might be more sensitive than it was before. I like the added features e.g. mods.

Yaz Corkscrew is much more interesting at night.

Confirmed in demo: No sticky grass on Indy infield. I'm getting more stoked.

About to try Sebring in heavy rain. Not happy about it, but maybe it'll be awesome just through sheer terror.

This is looking very good.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is the yas corkscrew in f5? I don't think i ever did it.

also sebring wet is kind of :confused: at first but if you just drive around the puddles you'll find it not so difficult

sorry if that's kind of obvious i am committed to drinking tonight. are we gonna do any dice racing tomorrow? im down to race at any time after 10 am est

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

also sebring wet is kind of :confused: at first but if you just drive around the puddles you'll find it not so difficult

sorry if that's kind of obvious i am committed to drinking tonight. are we gonna do any dice racing tomorrow? im down to race at any time after 10 am est

Yaz Corkscrew was the best Yaz except for the short one in FM5. Way better at night, lit up and gorgeous. The corkscrew itself is beautiful in the way it reveals itself to your headlights (and the 23 other cars) as you climb over it. Treacherous on stock tires at night, though. Wow.

The music in the demo makes me think I'm a a Nolan batman movie.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 9, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

400 dollar budget for a xbone wheel for this. What do I get guys?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

I am planning on playing as soon as I get home from work at 5ish eastern and hopefully that includes some dice

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

I am planning on playing as soon as I get home from work at 5ish eastern and hopefully that includes some dice
I get home at around 4:30 central, so I'll see you then. Hopefully the servers don't poo poo themselves all day, but since it's not a wide release, and only Ultimate Edition, they'll hold up ok.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Norns posted:

400 dollar budget for a xbone wheel for this. What do I get guys?

Definitely the thrustmaster tx. The Logitech is overpriced and lovely, the fanatec is too expensive, the hori is a piece of crap, the madcatz is a madcatz, and the other thrustmaster doesn't have force feedback.

None of them come with shifters (they all have shift paddles) and all but the Logitech just come with 2 pedals instead of 3. (The fanatec doesn't come with pedals)

Thrustmaster has an add on shifter and an add on pedal set. Logitech has an add on shifter, fanatec sells everything as a separate component, and the other ones only work with what comes in the box.

I have a thrustmaster tx with the shifter add on, the GTE wheel rim add on, and a set of really nice fanatec pedals that I have to use an adapter from basherboards to use. It's a great setup.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 9, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I noticed the lack of sticky grass as well, i certainly didnt like it, but does this mean everyone online will just cut corners? Certain tracks were like that already. (I'm looking at you, Yas marina's turn that goes under the big white hotel)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm beginning to appreciate the way FM6 is taking some great stuff from FH2.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I like sticky grass being gone because it's awesome to be slightly bumped into the dirty and slowing down to 10MPH

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
I'm going all out tryingt to up the ranks for forza rewards but who has 300 cars in their garage (in any previous game)? Those 5 Million credits would be nice.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I noticed the lack of sticky grass as well, i certainly didnt like it, but does this mean everyone online will just cut corners? Certain tracks were like that already. (I'm looking at you, Yas marina's turn that goes under the big white hotel)

I can't imagine it being completely gone, it was just really god awful on indy.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
300 is a shitload of cars, especially in the Horizon games and Forza 5. It also takes for-loving-ever to buy cars in the recent games because of how retardedly slow the menus are.

Buying a car in Forza 5 takes at least 30 seconds to go through all of the menus/loading. $5M extra in Forza 6 would be nice, but not at the expense of wasting hours mindlessly buying cars in the old games.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BCRock posted:

300 is a shitload of cars, especially in the Horizon games and Forza 5. It also takes for-loving-ever to buy cars in the recent games because of how retardedly slow the menus are.

Buying a car in Forza 5 takes at least 30 seconds to go through all of the menus/loading. $5M extra in Forza 6 would be nice, but not at the expense of wasting hours mindlessly buying cars in the old games.

dunno about buying cars int he full game, but in the demo, progressing from end race through the awards screens is at least much quicker. it took for god drat ever in f5

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

BCRock posted:

This is what Netflix was made for. I'm getting $15.3M.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I suspect money will be plentiful on FM6. They added the spin system, and I just randomly spun 1M Forzabucks.

I really like how realistic water is handled. I'm on a highway, going pretty fast, and I see a small lake in front of me. I immediately eliminate the throttle, straighten the steering wheel, and do not brake or move the steering wheels. I surf the hydroplane, it's frightening. But it's over quickly, everyone is ok.

Sebring was just like that.

God help you if you get off the track into wet grass, though.

Very well done, I think.

I checked: I have 239 cars in FM5. I have to hook up the 360 to check but yeah, I probably had a lot more in FM4.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 10, 2015

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

There is like a new wall of tyres there so you can't mega cut.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The standing water I this is something I didn't know I needed. Holy poo poo it makes Sebring so much fun.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

God I wish this was a midnight release. I'm barely going to have any time to play tomorrow. :negative:

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
13 hours of questioning my financial judgment, then the fun begins

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SmokeyXIII posted:

There is like a new wall of tyres there so you can't mega cut.
Yes and a concrete wall as well. I hit it like 20 times thinking I could skirt by.

Norns posted:

The standing water I this is something I didn't know I needed. Holy poo poo it makes Sebring so much fun.
I thought I would hate it. I don't hate it one bit. I think I saw Spa with rain. OMG.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

wernox posted:

13 hours of questioning my financial judgment, then the fun begins

i've paid more for this game than any other video game except for maybe world of warcraft, $106

also I'm totally ready for some watkins glen action

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ethanol posted:

i've paid more for this game than any other video game except for maybe world of warcraft, $106

also I'm totally ready for some watkins glen action

I looked once at my WoW account payment history. Never again.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

I looked once at my WoW account payment history. Never again.

i will never do that, counting all the months i paid for a sub and didn't use it.. :negative:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The only thing worse is steam telling you how many hours you've played games for.

Between Silent hunter 3, 4 and 5 i spent something like 1800 hours on submarine simulators. :yarr: (When i could have been learning a new language, or hitting on a girl)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The only thing worse is steam telling you how many hours you've played games for.

Between Silent hunter 3, 4 and 5 i spent something like 1800 hours on submarine simulators. :yarr: (When i could have been learning a new language, or hitting on a girl)

lol nerd

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

ethanol posted:

Yeah, Trying to explain the VIP logo to my wife the first time was really uncomfortable.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
that explains a lot

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Norns posted:

Yeah it was nice effect and I think hydro planing is going to make races that much more interesting.

I'll be on around 5 eastern tomorrow as well for a couple hours before the game, so I'll be down for some racing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

Yeah it was nice effect and I think hydro planing is going to make races that much more interesting.

I'll be on around 5 eastern tomorrow as well for a couple hours before the game, so I'll be down for some racing.

It will make 24 car multiplayer starts absolutely amazing. Especially on Sebring like the first straight has a giant puddle on the right side so everyone is going to try to crunch into the left lane... and it will end very predictably :D

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

We get to keep all of our demo credits, correct?

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I'd say no since if you restart the career part of the demo you start from scratch again.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

geeves posted:

We get to keep all of our demo credits, correct?

No. The only thing we get from the demo is that we are gifted the 2017 Ford GT in the full game.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Minimaul posted:

No. The only thing we get from the demo is that we are gifted the 2017 Ford GT in the full game.

So that million credit spin is worthless :gonk:

Ah well, not a huge deal at all.

Edit: VVVV I do indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
If you have a Forza Hub account, that's chump change anyway.

• Locked thread