Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

chrisoya posted:

They're recruiting for unpaid volunteers seeking jobs in the games industry in their forum. Someone applied to be a proof-reader. They didn't get the job. :(

An indie RPGmaker-looking mmo seems like it doesn't really qualify for any kind of "industry"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

An indie RPGmaker-looking mmo seems like it doesn't really qualify for any kind of "industry"
It's not actually an MMO. I think. They did talk about having to pay server costs but I have no idea what.

It was in a bundle a couple of months ago so I doubt anyone actually bought it, but they got some money. :(

quote:

Job List + Information
Hi!

Are you looking for a job in the game industry?
Then you are at the right place.

We are looking for some people to fill up some jobs.
Note that all the jobs are voluntary on this moment

Take a look at our list down below:

None at this moment...

Your ideal job not listed here?
You can do an open application!

How to Apply?
Make a new discussion in the Jobs Forum with as title the job you want.
If it is an open application, please use [OA] in front of the title.
Tell us your motivation and show some of your work (if possible)

If we are interested in your application, we will contact you via Steam (Friend invite) to have a little chat.

Good luck and maybe we will see you in our team!

Regards,
QE-Team

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 9, 2015

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Whee, new Humble Store deals. Anyone have any impressions of Uncanny Valley, Sproggiwood, or CAPSULE?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Zombie Samurai posted:

Whee, new Humble Store deals. Anyone have any impressions of Uncanny Valley, Sproggiwood, or CAPSULE?

sproggiwood is good (goon made I believe), but it got too hard for me too fast (though I tend to suck at these types of games). Has some rpg elements to it (upgrading skills for character classes). Love the graphics in it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Kins posted:

His secret is an art and tech team working in concert to make the game engine look way more advanced than it actually is. :)

In more ANIMENEWS: The Umihara Kawase series is coming to Steam! If you've never played it, it's a 2D platformer where you use a fishing rod as a grappling hook to navigate stages and capture weird hosed up fish creatures. The first release, coming next month, is based on the latest Vita/3DS release "Sayonara Umihara Kawase+" with 60fps, Steam Controller support, and the usual Steamworks trimmings. It'll be $14.99/€14.99/£10.99
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzYuFI1KkQ

The previous two games in the series are apparently also coming at some vague point.
I would have overlooked this if not for the time Arino did an LP of the 2D games and who I think was the actual artist of the series, sent drawn pictures that judged his gaming prowess. The pictures got angrier over time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
With Sproggiwood where your character is standing is really important - you have to use choke points and movement abilities pretty well since if you try fighting while surrounded you'll probably die.

I'm amazed Elliot Quest is actually on a good sale, I thought I'd never see that happen.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

:siren: Darkest Dungeon :siren: is 25% off in the Humble Store

Also FTL is $2.50, it's a great game if you don't have it already

I've also heard Gunpoint is really good, at $2

A Lizard's Wizard looks really cool, does anyone know if it's any good?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

QuarkJets posted:

:siren: Darkest Dungeon :siren: is 25% off in the Humble Store

Also FTL is $2.50, it's a great game if you don't have it already

I've also heard Gunpoint is really good, at $2

A Lizard's Wizard looks really cool, does anyone know if it's any good?

I made a case for Darkest Dungeon a few weeks ago if anyone needs further convincing. They were showing off their next dungeon to be added, the Cove, at PAX so that should be coming soon.

FTL and Gunpoint are also well worth it. I suck too much at FTL to even beat it but it's still lots of fun, and Gunpoint is a very tight, well-written 2-hour romp.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zombie Samurai posted:

I rather enjoyed CAPSULE. There is a story that unfolds, and the monochrome graphics definitely have a retro feel that I enjoy (but I'm old). I recorded a few minutes of gameplay if you want to check it out before throwing money at the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kE6w5bOjkU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The things you can find in the Age of Wonders 3 Steam Forums, of all places.

quote:

Subject: FriendFrom Ronnie - The World hates me - Hear What Happened!

Hello dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Today I have to share an experience that happened to me today in thinking of how the world hates us.

I'll get into today story but I'll explain how this relates to business and all things in life. It is stories like this is exactly how you market but It is my wish you take this knowledge to do good instead of bad. It starts with having a different opinion in this case the Glory of Jesus Christ over all things.

So what Happened? I was about to get banned on a forum and all the glory to God a true Testimonial as I choose Jesus Christ before any game.

I was in a forum with a game called Age of Wonders 3 a popular game and I made a kind remark that people need to eat and developers need to be paid as there was a remark about how developers are greedy for a cash grab when they ask for money inside a game.

I explained if developers add content for a game they should be paid. I referenced how people have poverty mindsets which makes up a large portion of our population and I referenced scriptures to back up my words.

Being in defense that developers should get paid, The Very developer turned against me in fear of losing sales. This is a clear example of what people do in business not only in the gaming industry but also a normal MLM company.

Look at the screenshot above and see what I wrote on steam for the game forum Age of Wonders 3.

The screenshot above says it all. Maybe think or claim to be a good man or woman but their deep inner roots they are ashamed of conversation of Jesus Christ even when I came in defense. I am glad this happened because now I can make a youtube video and have most likely thousands of views and give all the Glory to Jesus Christ.

Now just think if you do the same for your business? Just by doing good and helping others Jesus Christ takes care of you,your family & business

I cannot begin to tell you many will reveal their true colors even if you think something is great. This applies to relationships, business ventures and more.

Do you know the number one thing people have a fight about through time and history? It is not money, or love it is about God.

There where more wars about that then anything else, Just remember the good fight my friends for Jesus Christ claims victory in the End

Just remember to always remember to do your part rather small or great, never let others belittle you and never be afraid when you have to let go of your friends you thought where your friends. Just the other day I had to unfriend a friend I grew up with for his lifestyle and mine are very different. I respect and wish him well but always remember narrow is the gate just as in business the only friends you will find are the ones that believe in earning a income from home and this is true. The more you love Jesus Christ the Less your love will be for this world where it gets to the point your even letting go of others of whom are living among this world.

I wanted to share this story with you, Thanks for reading

Enjoy your day!

From your business Leader Friend & Brother in Faith,
Ronnie Branch

Source

Orv
May 4, 2011
...Huh.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Isn't AoW3 a bit of a pagan game for a hardcore Christian to enjoy?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Poverty mindset? Does he think that Jesus was some sort of libertarian?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Seems like most wars were about land or resources but sure, it was god

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
Hail Satan

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Isn't AoW3 a bit of a pagan game for a hardcore Christian to enjoy?

They are false gods who don't exist anyway, so it's no problem!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Unbalanced posted:

Hail Satan

:worship: :devil:

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ekster posted:

Poverty mindset? Does he think that Jesus was some sort of libertarian?

Sort of?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47304/

it's good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Shufflepuck Cantina 2 really expands the scope of the gameplay.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Scalding Coffee posted:

I would have overlooked this if not for the time Arino did an LP of the 2D games and who I think was the actual artist of the series, sent drawn pictures that judged his gaming prowess. The pictures got angrier over time.

Is this LP on the archive? I've heard of that series a few times and it sounds interesting enough to check out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is this LP on the archive? I've heard of that series a few times and it sounds interesting enough to check out.

If they're referring to the Arino I think they are, try the GameCenter CX thread. Don't have a link handy, but it should be in Games.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If you don't own it go get Space Rangers HD, via the 1C collection for like $7. There's a text event where you have to become the ultimate rock star.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsm-dJYIwkE

Man, people are doing weird things now to not get videos taken down from youtube. Another version I found had Arino's voice way bassy-ier, like he was a demon.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Corn man, what are you doing, you can't play good games, it'll upset the delicate balance of the universe.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Niggurath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsm-dJYIwkE

Man, people are doing weird things now to not get videos taken down from youtube. Another version I found had Arino's voice way bassy-ier, like he was a demon.

You can also download the episode proper from here for example.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well gently caress. I comple forgot who "Kacho" Arino was for a second and thought it was an SA poster/Let's Play. :downs:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 9, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I should be getting a new computer for school in a couple days with a Geforce 840m on it. What would be some games that could best take advantage of that?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Orv posted:

Corn man, what are you doing, you can't play good games, it'll upset the delicate balance of the universe.

I always play8 good games, what the gently caress are you talking about

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I've been away for a while. Anything good in the way of RPG and/or Strategy games come out relatively recently?

Most recent games I played were Darkest Dungeon, Divinity: Original Sin, and Dark Souls II.

I heard there was a new Dungeons 2 that might have done a better job of being a Dungeon Keeper successor, was that any good?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

I've been away for a while. Anything good in the way of RPG and/or Strategy games come out relatively recently?

Most recent games I played were Darkest Dungeon, Divinity: Original Sin, and Dark Souls II.

I heard there was a new Dungeons 2 that might have done a better job of being a Dungeon Keeper successor, was that any good?

No. It was not very good :(

Shadowrun Hong Kong is recent, you could check that out.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Space Rangers HD is sort of an RPG.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Joe Man posted:

It actually owns though and kudos to goon KRILLIN IN THE NAME for making it. It's easily worth a dollar and if you don't think so, you literally haven't put enough time into it. Legitimately the funniest poo poo I've played for a long time.

(plus all his patches are 99% more dad jokes)

It is a surprisingly decent core game and the price is right but I wish they had gone just a little bit further aping Frog Fractions, because having the random events and minigames pop up out of nowhere as you played was probably my favorite part of the game. Even if The Dad With The Iron Shower is total bullshit thanks to the spotty collision detection.

Ekster posted:

The impression I get is that Kojima always got a ton of creative freedom, given stuff like Raiden becoming the main protagonist. Like so:

Konami: Hey Kojima, MGS1 is a huge hit! We'd like you to make another one.

Kojima: Uhh, can't I make some other game? I'm kind of done with that now.

Konami: No. But we'll give you a huge budget and all the freedom in the world.

Kojima: Ok, fine.

I don't see that happening with contemporary Western publishers at least.

I never really bought Kojima's continued insistence that he was totally done with Metal Gear this time seriously for real after every installment, I think that's just how he works since even his original games like Snatcher are full of goofy humor and fourth-wall breaking.

If you ever get a chance read up on the development of MGS2, the stuff that he cut out or changed is even sillier/more batshit than what was left in. Like at one point he wanted to release the game under the title Metal Gear Solid 3 just to gently caress with people.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
How the gently caress did Dropsy become a proper game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Occasionally the universe slips up and something cool gets through the cracks.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Orv posted:

Occasionally the universe slips up and something cool gets through the cracks.
Well, the thread was cool with how the OP worked it up from the feedback, but when I saw the kickstarter I thought, geez, that's niche, can't see that getting up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Deadly Hume posted:

Well, the thread was cool with how the OP worked it up from the feedback, but when I saw the kickstarter I thought, geez, that's niche, can't see that getting up.

DIdn't it fall through once or twice on a publishing deal before finally landing one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

imagine that pitch though

• Locked thread