Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I actually love Golden Tate in PPR as a WR2, as I think he's going to shift over to the first look AND quasi dumpoff this year, for much of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
What's the best site to pay for fantasy advice?

I'd like to be able to enter my scoring system for rankings as it isn't Yahoo standard.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Counterpoint: Take the guys who could very well likely end up as WR1 and WR2 and don't worry about a stupid TE ever.

I got the 8th pick last year and went DT then Antonio Brown and it was infinitely a better decision than taking Thomas and then Foster/Gio.

Of course, LVB fell to me in the 3rd and I passed over DeMarco at 17, but that's neither here nor there.

Olsen is basically the first look WR on his team now. That injury makes a big difference.

edit: Sorry, page didn't load all the way. Anyway, that was the point I was making in the "rate" thread but didn't get a chance to respond to in time. Thomas, who had similar position last year, was one option of 4 or so, Olsen is almost the only option and basically a WR.

Darko fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 9, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Darko posted:

I actually love Golden Tate in PPR as a WR2, as I think he's going to shift over to the first look AND quasi dumpoff this year, for much of the year.

:agreed:

that YAC doe

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Anyone got some advice for my bottom of the barrel TE scrapings? Picked up D Allen at the end of my work draft but for some reason everyone else drafted like 2-3 TE's, so my options are grim. Should I swap Allen for a maybe not totally useless week 1 Richard Rodgers given that BUF was stingiest with TE last year while CHI was the opposite?
To make it more fun I'm starting Luck and my opponent is starting A-Rod :haw:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Darko posted:

Yeah I love him as my flex, tate may not get the RZ looks but he was absolutely solid as Stafford's dump last year even with Johnson on the field.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Mr. BT posted:

What's the best site to pay for fantasy advice?

I'd like to be able to enter my scoring system for rankings as it isn't Yahoo standard.

I believe fantasypros lets you punch in custom scoring. Also imports your team, and gives decent rankings and suggestions for waiver pickups.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I joined a league with some weird roster/scoring settings and need some advice on how this should affect my draft.

Below are the roster settings. Notable differences are 2QBs and Defensive Players.

Below are the scoring settings. Note reduced points for offensive TD's.

I **think** this makes linebackers who get a lot of tackles the most valuable? I have first overall and have no idea who to pick because i can't tell what this scoring would put people at in terms of rankings last year.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Darko posted:

You're pretty much banking on megaton getting hurt for Tate to return value.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MrSargent posted:

I joined a league with some weird roster/scoring settings and need some advice on how this should affect my draft.

Below are the roster settings. Notable differences are 2QBs and Defensive Players.

I **think** this makes linebackers who get a lot of tackles the most valuable? I have first overall and have no idea who to pick because i can't tell what this scoring would put people at in terms of rankings last year.

Best advice: Target coaches you think are going to tie! 1000 points for a tie, wtf?!

And ya, just go for tackles, it is all you can really predict with any consistency.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Just joined a FREE, 16 team, auto draft, work league, with standard scoring but these roster positions

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R
W/T
R/W/T
K
D

I'm right in just drafting a poo poo load of wide receivers right (using the preferences) (after RB1)?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Anyone got some advice for my bottom of the barrel TE scrapings? Picked up D Allen at the end of my work draft but for some reason everyone else drafted like 2-3 TE's, so my options are grim. Should I swap Allen for a maybe not totally useless week 1 Richard Rodgers given that BUF was stingiest with TE last year while CHI was the opposite?

List the TEs available.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

List the TEs available.

I put it in the more appropriate thread.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can't wait for this season to start. I have so many bad teams and good teams just waiting to unveil themselves.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Darko posted:

edit: Sorry, page didn't load all the way. Anyway, that was the point I was making in the "rate" thread but didn't get a chance to respond to in time. Thomas, who had similar position last year, was one option of 4 or so, Olsen is almost the only option and basically a WR.

Yeah, definitely not going to argue that point. my reasoning is more of the fact that you need at least 2 WR, 2 RB, and another of either to fill a roster, and I'd rather resign those "high risk/reward" guys to the bench than my starting lineup. In any league bigger than 10 teams, you're going to have a questionable RB2/WR3/FLEX if you spend a top 60 pick on a TE, no matter how good he is. The gap between TE3 and TE15 is going to be like 60 points, at the end of the day, that's negligible if it lets you start Chris Ivory over Devonta Freeman.

People drafting TEs that high are basically banking on all of their risk picks hitting, which statistically improbable.

Papes posted:

You're pretty much banking on megaton getting hurt for Tate to return value.

Which, looking at the last few seasons isn't exactly a sucker bet. But I think that Tate has the highest floor of any of those "well but he needs X/Y/Z to return value" guys. I'm really high on Tate even if Johnson doesn't get hurt. He's going to be a top-30 WR, easily, and has a shot at top-20 even if Johnson plays 16 games, and top-15 if he doesn't.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 9, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Whatever Tate loses in volume he'll more than make up for by taking random slant routes 60 yards to the house. He's the platonic ideal of a WR2.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
0 PPR ESPN Standard 12-team:

QB: Russell wilson
RB: Jamaal Charles, Lamar Miller, Arian Foster/Alfred Blue
WR: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Charles Johnson, James Jones, B. Perriman
TE: Delanie Walker

I was offered (AP + Victor Cruz) for (Lamar Miller + Megatron). My gut says reject that but would love a second opinion?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'd reject. I consider Cruz as someone I wouldn't draft. Lamar miller is a top 20 RB IMO. Obviously having AP and Charles is titillating, but it's not really a good deal for you.

Also re-posting this

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Just joined a FREE, 16 team, auto draft, work league, with standard scoring but these roster positions

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R
W/T
R/W/T
K
D

I'm right in just drafting a poo poo load of wide receivers right (using the preferences) (after RB1)?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
You just need one more WR than you would normally take to fill the W/T slot. I would assume, as long as no ppr, then just draft best available of RB/WR like usual.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Marshmallow Blue posted:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R
W/T
R/W/T
K
D

RBs are king in standard.

You'll need to get really lucky to get a usable RB off waviers in a 16 team league. you're much better off having RB drafted and then scraping waivers for WRs

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

RBs are king in standard.

You'll need to get really lucky to get a usable RB off waviers in a 16 team league. you're much better off having RB drafted and then scraping waivers for WRs

There are only one or two CJ Andersons every season but multiple red herrings. You basically have to be lucky with your waiver wire pickup that you chose the right one.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fortunately Bobby Rainey is always the right one

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Requoting from earlier because my draft's tonight.

Bellmaker posted:

So my family is apparently doing a "pointgasm" league for the first time with wacky bonuses, plus 0.5 PPR:

300-399 Passing Yards Bonus: 1 point
400+ Passing Yards Bonus: 2 points
40+ Passing Yard TD Bonus: 1 point
50+ Passing Yards TD Bonus: 2 points

40+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus: 1 point
50+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus: 2 points
100-199 Rushing Yards Bonus: 1 point
200+ Rushing Yards Bonus: 2 points

40+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus: 1 point
50+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus: 2 points
100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus: 1 point
200+ Receiving Yards Bonus: 2 points

How much does this change draft strategies vs. normal 0.5 PPR and is there already a BeerSheet for this crazy mess?

Should I draft more like a 6PaTD league? What about the other stuff?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bellmaker posted:

Requoting from earlier because my draft's tonight.

Should I draft more like a 6PaTD league? What about the other stuff?

No, how often do those bonuses kick in? Rarely except for the 100-199 yardage ones and they are only 1 point so it's not enough to change your drafting strategy.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Quick question doing an 12 team auction draft tonight that has lineup settings of

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R/T Flex
W/R/T Flex

What does that extra flex position do to budgeting/player values does it more evenly distribute them where studs are worth slightly less because that money needs to go to the extra flex or does it not really screw with the values that much. I figure it makes QB/TE less valuable since it shifts some scarcity onto playable Wrs and Rbs but other than that I am not sure. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Quick question doing an 12 team auction draft tonight that has lineup settings of

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
W/R/T Flex
W/R/T Flex

What does that extra flex position do to budgeting/player values does it more evenly distribute them where studs are worth slightly less because that money needs to go to the extra flex or does it not really screw with the values that much. I figure it makes QB/TE less valuable since it shifts some scarcity onto playable Wrs and Rbs but other than that I am not sure. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yah it just makes drafting another startable WR/RB more important, pushing QB's down a little bit. Also, I would probably not roster an extra QB/TE (TE you would have to get insane value).

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

I was offered (AP + Victor Cruz) for (Lamar Miller + Megatron). My gut says reject that but would love a second opinion?

Please tell me your team name is 3 Black Johnsons

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Murmur Twin posted:

Drop Blue for Duke Johnson (or David Johnson) and Perriman for Stevie Johnson.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Why would he cut Blue? He is the starting RB in Houston. Am I missing something here?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Sataere posted:

Why would he cut Blue? He is the starting RB in Houston. Am I missing something here?

Yes

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Bumping this post for some additional advice. Since offensive TD's are worth half of what they are normally, and due to needing to field 2 Defensive Linemen, is JJ Watt a consensus #1 overall? His positional advantage is so far ahead of every other position it seems like it would be worth it? Also, with needing to field 2 QB's, but with reduced scoring, I am not sure where that puts them in terms of priority.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 9, 2015

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ok I lied, one more attempt.

We have 8 people for a $50 buy in, 1 PPR, 6 PPPTD ESPN league. We can allow 4 more and would love 2 more. The draft is tonight 8PM PT/11PM ET.

Thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739014

All necessary information is in the most recent post at bottom of thread.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sataere posted:

He is bad

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Richard Rodgers is a decent option. Allen is the better player and has the same role (red zone option) but Rodgers has less competition for looks probably. Choosing between him and Allen is basically a coinflip as the only way either is valuable is if they score a TD. Another unknown guy that I really like is Crockett Gillmore in Baltimore. Baltimore has no depth at pass catcher with a bunch of JAGs at WR after Steve Smith with Perriman hurting at the moment. Gillmore is a good athlete who plays aggressively and knows how to use his strength to his advantage. Marc Trestman loves using his TEs so Gillmore could wind up being the #2 option in that offense.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Metapod posted:

He is bad

Hard Knocks made it seem like Chris Polk is 1000000x better than Alfred Blue which is great. It's also why I took Vince Wilfork last round as my kicker.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Also, rename your team "I CAN'T GET ENOUGH JOHNSON"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Metapod posted:

He is bad

I get that, but he is still a starter for a few weeks. And he has looked decent in the preseason. Odds are those other guys value doesn't increase too much during week one, but Blue's might.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sataere posted:

I get that, but he is still a starter for a few weeks. And he has looked decent in the preseason. Odds are those other guys value doesn't increase too much during week one, but Blue's might.

Teams are going to stack the box because they know Hoyer isn't going to beat them

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
But really, it's his lack of a meaningful johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ha, I'm an idiot. I completely missed that. Disregard everything I've said and follow goon instructions!

• Locked thread