Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cash crab posted:

Thanks for the chins, guys. :kimchi:

bathtime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTnJj9rf9cI

How about a Dust Bath in sloowww mooootiooonnn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzhpNOwVr5o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My cat forgot to put her tongue in.

Majestic apex predator.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Beekeeping and You posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmts3jhp8Gk

I like this video of 8 week old pomeranians

Oh god the squeaky barks. They are deadly....

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How about a Dust Bath in sloowww mooootiooonnn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzhpNOwVr5o

So, why do they bathe in dust? Also:kimchi:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Throwing Turtles posted:

I had one of those, my first dog MacArthur. Here he is getting a check up from Dante who wants a career in something involving genitals.

]

Don't worry. He's a doctor.

Well, he's a gynecologist, but it's his lunch hour.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Kwyndig posted:

Their fur is too dense and soft and fluffy and adorable for water to clean it. They use dust to brush and scrub and flail and steal your heart.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Kwyndig posted:

It helps keep fleas, ticks, and other parasites off of them. Less important to an indoor animal, but they still love the feel of it.

Edit: Also that ^^^

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
High altitude deserts don't have much standing water.

Pizookie
Apr 29, 2009
The fluffiest cat playing in slow motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzF_f61K67s

I just wish the video was higher quality.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It helps keep fleas, ticks, and other parasites off of them. Less important to an indoor animal, but they still love the feel of it.

Edit: Also that ^^^

The same technique is popular in France, or so I hear.

Actually no I just googled it and this is not a thing, anywhere, it's not even a real rumor. No one uses sand to bathe. Well there goes my joke, seeya.

Psycho Society has a new favorite as of 01:08 on Sep 10, 2015

TorpedoFish
Feb 19, 2006

Tingly.
A very good dogge has a very good day.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Goddamn loving onions. Stop chopping onions in this thread.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh god damnit

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

None of these videos have ever made me cry.

I'm crying now.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good news....

We're back in the fostering adorable little mewey kittens game!

Our new crew are three female kittens. So far, there's not much in the way of individual personalities. Wendy is the purriest, Tink is a little spitfire, and Tiger wiggles a lot and shreds the christ out of you when you try to love her.

Not a bad haul so far!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
That's a pretty nice grab bag of tiny cattes you have there.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The floofiest bird:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The elusive fatbird!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DarklyDreaming posted:

The floofiest bird:

Fat Chocobo! :magical:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Cat gets his mittens on some juicy pork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXsW8iuzNIU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DarklyDreaming posted:

The floofiest bird:

I could use some more fatbirds right now, a show I really liked(even if I'll admit it's kinda a guilty pleasure of one) just jumped the shark in a massive way and I need something to distract me from the rage building up inside

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Say hello, Dexter:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

TK8325 posted:

Say hello, Dexter:

wanna boop the snoot

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

yet another boopable snoot

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I love when dogs go all grey :3: old dogs are the greatest.

unrelated: have some CATS

http://dailyblep.tumblr.com/ this is a good blog

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Squids communicate by changing colour; I wonder what these guys are saying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMmWsnNDUU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

Squids communicate by changing colour; I wonder what these guys are saying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMmWsnNDUU

Didn't realize those were deer in the background and thought somebody put antlers on some capys.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

TK8325 posted:

Didn't realize those were deer in the background and thought somebody put antlers on some capys.

Definitely took me a minute to realize we were not dealing with jackacapybaras.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Thank you for my new first click in the morning to wake me up.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

I could use some more fatbirds right now, a show I really liked(even if I'll admit it's kinda a guilty pleasure of one) just jumped the shark in a massive way and I need something to distract me from the rage building up inside

Oh no, what did Steven Universe do?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

They're cute and they like to eat kudzu. Truly lovable creatures.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Bundle of Keys posted:

Oh no, what did Steven Universe do?

Wanna boop that nose.

And then be mauled to death, of course.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Alter Ego posted:

Wanna boop that nose.

Nah man, Cheetahs are incredibly chill. More like dogs, in temperament, than cats.
I believe there's never been a recorded cheetah attack on a human.
Or was that just recorded DEATH?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Nah man, Cheetahs are incredibly chill. More like dogs, in temperament, than cats.
I believe there's never been a recorded cheetah attack on a human.
Or was that just recorded DEATH?

That's just because Cheetahs are smart enough not to leave any witnesses.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

Wanna boop that nose.

Cheetahs are the least likely of the "big" cats to maul you. They've succesfully been domesticated for centuries, but they don't breed well in captivity. The Indian Cheetah went extinct through a combination of loss of breeding stock for domestication, and later under British rule it was regarded as a pest and killed on sight.
I wrote "big", because the cheetah isn't in the Panthera (big cat) genus, but has its very own; the Acinonyx genus, of which the cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus) is the sole survivor. Acinonyx is latin(?) and describes one of the characteristics about the cheetah: it can't retract its claws. Like, seriously, it uses its claws to get better traction when it runs. As a consequence they're pretty blunt and can best be compared to a dog's claws. It has a pair of dew claws located higher up on its forelegs, which it used to grasp onto its prey, so while it can't claw the ever-living poo poo out of you, it can still do a bit of damage.
Also while there has been documented cases of cheetahs attacking people, I think all the cheetahs were accostumed to people and I don't think anyone actually has been killed by a cheetah yet. (fake edit: okay in 2007 a Belgian woman climbed into a cheetah's enclosure at the local zoo and was killed. But come on.)

There's a bit of a resurgence in Saudi Arabia about keeping cheetahs as pets and as hunting animals, but since they don't breed well in captivity, a lot of cheetah cubs are caught in Africa and shipped off. Many don't survive the ordeal. So while it would be cool to keep a cheetah, don't keep a cheetah. If you really want to boop one, there's several volunteer things you can get involved with. http://cheetah.org/you-can-help/volunteer/ (holy poo poo there's something in Germany, that's more or less my backyard!)

Anyway, here's some more cheetahs.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
wasn't it like a month and a half ago we talked in this thread about cheetahs not doing well in captivity so now newborns are paired with dogs (who live about the same length of time) and imprinted on them to be buddies and keep cool about nearby humans? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Yeah, baby cheetah chat :3:

• Locked thread