Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hyperactive posted:

Is that out today too? I could've sworn it wasn't due until the 24th. Could totally be wrong about that of course. I'm in the middle of writing two different upcoming volumes, so any news about release dates for the current stuff is a surprise to me.

I put it on the new releases shelf so yes, it does indeed exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Covok posted:

I was out all Labor Day weekend with my mates so I just saw all these awesome suggestions. You all made some good points and they really helped. I was, honestly, overthinking things.

Be on the lookout as the recruit thread should be up by weeks end.

Would you mind dropping a line in here? I check this thread way more often than I do TG, and I'd be interesting in giving it a shot.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Rhyno posted:

I put it on the new releases shelf so yes, it does indeed exist.
Got our omnibus comps today. Dang. IDW printed the hell out of this thing, didn't they.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Got our omnibus comps today. Dang. IDW printed the hell out of this thing, didn't they.

Ask IDW about ROM for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hyperactive posted:

It's pretty fuckin excellent but oversized hardcovers would be more excellenter.

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, reprints ain't happening.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

A.o.D. posted:

Robo superior. ROM inferior.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Hyperactive posted:

So... Atomic Robo/Transformers crossover?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Superstring posted:

If Scott had any say in the matter, Robo would die off panel on page one and the rest of the series would be his Cliffjumper fanfic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hyperactive posted:

If Scott had any say in the matter, Robo would die off panel on page one and the rest of the series would be his Cliffjumper fanfic.

Okay, now you need to buy him a forums account.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyperactive posted:

Aw HELL no.

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, reprints ain't happening.

I don't need reprints, I have had the entire original run for decades. ROM#1 was the very first comic book my father read to me as a child.

edit: Want to mess a kid up? Show a 4 year old a comic where a dog gets machinegunned down for no reason.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 13, 2015

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

A.o.D. posted:

Aw HELL no.
Yup.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A.o.D. posted:

Aw HELL no.

I don't need reprints, I have had the entire original run for decades. ROM#1 was the very first comic book my father read to me as a child.

edit: Want to mess a kid up? Show a 4 year old a comic where a dog gets machinegunned down for no reason.

Well their new series has next to no chance of having the heart of the old since they can't use anything from the old series at all. I am not hopeful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Okay, now you need to buy him a forums account.
*Does*

*No more Robo comics ever*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Superstring posted:

Clearly this has all been a years-long con to build to the reveal at the end of Vol. 13 that Majestic is secretly led by Shockwave.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Clearly this has all been a years-long con to build to the reveal at the end of Vol. 13 that Majestic is secretly led by Shockwave.

Soundwave superior. Tesladyne inferior.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well their new series has next to no chance of having the heart of the old since they can't use anything from the old series at all. I am not hopeful.

Neither am I :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A.o.D. posted:

Neither am I :(

New idea.

Atomic ROMbo.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was just reminded this fanposter exists, so hey Hyperactive I think I found a good idea for the next Robo arc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sorry to get back to boring business-y stuff, but is the Comixology release of Ring Of Fire going to just be individual issues or is there a digital trade coming at the end?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I was just reminded this fanposter exists, so hey Hyperactive I think I found a good idea for the next Robo arc.

It's possible that Atomic Robo in Diamonds are for Never will feature something like what The World Crime League might have been. But there's no guarantee on that this far out.

Gaz-L posted:

Sorry to get back to boring business-y stuff, but is the Comixology release of Ring Of Fire going to just be individual issues or is there a digital trade coming at the end?
There will be a collection available on comiXology once all five individual issues are released.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hyperactive posted:

There will be a collection available on comiXology once all five individual issues are released.

:tipshat: Much appreciated.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Is Robo getting a new head as well as a body? Is that his old beat up head in the background of panel #1 today?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Bucnasti posted:

Is Robo getting a new head as well as a body? Is that his old beat up head in the background of panel #1 today?
Yup!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I know that lots of Robo's parts are supposed to be black boxes, but come on. Tesla was working with the technology and materials of his era. It's been a hundred years, is there really nothing that the world's smartest nuclear engineer can use to do the job?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

They're just setting up a need to raid Dr. Dinosaur's lab for atomic crystals.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

wiegieman posted:

I know that lots of Robo's parts are supposed to be black boxes, but come on. Tesla was working with the technology and materials of his era. It's been a hundred years, is there really nothing that the world's smartest nuclear engineer can use to do the job?
It took us 1,500 years to rediscover Roman concrete.

Now consider trying to retro-engineer the most advanced and entirely undocumented nuclear power plant from memory.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Hyperactive posted:

It took us 1,500 years to rediscover Roman concrete.

Now consider trying to retro-engineer the most advanced and entirely undocumented nuclear power plant from memory.

Closer to 1000, and that's only the use of pozzolan, which was overtaken by the wholly superior hydraulic lime. What really matters in concrete is pour technique. See the Panama canal leak problems for how even how good chemistry can be ruined by bad technique.

I'm way too concerned about fake comic science anyway.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Yeah that's great, my point is that even a simple lost technology can be difficult to recreate.

quote:

I'm way too concerned about fake comic science anyway.
The robot couldn't be intelligent either, but don't let it get around!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

wiegieman posted:

The man had a suit that

1) was powered by the telluric/magnetic fields of the earth
2) allowed him to fly and shoot thunder
3) gave him the ability to manipulate electronic currents to a degree that destroyed a private army on the verge of a coup

Technology even close to that (Portable magnetic levitation, accurate and portable particle projection) is decades away. Comic Tesla was decades ahead of where ULTRA is now, and this was in the late 1800s. Also, he used Wardenclyfe to punch a creature that simultaneously does and does not exist. He's allowed some fantastic science.

8one6 posted:

THE GREATEST ENERGY SOURCE!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It would be absolutely, deliciously perfect if only a superior reptilian intellect could save Robo.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

8one6 posted:

J.A.B.C. posted:

THE GREATEST ENERGY SOURCE!

ROBO'S PUNY ROBOT MAMMAL MIND CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THE TRUE POWER OF THE CRYSTALS!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
If Robo ends up crystal powered, I might have to drive to wherever Hyperactive is and buy him a beer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CRYSTALS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

If Robo ends up crystal powered, I might have to drive to wherever Hyperactive is and buy him a beer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I would love to just see Robo's face if that happened. It would be the epitome of "I can't loving believe this right now."

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hyperactive posted:

Yeah that's great, my point is that even a simple lost technology can be difficult to recreate.

Hello Greek Fire!

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

If you're near Richmond VA you can catch him and Scott Wegener at Velocity Comics October 9th between 5-7 pm.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Covok posted:

I would love to just see Robo's face if that happened. It would be the epitome of "I can't loving believe this right now."

I think it would be very funny if somehow Robo gets sucked through time again, this time he sees how his heart is built and sure enough... CRYSTALS!

He finds out that was Tesla's big secret all these years, crystals!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

BooDoug187 posted:

I think it would be very funny if somehow Robo gets sucked through time again, this time he sees how his heart is built and sure enough... CRYSTALS!

He finds out that was Tesla's big secret all these years, crystals!

All of these years Dr. Dinosaur has just been plagiarizing from the Lost Notebooks of Nikola Tesla!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Please tell me that while they're redesigning Robos hands, they include the ability to use touch screens.

• Locked thread