Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Corsair killed fiddy men. And that's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Cangelosi posted:

Batman's Shameful Secret › Post Funny Panels and/or Scott Summers' Nipples

First he was Hank Hill, now he's Dale Gribble.

Make up your mind people :colbert:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cangelosi posted:

Batman's Shameful Secret › Post Funny Panels and/or Scott Summers' Nipples

Jean, you died. It's in the goddamned vows, let it go.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

help

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Transformers wiki is great because it's probably the only fandom that really understands and accepts the underlying core of the property they're fans of.

Wasn't David Willis an admin of the Transformers wiki for a while? That explains much.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Transformers wiki is great because it's probably the only fandom that really understands and accepts the underlying core of the property they're fans of.

I know next to nothing about Transformers but I enjoy the wiki. As it happens, the best page on Wookieepedia is a rip-off of a page on the TFWiki.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Keeshhound posted:

Jean, you died. It's in the goddamned vows, let it go.

No wonder he jumped on Emma Frost as fast as he did. He probably thought he could bang her for like three weeks top and then Jean would appear or a clone of her or an alternate dimension version of her or an alternate dimension version of their common child or the alternate dimension version of the common child of him and her clone or the evil clone of the alternate dimension version of the common child of him and her clone or the alternate future version of the alternate dimension version of the common child of him and her clone

Either way it would be really awkward.

Between all that and the four different hosed up father figures he's had and the stuff with his brother and his alternate dimension/time travel shenanigans, for a guy whose power is to shoot beams out of his eyes, Scott Summers has had to deal with a lot of poo poo.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 8, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And after all that he still manages to be right all the time.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know next to nothing about Transformers but I enjoy the wiki. As it happens, the best page on Wookieepedia is a rip-off of a page on the TFWiki.

Seriously. More fandoms could stand learn from the Transformers folks' example :allears:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Selachian posted:

Wasn't David Willis an admin of the Transformers wiki for a while? That explains much.

I believe he actually owns it.

Chirk Manbote
Apr 19, 2012
Fanny Punnels from various ALIENS titles

:eyepop:

I always found the saxophone in Aliens: Genocide to be hilarious but oddly humanizing. Like an OK Star Trek TNG episode.

Aliens: Hive (aka Harvest) is absolutely GORGEOUS. Apparently it's Kelley Jones. Also, I love the faces the dog makes:

:(

Aliens: Stronghold is pretty hilarious

:allears:

Also, I got a tattoo of the upper-left doodle from this:

edit: Should I put all those timgs on the same line so the post doesn't sprawl?

Chirk Manbote fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aliens: Stronghold is both hilarious and loving terrible. And hosed up. The ending owns, though.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The gently caress is that stronghold stuff? Also, the doggie gets implanted, right? :(

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I had to look up the "Aliens: PIG" thing.
It is better without context

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Someone get George Miller on the phone, STAT!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

kizudarake posted:

The gently caress is that stronghold stuff? Also, the doggie gets implanted, right? :(

If I remember correctly, it's basically about an android who'd been constructed to look like an alien, to study them from within. The local head researcher (who's also completely insane, because Alien) makes him smoke cigars because he thinks it's hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He's not wrong.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

My favourite thing about stronghold (Apart from the ending which is awesome and belongs in the badass thread) is the scientist also created this 8 foot tall super alien killing robot.

And whenever he met Jerry (the Xenomorph looking robot) he would go into alien killing mode. Until Jerry told him to stop and he'd say
"Xenomorph is talking. Xenomorph are incapable of talking. Conclusion, subject is Jerry."

Like this scientists builds this ultimate killing machine, but gives him the ED 209 level of intelligence.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What, you're going to build an ultimate killing machine and also make it smart?

Do you want Skynet? Because that's how you get Skynet.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Man, if some scientist dude makes something that is better than people, and that something ends up killing all people, that isn't tragedy it is just evolution.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

My favourite thing about stronghold (Apart from the ending which is awesome and belongs in the badass thread) is the scientist also created this 8 foot tall super alien killing robot.

And whenever he met Jerry (the Xenomorph looking robot) he would go into alien killing mode. Until Jerry told him to stop and he'd say
"Xenomorph is talking. Xenomorph are incapable of talking. Conclusion, subject is Jerry."

Like this scientists builds this ultimate killing machine, but gives him the ED 209 level of intelligence.

drat good thing they didn't film the version of the script where the alien reports in as ripley

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Deadly Class 16. There are about 5 pages I could post from this issue so you might as well all just buy it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Sentinel Red posted:

No. The world is not yet ready for a mutant with the gift of lactating force beams from the punch dimension.

https://youtu.be/ZdT_SK32GL0

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

The Question IRL posted:

Androids in the AvP universe are always fun.

In some comic I can't remember the name of, the Predators dump some Xenomorphs on a human colony and go hunting. Some Weyland-Yutani exec gets killed by Xenomorphs leaving behind a confused and despondent bodyguard android. The MC finds the android standing over the guy's corpse:

:sun:"Are you programed for revenge?"
:smith:"Yes"
:sun:*points at predators* "Those are the guys responsible for your master's death"
:black101:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Avulsion posted:

Androids in the AvP universe are always fun.

In some comic I can't remember the name of, the Predators dump some Xenomorphs on a human colony and go hunting. Some Weyland-Yutani exec gets killed by Xenomorphs leaving behind a confused and despondent bodyguard android. The MC finds the android standing over the guy's corpse:

:sun:"Are you programed for revenge?"
:smith:"Yes"
:sun:*points at predators* "Those are the guys responsible for your master's death"
:black101:

Yeah, that was in one of the cheap paperback novels too. The android takes out something like a dozen predators before taking enough damage to be shut down while the MC character is busy fighting just *one* of them.

That same thing has a kid jump into one of those walking tank things that is controlled by direct brain interface, but the kid didn't have the right implants so it basically drilled into his brain and forced the connection. So you had a half-lobotomized kid piloting a war machine to destroy a bunch of Aliens so the protagonists can escape.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Bringing up Predators made me think of the stupidest loving thing.

"Hey, what if they had to fight something without a head? Would the just not give a poo poo enough to deal with them?"
leads to-
"Headless Horseman Vs Predator: A Tim Burton film"

Nobody can stop the Headless Horseman, so they turn to the best headhunters in the galaxy to find his head.
Good news, they did. Bad news, they aint giving it back without a fight across scenic landmarks!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Bringing up Predators made me think of the stupidest loving thing.

"Hey, what if they had to fight something without a head? Would the just not give a poo poo enough to deal with them?"
leads to-
"Headless Horseman Vs Predator: A Tim Burton film"

Nobody can stop the Headless Horseman, so they turn to the best headhunters in the galaxy to find his head.
Good news, they did. Bad news, they aint giving it back without a fight across scenic landmarks!

Johnny Depp is going to be the worst predator I've ever heard of...

...but I have heard of him...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

All-Star Section Eight #1, where Batman gets a parking ticket.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

(Bad Machinery, September 10, 2015)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
The Return of Bruce Wayne # 3

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sizone posted:

The Return of Bruce Wayne # 3

Please tell me that's Captain Jack Sparrow. I keep reading it in his voice.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Bruceski posted:

Please tell me that's Captain Jack Sparrow. I keep reading it in his voice.

Sorry, it was Blackbeard. I do not know what he sounded like.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Deadly Class 16. There are about 5 pages I could post from this issue so you might as well all just buy it.

Post more panels. I am not yet convinced.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 10, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sizone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HeS1SgohI&t=17m16s

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The power of a woman is to be forgotten about and literally turn invisible. That episode made me realize a point which countless panels of Reed being a dick to Sue had failed to impress upon me.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Sizone posted:

The power of a woman is to be forgotten about and literally turn invisible. That episode made me realize a point which countless panels of Reed being a dick to Sue had failed to impress upon me.

Also to put up barriers to prevent people from connecting with her in any way, don't forget.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Sizone posted:

Like The Thing, duh!

Fantastic Four #5

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'll never understand why they went with HERBIE instead of Johnny, wasn't Johnny pretty popular back then?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I'll never understand why they went with HERBIE instead of Johnny, wasn't Johnny pretty popular back then?
Here you go. Basically, it was a simple rights issue.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 10, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
^^ Hah, licensing. God, Marvel had a clusterfuck of licensing agreements even then

Kids setting themselves on fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Skwirl posted:

Maybe they felt having the Human Torch around would harm the popularity of Spider-Man's Amazing Friend, Firestar? I forget if the shows ran simultaneously.

Edit: Nevermind. Licensing! Ha.