Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Truth. With my purchase I have 7.2M credits waiting for me. I am ok with out the million I won on a spin.

And 11 cars, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

My wife called me an idiot when I told her I was just going to buy the vanilla edition.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
:siren:Ten Hours:siren:

I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to play until the evening, but drat I'm excited.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

WienerDog posted:

:siren:Ten Hours:siren:

I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to play until the evening, but drat I'm excited.

I was looking at the release date while I was on the Xbone and it said 12:01 AM on the release date, not 13:01 UTC like it says on the website store.
:pray:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think 12:01 am refers to the non-Ultimate edition next tuesday.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I was looking on the Bone too. I see the main game page releasing 12:01est on the 15th, but the Ultimate Edition page has 13:01utc tomorrow.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

WienerDog posted:

I was looking on the Bone too. I see the main game page releasing 12:01est on the 15th, but the Ultimate Edition page has 13:01utc tomorrow.

You're right, I just checked again. Wishful thinking got the better of me.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

If anyone else is thinking about getting the ultimate edition, you can get it for $85 +tax by getting this discounted gift card:

http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/xbox-live-100-gift-card-email-delivery.html

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
This thrustmaster is really quite neat. It's so ridiculously strong. What feedback and vibration settings do you use? 900 degree?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well you're Canadian so wouldn't that be about.... 23 degrees celsius? Where 10 is hypothermia and 30 is heat death of the universe.

(I find that 270 or 540 works best in Forza games or tankslappers become a lot of effort to save.)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Add me on Xbox live if yall haven't. I might be available to race tomorrow

Birdlaw111

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Ugh. Im in Australia but work hosed up hours which pretty much puts me in the US primetime for my gaming...... except for tomorrow/today. Guess a late friday night drunk driving session will be my introduction to this.

Ill proly go on an adding spree for rivals later and apologise in advance for my driving if I somehow stumble into a race with someone.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SmokeyXIII posted:

This thrustmaster is really quite neat. It's so ridiculously strong. What feedback and vibration settings do you use? 900 degree?
loving Forza day, I can't sleep. I slept four hours and had to get up and shower and sit here because it's Forza day and I'm too revved to sleep.

I have that wheel (thanks EF) and I found that, for me, 900 degrees is overkill. Depending on the car, I use the on-the-fly modes on the wheel. I use the 300-ish range a lot. More for slower cars, less for really insane cars like F1/Indy. Feedback I dial back not just because it's fatiguing but because I hope to extend the life of the mechanisms if possible.

Turning on auto clutch is a bit of a pain if you forget to turn it back off, but it's such a great feature.

gently caress it, I'm gonna try to get back to sleep, this is ridiculous.

Happy Forza day, everyone!

P.S. - Cubey, we may not get along so well but you wrote an excellent OP. Kudos and thank you.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 10, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cant loving sleep... god drat it Microsoft, just flip the loving switch early.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

What time does it drop (GMT)? I finish work in 5 hours and I have booked tomorrow off.

I'm going to race cars until my eyes bleed.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm too lazy to look up what time it is in GMT, but it's 2 hours from now!

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Jarf posted:

What time does it drop (GMT)? I finish work in 5 hours and I have booked tomorrow off.

I'm going to race cars until my eyes bleed.

Also booked off tomorrow.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SmokeyXIII posted:

900 degrees, feedback at 65.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
We have at least twenty minutes.
What beginner car do you prefer? Anyone?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. Faustus posted:

We have at least twenty minutes.
What beginner car do you prefer? Anyone?

Who cares, you'll drive it for maybe 10 races at most :D

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Just getting ready to to walk out the door. Post pictures for poor mattdizzle :(

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Who cares, you'll drive it for maybe 10 races at most :D
Buzzkill.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Just getting ready to to walk out the door. Post pictures for poor mattdizzle :(
If I can, I will. You know I like takin' the pictures.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hold on to yer butts.

I saw a picture on another forum that showed we get to pick our driver's gender. My drivatar is going to be the unbeatable Maria Rossi.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Its... loading up!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

L_Harrison posted:

Hold on to yer butts.

I saw a picture on another forum that showed we get to pick our driver's gender. My drivatar is going to be the unbeatable Maria Rossi.
I approve. Lisa Harrison, scariest driver alive for President.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Its HAPPENING!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
IT BEGINS

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Does this mean I can delete the demo? ;-P

(sorry, too much twitter lately)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 10, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Now lets customize your car to truly make it yours. Here pick from a design made by our community of player designs"

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"Now lets customize your car to truly make it yours. Here pick from a design made by our community of player designs"
That was in the demo, and yeah it was hilariously stupid.

The full game remembered my controller settings, that's pretty cool.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 10, 2015

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

It's time right? My game won't start up.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Yup, working for me. Went live as of half an hour ago...

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Some of us are playing. I think MS rolls out in stages to handle server load.

Also, Note to self: Make sure car pointing right way before you firewall it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

What version did you buy? Only Ultimate is live.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What version did you buy? Only Ultimate is live.

Well I didn't spend a hundred bucks for anything else... The game says it's ready to go but the DLC still says preordered. Looks like I'm not alone. http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm350714_SUPPORT--Issues-launching-FM6-Ultimate-Edition.aspx#post_350714

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Note to all: If you played FM5 on controller; and you got used to rumble triggers on the controller, you may wish to adjust them. Now, when you get a rumble, it's almost too late (could be due to starter cars, not sure yet). Just bear it in mind when you do the first races.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Well I didn't spend a hundred bucks for anything else... The game says it's ready to go but the DLC still says preordered.

I dunno, the game and all the dlc preloaded for me and game went live and started on time.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Well I didn't spend a hundred bucks for anything else... The game says it's ready to go but the DLC still says preordered. Looks like I'm not alone. http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm350714_SUPPORT--Issues-launching-FM6-Ultimate-Edition.aspx#post_350714

Don't know if it will help but I had to restart my xbox before it would work for me.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

That was in the demo, and yeah it was hilariously stupid.

The full game remembered my controller settings, that's pretty cool.

Correction: It forgot what button I use for clutch. Now I can't change it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Symphoric posted:

Don't know if it will help but I had to restart my xbox before it would work for me.

I tried that several times. Looks like I have to reinstall everything. It's currently just sitting there now.

• Locked thread