Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Saint Freak posted:

God all of my INT cards suck. I'll just do a multidraw and I'm bound to get a half decent one.

Why hello beautiful

Grats on Cui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Does anyone else's Mighty Mask spam a super attack almost every turn?
Been trying to farm him on Hard since I don't have the team to run Z-Hard, and there've been a number of fights where it's 75% supers at me.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

the_steve posted:

Does anyone else's Mighty Mask spam a super attack almost every turn?
Been trying to farm him on Hard since I don't have the team to run Z-Hard, and there've been a number of fights where it's 75% supers at me.

On Z-Hard He attacks on every even turn, usually with a Super. I've used Ghost Usher and hoping that my Captain Ginyu's "My Choice" triggers so he doesn't hit with a Super. My INT team can take about two supers before I have to heal. I've also been using the over 100 Moori's I had in an attempt to do a little more damage. When I run out of Ghost Usher's will probably switch to Baba's.

I've gotten 3 to drop so far, with having more success dropping when fighting the Kids than Mighty Mask. The Kid Trunks and Goten battle seems a little bit fairer, as they aren't spamming Super Attack's every turn, although they attack every turn.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I am way too addicted to this game. I am at level 130 and have no other way to farm stones. I have actually considered dropping money.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CappyBottoms posted:

I am way too addicted to this game. I am at level 130 and have no other way to farm stones. I have actually considered dropping money.

If you have cleared the content what do you need more units for? Sometimes its time to take a break because you have won. Log in daily relax and do events. Dropping money would only be useful if you were stuck on content. I you have every stone you have cleared Z-Hard.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Saint Freak posted:

God all of my INT cards suck. I'll just do a multidraw and I'm bound to get a half decent one.

Why hello beautiful

Chick, chicka chickaaaaaaaa.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

pixaal posted:

If you have cleared the content what do you need more units for? Sometimes its time to take a break because you have won. Log in daily relax and do events. Dropping money would only be useful if you were stuck on content. I you have every stone you have cleared Z-Hard.

I managed some good SSR pulls but I won't be happy until I get a SSR Vegeta pull.

I use to have a gambling addiction...well still do apparently.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

You could also pick other game like this and start anew, like the One Piece one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CappyBottoms posted:

I managed some good SSR pulls but I won't be happy until I get a SSR Vegeta pull.

I use to have a gambling addiction...well still do apparently.

Aren't the SSR Vegetas some of the worst SSRs? (not that this makes them bad by any means, since they're still SSR)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Ytlaya posted:

Aren't the SSR Vegetas some of the worst SSRs? (not that this makes them bad by any means, since they're still SSR)

My TEQ was solid for a while.. until he wasn't. He's still leagues beyond any other non-SSR, but he's been eclipsed by some of the others. He's got great links though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ytlaya posted:

The PHY one does good work for me. Good links and high defense. Haven't done much with the TEQ one.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I have an SSR PHY SSJ Vegeta that links well with a SR PHY Vegeta and a buncha other stuff. Whenever I've picked the SSJ TEQ Vegeta as a friend I was unimpressed.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, we're already getting a repeat of Bardock's event?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Well, I didn't manage to get Chair Frieza, Chilled or Kid Vegeta so good for me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah I'm going to need some new content to justify all the money I've spent on this stupid game oh God what's wrong with me I'm a grown-up for fucks sake and I'm putting money from my lovely job into a stupid anime phone game someone help me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Yeah I'm going to need some new content to justify all the money I've spent on this stupid game oh God what's wrong with me I'm a grown-up for fucks sake and I'm putting money from my lovely job into a stupid anime phone game someone help me.

I'm in the same boat. I could use some events to mess with. Guess I can finish up Hard and Z-Hard.

I've taken to messing with new teams. Have my Ginyu's all at SSR*, a good Saiyan team, halfway done with my Androids, I think I'll mess with a Z-Fighters one after that, since I have most of them at SR and an SSR Piccolo. Wish I could get that SR TEQ 17 to go with my SR AGI 18. Nappa is an honorary android for now.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 8, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Finally got Mighty Mask up to Super Attack Level 10. Now to get him up to 60 and get some Bubbles to awaken him. I don't think his links are that good though. At least I can farm the awakening medals today, since I have just about everything else done with the game so far.

If they were redoing the Bardock summoning event, I might have considered dropping some cash on the game again, since SSJ Bardock would give me an awesome strength character. Since it's just the farming event, maybe I'll see if I can challenge Kid Vegeta and get him to drop again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

I'm in the same boat. I could use some events to mess with. Guess I can finish up Hard and Z-Hard.

I've taken to messing with new teams. Have my Ginyu's all at SSR*, a good Saiyan team, halfway done with my Androids, I think I'll mess with a Z-Fighters one after that, since I have most of them at SR and an SSR Piccolo. Wish I could get that SR TEQ 17 to go with my SR AGI 18. Nappa is an honorary android for now.

Androids are tough since their only universal bonus is defense, but I have a rainbow Z Fighters team and it's really solid. If I didn't have so many SSRs that didn't fit in I'd use them more.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I still don't have mighty mask despite like a dozen stamina bars.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

I'm presently focused on finishing the Z-HARD achievements - notably the super/extreme team achievements. Getting closer to completing these, which makes for a good time-waster once you've demolished story on HARD/Z-HARD.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

I'm presently focused on finishing the Z-HARD achievements - notably the super/extreme team achievements. Getting closer to completing these, which makes for a good time-waster once you've demolished story on HARD/Z-HARD.

I'm almost done those (only Super PHY and STR left). Only the grind 1000, login and 10 support items missions are left for me.

I like being able to run the Z-Hard events without using items though.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Cozz posted:

Finally got Mighty Mask up to Super Attack Level 10. Now to get him up to 60 and get some Bubbles to awaken him. I don't think his links are that good though. At least I can farm the awakening medals today, since I have just about everything else done with the game so far.

If they were redoing the Bardock summoning event, I might have considered dropping some cash on the game again, since SSJ Bardock would give me an awesome strength character. Since it's just the farming event, maybe I'll see if I can challenge Kid Vegeta and get him to drop again.

In events like this, you should have saved the extra Might Masks until you had at least 6 of them.
-Then individually level each up using the Awakened N-card fodders to lvl 20~30 (gives about 100K to 150K exp).
-Then combine them all + training grounds + some training items and you have a easy effortless level it to 60.
-Awaken it, then do the same for of the last 4 of them and you should be almost level 80 with level 10 super.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got my second Perfect Cell today on a random pull.

I just wanted Gohan. :(

KNOW MY PAIN!

(I'm so sorry. I don't know how my luck turned out this way.. 2x SSJ2 Goku, 2x Cell, 2x SSJ Vegeta..)

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 9, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

isme posted:

In events like this, you should have saved the extra Might Masks until you had at least 6 of them.
-Then individually level each up using the Awakened N-card fodders to lvl 20~30 (gives about 100K to 150K exp).
-Then combine them all + training grounds + some training items and you have a easy effortless level it to 60.
-Awaken it, then do the same for of the last 4 of them and you should be almost level 80 with level 10 super.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next event. I was having a weaker one eat up the higher level , which after about 5 only got me up to level 33. If there's one thing I haven't been doing since I started playing this game, it's min-maxing experience.

However, I've only got 6 more SR*'s to get to 60, 10 SSR*'s to 80, and get my only UR to 100. I'm using Supreme Kai's location to get some quick leveling of those SR*'s though, as 5 level 1's will get them from 40 to 60 in one shot. Good thing I have still have 15 uses of them and am impatient.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

New Leaf posted:

I got my second Perfect Cell today on a random pull.

I just wanted Gohan. :(

KNOW MY PAIN!

(I'm so sorry. I don't know how my luck turned out this way.. 2x SSJ2 Goku, 2x Cell, 2x SSJ Vegeta..)

That team, did you spend a few grand? You should probably get help, because nothing in this game needs a team that strong. I mean if you make 6+ figures I guess it's an okay use of your money. Please don't buy anime characters with food and rent money.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

pixaal posted:

That team, did you spend a few grand? You should probably get help, because nothing in this game needs a team that strong. I mean if you make 6+ figures I guess it's an okay use of your money. Please don't buy anime characters with food and rent money.

I might have spent $200-$300 so far, but a lot of this is pure poo poo-house luck. I allow myself $50 or so of stones per pay period (every other week) because I got a new job in April and my wife paid off her debt, so we are doing pretty well this year. I don't multi-pull, it's never worked out well. Single pulls are where it's at. I play this game more than I do a lot of things because I keep it going at work. I know it's silly, but I enjoy the game!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

New Leaf posted:

I might have spent $200-$300 so far, but a lot of this is pure poo poo-house luck. I allow myself $50 or so of stones per pay period (every other week) because I got a new job in April and my wife paid off her debt, so we are doing pretty well this year. I don't multi-pull, it's never worked out well. Single pulls are where it's at. I play this game more than I do a lot of things because I keep it going at work. I know it's silly, but I enjoy the game!

That is some insane luck then, the game does have a payment history if you want to double check for your own finances. People throwing thousands away at a phone game is insane and sad. I've seen people throwing a grand a month at games that are in horrible debt and not buying lunch so they can spend $10 more on their phone game. I've also seen people who have millions and can afford to spend a few grand.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 9, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

pixaal posted:

That is some insane luck then, the game does have a payment history if you want to double check for your own finances. People throwing thousands away at a phone game is insane and sad. I've seen people throwing a grand a month at games that are in horrible debt and not buying lunch so they can spend $10 more on their phone game. I've also seen people who have millions and can afford to spend a few grand.

Yeah, my two SSJ2 Gokus were back to back.. The Cells couldn't have been more than a half-dozen pulls apart, and I got Trunks minutes before my first Cell. Vegeta was one of the first pulls I ever had after starting. I think Bardock was a multi-pull. And I don't recall the Str SSJ Goku, he's fairly new too. I've got a lot of good stuff. If I do single pulls, I'll get 6/10 as SR+. If I do multi-pulls, it's 9 R and a SR Chi-Chi or SR Videl. They're both at Super Attack 4. SR Teq Android 17 is SR 6..

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I added up my expense on this game so far and :gonk:. I think I'm done buying stones for a while, I can just keep working on the story and the challenges. Probably work on my SSRs. New Leaf has way better luck than I do, goddamn.

It was basically my board/video game and D&D booze money I wasn't using since nothing's been coming out and my D&D group's been on hiatus, so whatever.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can understand being addicted to the gacha before you have a full party of really good stuff, but there isn't really much for New Leaf to upgrade other than maybe getting the new SSJ2 Gohan and upgrading super attacks (at least no until future updates, anyways). Like, I had a similar combination of money/luck back when I played Puzzles and Dragons a bunch a year or so ago, but I no longer felt the desire to use the gacha once I had a bunch of really great stuff (outside of really extreme stuff like increasing some active skills, there wasn't really anything I could roll that would be better than a side-grade).

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
But I need SR Android 17! :retrogames::rolldice:

Sweet. Day 60. +9 levels on Kid Goku.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 10, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Man, I have 4 days until I hit day 60. And bump up Kid Goku's Super Attack again.

I also learned today that I was an idiot and grinding the wrong stage during the last Bardock event for Chilled (or the drop rate was worse than I thought). I was able to get a second one by playing "Dastardly Space Pirate", when the last time I was playing "Furious Transformation". I also got lucky and got a second Kid Vegeta today. An all 60+ PHY team Kinda mitigated his hard hitting. No luck on getting Chair Frezia from that stage, but Using Bardock as training fodder is not bad.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is SR INT Chiaotzu any good? I'm messing with my Z-Fighters team in story and I'm not sure he's worth the effort over a Kid Gohan or Nail.

Here's what I'm messing with:

SR AGI Yamcha - The one with the 25% enemy defense debuff :getin:
SSR PHY Piccolo
SR STR Tien
SR TEQ Krillin
SR AGI Goku
SR INT Chiaotzu

I also have the options of any SR Kid Gohan (they all seem kind of middling), the event Gohan at super 10, SR STR Goku, SR INT Nail, or maybe just add Bardock and YOLO gently caress it. Any ideas?

Cozz posted:

Man, I have 4 days until I hit day 60. And bump up Kid Goku's Super Attack again.

I also learned today that I was an idiot and grinding the wrong stage during the last Bardock event for Chilled (or the drop rate was worse than I thought). I was able to get a second one by playing "Dastardly Space Pirate", when the last time I was playing "Furious Transformation". I also got lucky and got a second Kid Vegeta today. An all 60+ PHY team Kinda mitigated his hard hitting. No luck on getting Chair Frezia from that stage, but Using Bardock as training fodder is not bad.

I thought Furious Transformation was the right one. Maybe he drops on both?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

Is SR INT Chiaotzu any good? I'm messing with my Z-Fighters team in story and I'm not sure he's worth the effort over a Kid Gohan or Nail.

Here's what I'm messing with:

SR AGI Yamcha - The one with the 25% enemy defense debuff :getin:
SSR PHY Piccolo
SR STR Tien
SR TEQ Krillin
SR AGI Goku
SR INT Chiaotzu

I also have the options of any SR Kid Gohan (they all seem kind of middling), the event Gohan at super 10, SR STR Goku, SR INT Nail, or maybe just add Bardock and YOLO gently caress it. Any ideas?

I thought Furious Transformation was the right one. Maybe he drops on both?

Maybe he does drop on both. I know I got a success tonight doing Dastardly Space Pirate though, and no successes doing Furious Transformation during the last event. A reddit thread said Dastardly Space Pirate, so I tried that and got a lucky drop (on the fourth try of the day).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

YES, he's great. He has awesome links with both Z-Fighters and Tien, and his Passive can completely negate the enemy's turn.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

YES, he's great. He has awesome links with both Z-Fighters and Tien, and his Passive can completely negate the enemy's turn.

I thought that knock-out seemed pretty good. Reasonably common, too. Looks like I'll keep the Pokemon.

I feel like STR Tien and AGI Goku are the right picks. I have the others, but the links on AGI Goku (Strongest Duo on Earth with Piccolo specifically) are better, meaning Tien is the obligate STR.

As an aside, I'm developing a real appreciation for the enemy attack reducing leader skills. I have Chilled for AGI, Dr. Gero for TEQ, and Future 17 for INT. Really shines for farming when Z-Hard boss supers can't even break 3k. Are there ones for STR and PHY?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 10, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cozz posted:

gently caress, I wasted so many stamina bars in "Dastardly Space Pirate" it's not funny...

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Looks like some new Characters in the summon pool. Super Saiyan Trunks (int) and Perfect Cell (phys).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This drat mask will not be dropped, gently caress I hate trunks/gotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Got mask to Super 10, replacing my SSR* TEQ Trunks with him. Seems like a sidegrade but one day that Super 10 will come in handy