Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Im_Special posted:

OverClocked ReMix released just now their new Final Fantasy IX Album, Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart, I remember the FFIV and VI one to be pretty good, this one has also been in the works for over 5 years, fitting for a Square tribute.

That face tho.

whoo boy that would have been a real nice picture without those two people there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Hey, I know the guys who did the Dark Messenger cover, Arxidopita. Like all their covers, it SLAYS.

:stare:

I do not regret putting a temporary halt to listening to Vamo alla Django for this. Holy cow.

E: Haha, of course SnappleMan was involved, no wonder.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fister Roboto posted:

The weirdest thing to me is the giant fish hanging off of the weather vane.

Armstrong is Jim Bob Yaga's hut, he just really likes those novelty singing trouts.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Page 1337 of the Final Fantasy thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We did it

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Page 1337 of the Final Fantasy thread.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
yoshitaka amano is rolling in his grave

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FF9 remixes? Sure!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Man I'm not really diggin' this Worlds Apart album so far. Vamo alla Django is fun and so is Calum Bowen's stuff (but maybe I'm biased), Dark Messenger is okay too, but everything else isn't really my poo poo. And then you go and add vocals to Dali and I'm like nope.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but those are generally my feeling about OCRemix albums. Neat, sure. Interesting, okay. Something I think is subjectively an improvement that I enjoy more than the original... generally only a small fraction.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey, I'll always rep Bound Together 'cause that was a great album, but this... not so much. Kind of a shame.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Whole album's worth it for Vamo alla Django/Craic in the Castle Walls/Arxidopita (edit: and Zaghnol Comes, holy poo poo it's good), imo.

Then again, I felt Balance and Ruin was worth it for The Impressario/Evisceration/Go-Go Gadget Gonkulator, so hey. :v:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 9, 2015

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the Village of Dali one wasn't the worst thing ever in the world until she pronounced it "chaw co bo". then I couldn't abide by the rest of it regardless.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

haha

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Im_Special posted:

OverClocked ReMix released just now their new Final Fantasy IX Album, Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart, I remember the FFIV and VI one to be pretty good, this one has also been in the works for over 5 years, fitting for a Square tribute.

That face tho.

Pretty disappointed this wasn't a Journey collaboration.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Seems to be a common complaint with OCremix, it's one of those love it or hate it kinda things. I typically enjoy most stuff from the site but I know people who absolutely refuse to go there at all.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm excited about the prospect of an FFIX album though, it is unabashedly my favorite of the series.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Seems to be a common complaint with OCremix, it's one of those love it or hate it kinda things. I typically enjoy most stuff from the site but I know people who absolutely refuse to go there at all.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm excited about the prospect of an FFIX album though, it is unabashedly my favorite of the series.

People hyping the Vamo Alla Flamenco track weren't wrong at all. it's probably the best in the album by far.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Vil posted:

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but those are generally my feeling about OCRemix albums. Neat, sure. Interesting, okay. Something I think is subjectively an improvement that I enjoy more than the original... generally only a small fraction.

I really like the Street Fighter II album, mostly because it's how I was introduced to the series' music in the SFII HD Remix. They sound a lot better to me than the original chiptunes, particularly T. Hawk, Zangief, and Fei Long's stages.

The best OC Remix tracks tend to be the ones that feel like they'd fit right in with the original game, rather than just being some generic techno music with only some hints of the original melody.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Every OCR album (that gets recommended) is a compilation of artists with wildly different styles. Some prefer live guitar and metal, some are about deconstruction, some just want to be writing dubstep and got confused.

If the metal is your thing, look up the Dwelling of Duels archives, lots of great stuff in there.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
this is the only good ff9 fan vocal song

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You music people are roughly on par with gameplay people and character people, which makes sense because you're usually the same people for each category. There were some games on the Atari that had some lovely rear end music, but I liked them anyway, because everything else about the game was fun to me. Now granted, you're not talking about the songs of the game(s) like they make or break the whole thing, but everytime someone brings up the soundtrack of some poo poo you people freak the gently caress out gushing about how good it is like it's the single most important thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"you people" lol

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
people really like music in video games? gently caress 'em, I say

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I did like ocremix at some point, ages ago, when I was 18 and thought that adding a heavy bass to Rydia's theme was the coolest thing ever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Now I'm 19 and my tastes have matured.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Gologle posted:

You music people are roughly on par with gameplay people and character people, which makes sense because you're usually the same people for each category. There were some games on the Atari that had some lovely rear end music, but I liked them anyway, because everything else about the game was fun to me. Now granted, you're not talking about the songs of the game(s) like they make or break the whole thing, but everytime someone brings up the soundtrack of some poo poo you people freak the gently caress out gushing about how good it is like it's the single most important thing.

You know the deal, you gotta source your insane person quotes.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kanfy posted:

You know the deal, you gotta source your insane person quotes.

That's pure, undistilled Gololgle.

I never knew I was a music people. :allears:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Man I'm not really diggin' this Worlds Apart album so far. Vamo alla Django is fun and so is Calum Bowen's stuff (but maybe I'm biased), Dark Messenger is okay too, but everything else isn't really my poo poo. And then you go and add vocals to Dali and I'm like nope.

That's OCRemixes in general. Usually there's one decent track and the rest are poo poo.

They follow a pattern usually:
- Going with Rock music where the original song really doesn't suit it (Usually a slower paced song)
- Something gets Jazzed up or done in a Polka theme
- Chiptunes crammed in the song
- One song will just have all of the above one after another

E: The gently caress is with Bossa de Victory. Everything's good at the start and then "gently caress it there's not enough going on add horse sounds"
"Craic in the Castle Walls" is good though the name makes me cringe heavily.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 10, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gologle posted:

man i think music chat is dumb too but its not like theres anything more important going on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

man i think music chat is dumb too but its not like theres anything more important going on

Yes there is. Lightning Returns still isn't out on PC yet

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Everybody keeps mentioning how Lightning Returns is actually a good game from the FFXIII series but I gotta wait until it comes out for PC and that sucks.

So instead I get all grumpy about remixed songs in a remix album to pass the time :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If it doesn't show up at TGS in some form I'm going to officially give up hope that it actually exists

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Im_Special posted:

That face tho.

I haven't listened to any of these OCR things but a 58 song soundtrack by 57 people seems like a really bad idea

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Yes there is. Lightning Returns still isn't out on PC yet

it's gonna come out, soon, i know it

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
In Training, you're literally doing what people who hyped up Type-0 as the best Final Fantasy in years did. How does that make you feel? When the people who believe your exalted words spend their poverty money on a port (which, if it does exist, and took this much time to come out, should actually be pretty well optimized for PCs) only to find that the game is just as bad as the others, but in a different light(ning).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shut up gologle

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Im_Special posted:

That face tho.

This is the worst poo poo I have ever listened to ~5 seconds of less than a third of the tracks on ever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gologle posted:

In Training, you're literally doing what people who hyped up Type-0 as the best Final Fantasy in years did. How does that make you feel? When the people who believe your exalted words spend their poverty money on a port (which, if it does exist, and took this much time to come out, should actually be pretty well optimized for PCs) only to find that the game is just as bad as the others, but in a different light(ning).

But I've actually played Lighting Returns and it's really fun. And I liked FFXIII and XIII-2 as well.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
What the gently caress ever, that Vamo alla Django track is hot as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Ha that must have been in the other two thirds!