Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Regardless of what angle I'm looking at, Rally Car Racing gives me high blood pressure. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
The best close call in rally history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg
(happens at about 1:40)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I forgot just how good he really was. Several of them were. I didn't appreciate the subtle nuances as a kid, but holy poo poo, that is some top-notch acting. I am not being remotely sarcastic.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/7ySEkM8.gif&v=Br0Jn-d8_Co

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBZzH_k2eT4

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lol at the dude just texting while the car races through narrow, icey roads.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Could be GPS although I don't know why a rally navigator would be using GPS :shrug:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/7ySEkM8.gif&v=Jk2t2hIATCU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Carecat posted:

Could be GPS although I don't know why a rally navigator would be using GPS :shrug:

Automatically track split times?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Carecat posted:

He has his pace notes on the phone maybe?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Centripetal Horse posted:

I forgot just how good he really was. Several of them were. I didn't appreciate the subtle nuances as a kid, but holy poo poo, that is some top-notch acting. I am not being remotely sarcastic.

I'm loving laughing at the creamers he keeps moving to his right hand.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I love the creamer container falling off his head and he just rolls into "On balance, off balance, doesn't matter"

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Lets Pickle posted:

The way his words are punctuated by the "thunk" of creamers hitting the carpet is hilarious.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I love the creamer container falling off his head and he just rolls into "On balance, off balance, doesn't matter"

It's almost musical.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

jamal posted:

The best close call in rally history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwvIRuCLbyg
(happens at about 1:40)

Ehhhhh... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orVBkI0m9ZY

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Lets Pickle posted:

TheBigAristotle posted:

The way his words are punctuated by the "thunk" of creamers hitting the carpet is hilarious.

These all unironically make me happy, Randy Savage was amazing back in his day and it's fun to see that popularity go beyond just wrestling. His Arsenio Hall appearances were fantastic too, he was just all over the place with promos but had a great quick mind and awesome psychology. Mean Gene keeping a straight face through all of it is just the icing on the cake and makes it SO much better.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Sep 11, 2015

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Ozz81 posted:

Mean Gene keeping a straight face through all of it is just the icing on the cake and makes it SO much better.

Mean Gene Okerlund is arguably the greatest straight man in sports entertainment history. He is also a legitimately talented broadcaster, with an amazing voice.

It's pretty funny that Mean Gene was in the same age bracket as a lot of the guys he was interviewing. Dudes like the Iron Sheik were even older than Gene, but Okerlund always seemed like the staid old broadcaster who was sort of in over his head dealing with those crazy muscle monsters.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Suicide prevention.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm the cream Macho Man takes back from Mean Gene

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

One of my favorite things about Gene Okerlund is that his wife he's been married to for 51 years now is Jeanne Okerlund

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

tacodaemon posted:

One of my favorite things about Gene Okerlund is that his wife he's been married to for 51 years now is Jeanne Okerlund

They share a name, and a kidney.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

nm i am retarded

Chard has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Sep 12, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Music video - Biting Elbows - The Stampede & Bad MotherFucker.
Watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb1hOCX_UVo

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

nerdz posted:

This old man, Touro Moreno, is a retired brazilian boxer that became a coach for his sons. Despite being very poor and with almost no sponsorship (as you can see on the photo taken at his house), both of his sons qualified for the 2012 olympics and got bronze and silver medals. Now both are professional boxers with 10-0 and 7-0 records.

A few pages back but... when I was a teenager (10 or so years ago) I went to his house to grab an old boxing ring to help my master organizing a kickboxing local tournament. His house was in a really lovely part of town, when we got there we saw dozens of kids playing on the street and apparently most of them were his children (more than 14, don't remember exactly how many) and he lived with 2 wives (I still have no idea how since I thinks that's legally forbidden around here and nowadays I saw no mention to this stuff in the news). I remember him talking to me and a friend about his life and how he spent most of his money on booze and women and telling us to be responsible and stuff like that. One of his first jobs was as a bouncer at some prostitution house, old man lived a crazy life.

He got into some shady stuff lately, burned his house while drunk after fighting with his wife and I think he's somewhat of a junkie. His sons are cool though, I saw the Yamaguchi one fighting at the time with another teenager and he was already pretty good.

Miss Mowcher has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Sep 15, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Russian powerlifter climbs Europe's highest peak with 165lb barbell on his back.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/russian-powerlifter-climbs-mount-elbrus-with-75-kilogram-barbell-on-his-back.html

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'd love to try and explain human hobbies to aliens.

-Why did he climb that big rock and risk his life? To gain a mate? To recover some precious material? To assist a fellow or conquer a foe?

Nah, he just wanted to see if he could.

-Was the large weight in his back some form of penance?

Nah, he just wanted to see if he could.

-What did he gain from this perilous endeavour?

Uh, we'll he gets to say he did it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bullshit Aliens would understand the concepts of pride and accomplishment and would find the man and high five him.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bullshit Aliens would understand the concepts of pride and accomplishment and would find the man and high five him.

:colbert:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A blue sky on Mars?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Solice Kirsk posted:

A blue sky on Mars?

It's more likely than you think!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
8,000px × 8,000px picture of pluto :eyepop:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So if you follow any science news, you've seen the recent flyby pictures of pluto. There's even a cool time lapse gif of a simulated flyby.

What you may not know is that New Horizon just sent lowres preliminary photos over that last 3 months. Everything you've seen up to this point on NASAs site and headlines was the crappy pictures and NOW it is starting to send the super high resolution good poo poo. Sending these 8 gigs of data will take a full year to complete.

So everyone's favorite trans-Neptunian object will be getting new insane pictures and sciency headlines when stuff is learned for a long time coming.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not a photoshop.
NASA's Deep Space Climate Observatory captures a rare image of the far side of the moon fully illuminated, as it crosses the earth. Source: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth

Gif.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sure glad we lucked out and got the more interesting side to look at.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Say Nothing posted:

Not a photoshop.
NASA's Deep Space Climate Observatory captures a rare image of the far side of the moon fully illuminated, as it crosses the earth. Source: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth

Gif.

Why does the moon say "FoiL" on the back?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

Why does the moon say "FoiL" on the back?

You'd think NASA would have hired a different prop guy between the moon landing and now.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Say Nothing posted:

Not a photoshop.

Gif.

The MST3K logo went through many iterations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Say Nothing posted:

Not a photoshop.

Gif.

That's no moon…it's a space station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bombadilillo posted:

What you may not know is that New Horizon just sent lowres preliminary photos over that last 3 months. Everything you've seen up to this point on NASAs site and headlines was the crappy pictures and NOW it is starting to send the super high resolution good poo poo. Sending these 8 gigs of data will take a full year to complete.
Wonder if I could make a good sized print out of them to hang on my wall?