Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

Emmy
by Steve V, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Cross posting some street portraiture

Street Portrait by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Street Portrait-2 by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Emmy
by Steve V, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Untitled by Simon Chetrit, on Flickr

Thoughts? Oh god don't tell me she's red

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

she's red

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Unless she's been drinking heavily just before getting in, she's red.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
So very red

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

looks like ektar. don't shoot people on ektar

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
It's a v good photo, though!

more of these senior photo things

NKPH4022 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

NKPH3740 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

P8290190 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

NKPH3040 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

NKPH2934 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kacy/Otis by Glenn Nielson, on Flickr

Was working with such little light that I had to shoot wide open. Wish that I could've had Otis in focus as well.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

it cool (photo)

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Emmy & Kelsey
by Steve V, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

365 Nog Hogger posted:

it cool (photo)

it cool and red (photo)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
img225 by Benjamin Gibb, on Flickr

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Emmy
by Steve V, on Flickr

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Shayna
by Steve V, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Very nice. Whenever a see shots like this, I'm overwhelmed with questions. Like, why is there no exif? The catchlights in her eyes are really interesting, what kind of light or reflectors did you use? Whose car is that? How much retouching was done on her skin? Was this paid for by people selling the jewelry or the hat? Modelmayhem?

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

thetzar posted:

Very nice. Whenever a see shots like this, I'm overwhelmed with questions. Like, why is there no exif? The catchlights in her eyes are really interesting, what kind of light or reflectors did you use? Whose car is that? How much retouching was done on her skin? Was this paid for by people selling the jewelry or the hat? Modelmayhem?

No particular reason for no exif. Well, there is I guess, but only because I set up my LR export presets a long time ago to strip the exif. Shot on the Sony A7R II and Canon 24-70. Actually there were no reflectors used. The catch lights are just the reflections from the ground, which would have been way higher than the exposure in the car. Thus the strong catch lights. The car was an abandoned car at a ghost town here in Nelson, NV. There was some retouching done on her skin, but not all that much. The model has really good skin to start, plus the light was very soft. The shoot was basically a test shoot. She's a working model here in Las Vegas and we both like this style of shooting so we decided to work together for our books.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

TheAngryDrunk posted:

No particular reason for no exif. Well, there is I guess, but only because I set up my LR export presets a long time ago to strip the exif. Shot on the Sony A7R II and Canon 24-70. Actually there were no reflectors used. The catch lights are just the reflections from the ground, which would have been way higher than the exposure in the car. Thus the strong catch lights. The car was an abandoned car at a ghost town here in Nelson, NV. There was some retouching done on her skin, but not all that much. The model has really good skin to start, plus the light was very soft. The shoot was basically a test shoot. She's a working model here in Las Vegas and we both like this style of shooting so we decided to work together for our books.

Thanks so much for the extended and comprehensive answer! You do great work.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

thetzar posted:

Thanks so much for the extended and comprehensive answer! You do great work.

Sure thing. Ask away. This isn't my main source of income (or even a significant part of it!), so I'm not too worried about giving away secrets. And thank you!

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Shanya and Zoe
by Steve V, on Flickr

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

Kelsey by Steve V, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kevin by Glenn Nielson, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Why is the white balance so warm? When's the last time you calibrated your monitor?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
he's evoking mood

(i personally like the warm tones)

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 9, 2015

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

His name is MrBlandAverage, so maybe that's how he likes his colors.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

Why is the white balance so warm? When's the last time you calibrated your monitor?

Do you really believe that they look like that because of a miscalibrated monitor? Or doj you just not like them and are trying to be humorous.

It's fine if you don't like them, but if you were asking a sincere question I'll give an answer.

BANME.sh posted:

he's evoking mood

(i personally like the warm tones)

Or rather, this guy will.

And thanks!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
*Mood: Liver failure *

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

8th-snype posted:

*Mood: Liver failure *

See, at least that was funny.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

On a new setup, nonetheless:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Do you really believe that they look like that because of a miscalibrated monitor? Or doj you just not like them and are trying to be humorous.

It's fine if you don't like them, but if you were asking a sincere question I'll give an answer.

I dunno, there seem to be a lot of people with chronic color issues in this forum lately.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

The Wall by alkanphel, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

MrBlandAverage posted:

I dunno, there seem to be a lot of people with chronic color issues in this forum lately.

Cop threads are in GiP these days bro

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

I love this one if for no other reason it shows that the subject can take up a minuscule amount of the overall picture space, and still be the obvious and blatant focal point. Makes me want to try something similar, but see how complicated the neutral space can get before it stops working.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Here, see how much more natural it looks with a normal white balance and blacks that are actually black?

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

Here, see how much more natural it looks with a normal white balance and blacks that are actually black?

Hideous.

Medieval Medic posted:

Cross posting some street portraiture

Street Portrait by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Street Portrait-2 by Mitzalo Reyes, on Flickr

Why is everything so desaturated? Totally unnatural.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
That's just, like, your opinion, man. EDIT: or there's something really wrong with your monitor.

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Why is everything so desaturated? Totally unnatural.

Good color or no color :)

MrBlandAverage fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 13, 2015

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

MrBlandAverage posted:

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

He's right, dude. You converted the overly warm, saturated sun beam lens flares into pale yellow beams of horse piss.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Dren posted:

He's right, dude. You converted the overly warm, saturated sun beam lens flares into pale yellow beams of horse piss.

Time to recalibrate your monitor man because MBA'd edit is loads better color wise, pity he couldn't do anything about the rest of the image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

MrBlandAverage posted:

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

It is my opinion, which is kind of what I was hinting at earlier. But here's why I don't like it. It was shot a sunset and you converted it to look like it was shot at noon.

8th-snype posted:

Time to recalibrate your monitor man because MBA'd edit is loads better color wise, pity he couldn't do anything about the rest of the image.

It's only "better" color wise if your goal is to mimic a light source with a color temperature of 5500K. And given that it was shot at sunset and the color temp was nowhere near 5500K, I don't see why you would want to do that.

TheAngryDrunk fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 13, 2015