Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
That means she's crazy and not OK. you should probably get her committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

busb posted:

That means she's crazy and not OK. you should probably get her committed.

http://youtu.be/r8ngDnWwFBI

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just tell her Australians are concerned for her state of mind and need to know if she's OK. That'll make her totally at ease.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Super Hans is the best

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
If I die in the next couple months it's because my body rebelled on me for my attempt to be a morning person. This blows and I'm so tired.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Look Under The Rock posted:

If I die in the next couple months it's because my body rebelled on me for my attempt to be a morning person. This blows and I'm so tired.

You get used to it. Went from working 10pm-7am to working 8am-5pm and I hated my life for a month or so, but now I wake up at 6 even on my days off.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hal claiming Sir Mix A Lot in butt mafia was definitely the world's best fakeclaim

this was fuckin' amazing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Captain Foo posted:

this was fuckin' amazing

Was this a mod provided flavor or did he just do it? That is awesome. Link?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
It was not mod provided

clicky

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's pretty great.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mafia thread, I am looking to replace into a game d2 or d3. I wanna play a bit but I do NOT want to deal with day 1 shenanigans.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Mafia thread, I am looking to replace into a game d2 or d3. I wanna play a bit but I do NOT want to deal with day 1 shenanigans.

Day 1 Shenanigans are the best.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal remember that time I counterclaimed you as cop and got you hung before me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
One time Ecco claimed confirmed masons with me in a game where Dhaes had a cop result saying I was scum from n1. Scum won a perfect victory that game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Hal remember that time I counterclaimed you as cop and got you hung before me?

Yes :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

You get used to it. Went from working 10pm-7am to working 8am-5pm and I hated my life for a month or so, but now I wake up at 6 even on my days off.

In contrast I worked from 7:30-3:30 for 3 years and never got used to it. I was tired every day of those 3 years.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

One time Ecco claimed confirmed masons with me in a game where Dhaes had a cop result saying I was scum from n1. Scum won a perfect victory that game.

Was that the recent one or was the another earlier one that also somehow worked?

I've had a number of fakeclaims I think we're pretty good but sir mix a lot was definitely the best.

I'm also super proud of my work in Brazen Apothecary's drink/potion game where I got a bunch of people to drink my potion that (unbeknownst to them) let me send them an anonymous message in the night.

I told everyone they had drank truth serum and if they didn't find out who had the antidote the next day their alignment would be revealed in the thread. Next day I waited to see who would be desperate to find the fictional antidote. Pecota rolled in claiming he was poisoned and needed the antidote and we nailed him. Probably the only time I figured out a good use for anonymous messenger.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That time Rarity was about to get lynched, claimed cop and then when the real cop counterclaimed she used her scum dayvig to shoot him was pretty amazing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

That time Rarity was about to get lynched, claimed cop and then when the real cop counterclaimed she used her scum dayvig to shoot him was pretty amazing.

Yeah that was awesome

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably the only time I figured out a good use for anonymous messenger.

Oh man, not to toot my own horn, but I made pretty awesome use of anonymous messenger in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, if I do say so myself.

I was a survivor that had to win alone, which was a rough role since I was basically an SK without a NK. I knew I was about to get lynched the next day and it was LYLO, so I sent an anonymous message to two people hoping one was on the scum team saying that I was a regular survivor and would win with scum, just vote with me and we'll all win together. I did manage to find the scum team, and did vote as soon as the day opened, and when the scum finally showed up and tried to rush the vote, I unvoted and trap sprung! It went from a guaranteed scum victory at 7 to me winning alone a few days later.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

Oh man, not to toot my own horn, but I made pretty awesome use of anonymous messenger in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, if I do say so myself.

I was a survivor that had to win alone, which was a rough role since I was basically an SK without a NK. I knew I was about to get lynched the next day and it was LYLO, so I sent an anonymous message to two people hoping one was on the scum team saying that I was a regular survivor and would win with scum, just vote with me and we'll all win together. I did manage to find the scum team, and did vote as soon as the day opened, and when the scum finally showed up and tried to rush the vote, I unvoted and trap sprung! It went from a guaranteed scum victory at 7 to me winning alone a few days later.

This was pretty good.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I think this is not a good idea merk sorry!

We've had more mafia discussed in this thread in the last twelve hours than the last twelve weeks solely because of this idea. You can continue to tell us about your roommate's breakfast in the Mafia Discussion Thread or we can come up with ideas to try to get people talking about mafia and playing more mafia. This is one of those ideas.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
can there be a mafia award for best story about eccos roomate?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I find it very interesting that I've played a good amount of mafia now and I've still never made it to the lategame as town. I've either won early with the town or die midway through. Do you think there is a particular speculation on who scum will keep around? Lots of people say post-game that they 'let certain people live' but I only choose who to kill based on doctor Wifom really.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I find it very interesting that I've played a good amount of mafia now and I've still never made it to the lategame as town. I've either won early with the town or die midway through. Do you think there is a particular speculation on who scum will keep around? Lots of people say post-game that they 'let certain people live' but I only choose who to kill based on doctor Wifom really.

My kill order tends to go like this:

1.) Whoever is annoying me the most
2.) Whoever is lurking because I am a gentleman scum
3.) Power roles
4.) Correct reads
999) Alasdair

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I mean why would you kill Alasdair, that'd be ridiculous.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

My kill order tends to go like this:

1.) Whoever is annoying me the most
2.) Whoever is lurking because I am a gentleman scum
3.) Power roles
4.) Correct reads
999) Alasdair

I tend to kill lurkers, then threats, then Lumpen/Mills

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only time I really enjoyed being an anonymous messenger was convincing Auryn and Yuming that they were talking to each other

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will try to get lurkers killed whether I'm town or scum because they annoy me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Excellent!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I will try to get lurkers killed whether I'm town or scum because they annoy me.

*cough*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I usually go for power roles then lurkers then people who I think I can get on my side.

While Ecco has some bad ideas about what scum should and should not do, it's true that as a community we rarely look into NKs and their reasons, so you can get away with killing people who suspect you totally for free and stack the end game with people who are on your side.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

well you're just a given. I'm still mad I died the day I told Rarity I was gonna case you the next day in Ecco's game :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

well you're just a given. I'm still mad I died the day I told Rarity I was gonna case you the next day in Ecco's game :v:

Well I was coughing about something else.

But that was funny because we were going to kill Rarity first but then switched to you.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

We've had more mafia discussed in this thread in the last twelve hours than the last twelve weeks solely because of this idea. You can continue to tell us about your roommate's breakfast in the Mafia Discussion Thread or we can come up with ideas to try to get people talking about mafia and playing more mafia. This is one of those ideas.

Most Failures at Committing Suicide - Amoeba102 (Jon Joe's Super Ultra Mega CYOR)
Most Times Lunched D1 - Gamerofthegame (this is just a hunch, I have no evidence for this claim but it seems accurate enough)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
MMM how robust is the sql backend of votefinder? I'm sure with access to the data we can create some good categories like "Player Who Won't Shut Up" for largest post volume over a calendar year or be able to prove who actually gets lunched on D1 the most

Player who successfully survives til the end of the game the most, etc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

"Player Who Won't Shut Up"

I don't think this could be possibly anyone other than me, nobody else has my posting chops

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Votefinder feature request: post-game assignment of alignment to players, and post-game declaring team/individual victors

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My votefinderrequest: randomly post pictures of butts in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Well I was coughing about something else.

But that was funny because we were going to kill Rarity first but then switched to you.

I have a computer again I can do more than phone post in every game :(