Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Turbo Jesus posted:

Seems a lot of people are hot to trot on DeAngelo Williams this week. Should I drop Crowell and plug him in as my FLEX in a standard league? I am having week one jitters.

Christ no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Zochness posted:

I've got Kendall Wright on my bench and Brandon Coleman is a free agent so I'm tempted to pick him up because the TEN offense could be a dumpster fire. Would you make that swap in 1PPR? I could also drop Gurley for him.

I'm a Coleman homer after his sophomore season at Rutgers, so take this with a grain of salt, but I thought he'd be a first round pick if Rutgers didn't blow donkey aids last year. He's ultra raw but one of the most athletically talented guys out there and could definitely be used a lot by the Saints. Wright, on the other hand, perfectly fits with a QB like Mariota. He's a streaker WR that needs a QB that can roll and throw him the ball as coverages break down, which he didn't really have with Locker and Mettenberger.

I'd pick up both if I had the chance.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
The thought of playing Crowell against the jets d make me ill.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Doltos posted:

I'm a Coleman homer after his sophomore season at Rutgers, so take this with a grain of salt, but I thought he'd be a first round pick if Rutgers didn't blow donkey aids last year. He's ultra raw but one of the most athletically talented guys out there and could definitely be used a lot by the Saints. Wright, on the other hand, perfectly fits with a QB like Mariota. He's a streaker WR that needs a QB that can roll and throw him the ball as coverages break down, which he didn't really have with Locker and Mettenberger.

I'd pick up both if I had the chance.

I agree with you that Coleman could be good this year but you seem to be using "athletically talented" in weird ways again. At the combine he was dead last among WRs in both the short shuttle and the 3-cone, and his 40 wasn't anything to write home about. Pretty much the only physical tool that stands out to me is his height and wingspan. He was also an UDFA so professional talent evaluators didn't see anything particularly special either.

Still think he's in a great position though. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a better season that Colston.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

I agree with you that Coleman could be good this year but you seem to be using "athletically talented" in weird ways again. At the combine he was dead last among WRs in both the short shuttle and the 3-cone, and his 40 wasn't anything to write home about. Pretty much the only physical tool that stands out to me is his height and wingspan. He was also an UDFA so professional talent evaluators didn't see anything particularly special either.

Still think he's in a great position though. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a better season that Colston.

He's 6'6 230 pounds of course his short shuttle and 3 cone aren't going to be that great.

By athletically talented I mean he averaged 20 ypc in college and routinely outjumped CBs on deep vertical routes. You can't really teach that. The reasons he went undrafted was because of his junior season production and the fact that he doesn't create separation. There's a ton of big guys out there but Coleman obviously had enough talent to not only stick on an offense like the Saints, but compete for starting time his rookie year.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Turbo Jesus posted:

Seems a lot of people are hot to trot on DeAngelo Williams this week. Should I drop Crowell and plug him in as my FLEX in a standard league? I am having week one jitters.

Last year (or maybe it was 2 years ago?) DAW went up against a horrid Bucs D while Jonathan Stewart was injured and was expected to have a huge game.

He ended up with -1 yard.

DeAngelo is bad. Don't play him.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Last year (or maybe it was 2 years ago?) DAW went up against a horrid Bucs D while Jonathan Stewart was injured and was expected to have a huge game.

He ended up with -1 yard.

DeAngelo is bad. Don't play him.

Counter point: DeAngelo was a monster in 2008. Start in all time machine leagues.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
How much do you guys let rainy conditions affect your QB choices? I was locked in with Big Ben tonight, but with the rain i'm rethinking it for Tannehill. Does rain really affect fantasy that much?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Crunkjuice posted:

How much do you guys let rainy conditions affect your QB choices? I was locked in with Big Ben tonight, but with the rain i'm rethinking it for Tannehill. Does rain really affect fantasy that much?

Call me crazy but I'd believe a grown-rear end man and Super Bowl champion who plays in Pittsburgh will handle a little wet weather just fine

Don't Sit Your Studs

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

Since neither team has a legit starting RB right now, i'd still expect them to pass a lot.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Not looking good for Mike Evans playing this Sunday. He hasn't practiced yet.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Crunkjuice posted:

Depends on the degree.

In general I only care about temperature and wind. Rain and snow I ignore unless it's predicted to be pretty heavy.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

SeannieDarko posted:

Not looking good for Mike Evans playing this Sunday. He hasn't practiced yet.

I have VJax and Martin (for some loving reason) - right to assume that both of them benefit a lot from Evans not playing? In any other matchup it might push the team off the cliff but it's Tennessee at home.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

TommyGun85 posted:

The Johnsons

Which of them are worth keeping and which are likely to be useless, purposely omitting all other information regarding scoring and current team:

Stevie
Charles
Duke (if you have Crowell)
David (if you have Ellington)

Obviously this is just from stuff I've been reading since we're 0 games into the season, but I'd say:

Stevie: getting buzz for having a decent connection with Rivers, has a chance to have a decent season and be Flex-worthy or a solid bye-week guy.
Charles: pegged as a breakout candidate this year as the X receiver in Norv Turner's offense. Definitely rosterable, at least until he pulls a Cordarrelle Patterson and disappears from the offense (he probably won't).
Duke: another buzz guy and is worth rostering. Has a chance to unseat or at least get into a real timeshare with Crowell, but will unfortunately still be on the Browns even if he does.
David: haven't read much about him but seems like a super longshot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

High-five! I have the same decision to make in one league.

In another I have the choice of Tom or Ben (or Cam or Derek).

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

High-five! I have the same decision to make in one league.

In another I have the choice of Tom or Ben (or Cam or Derek).

Start Derek

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Fat Lowtax posted:

I have VJax and Martin (for some loving reason) - right to assume that both of them benefit a lot from Evans not playing? In any other matchup it might push the team off the cliff but it's Tennessee at home.

It helps VJAX a little bit but I think TEN can just double up on him and he can lazily disappear into disappointment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Duh that one's a no brainer.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Who are the best streaming defenses and is kamar aiken worth looking at?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm starting Carolina against Jacksonville this weekend. Jets vs. Browns looks sexy, too.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
So somehow, some way, Latavius Murray went undrafted in my work league and I picked him up because he's a way better choice than Knile Davis of all people.

What trap did I fall into here, other than drafting a Raider?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Taking KC's DST against HOU this week would probably be good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mingus Dew posted:

So somehow, some way, Latavius Murray went undrafted in my work league and I picked him up because he's a way better choice than Knile Davis of all people.

How many teams? I don't see how that's possible.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

RCarr posted:

How many teams? I don't see how that's possible.

12. The only thing I can think of is that it was a full auto-draft for all teams and everyone else avoided Oakland like the plague.

(I didn't. I've got Amari Cooper.)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

He is definitely someone to keep an eye on. Perriman is getting all the love, but Aiken was the star receiver of Raven's camp. I have him stashed in one dynasty league.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mingus Dew posted:

I think your league just fell asleep or something. I'm not super sold on Murray (mostly because of the Raiders thing) but the dude is going into the season ranked as like a top 15-20 RB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Taking KC's DST against HOU this week would probably be good.

This is a true and good statement. Sit Alfred Blue also, the Chiefs D was #7 last year without Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson and a bunch of other losses. They bring everyone back and have looked positively mean all preseason.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

VDay posted:

I think your league just fell asleep or something. I'm not super sold on Murray (mostly because of the Raiders thing) but the dude is going into the season ranked as like a top 15-20 RB.

Good effort post on LMurray

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Benne posted:

Don't Sit Your Studs
unless it's Thursday

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Golden Tate got dropped to waivers in my league (10 team, no PPR, IDPs, 4 player bench, one IR slot).

I have Dez Bryant and Calvin Johnson as my WR1/2, with Mike Wallace being the sole backup WR on my bench. Is it worth dropping him and picking up Tate? My other bench slots are filled by Latavius Murray, Isaiah Crowell and Melvin Gordon.

I feel like the answer is "mash" but wanted TAQ to weigh in!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Drop Mike for him. Only problem I see is the shared bye with Megatron.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Tate is a big upgrade on Wallace, go go go

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Varg posted:

unless it's Thursday

unless it's Week 1

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Varg posted:

unless it's Thursday

Don't start them in your flex, either.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm probably the only person on here who thinks Wallace is going to be a lot closer to Pittsburgh Wallace this year, rather than Miami Wallace, but even I can't deny that Tate is a mash. The only other guy I think it's relatively worthy of a cut would be Crowell, but I have to imagine that you'd rather have a RB than a a WR in 0PPR (altough both Tate and Wallace will probably be players in YAC/YPC and that and TDs are what really matters for a WR in that format)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 10, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm a pretty big Tate fan so grain of salt of here, but I really believe he will finish with numbers that are at least as good as Calvin's this year.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. He'll clear waivers on Friday so I may not be fast enough to grab him.

My RBs are: Eddie Lacy, Carlos Hyde, Chris Ivory, Latavius Murray, Isaiah Crowell and Melvin Gordon. I feel like as the season wears on that starting RBs on teams with at least a semi-competent approach to a ground game will become more and more attractive and could be swung for an upgrade at a position or to shore up a hole caused by an injury. I'm super thin at WR (only Wallace backs up Dez/Megatron) which is my only concern.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm a pretty big Tate fan so grain of salt of here, but I really believe he will finish with numbers that are at least as good as Calvin's this year.

What is your reasoning behind this?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

What is your reasoning behind this?

Because he's injury prone. :thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU