Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

And when Stafford completes 350+ passes, that "much higher clip" is going to equate to ~110 catches for Johnson and 85~ catches for Tate and they're going to both be top-15 WRs like they both were last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Crunkjuice posted:

How much do you guys let rainy conditions affect your QB choices? I was locked in with Big Ben tonight, but with the rain i'm rethinking it for Tannehill. Does rain really affect fantasy that much?

No, but wind does. Keep on eye out for that.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Suave Fedora posted:

No, but wind does. Keep on eye out for that.

It didn't feel too bad today, but lightning storm could be on the way which tends to do funny things around here.

Hard to predict what will happen at the actual stadium though. I swear that big gap at the North end was designed to be a big-rear end wind tunnel just so Bill can pick the wind in OTs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

And when Stafford completes 350+ passes, that "much higher clip" is going to equate to ~110 catches for Johnson and 85~ catches for Tate and they're going to both be top-15 WRs like they both were last season.

85 catches for 1000-1100 yards and 2-4 TDs isn't a top 15 WR. In full PPR, the upper end of that would've been good for WR#20 last year, the lower end good for WR#28. In standard scoring, that would have put him somewhere between WR#25 and WR#35 last year. Tate isn't going to be (e: anywhere close to) a WR1 this year hth.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 10, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Golden Tate is a legit WR2 with more than just low-end WR1 upside. If he finishes below WR20, I will do...I don't know a thing TBD that will be embarrassing and stupid in the name of fake football

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Golden Tate is a legit WR2 with more than just low-end WR1 upside. If he finishes below WR20, I will do...I don't know a thing TBD that will be embarrassing and stupid in the name of fake football

Yessssss

:hf: this season needs more fun bets. Come on people there's only like 2 hours left!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sam Bradford will be QB4 behind Rodgers, Luck, and....TANNEHILL

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If Christine Michael has more fantasy points than Randle or McFadden this season I will donate $20 to Beer for his sheets and $20 to the charity of his choice.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Sam Bradford will be QB4 behind Rodgers, Luck, and....TANNEHILL

and just ahead of teddy bridgewater :getin:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I think i could potentially trade away Arian Foster for Julio Jones, and would like some 2nd opinions. My current roster is

Randall Cobb, Jarvis Landry, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Markus Wheaton, and Tyler Lockett
Lamar Miller, Le'veon Bell, Arian Foster, Alfred Blue

WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/WRT .5 ppr

Trading Foster away would have me losing a top 5 RB when healthy and leaving me incredibly thin at RB, but i would gain a potential overall #1 WR.
I'm thinking on a byeless week, i'd be starting a combo of

WR COBB
WR JONES
WR LANDRY
RB BELL
RB MILLER
FLEX ALLEN/ROBINSON

I'm just worried my RB bench would be non existent after.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

No, you do that poo poo right now, then find the guy who has no WRs and trade two of Allen/Robinson/Wheaton (e: preferably Allen/Wheaton) for his RB3.

Jones/Cobb/Landry in a 3WR PPR league with LVB and Miller at RB is deadly.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 10, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Golden Tate is a really good wide receiver, he is physical and has hella speed, and also really good hands. He is the perfect complementary receiver for Stafford, regardless of how bad (or good) Stafford is playing.

I like watching this one in particular:

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/631975579084943360/photo/1

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Golden Tate is a really good wide receiver, he is physical and has hella speed, and also really good hands. He is the perfect complementary receiver for Stafford, regardless of how bad (or good) Stafford is playing.

I like watching this one in particular:

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/631975579084943360/photo/1

gonna see like 5-8 of these this year

hope that helps :smugdog:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

No, you do that poo poo right now, then find the guy who has no WRs and trade two of Allen/Robinson/Wheaton (e: preferably Allen/Wheaton) for his RB3.

Jones/Cobb/Landry in a 3WR PPR league with LVB and Miller at RB is deadly.

Ok he's agreed in principle to a deal of Foster + Wheaton for Julio Jones + Fred Jackson

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

VietCampo posted:

Ok he's agreed in principle to a deal of Foster + Wheaton for Julio Jones + Fred Jackson

You are fleecing the poo poo out of him. MASH ACCEPT.

EDIT: if I'm in this league I'm vetoing in a hot second.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

How real is the Tyler Lockett hype train? Starting to have second thoughts about picking him up after looking at some of the guys (Kendall Wright, Brian Quick) available. I like the idea that Seattle doesn't necessarily have to be a fantasy WR graveyard forever, but I'm worried that if he takes off it will be very late into the season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Malloreon posted:

Why? Never veto unless it's collusion. :shrug:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Malloreon posted:

And thats why your league hates you. Don't be That Guy.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Trading must just never happen in those leagues where everything that isn't 100% even value is vetoed

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

VietCampo posted:

:stare:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Why? Never veto unless it's collusion. :shrug:

That trade is so lopsided I'd actually be worried about collusion.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Don't veto because you didn't fleece him first, you salt monster

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
His current starting RB's are Randle, Hyde, Crowell@FLEX, and a bench of Gurley, Knile Davis and Fred Jackson.

I saw his RB's and is why i even approached with the trade.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

obligatory why can't I play in your league post

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you vote to veto trades solely because they seem to be lopsided, you are failing to understand the point of fantasy football.

The point of fantasy football is to try to win matches by knowing the football mans better than the opponent. The winner of a trade should be congratulated for earning their victory, not squashed for taking advantage of an imbalance of expertise in the league.

If you feel like one owner is horribly outmatched by the others (or is horribly advantaged), agree to a handicap before the season begins. Don't just vote down trades you wish had been offered to you instead because you're loving jealous.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Some guys offering me Frank Gore for Amari Cooper in a 14 person 1 PPR 6pt TD league. My gut feeling is to take it since Frank Gore is a proven commodity in a great offense and I have Forte and Sankey as my RBs (with Tevin Coleman), and that Cooper probably won't do astronomically well enough in a young offense to match Gore's statline. On the other hand I feel like something terrible will happen if I hit accept. Also thinking about countering Amari + Sankey for Gore + Watkins

Doltos fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 11, 2015

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
The good thing about the 16 team league I'm in is that anyone mentioned here is already on a team. And so is their backup. I'm only like 3 key injuries away from a backup's backup becoming fantasy relevant and maybe being there on waivers but probably not.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
That dude must have a whole lotta faith that Foster is coming back soon. He should at least be able to get a dude who is starting for Julio. Good for you though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is timely

quote:

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Arian Foster (groin surgery) could return as early as Week 2 or 3.

It's the first time we've seen a timeline this aggressive, but the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday that Foster was "moving quickly and decisively" on the Texans' side field. It previously appeared a safe bet that Foster wouldn't return before October. His status will be updated some time in the next few days.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
so, not much time left to make this decision, but do I go with DeAngelo Williams as my flex, or put in a WR like A. Boldin or Steve Smith Sr.?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Boldin

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'd go with Steve Smith. The time to use him is early in the season and Flacco only has one reliable target at this point. I think Smith is good enough to beat Talib, Harris, or Roby.

e: also use the Sit/Start thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740627

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

It didn't feel too bad today, but lightning storm could be on the way which tends to do funny things around here.

Hard to predict what will happen at the actual stadium though. I swear that big gap at the North end was designed to be a big-rear end wind tunnel just so Bill can pick the wind in OTs.

The Orange Bowl used to have a gap like that too. Supposedly in Marlins park too, when the wall is opened a certain way, it'll give balls some lift.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Duro posted:

so, not much time left to make this decision, but do I go with DeAngelo Williams as my flex, or put in a WR like A. Boldin or Steve Smith Sr.?

Steve smith gonna ball

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
hey guys

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
GUYS

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hi

guess what

it's almost time

FOR SOME

FOOTBALL

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
1 hour until football (kickoff is never on time)

• Locked thread