Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It finally happened. Motherfuckers shorted me an entire shift on my paycheck :shepface:

Motherfuckers said they'd look into it and I would have my pay by Monday, which was yesterday. I still do not have my pay. I'm 'bout to start going over heads until either I get a hold of someone who will give me my goddamn money, or they fire me for chain of command horseshit, whichever happens first.
pay me my goddamn money:tizzy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesolateRampage
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Motherfuckers said they'd look into it and I would have my pay by Monday, which was yesterday. I still do not have my pay. I'm 'bout to start going over heads until either I get a hold of someone who will give me my goddamn money, or they fire me for chain of command horseshit, whichever happens first.
pay me my goddamn money:tizzy:

That isn't a first world problem. That's more like, "How am I going to pay the rent" type of problem.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My Halloween costume is coming together nicely but I really should work out more to make it believeable.
There are no skinny-fat wastelanders.

Moreover, I spent my Sunday driving around thrift shops for items. It's an old costume that needs updating. The fist Goodwill had 90% of what I needed. The rest of the stores that day had nothing :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My internet is down, and they can't get get a technician out to come look at it til Friday morning. I have unlimited data on my phone, and plenty of other entertainment options, so it's not that big a deal, but it still sucks. And reading on my phone for too long gives me a headache.

Also, my cool reusable glass water bottle broke, and its kind of something I don't leave the house without, so it needed to be replaced right away. I didn't feel like driving out to the burbs to go to Target or spending thirty bucks on an artisanal one closer to home, so I just went to the Rite Aid around the corner. Their selection sucked, but I bought a lovely plastic one anyway just to have something to take to work tomorrow. Got home, took the labels off, and then remembered I have two hour delivery with Prime, and I could have probably gotten a really nice one for the same price.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
After seeing beggars with dogs and cats, I just don't feel like beggars without them are trying hard enough to earn my spare change.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a stupid habit of pushing on my nose, and I've made the mistake of doing it without cutting my fingernails. This has led to a small scar-like mark where my thumbnail has cut into my nose that's just obvious enough to warrant everyone asking me about it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DesolateRampage posted:

That isn't a first world problem. That's more like, "How am I going to pay the rent" type of problem.

It's not that they didn't pay me at all- they did, for the hours I was actually scheduled to work. The extra hours that I covered for a coworker who was sick are the ones that I'm trying to get. :argh:
I'm stupid forgiving stupid enough that I can let this go if they don't gently caress it up again. I like that particular coworker, so it's less of an issue (she's also actively been trying to un-gently caress it instead of keeping the money from the shift she didn't do, which helps.) Now, if they gently caress it up with this next paycheck, I will be pestering every drat person every drat day, because if I work a 7am-3pm and 11pm-7am shift on the same drat day, I'm loving getting paid for it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My robe I like to wear when I lounge around my house is getting threadbare, and I sat down today and it tore a bit hole in the part of it by my butt :(

Now I'm gonna have to try and buy a couple of new thin robes.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Maintenance put coolant in my air-conditioning last week and it didn't cool down the air, so we've contacted them again on Monday. They still haven't come and the air runs always but it's still about 82 in here. I don't want to have to call them again tomorrow but know I'll need to :(.

On the other hand I got a job in my field but it doesn't start for two weeks and I want it to start next week :(.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

They're out of Blue Bell at my store :(

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

Parrotine posted:

They're out of Blue Bell at my store :(

We'll be one of the last states to get Blue bell again and God help everyone if it's not back in time for the Christmas cookie flavor.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Mr E posted:

Maintenance put coolant in my air-conditioning last week and it didn't cool down the air, so we've contacted them again on Monday. They still haven't come and the air runs always but it's still about 82 in here. I don't want to have to call them again tomorrow but know I'll need to :(.

On the other hand I got a job in my field but it doesn't start for two weeks and I want it to start next week :(.

I had this happen a few weeks ago, turned out something outside was clogged (in-take? I dunno exactly), however since it's running constantly you're going to have a massive electric bill, might be for the best to just turn it off like I didn't :(

I got Mad Max on Bluray yesterday, it had some stickers on the cardboard sleeve. I got the digital copy one off but when I slowly peeled off the Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh sticker about halfway to coming off it just ripped the sleeve so I had to toss it. I don't really even care about the loving sleeve since it doesn't look any different from the actual case but it's the principle of the thing dammit, stickers like that should come off easily :argh:

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Using a unisex toilet and the dude before you pissed all over the seat. You don't want to mop up his piss but you know when you leave the hot receptionist is gonna use it straight after and assume it was you.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
I just found out I have to work on Monday, even though it's a paid holiday. Double time for the first eight hours is nice, but I really wanted to just stay home and play with my daughter.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I dropped my phone and it somehow knocked some of the contacts loose, making the touch not work anymore. It was an easy fix when I got to my tools, but I spent most of the day worried I'd need to buy another screen replacement.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'm not used to Google's new logo or font yet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Brightman posted:

I had this happen a few weeks ago, turned out something outside was clogged (in-take? I dunno exactly), however since it's running constantly you're going to have a massive electric bill, might be for the best to just turn it off like I didn't :(

The outside unit wasn't on for some reason, but they're reimbursing us for the extra electricity bill since we just moved in mid August.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My work schedule changed with only a 36 hour notice and I only get one day off this week BUT it means more money for less work.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They turned off the Wi-Fi hotspot at work :arghfist::saddowns: now I have to actually use the unlimited data that comes with the family phone plan.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They turned off the Wi-Fi hotspot at work :arghfist::saddowns: now I have to actually use the unlimited data that comes with the family phone plan.

Our "free unlimited" wifi at work is so loving slow it can take four minutes to load the sign-in page. Dennys has loving better wifi.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I couldn't sleep in past noon because of an air show over my house.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I overslept today in an afternoon nap and now I'm wide awake at night

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I really want skittles but I'm too lazy to change out of my pajamas to go get some.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I want to do Steam achievements on Crusader Kings 2 but the every-6-month save in Ironman mode annoys the gently caress out of me after about 5 years of play :mad:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

Despite trying all the tips and tricks, I can't see magic eye images. My life is flat and boring.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't normally, but I can see the inverse ones when I cross my eyes a bit.

My FWP tonight is I have to do laundry, flip the king size mattress, and change the sheets and all I really wanna do is just go to bed.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I can graduate this semester but it's going to be an absolute ton of work.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

death sext posted:

Despite trying all the tips and tricks, I can't see magic eye images. My life is flat and boring.
You're not alone, I've never been able to. I thought maybe going back and trying one as an adult would be the trick but no, no it was not.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I gave my cell phone to my mom to try for a few days and basically I'm gonna have to use my Kindle when I go poopy now instead of browsing the forums or something.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I can't get past that dumb level in Donkey Kong Country 2. Not the Bramble Scramble one, the level after that prickly hellscape.

Couldn't beat it as a kid in the 90's, still can't beat it in my adult years.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ahahaha, HAHAHAHAHA! :derp::tizzy::rant::tizzy::derp:THE MOTHERFUCKERS DIDN'T PAY ME MY EXTRA HOURS THIS TIME, EITHER! Now I'm up to 15+ hours of time that they loving owe me! I am not covering one more loving shift for anyone until this gets resolved; if they aren't going to pay me for any extra time, then I'm not fuckin' giving it.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:23 on Sep 9, 2015

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My boyfriend somehow managed to accidentally buy an Amazon Echo via rear end-dialing. We're returning it, of course, because it's by no means necessary. But it looks really cool and a part of me wants to mess around with it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crow Jane posted:

My boyfriend somehow managed to accidentally buy an Amazon Echo via rear end-dialing. We're returning it, of course, because it's by no means necessary. But it looks really cool and a part of me wants to mess around with it.

I keep wanting to buy one despite having zero need.

My work changed my schedule so that I'd make more money, have slightly worse hours and have the release of a very important video game off.
They told me last minutes so I'm taking two consecutive 3-day weekends.

Art Academy for the 3DS is so much loving fun I could puke. My work wifi isn't strong enough to download the extra lessons :(

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My insurance is determined to be a dick about my prescriptions despite the intervention of two doctors and a pharmacist. With Big Pharma seeing the 2016 elections as their last best chance to kill the ACA, I imagine my insurance company will try to slip me the dick as often as possible during the next fourteen months.

I'm also out of cute vegetable Forever Stamps. :sigh:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
My phone keeps thinking I'm using the voice activation thingie when I'm talking to people.

Last time this happened it not only woke up, it googled "hold your bladder" and the first result was a fetish site.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I ordered a nexus 7 (2013) from an amazon marketplace seller and had to wait days longer than I should have for it

When it got here it was the much slower/less pretty/less useful 2012 edition with 16gb instead of the 2013 32gb version I bought. It also had a super sketchy custom rom on it and it came in just a bubble mailer, without the charger or usb cable it was supposed to have.

So now I'm staring at this useless thing I can't do anything with because I don't trust the rom while waiting for a refund (that will take days) so that I can send it back (properly packaged, not in a goddamn bubble mailer) and buy another one from amazon, so that I can wait another few days to have the tablet I bought.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope
I moved into this apartment on September 3rd and I still don't have internet access. Comcast technicians have been here three times and still haven't been able to get me connected. I can't live without internet for much longer.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ahahaha, HAHAHAHAHA! :derp::tizzy::rant::tizzy::derp:THE MOTHERFUCKERS DIDN'T PAY ME MY EXTRA HOURS THIS TIME, EITHER! Now I'm up to 15+ hours of time that they loving owe me! I am not covering one more loving shift for anyone until this gets resolved; if they aren't going to pay me for any extra time, then I'm not fuckin' giving it.

:lol:

This is an amazingly easy problem to solve if you would get off Something Awful for a minute and just explain the situation to your boss.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have a first date in like an hour, but I don't feel like putting on shoes. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
My whole neighborhood is being very supportive of me after a terrifying ordeal last week. Yay! They are doing this by honking their horns at me or slowing down their cars to talk to me as I walk my dog, which is giving me anxiety attacks/flashbacks. Very not yay.