Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm watching Matthew Berry babble all over himself right now. We are back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

keldegar posted:

1 hour until football (kickoff is never on time)

And here's a gameday thread, just in time! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741172

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Duro posted:

so, not much time left to make this decision, but do I go with DeAngelo Williams as my flex, or put in a WR like A. Boldin or Steve Smith Sr.?

Smith > Boldin > Williams

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

This is timely

Man, all this optimism about Foster makes me think he's going to come back too early and rip his groin right off.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Silly Burrito posted:

Man, all this optimism about Foster makes me think he's going to come back too early and rip his groin right off.

Yep

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
so mad I have to be at work when I am starting touchdown tom

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

am I better off dumping Owen Daniels and picking up Richard Rogers in an nfl standard scoring league?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Silly Burrito posted:

Preeeetty much.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Christopher Harris live Q&A livestream for those who enjoy him: https://youtube.com/c/HarrisFootball/live

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I'm considering dropping David Cobb in favor of Todd Gurley.

12 player standard scoring.

I see many people holding on to Cobb despite him being out of action for a projected 6-8 weeks. What am I missing here?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tortilla Maker posted:

I see many people holding on to Cobb despite him being out of action for a projected 6-8 weeks. What am I missing here?

Nothing. Cobb wasn't rosterable before being put on the ir/d.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Tortilla Maker posted:

Pick up Gurley, what the hell is he even doing on FA??

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

nrr posted:

am I better off dumping Owen Daniels and picking up Richard Rogers in an nfl standard scoring league?

anyone got a thought on this? I thought Saniels was going to be decent, but im seeing people thinking he's going to be pretty useless. doesn't really make sense to me, but I haven't been paying much attention to him. same with Rogers, I have no idea if he's any good either, but with Jordy out, is he likely to get more production that Daniels?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Tortilla Maker posted:

Not projected, he's on short-term IR and can't come back until Week 10. Cobb is worthless this season.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
deangelo williams mvp 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Wonder if The Hoodie is missing Wilfork yet.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

nrr posted:

I would do this. I like the younger athlete playing for the better QB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

nrr posted:

anyone got a thought on this? I thought Saniels was going to be decent, but im seeing people thinking he's going to be pretty useless. doesn't really make sense to me, but I haven't been paying much attention to him. same with Rogers, I have no idea if he's any good either, but with Jordy out, is he likely to get more production that Daniels?

I don't think holding Broncos TEs will be worth it this year. Virgil and Daniels will split targets all year and Owen has a higher risk of injury than RR due to age. RR at least has the benefit of being in a Rodgers offense and is seemingly the sole TE option (although I can't speak to his talent level). I'm not so sure Peyton is going to be feeding points to 3-4 receivers this year like in the last couple years. The Broncos are making a serious effort to keep his arm fresh for playoffs this time around.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Rodgers got the "Rodgers Bump" last year, but since Finley's been gone (and even then it was really just 2011 where he caught 8 TDs), Rodgers' TEs have been largely irrelevant, too. I just don't think he's going to be a huge part of that offense as the 5th read at best, and I doubt he has any more upside than Daniels. If Daniels does get hurt, I'd rather have Green than Rodgers, tbh. At that point you're just praying for TDs, and Peyton tends to find his TE(s) for like 7-9 a season.

e: I'm higher on Daniels than most of the flier TEs at the bottom of the barrel, because even with his and Peyton's age, the Peyton effect for TEs is at least as good, if not better, than Rodgers'. However, if you're not high on Daniels, and I can understand why, I think guys like Walker, Miller, or even loving Chandler, Rivera (or Lewis/Harbor until Thomas is back) have probably more upside than Rodgers. Rodgers is basically Larry Donnell but the 5th read instead of the 4th. He's a guy you're going to leave in your lineup for too long because he's "in a good offense" and it's going to cost you points.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 11, 2015

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Does anybody know when the scoring package is locked down on myfantasyleague.com? Can you change the scoring package after the first game of the season?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Last year (or maybe it was 2 years ago?) DAW went up against a horrid Bucs D while Jonathan Stewart was injured and was expected to have a huge game.

He ended up with -1 yard.

DeAngelo is bad. Don't play him.

I don't necessarily like to quote myself but lol gently caress me

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Ugh my friends league got a late start this year; we couldn't work out a draft time so we did it over email/text/google-sheets over 3 days, it was chaos. The last pick was around midnight last night, and the commish barely got the players entered in time. He also didn't set it to 0.5 PPR like we agreed.

Is it too late to change the settings on Yahoo? I think I will make a stink about this even if no one does, after all I drafted based on 0.5 PPR and it is the superior format. We do have leverage because I think no one has paid yet. Can we retroactively add points or are we going to have to do something silly like make a new league and count week 1 manually?

I want my extra 3.5 points from Antonio Brown, goddamn it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
In my experience with Yahoo leagues you can change the scoring and it will apply retroactively.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Don't draft a TE until the 5th round, y'all

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Heath Miller still scored 16.5 points and Gronk is a good pick if you can get him in the 2nd v:shobon:v

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
DeVante Parker worth dropping Terrance Williams as a lotto? WR's are Cobb, Maclin, Tate, Boldin, Bryant, (michael) Floyd

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 11, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'd probably rather drop Floyd to be honest (and then drop Williams when Cole Beasley takes over #2 on Dallas :getin: )

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'd probably rather drop Floyd to be honest (and then drop Williams when Cole Beasley takes over #2 on Dallas :getin: )

I did it cause why do I need 3 middling backup WR's.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Heath Miller still scored 16.5 points and Gronk is a good pick if you can get him in the 2nd v:shobon:v

Gronk is also worth approximately 5 million fun points a week and having him on your fantasy team makes watching football objectively better.

Also, rounds? Snake drafts are for scrubs, truth.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Only the bi-annual Kyle Rudolph 2 TD game can save me after that thorough Gronking.

edit: triennial

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

365 Nog Hogger posted:

DeVante Parker worth dropping Terrance Williams as a lotto? WR's are Cobb, Maclin, Tate, Boldin, Bryant, (michael) Floyd

Yes, either Williams or Floyd.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Time to see if anyone will bite on Dion Lewis!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Plugged in DeAngelo as my RB2 and picked up Heath Miller yesterday morning for the money league.

Had Gronk in both the work league and the frat league.

Fantasy Football 2015 is off to a good start. :feelsgoodman:

SalTheBard posted:

In my experience with Yahoo leagues you can change the scoring and it will apply retroactively.

Holy poo poo that sounds scary

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
By the way that's the post I'm going to quote in November when every one of my teams has been reduced to rubble and I'm holding back bitter tears of defeat

Y'know, like ya do

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

RCarr posted:

Time to see if anyone will bite on Dion Lewis!

Anyone who did should feel bad.

My opponent in my non-work league had Brady, Edelman, and Gronk. I'm off to a nice 0-1 start there. :negative:

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Looks like Markus Wheaton is still Markus Wheaton. I'm guessing I can squeeze a LITTLE more value out of him next week or 2 before Martavis comes back.

I had Lewis on the bench, oops!

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Prophecy120 posted:

deangelo williams mvp 2015

Wow, so I ended up keeping Williams as my Flex

No regrets, I got over 20 points!

He only needs to keep it up for one more game!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
That was a lot of fun. I loved the evil empire entrance to O Fortuna as they slowly walked out all of the SB trophies one by one.

Some thoughts from the game.

- The offensive line looked better than I expected in pass protection, considering we are out our starting center and were starting a bunch of rookies in the middle. A bad O-line is probably what gave Brady a shaky start last year, but he's thriving in the clean pockets: he had one string of 19 consecutive completions during last night's game. I'd have a hard time sitting brady @ home until defenses start to find ways to poke holes in the OLine.
- The run blocking up the middle, however, left a lot to be desired, which isn't surprising considering the rookies we had up there. Here are Dion Lewis' splits from last night: right side 4 for 29 (7.3), left side 5 for 26 (5.2), middle 6 for 14 (2.3). I'd consider this bad news for Blount. Though to be fair, Lewis was playing as a 3-down back last night, despite not being sized for it (he's 5'7). In contrast, Blount is six feet tall and 240lbs, so maybe he has more success between the tackles despite the poor blocking.
- I expected to see a lot of 2-te sets, and 2-te sets we got. What I didn't expect was the 4-te sets that they pulled out for the goal line plays. Two of them are almost exclusively blockers (Hooman is an excellent blocker, and recent pickup Michael Williams actually practiced as an offensive tackle last year with Detroit), but Gronk and Chandler can catch. I really loved the "TE-motion" calls, where Gronk and Chandler lined up in-line (as if for a power run play), then were both motioned outside right before the snap. I caught at least 3, maybe 4 of these, but there might have been more. It was a smart way to get tissue-paper coverage on the big men - Gronk's 5 catches came after being defended by "Robert Golden, no one, Will Allen, no one, Terence Garvin". One of those "no ones" was supposed to be rookie Bud Dupree, but that didn't work out well either.
- That said, I think the lack of real outside threats is a big problem. If we go up against a team with a slot corner good enough to cover Edelman and a linebacker/SS good enough to cover Gronk, the pats are in trouble. Here was the target breakdown last night: Edelman 12, Gronk 8, Lewis 5, everybody else: 3 or less. There was only a single target to a true outside receiver - 1 solitary pass to Dobson (who sucks). But if he stays healthy, Edelman could get a 150+ targets this year. He's going to be a ppr monster and I intend to start him pretty much every week in those formats. He has an uncanny knack for falling forwards and picking up an extra three yards that should have been completely out of the question, so I can see them going to Edelman a lot for converting on 2nd and 3rd downs.
- Dion Lewis looks to be running away with the Vereen roll. He played as the 3-down back because Blount was out and Bolden is basically just a special teams guy. Cadet was out injured, but I was surprised that James White barely even sniffed the field (I think I saw somewhere that he only got 1 snap?). He looked spry and fast as a receiver and broke some decent outside runs, but I'm not sure I want a part of this backfield until I see how he performs with Blount and Cadet back.
- Big Ben actually looked pretty good, despite the red zone inefficiency. If your QB1 is Stafford or Teddy or something I'd consider reaching out to the Big Ben owner to see what he would cost. He's going to blow up once Martavis and Bell are back.
- Nailing that Scott Chandler touchdown was a fun way to get some points this week, but I intend to drop him for Miller in half ppr. Aside from red zone packages, he was mostly used to scheme Gronk open. Still think he'll have some big games (Brady, Gronk, and Chandler did a lot of side reps during camp and red zone looks are going to feature a lot of multiple te sets this year), but they are gonna be hard to predict. But when Blount comes back, I'll be watching his usage very closely: I think it's probable that they'll play a lot of 2-te sets to get the power running game going.
- DWill looked patient, very hard to tackle, showed an average top speed, and didn't look very explosive. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable concluding that DWill is good or that the Pats run D will be bad (they subbed a ton on the D Line as if they were trying to find the right personnel grouping - they should get better once they find it). Don't think he's worth dropping an upside guy for unless you need to play him as a Bell/Foster owner or something.
- Brown is a monster but his tetris haircut is stupid.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If all the top RBs perform according to their ADP this week, who would be a fair trade for Antonio Brown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Reik posted:

If all the top RBs perform according to their ADP this week, who would be a fair trade for Antonio Brown?

PPR? Straight up?

In PPR I'd probably only give up Brown for Bell.

• Locked thread