Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Woolie Wool posted:

Notorious MRA Roosh V delivers :biotruths: about how women accumulate DNA from the semen from all their sexual partners, giving them "slut face" from all the foreign genes and causing earlier suitors to indirectly cuck later ones. I have no words. :psyduck:

The cuckolding. The cuckolding. Always with the cucking. If he had a child, would he kill it if he discovered the biological father was not him?

Just like people want to find a scientific justification for their racism, he needed to find a scientific justification for slut-shaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Also this is a hell of piece about that couple who are trying to "live Victorian".

quote:

There is no value of lived experience generated from this exercise, which is so devoid of the actual context for the Victorian-period trappings it fetishizes that these two would have been equally served privilege-LARPing the life of a moisture farmer on Tatooine. There is no authenticity in of any of this. Have they been checked for typhoid lately? Has Gabriel (gently caress Gabriel!) been drafted to fight in the Boer War? Does Sarah come from a family of landed nobility to live such a life of leisure? Did Gabriel (gently caress Gabriel) get his arm torn off in a shuttle-loom accident when he was 14? These people are the anti-vaxxers of modernity, except they actually have vaccinations, so they don’t have to worry about dying from polio. They are anti-tech Silicon Valley libertarians who believe identity is derived from what stupid poo poo you surround yourself with, regardless of what horrors brought it to you.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

That isn't even :biotruths:, it's just sheer gibbering insanity.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm trying to process this madness and failing.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

I feel that these two are relatively harmless compared to most neo-reactionarys, but wanting to rewind a clock to a time when African-Americans could be lynched by a mob and nobody would give a crap, Imperialism ran wild across the globe even more so then today, and Jews kept quiet or were screamed at grates at me.

If any pacific northwest goons happen to seem them biking past, please shove a tire iron or crowbar throw the spokes of their loving bikes for me.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Woolie Wool posted:

Notorious MRA Roosh V delivers :biotruths: about how women accumulate DNA from the semen from all their sexual partners, giving them "slut face" from all the foreign genes and causing earlier suitors to indirectly cuck later ones. I have no words. :psyduck:

The cuckolding. The cuckolding. Always with the cucking. If he had a child, would he kill it if he discovered the biological father was not him?

I can't really parse this as anything but hilarious. I mean, he's clearly bugfuck crazy but it's just hilarious.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Woolie Wool posted:

:psyboom: Where the gently caress is this even coming from?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Also, :laffo: this site is incredible

3 Reasons Why You Should Never Let Your Child Watch Sesame Street

Donald Trump and the Tyranny of Feelings.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

This guy is one of the biggest names in the manosphere. He has published sex tourism guides and has probably hundreds of thousands of readers. He's batshit loving mad.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

divabot posted:

media studies pareidolia.
I need to hang onto this phrase.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Ahahaha I was wondering how Roosh would find his way back into the thread. :allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

I can't really parse this as anything but hilarious. I mean, he's clearly bugfuck crazy but it's just hilarious.

The guy's a violent serial rapist who literally publishes guides based off his experiences. His ranting would be a lot funnier if he didn't keep putting it into practice.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Do I need to do something special to get do not link to work? Because I can't see the article even if I turn my adblocker off, just the DNL frame and gray under it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I guess that explains what Clickhole was parodying

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/i-dont-let-my-kids-watch-winnie-pooh-because-i-don-2842

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Once again the Onion proves just how little different satire is from our reality.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Gene Ray was more likable than most of these people, because no one took him seriously

Gene Ray and Francis E. Dec don't even count.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm kind of wondering, if you lived as a carl circa the Early Medieval period in Britain would that be as bad as the Victorian couple?

Because If I ever won the lottery I always thought about trying to set up an old style farm to show people how people would live back in those days.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Josef bugman posted:

I'm kind of wondering, if you lived as a carl circa the Early Medieval period in Britain would that be as bad as the Victorian couple?

Because If I ever won the lottery I always thought about trying to set up an old style farm to show people how people would live back in those days.

That's just Colonial Williamsburg for a different era/location.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I was just wondering if people would get as drat angry as that guy did over the Victorian couple. Because he seems really mad about them living like that. I mean yeah there is tonnes of messed up poo poo from the Victorian Era, but at the same time you can't say that they should "Be unhappy about where their clothing comes from" or where there stuff comes from when almost all of our own devices come from very similar places that just happen to be separated by an ocean instead of inside the same country.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I expect this guy is interpreting every "Get off the road" and "what the hell are you Amish or something" as a sign of profound hatred rather than confusion that a middle-class couple have decided to LARP full Victorian in the year of our Lord 2015 in North America.

I think if you aren't holding up traffic with your reindeer cart or whatever, that alone means you'd get way less heat.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Nessus posted:

I expect this guy is interpreting every "Get off the road" and "what the hell are you Amish or something" as a sign of profound hatred rather than confusion that a middle-class couple have decided to LARP full Victorian in the year of our Lord 2015 in North America.

True. You'd have to make sure that you only drove your geese to market every so often.

The thing is I have actually been held up by cows crossing the road when driving in my home town and it still isn't as annoying as tractors.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Josef bugman posted:

I was just wondering if people would get as drat angry as that guy did over the Victorian couple. Because he seems really mad about them living like that.

It's not so much the fact that they're living like that but how smug they are about it.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

It's the smugness and the misrepresentation of what the Victorian Era actually meant. We're still dealing with the fallout of colonialism and pretending that the Victorian Era was anything but the result of that is disingenuous at best and revisionist horseshit at worst.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

The entire LW crew's reaction to China Mieville is really funny, because they have a lot of trouble conceptualizing how someone can be both an science fiction and fantasy writer, and thus, Good People, and also a Marxist, and thus, Bad People.

That, plus he's an ubermensch who could snap them in half with one hand while simultaneously writing an academic paper with the other, while they're universally pallid flabby creeps who have to resort to weird tricks to get women to talk to them despite their CLEARLY SUPERIOR BELIEFS

Reminder that Roosh also said women who cut their hair short are literally mentally ill and should basically be sectioned for self-mutilation.

The guy makes no loving sense in total, he's constantly complaining that women are all disgusting whores and not the virginal 50s housewife he wants, but then like, goes out of his way to ensure that he will never ever meet anyone like who he wants and would 'ruin' her if he did. I guess it's ultimately just a really heavy version of the madonna/whore complex, but his whole philosophy is so bizarre and self-defeating I don't know how he can be happy living it.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

The only good parts of that book are Gibson's. It's the book that totally turned me off of Bruce Sterling. I only got as far as halfway through the prostitute chapter and tossed it.

Sterling has said that writing The Hacker Crackdown (which was excellent, important and perfectly-timed) cost him a novel. GOOD.

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

That, plus he's an ubermensch who could snap them in half with one hand while simultaneously writing an academic paper with the other, while they're universally pallid flabby creeps who have to resort to weird tricks to get women to talk to them despite their CLEARLY SUPERIOR BELIEFS

Reminder that Roosh also said women who cut their hair short are literally mentally ill and should basically be sectioned for self-mutilation.

The guy makes no loving sense in total, he's constantly complaining that women are all disgusting whores and not the virginal 50s housewife he wants, but then like, goes out of his way to ensure that he will never ever meet anyone like who he wants and would 'ruin' her if he did. I guess it's ultimately just a really heavy version of the madonna/whore complex, but his whole philosophy is so bizarre and self-defeating I don't know how he can be happy living it.

He really doesn't make any sense at all.

http://www.returnofkings.com/58192/the-wisdom-of-mao-tse-tung

:wtc:

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Control Volume posted:

I mentally separate these guys from steampunk people anyways, steampunk people are just weird nerds who like Victorian aesthetics and GEARS and Charles Babbage's amazing Analytical Engine. The worst I usually see from them is a bad sense of fashion, social awkwardness, and being slightly too into tabletop RPGs, and barring the last one that's over half the US population anyways.

Steampunk people are closer to the Dark Enlightenment than you'd think.

Remember, this is a genre that grew out of cyberpunk. Baron Von Airship is supposed to be the bad guy - a buffoon who doesn't deserve his unimaginable wealth and power. The whole point of the genre is to root against that rear end in a top hat, and for the six year old boy who is forced to oil his machines, and the anonymous clever engineer-rebel who figures out how to take him for all he's worth by subverting the machines he depends on. (Of course, it's all wish fulfillment for nerds who want to believe the world innately rewards clever engineers, but the idea of rebellion against one's aristocratic "betters" is still key to the whole thing).

Steampunk fans see this whole setup, see the obvious bad guy, and immediately say, "wow, he is so awesome! I want to be him! Even when all the conventions of the genre are set up to paint aristocrats as paper-thin villains, they still just fuckin' love them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

http://www.returnofkings.com/62716/the-damaging-effects-of-jewish-intellectualism-and-activism-on-western-culture

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The guy's a violent serial rapist who literally publishes guides based off his experiences. His ranting would be a lot funnier if he didn't keep putting it into practice.

Ah, so it's one of those mirthless laughter through clenched teeth and overly long stares kind of thing.

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

I wonder what would happen if someone introduced him to National Bolshevism.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Space Gopher posted:

This is really a bit like saying all industrial fans are literal Nazis for their taste in boots (per earlier posts). It's media studies pareidolia.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

That, plus he's an ubermensch who could snap them in half with one hand while simultaneously writing an academic paper with the other

:swoon:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Space Gopher posted:

Remember, this is a genre that grew out of cyberpunk. Baron Von Airship is supposed to be the bad guy - a buffoon who doesn't deserve his unimaginable wealth and power. The whole point of the genre is to root against that rear end in a top hat, and for the six year old boy who is forced to oil his machines, and the anonymous clever engineer-rebel who figures out how to take him for all he's worth by subverting the machines he depends on. (Of course, it's all wish fulfillment for nerds who want to believe the world innately rewards clever engineers, but the idea of rebellion against one's aristocratic "betters" is still key to the whole thing).

Steampunk fans see this whole setup, see the obvious bad guy, and immediately say, "wow, he is so awesome! I want to be him! Even when all the conventions of the genre are set up to paint aristocrats as paper-thin villains, they still just fuckin' love them.

Oh, word?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
And cyberpunk ultimately grew out of pulp sci-fi, where ~90% of cyberpunk's heroes would have been villains. Really makes you think.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Mike Annisimov has been invited to a futurist conference. There's already a group agitating to disinvite him, because he's been redpilled by Moldbug pretty hard.

This is going good places, mark my words.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Speaking of the redpill, I've gone way too deep down the rabbit hole, and woke up in a back alley clutching a handful of playing cards and this map

“But I don’t want to go among stupid people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all stupid here. I’m stupid. You’re stupid."
"How do you know I’m stupid?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Speaking of the redpill, I've gone way too deep down the rabbit hole, and woke up in a back alley clutching a handful of playing cards and this map

“But I don’t want to go among stupid people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all stupid here. I’m stupid. You’re stupid."
"How do you know I’m stupid?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

What does any of this even mean

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Maxwell Lord posted:

What does any of this even mean

It's from the blog of one of the "post rationalists" who do a lot of empty pseudo-philosophizing verbiage because they've forgotten believing Wittgenstein and the logical positivists showed that all philosophy is empty word games does not actually make you immune to clearly empty word games.

Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
After staring in mute incomprehension for about ten minutes in an attempt to understand exactly what the image is supposed to convey, this is all I've got.

God help me, I chuckled at the Eye of Sauron-NSA thingie though.

It's from the blog of one of the "post rationalists" who do a lot of empty pseudo-philosophizing verbiage because they've forgotten believing Wittgenstein and the logical positivists showed that all philosophy is empty word games does not actually make you immune to clearly empty word games.

Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Drink until you can no longer form coherent sentences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's memes and injokes. I've seen similar things in other online communities.