Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sorry, you missed the time when I took these pictures for Ether Frenzy. I'm not mad that you're a stupid rear end oval office face. I'm angry that you don't know how much I love Ether Frenzy for being a good racer and an overall good man.

02/11/2014: GRC racing at Catalunta School. Not something you'd know about, without me telling you.

Excuse me I'll have you know I drive a Lamborghini. When it's not broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dr. Faustus posted:

Race Summary

Never stop taking recap pictures man, you're great at those. Really captures the essence of the action.

And the first friend Drivatar that popped into my game was D1zzle, and he promptly slammed his Mazda RX-something into the wall at a high rate of speed while in first place (I'm not kidding, it happened like twice over the course of a few successive races.)

If it's random that it's picking Mazdas for Dizzle, that's too bad that it's not tuned to his actual preferences - but I was impressed because it really looked like his style of driving/car choices.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
So we've learned that if your single player assists have Damage set to Realistic, that setting follows you to multiplayer lobbies, even if the lobby is set to Cosmetic.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, there were a lot of bugs with the private race lobby we were running earlier, drivatars missing names, settings resetting to default every time you went into the game options, etc. Luckily they have a bunch of Beta testers who paid extra so I'd be surprised if they don't get that fixed up by the real launch.

I also just shared this livery for the Merc 190 Evo with a brushed nickel roof/hood.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 11, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Nurburgring in the rain is enormous fun. I'll be back when I get my mic working.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I no longer see any reason I should bother with the effort. I take all the poo poo, I get a little praise for the pretty pictures, but overall I get wrecked and poo poo on.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

I no longer see any reason I should bother with the effort. I take all the poo poo, I get a little praise for the pretty pictures, but overall I get wrecked and poo poo on.

All you're missing is the cross to nail yourself to.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who is running a lobby at the moment? Want some fun dice racing. Messed up my gamer tag last page. It's Wise Prey.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Finally suffering through Audis and Ferraris or whatever has paid off, and I get to drive a super awesome and cool Ford for the intro.

Comcast is being a huge steaming load to me today, so I can barely even post this. Sorry for not accepting any invites guys, I really wanted to play some before I go camping tomorrow.

Also I won a Veyron in the first spin.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

All you're missing is the cross to nail yourself to.
You do it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This is a good rear end Forza game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

game chat is broken as hell though right now

Phillippe
Jan 3, 2007
Stop, its a trap! The internet is on fire!
GT is Pip7 if anyone needs to fill a grid spot

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Are yall racing? I'll be free in like 40 ish min

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm experiencing a bug with applying a vinyl to a car. As soon as I do "save to car" it goes to the saving screen and just sits there. I let it sit for 5 minutes. And then I quit the game and tried again and got the same thing.

Tried the same vinyl (one I created in fm5 and imported) on another car and got the same thing.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 11, 2015

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
This sucks nothing from all my hundreds of hours of FM4 is registering on Forza Hub.

That game is probably my most played game of all time. Forza 3 is showing up, I hardly played that at all.

And wtf is up with the hub website there are like three different places telling me to collect credits here but nothing I click on does anything.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW posted:

This sucks nothing from all my hundreds of hours of FM4 is registering on Forza Hub.

That game is probably my most played game of all time. Forza 3 is showing up, I hardly played that at all.

And wtf is up with the hub website there are like three different places telling me to collect credits here but nothing I click on does anything.
Have you tried logging into your Xbox and downloading the Forza Hub app?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm drunk and gonna go tune up an M5 goddamn do I love forza

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GutBomb posted:

I'm experiencing a bug with applying a vinyl to a car. As soon as I do "save to car" it goes to the saving screen and just sits there. I let it sit for 5 minutes. And then I quit the game and tried again and got the same thing.

Tried the same vinyl (one I created in fm5 and imported) on another car and got the same thing.

They were working ok for me earlier. Idk

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

I tried making a vinyl from scratch and it worked fine. It's weird.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yessssss. When you buy a car you can hit A to skip past the "this is your new..." bullshit.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

How 'bout those chat issues?

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 11, 2015

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
Should I update my firmware on my thrustmaster tx?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Hey, I updated Rainwave's original dice racing page with all FM6 track variants and classes.

http://gutbomb.net/diceracing.html

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

How 'bout those chat issues?
How 'bout 'em?
I took the pictures, I participated in those races.

I raced as clean as I was able and I never purposefully took risky chances which could cost other participants their positions.

If anyone disagrees I will hear them out and if I made a move in bad faith I will apologize. If you raced with me long enough, you know I immediately apologized the moment I even thought I caused a problem.

My record stands, and I don't mean as fastest. I mean as sportsman-like as possible.

Say the same, "Talk poo poo, Get Hit." Dare you.

If I were you, I would not use this time to take the high road.

Seriously, did you even notice I'm the #77 Ford not involved in that collision at all?

Ether Frenzy do you remember that race differently?

Did you not go on to win that race?

Please tell me what MD is saying, when I haven't said a word to him except, "I'll post pictures FOR YOU if I can."

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 11, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Alright sorted out the handling issues I was having. Let's blame Turn 10 for crummy default settings. Especially with differentials. I tend to use 25%-30% front/back as a default. What about you dudes?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'ma link the GRC stuff in the second post along with the posters for those races. I'm still super interested in getting a weekend series going for people like me who cannot make the normal Wednesday races, though I won't organize that since I won't have the game for a bit yet.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nurburgring in the dark, sweet jesus

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I don't care about the auction house since I never sold any of my cars, and cars always got bid up a dollar under their store price, but we are going to be able to share paint jobs and tunes right?

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Cubey posted:

I'ma link the GRC stuff in the second post along with the posters for those races. I'm still super interested in getting a weekend series going for people like me who cannot make the normal Wednesday races, though I won't organize that since I won't have the game for a bit yet.

I'm down for weekend races / since I'm in a timezone challenged and can't attend due to work. I'm sure there will be no problems getting goon lobbies going this weekend regardless

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ok, see you after some sleep.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

I don't care about the auction house since I never sold any of my cars, and cars always got bid up a dollar under their store price, but we are going to be able to share paint jobs and tunes right?

I shared a tune for the S2000 and got some credits for people downloading it so yeah.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

How 'bout 'em?
I took the pictures, I participated in those races.

I raced as clean as I was able and I never purposefully took risky chances which could cost other participants their positions.

If anyone disagrees I will hear them out and if I made a move in bad faith I will apologize. If you raced with me long enough, you know I immediately apologized the moment I even thought I caused a problem

Relax buddy I was blaming myself completely for that accident. Nothing to do with you whatsoever. I was the blue car.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 11, 2015

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

The Top Gear Truck challenge is probably the best thing ever put in a video game.

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

I got some to work, but the ones that don't work never work. I don't know what's wrong with it. The Renault 5 Turbo Philips rally livery is one that refuses to work, and another that refuses to work is my DRIFTY massachusetts license plate. I suppose I could easily re-make that one but I actually built all of the letters out of shapes instead of any of the built in fonts because none of the built in fonts match the actual font that license plates use, so it was somewhat time consuming.

I'm hoping for the bug to be cleared up.

Edit:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst40846_Issue-with-importing-fm5-designs.aspx

It's a known issue. Any vinyl group or design that contains a decal with a lower case letter "a" using one of the fonts from FM5 can't be saved to a car and causes the endless save issue.

They seem to be working on it.

I spent all my money last night on cars buying every car I find interesting in alphabetical order. 7 and a half million got me up to Mitsubishi and then I ran out of money.

I imported a bunch of vinyls (mostly logos) that weren't affected by the aforementioned bug and put them all up on the marketplace including all the GRC ones so you guys can grab those and give me some money.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 11, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So i dunno if game chat will fix itself or not. I made a post on the forums but nobody replied. I advise goons go through making sure your NAT setting is OPEN by making sure you xbox live ports are forwarded or set your xbone as default host (DMZ), and IPv6 teredo tunnelling is enabled on your routers (especially apple routers). I also updated my DNS to google since my new comcast DNS servers were dropping constantly. I'm betting that if a single person has nat or dns issues in this game, it is somehow affecting other players in the lobby

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Relax buddy I was blaming myself completely for that accident. Nothing to do with you whatsoever. I was the blue car.
I admit I make mistakes. If I mistook your words, I am sorry.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
They removed the ability to see what displacement your engine has by toggling the stats on the view car screen for some reason. This is vital info when you're tuning. You can get it by looking at the engine swap upgrade to see what you currently have, just like you have to do to get tire widths. It's annoying.

Another tip, if you still use the FM4 tuning calculator you don't have access to the stats database like you did in FM4 that had things like torque, power, and redline RPM. You can get these in test drive though. Make a note of what your max power and max torque are, then go to test drive mode on le mans with no chicanes. at the beginning of the lap stay in 1st gear and drive to redline. note the speed you're traveling at redline and then go into telemetry mode. drive to that speed and look at the RPM number next to it. that's your redline RPM. Then drive up to the long straight. Don't stop, but slow down to about 30 and shift into whatever gear has a 1.000 ratio (usually 4th). Floor the accelerator and watch the HP and RPMs. When you reach your maximum HP look at the RPMs. That's your max power RPM. Slow down to 30 and do it again to get the max torque RPM.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Xbone chat sucks poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
With the 73 BMW Turbo, if your revs drop real fast when you let go of the throttle, do not downshift, as it jumps 2000 RPM when you put your foot back down. Just a tip :)

• Locked thread