Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

KillerDan posted:

That is correct. And while having soldiers with skills can certainly help with certain R&D projects, sometimes the skills that they have are actually bad ones. Those with the troublemaker skill can put your other soldiers into sickbay through violence, giving them PTSD, or just plain making them sick. This can even lead to them killing your other soldiers if you don't fire them.
My friend found a guy with multiple A+ ratings, only to find that he was actually dogshit when he arrived at Mother Base. Apparently there's a 'Boastful' skill that inflates all their ratings when you scan them.

This loving game. Gonna buy the poo poo out of it during the next sale...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm not sure how much of a sale you're wanting, but GMG is selling it for 46 bucks if you use their voucher code.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Troublemakers are only problems if you don't have an even amount of them on a particular team

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm surprised gun-ho Liam ran away like a coward instead of gunning down the Skulls. I ended up using the honeybee, though I was assuming regular guns don't work (Which they do, and I was sad.)

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Tae posted:

I'm surprised gun-ho Liam ran away like a coward instead of gunning down the Skulls. I ended up using the honeybee, though I was assuming regular guns don't work (Which they do, and I was sad.)

I used Honey Bee on most of them, then ran out, tried to jack a jeep and peace out like a coward and ran over the last one by accident. So that works too. :v:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Tupperwarez posted:

My friend found a guy with multiple A+ ratings, only to find that he was actually dogshit when he arrived at Mother Base. Apparently there's a 'Boastful' skill that inflates all their ratings when you scan them.

This loving game. Gonna buy the poo poo out of it during the next sale...

"Boastful" can work the opposite way, too, so it's a weird word choice for that skill.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Setting the o/u for when the crew discovers the 'customize' menu and gets that goddamn heli upgrade equipped at the end of episode #10. Going to be optimistic and go for the under myself, but at least two of my friends are opting for the over.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

He's not gung-ho, he's gun-jump. He gun-jumped past the fight straight to his own escape.

I loving love Liam speed MGSV, it's great fun and really helps the LP, even if they can end up wandering around not knowing poo poo because he skipped the entire base where the hostage was. But it was fiiiine.

E4C85D38 posted:

Setting the o/u for when the crew discovers the 'customize' menu and gets that goddamn heli upgrade equipped at the end of episode #10. Going to be optimistic and go for the under myself, but at least two of my friends are opting for the over.

It's going to be whenever the third recording picks up and they look it up online. To be honest, I'm surprised that Pat hasn't just looked it up on his phone while Liam rides around on D-Horse.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 11, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KillerDan posted:

That is correct. And while having soldiers with skills can certainly help with certain R&D projects, sometimes the skills that they have are actually bad ones. Those with the troublemaker skill can put your other soldiers into sickbay through violence, giving them PTSD, or just plain making them sick. This can even lead to them killing your other soldiers if you don't fire them.

So not really a problem if you micro-manage your soldiers well enough to keep them from being stupid. I thought so.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RareAcumen posted:

So not really a problem if you micro-manage your soldiers well enough to keep them from being stupid. I thought so.

You don't even have to micro-manage, your idroid will give you a corner popup that says "fighting has broken out among staff" which, if you don't do anything about, will keep popping up again later but this time with consequences. When you get that popup all you have to do is go into your mother base management and fire all your troublemakers because 99% of the time they aren't worth the hassle anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You don't even have to micro-manage, your idroid will give you a corner popup that says "fighting has broken out among staff" which, if you don't do anything about, will keep popping up again later but this time with consequences. When you get that popup all you have to do is go into your mother base management and fire all your troublemakers because 99% of the time they aren't worth the hassle anyway.

In my head, with this type of game, 'Looking at Mother Base regularly' is micro managing. It's obviously not to the same degree as Peace Walker but still.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
liam's cool poo poo doesn't make up for the fact that he loving plays with auto aim on

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the latest episode convinces me pat and liam need to stop thinking they know things

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

OneDeadman posted:

Troublemakers are only problems if you don't have an even amount of them on a particular team

How does that work out?

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

pandaK posted:

How does that work out?

they cancel each other out I guess?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mesothelioma posted:

liam's cool poo poo doesn't make up for the fact that he loving plays with auto aim on

Why wouldn't he play with auto-aim when he is using a controller? Controllers are terrible for accurate aiming.

There's a reason almost every shooter on consoles has an auto-aim function.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
on the one hand, it's infuriating that they're overlooking/misunderstanding basic poo poo, and since this is the first new game they've been playing that I've been playing also, it's doubly infuriating.
on the other hand, seeing them bionic punch three of their dudes while going "THAT'S THE BEST" just gives me the biggest smile :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh yes, that arm moment is great. I seriously hope we get to see ROCKET PUUUUNCH and other features.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
They are going to flip poo poo when they see [HAND OF JEHUTY] show up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, I got about as lost as the guys in that cave.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just don't get the mentality of playing a game and seeing a mechanic and instead of going "I wonder what this does" you go "This is what this does" and assume something completely incorrect with zero back-up

but it's fine he played 500 hours of ground zeroes

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

After playing MGS for a few days I thought I'd check out the LP for it, and wow, Liam's devil-may-care playstyle is amazing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not only did he kill the prisoner who was supposed to give him info last episode and then spent 20 minutes running around aimlessly, he's still somehow missing the big fat Helicopter button in the customization menu. I wonder how long it'll take to notice it.

Apparently they're playing Ultimax tonight. Incoming salt.

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 11, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope Woolie edits Adachi's name out and puts "Culprit" over it with a big black bar on the character and distorted voice clips so they can still hide this 7 year old plot twist

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I hope Woolie edits Adachi's name out and puts "Culprit" over it with a big black bar on the character and distorted voice clips so they can still hide this 7 year old plot twist

agreed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also here is the new SF character, he is an arabian gentleman named Rashid who uses tornadoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2QhMbRWNJw

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of salt, Ono announced a new SF5 character at Dubai today.

Oh hey it's... Arabian Vegeta with an Aegis reflector.
EDIT: Curse you Baal.
Also I'm seeing people freaking out over this announcement coming today as "lacking tact", which is hilarious.

HGH fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 11, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Not only did he kill the prisoner who was supposed to give him info last episode and then spent 20 minutes running around aimlessly, he's still somehow missing the big fat Helicopter button in the customization menu. I wonder how long it'll take to notice it.

Eh, to be fair that Customization option is pretty counter-intuitive, isn't it only accessible in the chopper? It took me a bit to find it too, especially considering everything else can be upgraded on the field/base thru the iDroid anyway.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

Eh, to be fair that Customization option is pretty counter-intuitive, isn't it only accessible in the chopper? It took me a bit to find it too, especially considering everything else can be upgraded on the field/base thru the iDroid anyway.

No, he's talking about the big fat 'helicopter' button in the sortie prep screen you see before every mission. It is weird that the helicopter doesn't just re-equip itself like normal upgraded equipment does though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

No, he's talking about the big fat 'helicopter' button in the sortie prep screen you see before every mission. It is weird that the helicopter doesn't just re-equip itself like normal upgraded equipment does though.

That button doesn't exist. In the prep screen, you get Equipment, Buddy, Vehicle, and Character, none of which change the helicopter. I honestly had to stop playing and just focus on the menus to figure out how to do it, and I totally get they don't want to grind the momentum to a halt.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're right, I was remembering incorrectly. My bad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Here's a better video of him Rashid:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Is-T0Z3v-8

He looks cool and sounds like he's voiced by Space Dandy, which makes him double cool.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I'm playing through all PlayStation console metal gear games in release order before I buy mgsv. Thank you for inspiring me to do this pat and Liam, it has been too long.

I had played mgs 1 and 2 about a decade ago and now I will freshen up and know all the haps.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

HGH posted:

Apparently they're playing Ultimax tonight. Incoming salt.

Really? I didn't hear that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TheRealestMatt posted:

Really? I didn't hear that.

Did you hear that they're making a Jeepers Creepers 3? Because that's now happening.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
more like ultimatts

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My insider source tells me I've been fed lies in exchange for pies. Anyway when's Naruto?

havenwaters posted:

Did you hear that they're making a Jeepers Creepers 3? Because that's now happening.
This is good though.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 11, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want a Naruto game LP, Woolie

Give it to me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They could actually probably have a fun go at those awful Ubisoft openworld Naruto games on the 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

hubris.height posted:

I'm playing through all PlayStation console metal gear games in release order before I buy mgsv. Thank you for inspiring me to do this pat and Liam, it has been too long.

I had played mgs 1 and 2 about a decade ago and now I will freshen up and know all the haps.

I binged through every Metal Gear game back to back in the run-up to TPP.

I'm now convinced The Patriots run the world and that I might be a clone.