Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The mac client is totally hosed. It crashes after it's loaded too many textures just like it did back in beta. My machine has 2 gigs of vram but I can only wander around pve zones for about 10 minutes before a crash, and if I'm doing something like crafting (therefore going between towns, banks and set crafting stations where there are lots of players around) it crashes practically every time I step into a wayshrine

Has anyone had this on the windows client? I was with some windows users who were complaining about it on a dungeon run the other night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

vug posted:

The mac client is totally hosed. It crashes after it's loaded too many textures just like it did back in beta. My machine has 2 gigs of vram but I can only wander around pve zones for about 10 minutes before a crash, and if I'm doing something like crafting (therefore going between towns, banks and set crafting stations where there are lots of players around) it crashes practically every time I step into a wayshrine

Has anyone had this on the windows client? I was with some windows users who were complaining about it on a dungeon run the other night

I'm running it on OS X 10.9.5 with a GT120 (512mb) video card, and haven't had any problems. I was logged in today for about 10-15 minutes, and was just fine. Then again, I have the settings kind of low, since.... well... y'know, GT120.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Can I get a PSN guild invite please? BobCthulhu

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I tried tanking veteran White Gold last night. Whoever thought that the enemies in the veteran version should have 300k hp, hit for 10k a hit (with 29k armor/spell resist), take less than 5k a hit because of stupidly high armor and spell resist, and out-heal all damage in a matter of seconds needs to be shot.

I don't understand how the developers can be so incompetent with such simple things like scaling difficulty.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

The Diddler posted:

Can I get a PSN guild invite please? BobCthulhu

Sent. You should have three invites.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

I tried tanking veteran White Gold last night. Whoever thought that the enemies in the veteran version should have 300k hp, hit for 10k a hit (with 29k armor/spell resist), take less than 5k a hit because of stupidly high armor and spell resist, and out-heal all damage in a matter of seconds needs to be shot.

I don't understand how the developers can be so incompetent with such simple things like scaling difficulty.

That's all? I'm only vet1 and I could take that in my sleep.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm running it on OS X 10.9.5 with a GT120 (512mb) video card, and haven't had any problems. I was logged in today for about 10-15 minutes, and was just fine. Then again, I have the settings kind of low, since.... well... y'know, GT120.

I changed the graphics setting from ultra high to high and it significantly reduced the crashes but they didn't go away completely, just back to the level of the last release i guess

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

vug posted:

I changed the graphics setting from ultra high to high and it significantly reduced the crashes but they didn't go away completely, just back to the level of the last release i guess

I am running a Mac mini, but have to set everything to low/off or thereabouts to just move about and fight. It's all very retro and nostalgic looking. Rooms can take a long time to load and then after loading a long time to render. People show up as black shadows at first. Rooms as dimensionless white spaces. I have no idea what the game actually looks like. After I am loaded in though I can usually fight, run dungeons, etc. without crashes. I am a little bit behind, which I can tell because I often end up trying to kill things that are apparently already dead. Eventually it can start to stutter and I have to reload the game or even reboot the machine.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sogol posted:

I am running a Mac mini, but have to set everything to low/off or thereabouts to just move about and fight. It's all very retro and nostalgic looking. Rooms can take a long time to load and then after loading a long time to render. People show up as black shadows at first. Rooms as dimensionless white spaces. I have no idea what the game actually looks like. After I am loaded in though I can usually fight, run dungeons, etc. without crashes. I am a little bit behind, which I can tell because I often end up trying to kill things that are apparently already dead. Eventually it can start to stutter and I have to reload the game or even reboot the machine.

This has to be similar to my friend's experience trying to play on a surface pro 3. Also this post rules.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

The black silhouettes are apparently a ZoS thing, implemented to help reduce crashing.

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

I rolled on PC AD to play with friends and guilds in this game are just so god drat weird. Like, I've been in like 12 different guilds at this point and I think I have yet to have a Grobull the Transmuted kill that took less time than my heroic lich king kill back in the day

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

thousandcranes posted:

I rolled on PC AD to play with friends and guilds in this game are just so god drat weird. Like, I've been in like 12 different guilds at this point and I think I have yet to have a Grobull the Transmuted kill that took less time than my heroic lich king kill back in the day

Ah. Welcome to veteran Darkshade post 2.1

You should roll with Ennuid and Sadpluto in Ebonheart Goons on AD and 3-man it.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Scyantific posted:

The black silhouettes are apparently a ZoS thing, implemented to help reduce crashing.

They're pretty alarming looking, they do look like a rendering error. I hope they get replaced with generic standin models like GW2 does it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mizuti posted:

They're pretty alarming looking, they do look like a rendering error. I hope they get replaced with generic standin models like GW2 does it.

That probably would take more resources to render. Honestly, black figures is a pretty good way to do it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Finished my collection of Dwemer, Primal, Barbaric, and Daedric motifs for less than 30k each. I feel pretty accomplished now. Just need Imperial and I got them all.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I ran ESO on an old PC on minimum settings a while ago and it was surprising how much like morrowind it looked

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

vug posted:

I ran ESO on an old PC on minimum settings a while ago and it was surprising how much like morrowind it looked

For me, it reminds me exactly about how I played Battlespire way back in the day; on a computer that could run Daggerfall just fine, but chugged when Battlespire was running at full-spec. I ran that thing at the minimum requirements and sort of enjoyed it.

Odd that I'm going through the same sort of thing (but actually enjoying ESO), and this is the very next multiplayer ES game in the series.

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Ah. Welcome to veteran Darkshade post 2.1

You should roll with Ennuid and Sadpluto in Ebonheart Goons on AD and 3-man it.

This is probably a good idea. Can I get an invite for NA PC @thousandcranes

Edit: Except now it's time for an endless loading screen. YAY

thousandcranes fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 9, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

thousandcranes posted:

This is probably a good idea. Can I get an invite for NA PC @thousandcranes

Edit: Except now it's time for an endless loading screen. YAY

Sending invite out now.

Patch notes are a disappointment. No lag fix, no fix for the stuttering (removing and disabling addons is NOT a fix).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Has there been any more talk of cross faction PVE? I can't bring myself to abandon my DC Templar, but no one really plays DC on PC at this point.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Has there been any more talk of cross faction PVE? I can't bring myself to abandon my DC Templar, but no one really plays DC on PC at this point.

Probably gonna hear more about it the closer we get to Orsinium.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I just got into The Kush Covenant, one of the big trade guilds for the PS4. If any goons want an invite, let me know. They're recruiting and don't have taxes. All they ask is you try to keep at 30 items in the store at all times and, if you sell something, send them a little tip to help keep their guild trader.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Scyantific posted:

Patch notes are a disappointment. No lag fix, no fix for the stuttering (removing and disabling addons is NOT a fix).

This isn't a total fix but it's a decent band-aid: Download Shissu's LUA Memory: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html

Ever since the patch dropped my game would devolve into unplayable levels of stuttering after about 10 minutes. Now, it takes about 2 hours of consistent gameplay before I'm forced to restart the client. It also gets rid of that irritating LUA limit popup on startup if you run enough addons to get that message.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

This isn't a total fix but it's a decent band-aid: Download Shissu's LUA Memory: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html

Ever since the patch dropped my game would devolve into unplayable levels of stuttering after about 10 minutes. Now, it takes about 2 hours of consistent gameplay before I'm forced to restart the client. It also gets rid of that irritating LUA limit popup on startup if you run enough addons to get that message.

I actually did have this installed because I use both Master Merchant and Data Daedra for price checking, and both of those were murdering my LUA memory allocation.

So now with this stupid lag/stuttering issue I've had to bump it up to 2,048 MB of allocated space for it to keep me lag-free for 2+ hours.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
How are you guys enjoying the expansion?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The expansion content is fine. The problem is the bugginess of the patch, as well as the unwanted changes that were specifically asked to be removed during the whole month of testing on the PTS.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I duo'd a silver pledge dugeon on my lvl46 templar healer last night so I guess templars did OK out of that patch. We had a group (pug) of 4, just that 2 of them never bothered to actually enter the dungeon.
It was very helpful that the other guy kept using blood altar though, that saved me countless times

If it's of any interest, here's my pilgrim-on-steroids build

Race: altmer (bit of a waste of the elemental damage bonus but whatever)
Attrib points: 15 health, the rest magicka
Gear: all light armor, 5 pieces of magnus' gift, 2 pieces of eyes of mara (ideally would be 5 eyes of mara and 3 magnus' gift or thereabouts). Divines trait, 2 enchanted with stamina boosts, the rest and jewellery magicka boosts
Birthsign: ritual

Solo bar (bow): radiant glory, draining shot, reflective light, bombard, luminous shards, solar prison
Heal bar (resto): illustrious healing, aurora javelin, healing ward, honor the dead, siphon spirit, practiced incantation

I use the bow for the CC effects, not damage (note that you've also got the heavy attack from stealth as an opener). Its dps is in the shitter because i've got low max stamina. On the other hand reflective light pumps out loads of damage and you've got that ult you can dump down in the middle of a crowd of mobs, and the rest of the time you just stop things from getting to you with all the CC stuff

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Cool. I have not been playing any of my healer alts of late. Still messing about with an AoE Shield Stam Sorc.

I figure having a damage ult on your healer is really important. The healer will generate ult very fast since they get the ult buff from anyone they are healing who has triggered it. I guess that means if you're being healed by a healer make sure to keep up light attacks every 8 seconds or so to keep the ult buff triggered. And I am thinking for the healer that cycle of life with heavy Resto attacks between heals would both restore Magicka and keep the ult buff going? Am I getting that right?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Sending invite out now.

It kind of is, though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ZOS doesn't offer support for third party addons. Most developers don't. Expecting them to take time to make your dozens of mods work flawlessly is a little ridiculous.

Or do you mean disabling addons doesn't fix the stuttering? If that's the case, gently caress yeah, they need to get to work fixing that.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That is correct. Light/Heavy attacks, blocking/taking damage, and healing those who are doing the former two all provide a 6 second window where ultimate is generated. There's also stuff like class passives (NBs have two passives that allow them to generate ultimate when using potions or Siphon class skills), and Champion tree passives (The Synergizer passive in the Thief constellation grants you additional ultimate when activating a skill synergy).

Although contributing to damage as a healer is important, I wouldn't exactly place priority on a damage dealing ultimate over an ultimate that provides some form of utility. Of course Templars have Solar Prison which is a drat good example of a utility based Ultimate (snare, damage reduction, and a synergy that provides a hard CC) that also deals good damage. On my sorcerer healer I usually rolled Suppression Field for trash mobbing (mass CC, clears all AoE effects), and Energy Overload for dealing damage (EO light attacks hit upwards of 25k when spec'd right).

Vug, templars have always had it easy in terms of PvE.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Last boss fight in Veteran CoH:

We're in the final phase. Met requirements for gold key. We're trying to burn down boss, then the tank dies. Nerien'eth comes after me, can't roll dodge forever because lolgottanerfrolldodgebecausepeopleinpvpwhinedaboutit so I end up getting taken down due to running out of stamina. What do the two dps do? Do they resurrect me because as the healer I'm needed to keep the group alive? No.

They wolf out and start clawing at Nerien'eth. With 15% health to go.

:suicide::suicide::suicide:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Let's figure out a way to magically make my tank Max VR so I can come with you folks without any real effort or time investment.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
In the EP Chillrend campaign, there's a place that's damp and blue. Where the xp grows on daedra, and no one's ganking you.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I haven't gone to cyrrodil yet. Sorc is level 27 or something. Worth doing that now while IC fever is still running high? If I do that to level is it worth speccing what I have in fighters guild skills, dropping those on an overload bar or something?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
I just run around with my regular PvE build in there. The gankers are scrub-tier (they have no idea what to do if you bring detect potions, for example), the xp is great, and you get access to the new mats. Ideally you should be v15+ so you can decon the gear you pick up for even more mats, but it's still fun either way.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Heh... I am scrub tier. I have no idea what to do if you use a detect potion. Run?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

tgidieday posted:

In the EP Chillrend campaign, there's a place that's damp and blue. Where the xp grows on daedra, and no one's ganking you.

Too bad we control next to no forts.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gee I wonder if ZoS listened to the whiny PvE crowd about gated acc-

Oh wait they did. That's how I'm able to gank AD scrubs for their TV stones and run off with a 30k shield. Because people whine enough so that IC launches with open access across all PvP instances.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

Gee I wonder if ZoS listened to the whiny PvE crowd about gated acc-

Oh wait they did. That's how I'm able to gank AD scrubs for their TV stones and run off with a 30k shield. Because people whine enough so that IC launches with open access across all PvP instances.

I wish I knew what this meant.

One of my favorite forms of PvP are games that have dedicated areas, but also have areas with valuable items and critical PvE quests that are PvP in PvP zones peppered around the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

I wish I knew what this meant.

One of my favorite forms of PvP are games that have dedicated areas, but also have areas with valuable items and critical PvE quests that are PvP in PvP zones peppered around the game.

Imperial City was originally slated to launch with restricted access. Access to the city could only be gained if you met certain conditions in Cyrodiil (control of keeps, emperorship for your alliance, etc.). Basically meant as a reward for people who dominated Cyro, while also providing the other alliances a chance to retake Cyrodiil itself while your faction was in the city, thus locking you out.

BUT

The PvE crowd cried foul because that essentially meant (to them) that they would be "forced" into PvP just to access new PvE content (and by extension, the new materials and gear in the update). This of course implied that they would be nothing but cannon fodder for the seasoned PvP crowd to take their stones and run off (because of the "loss of stones on player death" rule in IC). Also, they cried because they want instant gratification for DLC (as in "I paid for it so I want it NOW" kinda thing).

So ZOS gave in and right before the launch of IC last week, announced that for a time period after launch, Imperial City would be accessible by all factions in all PvP instances without any special requirements, basically a win for the PvE whiners. This pissed off some of the PvP crowd because now the IC was just another standard piece of PvE content with elements of PvP thrown in, and predicted correctly that after launch, Cyrodiil itself would be empty because everyone would be in the city itself. Some lauded it because with the rule of "kill a player and get their Tel Var stones" it basically meant they were going to be farming unsuspecting PvE players in IC for their mass stones.

Ironically enough, with the additional changes in the base game's patch, PvE groups are basically superior because 2.1 made PvP more of a numbers game over a game of skill. Zergs run rampant in IC and good PvP battles are nowhere to be found. Not to mention that you can instantly respawn in the same district you were killed in meant that dying in IC meant basically nothing as you could immediately go after the guy who killed you and either bug him until you killed him or he managed to get away.

In the spirit of Bethesda, ZOS also scrapped a whole slew of interesting mechanics for Imperial City (district control, IC-exclusive siege engines) because :effort:.

• Locked thread