Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Meowbot posted:

I'm trying to spend daybreak cash and it just won't work when I try to add more funds.

I get a payment error through firefox, IE, chrome and same issue with paypal. I've tried multiple computers for 3 days now. When I try it through game it says "Failed to finalize final cost. Try again later." and I've tried for 3 days. I opened a ticket with daybreak 3 days ago and have had no response. I tried calling them but can't authenticate the account since I can't remember my security question ... this sucks since there is no way to buy marketplace items and I just want to give them money. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

I remember something about 2 or 3 failed payments locks your account for 24 hours for any RL transactions. If you tried again during the lock out period, it reset the lock out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Some banks really don't like Sony/daybreak system if using debit or whatever, have you tried another card?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Honestly, Paypal is the less complicated of any of the payments. Plus, if you decide to go abroad for business w/e, it will still work without having to gently caress around with a VPN to set up a sub or one off payment(s).

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Tai posted:

Honestly, Paypal is the less complicated of any of the payments.

That's been my experience over a smattering of transactions. I never could straight buy things, so I would go through PayPal. Now, a bit of warning in case it happens to anyone else... whenever I would use PayPal it would double charge me for my purchase, and my online banking would show two transactions pending but, once the dust settled, I would only get charged once. Still, it essentially gies you a double "phantom" charge for a few days, so caveat emptor and all that.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

:soe: really did :frogout:

Lyim_X
Oct 30, 2004

jetz0r posted:

Alright, which one of you is austicshitlord on eqlive?

I'm not sure who he is, but I was one of the guys responsible for his suspension.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Lyim_X posted:

I'm not sure who he is, but I was one of the guys responsible for his suspension.

In-game or forums?

If it was in-game, good job helping to suspend a bunch of shitlords.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I hope it was in game. Forum accounts like that are amazing. The TLP forums are really amusing. All of those grognard neckbeards writing up constitutions on when, how, and why they are able to kill a monster in a video game, then stomping their feet and bawling when something goes wrong. I hope all the Krono purchases has made these servers worth it for Daybreak. Myself, I would have pulled the plug on Ragefire a long, long time ago.

Ragefire was a fun server to play on. Then you started noticing other people.

Lyim_X
Oct 30, 2004

jetz0r posted:

In-game or forums?

If it was in-game, good job helping to suspend a bunch of shitlords.

It was in game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Lyim_X posted:

It was in game.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lyim_X posted:

It was in game.

Awesome job. You can die at peace knowing you've made the world a better place.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

been dicking around on test for the past two days. It's so interesting, I really do love that P99 and TLE old school stuff, but I can't say I love it any more or less than some of the newer content as well. In fact, because I now have more responsibility than I did years ago, I can't commit to anything real anymore. Something about the current state of live, and how even raid guilds are pretty whatever on if you show up or not (Granted no one is really raiding successfully on test) makes it very pleasant for the three months out of the year I log in.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Who is excited for the new expansion? It has four new zones! Four! Can you even count that high?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

gently caress that, for the same $34.99 you can buy a 40 slot bag and 3 25% exp boost potions on the progression server. Just one per account, though. Don't wanna ruin the bag economy.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ther was a time when paying real money for in game items got you something cooler than a bag.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Node posted:

Who is excited for the new expansion? It has four new zones! Four! Can you even count that high?

I would be if test still got free expansions. I'm more excited for the last expansion to finally be free on test so we can mobilize more raiders.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Anyone interested in starting some characters on Ragefire? Thinking about starting something new there.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Malt posted:

Anyone interested in starting some characters on Ragefire? Thinking about starting something new there.

Stay the gently caress away from TLP for the love of god.

Shambles
Dec 8, 2003

Node posted:

Stay the gently caress away from TLP for the love of god.

You can ignore half of the miserable fucks that say poo poo like this, it's really not as bad as some vocal minorities keep spewing.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Shambles posted:

You can ignore half of the miserable fucks that say poo poo like this, it's really not as bad as some vocal minorities keep spewing.

Oh I know.

Anyways.. Right now the group is looking like Paladin, Shaman, Necro, Bard.. 2 spots for whatever really if anyone else wants to join in.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Shambles posted:

Listen to the other miserable half, though.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

TLP is fine but i stopped playing after labor day weekend because the exp bonus spoiled me.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I wish they would merge all servers. Leave Zek, FV, Everything else, and test.

I wish I knew official numbers of players online for every server, that lovely bargraph on the website doesn't do it for me.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
I need a goon friend to loan me a Krono for about 30 minutes. I let my account lapse and I'm in a financial rut at the minute but I have enough plat/cash drops on Lockjaw to pick up a few Krono if I could get to it.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Oops

Apze
Jul 4, 2014
I play on RF and I'm having a great time. There's still people in some of the classic dungeons, although with kunark open a lot of the traffic has transferred there. Pretty healthy 30-50 game but not much to do at 60. These should really start with velious (or even better luclin) unlocked.

thewhitehand
Sep 11, 2008
Are any of y'all on FV?

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

thewhitehand posted:

Are any of y'all on FV?

I was from 01 to 05 :)

Been thinking about firing up and seeing if my wizard still exists over there.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Apze posted:

I play on RF and I'm having a great time. There's still people in some of the classic dungeons, although with kunark open a lot of the traffic has transferred there. Pretty healthy 30-50 game but not much to do at 60. These should really start with velious (or even better luclin) unlocked.

LOL - nice message from 2002

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I'm up to 57 on Ragefire. The raid scene may be a mess, but the grouping game is very strong 1-60. As a tank I've been grouping since the 20's and rarely go more than a few minutes without finding a group.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Returning to an old acount.

How do I krono with in game money? Want to enable all access with the resources my 15 year old account has.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Kilazar posted:

Returning to an old acount.

How do I krono with in game money? Want to enable all access with the resources my 15 year old account has.

You can buy Krono in the bazaar.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

unoplank posted:

You can buy Krono in the bazaar.

Thanks!

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Any guilds on the TLP's?

Just got all access to try one out. Going to hop on lockjaw.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Is everyone excited for the new expansion tomorrow? We're going to have

7 zones, 4? of which are recycled, retextured ones
Items that do not have names, icons, procs, or have the correct classes (the knight two hander can be used by a few other classes, for example)
Augmentations that are not lore and are tradable
Raids that do not give credit, preventing any testing of raids after it
Raids that have mechanics that simply don't work
Spells that do not work
No way to zone out of Plane of Health

And minor features like nothing being Findable and incorrect graphic previews (one weapon's graphic is a gigantic rear end painting of The Broken Mirror)

The only thing that actually works are alternate abilities, and big shocker, Dzarn (the only competent developer) did them this expansion.

I'm excited. I have my box of Depends and buckets of Bengay and enough Hot Pockets to last me a month.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

Is everyone excited for the new expansion tomorrow? We're going to have

7 zones, 4? of which are recycled, retextured ones
Items that do not have names, icons, procs, or have the correct classes (the knight two hander can be used by a few other classes, for example)
Augmentations that are not lore and are tradable
Raids that do not give credit, preventing any testing of raids after it
Raids that have mechanics that simply don't work
Spells that do not work
No way to zone out of Plane of Health

And minor features like nothing being Findable and incorrect graphic previews (one weapon's graphic is a gigantic rear end painting of The Broken Mirror)

The only thing that actually works are alternate abilities, and big shocker, Dzarn (the only competent developer) did them this expansion.

I'm excited. I have my box of Depends and buckets of Bengay and enough Hot Pockets to last me a month.

Node, buddy, I didn't want to be the one to say this: you can do better!

Just throw some roast in a crockpot when you start raiding and by the time you guys are on the 8th corpse run it will be ready and way better that hot pockets.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Ninkobei posted:

Node, buddy, I didn't want to be the one to say this: you can do better!

Just throw some roast in a crockpot when you start raiding and by the time you guys are on the 8th corpse run it will be ready and way better that hot pockets.

"Corpse run?" Stop trolling me.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Truly a new age in the EverQuest experience, You're In Our World Now!

(I wonder how much Dzarn makes as I imagine it can only be listed as 'not enough')

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'd love to know the stats on what the break even point is on keeping EQ alive and how many subscribers they need to do it. Cause with how bad they're phoning these expansions in, it's gotta be a really low number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

Kilazar posted:

Any guilds on the TLP's?

Just got all access to try one out. Going to hop on lockjaw.

There's a new supposedly no-box TLP opening by the end of the year, waiting for that one and I think a few other goons are too. No-box meaning it'll take slightly more work to box and probably still be dominated by 6-box mage groups, but who knows what they'll pull off.