Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Zsinjeh posted:

The previous CSOMG (combined sum of mankind's greatness) was Reality Show Show

but before that we just wandered in darkness, an unending sorrow and apathy plaguing our existence. No purpose lived.

Hey just to clear this up: he was making fun of you for not knowing what words mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Hey just to clear this up: he was making fun of you for not knowing what words mean.

Thanks.

This helped.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I feel like I've heard Sean explain the show as "the worst conversation you've had in an audition waiting room" which, to me, brings to mind exactly the right sort of mindset you need to play along with the show, if you're a creative or funny person in the slightest. I think a lot of older comedians get defensive or stubborn about their ways though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My favorite episodes of HH are when the guest gets really mad at Sean and Hayes.

Or the Letterman episode that was hilarious.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The end of the Erin Whitehead episode is also recommended to get a hold on HH.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The latest episode of Lauren Lapkus is the podcast at its best. They should have multiple guests more often because it gets in a rut with the 1 on 1 improv.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Anyone in L.A. go to the Podcast Festival in years past? It's not all the way in Santa Monica anymore so I'm thinking of getting a ticket for Sunday. I haven't missed a live Hollywood Handbook yet and there's Todd Glass, Superego, and Greg Proops that day too.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

I just got around to listening to the Pauly Shore episode last night. I kinda felt bad for him at first because he was so obviously clueless and a bit uncomfortable with being there, but he was enough of a prick about things for that to go away pretty quickly. Really great ep all around, what with Sean getting called a homo and Hayes' explanation of The Popcorn Gallery, but Engineer Cody Cody definitely stole the show.
well we found out in the newest episode that pauly shore was actually a great guest that played along perfectly and called sean a homo just like he asked him to

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Scott and Scott have to either get the ol band back together for a U talkin u2 to me pod or get on over to comedy bing bong because ol Adam has a new movie coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6cVyoMH4QE

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

GobiasIndustries posted:

I just got around to listening to the Pauly Shore episode last night. I kinda felt bad for him at first because he was so obviously clueless and a bit uncomfortable with being there, but he was enough of a prick about things for that to go away pretty quickly. Really great ep all around, what with Sean getting called a homo and Hayes' explanation of The Popcorn Gallery, but Engineer Cody Cody definitely stole the show.

I think you mean Jock Hairy Strap. or is it Jacques

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Everyone is in agreement that The Travel Bug With August Lindt and Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon are two of the greatest comedy podcasts of all time, right?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

LesterGroans posted:

Everyone is in agreement that The Travel Bug With August Lindt and Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon are two of the greatest comedy podcasts of all time, right?

I'd probably add Eye on Theater to complete that trinity. All the Don DiMello unpleasantness you can stomach, plus the DiMello/Marissa Wompler crossover I never even knew I wanted!

Speaking of Marissa, I've been enjoying Womp It Up pretty consistently, but my biggest laugh in a while came from St. Clair/Wompler's Playing House plug a few episodes back: "Coupla dykes raise a baby."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Berzerker posted:

I think you mean Jock Hairy Strap. or is it Jacques

Oh shoot that's right. Engineer Cody Jacques Hairy Strap.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

How did it take 204 episodes to get Convoy on Improv4Humans?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This I4H is so good, it's the perfect marriage of fun and inventive that I love. I want them on way more often.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Convoy is great. If you are in LA, pay the five bucks to see their Thursday night show at ucb. It's the best improv show in town. And you also get to see last day of school with Paul Rust and Neil Campbell on the same bill. But for real, Convoy.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LesterGroans posted:

The whole project is just non-stop wonderful.

I don't recall a single episode that wasn't brilliant.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Some dedicated scoop troopers on r/earwolf

There was a video game advertised on HH recently, anyone remember the name?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

wafflesnsegways posted:

Convoy is great. If you are in LA, pay the five bucks to see their Thursday night show at ucb. It's the best improv show in town. And you also get to see last day of school with Paul Rust and Neil Campbell on the same bill. But for real, Convoy.

I did this while I was in LA. Neil wasn't there, but Convoy more than made up for it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Koburn posted:

There was a video game advertised on HH recently, anyone remember the name?

Lasso Games, kickstarting "Levantera: Tale of the Winds"

Much like HH, this is not really finding a wide audience.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

LesterGroans posted:

If I had to come up with my three favorite podcasts at any given time, the only challenge would be what else to put alongside these exact two episodes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I only listened to the first episode but it's a masterclass in what a horrible podcast should be.

Dude: Goodfellas is so good!!!!!!!!!!!
Lady: Uh, actually, it's not because the August 20th 1990 issue of The Star Ledger quotes a member of the Italian Anti-Defemation League who says its portrayal of Italians is racist.
Dude: That's so stupid!!!!! The movie is amazing!!!!!

That first episode was a really bad one for both of them and especially Amy Nicholson, but it went way uphill from there.

I think the Jerry Maguire episode alone is more interesting than the like 10 episodes of Maltin on Movies that I listened to before realizing if I just had a list of like "5 Matthew McConaughey movies that were made after the Lincoln Lawyer" it would have about the same amount of content as the McConaughey episode. The only mildly surprising opinion I remember is how negative they were about Dead Again.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I think most people (understandably) dropped The Canon after the first few really rough episodes. It's still got issues, but after settling into its groove it really is one of the most thoughtful and interesting non-comedic movie podcasts out there at this point.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Punch Card posted:

If I had to come up with my three favorite podcasts at any given time, the only challenge would be what else to put alongside these exact two episodes.

Travel Bug is the greatest accomplishment in human existence.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Authorman posted:

Travel Bug is the greatest accomplishment in human existence.

OHHHHHH LA LA

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

soggybagel posted:

OHHHHHH LA LA

Who was doing that voice? Besser?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

Who was doing that voice? Besser?

I'm pretty sure.

"Did he say the N-word?"

My favorite podcast line:
"Its a little difficult to hear suggestions on how to kill myself from my children, I have to admit. It's difficult - I don't hate it, but it's difficult."

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 11, 2015

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
That episode also has what might be the loudest off mic PFT laughs in the history of podcasts.

Also, "ovulating moodsacks".

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Eel hovercraft posted:

That episode also has what might be the loudest off mic PFT laughs in the history of podcasts.

PFT losing it at "I ate a whole roll of...quarters" in the Science Fair episode of Spontanenation may have surpassed it - it's not as loud, but his laughter goes on for 20 solid seconds. And even when he gets back into the scene, he's close to breaking all over again.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm pretty sure the actual winner is when Andy Daily says the movie is about these whales who wants to kill people so they do the right thing and put them in the jail re blackfish in the travel bug with August Lindt episode of the Andy Daily pilot project. Check it out now before its lost forever to howl.fm

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

He just keeps laughing while everyone else changes topic....

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

There's one other really big pft laugh in that ep too probably when Besser asks if Tim tread well said the n word but it might be tips for cooking a boy. I don't remember.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I'm pretty sure the actual winner is when Andy Daily says the movie is about these whales who wants to kill people so they do the right thing and put them in the jail re blackfish in the travel bug with August Lindt episode of the Andy Daily pilot project. Check it out now before its lost forever to howl.fm

I think they called out the Andy Daly pilot project and U taking U2 2 me as not going behind a pay wall.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I'm pretty sure the actual winner is when Andy Daily says the movie is about these whales who wants to kill people so they do the right thing and put them in the jail re blackfish in the travel bug with August Lindt episode of the Andy Daily pilot project.

I think that laugh came from Matt Gourley, can Jeff Ulrich pop in to confirm/deny?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The best PFT laugh in The Travel Bug is when August mentions the Unsinkable Molly Brown museum where you can learn about how she didn't die on a boat. In my personal opinion. No flame wars please

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
there is no bad opinion on subjective comedy but you are wrong and i hope you die

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Big PFT laugh when they talk about how close they've all been to Skokie.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Edit: I can't read posts I am stupid.

But yeah, the Unsinkable Molly Brown house is the biggest PFT laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was reading that 'Howl questions for Scott' thing on the Earwolf forums today and I realised that I was totally misunderstanding the ad free thing. It's only the archives that are ad free. So if you listened to a new episode of CBB/HH/whatever on Howl, it would still have ads until six months from now

Maybe it was just me being dumb or something, but I was thinking Howl = no ads ever