Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Place your bets on when Tinkov will clamour for Dumoulin to get the same penalty Porte got after Lotto Jumbo help chase down Majka or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
FFS Purito :(

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
So have we decided if this Vuelta is more or less believable than Horners? Its real 'omg world class TTer brad wiggins can suddenly contend for GTs' style stuff. I know im cynical and all (coz im a cycling fan) but idk.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What are the rules against collusion between teams? There is something, right?

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
There was that Columbian guy who helped Quintana at the tour, but it's not like Lampre made a public statement saying this was their intention before it happened. I doubt anything but angry comments from Aru fans will come from it.
There's the rule that stung Porte at the Giro, but mechanical assistance is specifically limited to the technical personnel of the rider's team, the neutral service car or the broom wagon.
I wonder if teammates qualify as technical personnel, or if swapping bikes with a teammate is technically cheating?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Box Hill Strangler posted:

So have we decided if this Vuelta is more or less believable than Horners? Its real 'omg world class TTer brad wiggins can suddenly contend for GTs' style stuff. I know im cynical and all (coz im a cycling fan) but idk.

This is why I like track. Are the sprinters on HgH? Goddamn rights they are. Now that we've established that, let's have some races.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's Big Mig credible, I guess. Take that as you will.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Frank Schleck winning a stage said it all

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Box Hill Strangler posted:

The sooner cycling fans get over the idea that there are clean riders the better the sport will be, everyone dopes now. The only fear I have is how its going to be in 10-20 years time, when the world is full of sportsmen and women who all are built like the Williams sisters thanks to their parents, as doping for at least the past decade has been the only way to win in any sport (Snooker may be the exception, but gently caress snooker).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Snooker and darts lost a lot of charm when they stopped the "professionals" drinking during the games.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

ukle posted:

The sooner cycling fans get over the idea that there are clean riders the better the sport will be, everyone dopes now. The only fear I have is how its going to be in 10-20 years time, when the world is full of sportsmen and women who all are built like the Williams sisters thanks to their parents, as doping for at least the past decade has been the only way to win in any sport (Snooker may be the exception, but gently caress snooker).

Nah, snooker players are probably all on beta blockers.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Good job Purito

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
i hope Dumoulin wins. I hate Aru

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

i hope Dumoulin wins. I hate Aru

I think everyone hates Aru.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I enjoy his faces, and I enjoy saying his name Aruuuuuu

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Astana want to win the stage for the time bonus I guess. Would be funny if they dragged Dumoulin to the line and he outsprinted them though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lol they can't drop him!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's just stalking.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dumoulin to shoot off and overtake the break for the win bonus too?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Skarsnik posted:

I enjoy his faces, and I enjoy saying his name Aruuuuuu

Lorde even did a song about him

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dumoulin and Aru both down in a crash today, Aru looks a bit hurt but both are still going.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

In my mind they played a game of chicken and no one chickened out. No one tell me this is not what happened

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

serious gaylord posted:

Dumoulin and Aru both down in a crash today, Aru looks a bit hurt but both are still going.

Apparently Dumoulin didn't crash.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

IndustrialApe posted:

Apparently Dumoulin didn't crash.

Weird, they said they both went down. Maybe he just got held up and a damaged bike?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nice castle that

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Holy poo poo Degenkolb and Dumoulin are gapping Aru

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Eat poo poo Aru

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Go on Tom.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Just ~2 seconds but man, that attack owned

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That was a lot of effort for 2 seconds, but that was awesome.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I finally watched the GC finish. I loved Aru flapping his elbows to get Pozzovivo to pull through and the Astana boys arguing as they rolled across the line.

Tomorrows going to be sick and I'm going to miss it.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Looks like Aru was sanctioned 10 seconds for a hand launch.

http://www.cyclingpro.net/velopro/road/fabio-aru-sanctionne

accipter fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 12, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

accipter posted:

Looks like Aru was sanctioned 10 seconds for a hand launch.

http://www.cyclingpro.net/velopro/road/fabio-aru-sanctionne

He got away with it

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

So 3 teams helping him tomorrow?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

loving awesome

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I hope they do it too

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Movistar stayed at my hotel the other day and ate breakfast next to my table. I chatted very briefly with Quintana and apparently his entire family stays in Colombia when he races.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Is it that Tom is really nice and popular or that people just don't like Astana/Aru?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

net work error posted:

Is it that Tom is really nice and popular or that people just don't like Astana/Aru?

Its because Tinkov is still pissed off at them for attacking when Contador was changing his bike.