Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sigma X posted:

Ya know, when I was in high school "chode" referred to a dick that was at least as wide as it was long. Now it's AKA the taint? What has the world come to?

As far as I know, chode has always referred to the taintal area, and I've been out of high school a really long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sigma X posted:

Ya know, when I was in high school "chode" referred to a dick that was at least as wide as it was long. Now it's AKA the taint? What has the world come to?

Like a pancake dick? That's weird. Chode has always referred to the taint to me.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
In the ongoing adventures of my brother's truck/SUV search, he bought an '06 Trailblazer last night.

A family friend works at a local dealer, and on their Toyota lot they had this Trailblazer. 155k miles. They put about two grand into it (I saw the paperwork) - brand new tires, a wheel bearing, tie rods, serp belt, rear brakes, oil. Transmission fluid and coolant both looked good. Got it for $5700 which I think is a pretty good deal. I guess the dealer only made $200 on it. I hate GM but this seemed alright and he loves it so :shrug:

Other than the usual scratches and dings, the only thing wrong with it that I could find is that the blower cuts out at 4 & 5. Anybody know how easy it is to replace the blower resistor in these?

Also, anybody want a beat-to-hell but mechanically sound '98 Honda Accord (his old car) for a thousand bucks?

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Unfortunately, on the Nexus 6, you cannot flash an image without unlocking the bootloader. And there's the problem. Seems like the "Allow OEM Unlock" must be checked in Developer Options before you can unlock it. If you can't get to Developer Options because the phone is hosed? Bricked.

>fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) Check 'Allow OEM Unlock' in Developer Options.
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.005s

:thumbsup:

Oh. Right.

I unlocked my 6 day one, and did that toggle when it was added, so I missed most of that excitement.

:(

Alarbus fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 11, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Going to look at a miata today. Hopefully I don't get murdered, it's in kind of a lovely area and the price is suspiciously good. :toot:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Great Beer posted:

Going to look at a miata today. Hopefully I don't get murdered, it's in kind of a lovely area and the price is suspiciously good. :toot:

RIP Beer.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

CornHolio posted:

In the ongoing adventures of my brother's truck/SUV search, he bought an '06 Trailblazer last night.

A family friend works at a local dealer, and on their Toyota lot they had this Trailblazer. 155k miles. They put about two grand into it (I saw the paperwork) - brand new tires, a wheel bearing, tie rods, serp belt, rear brakes, oil. Transmission fluid and coolant both looked good. Got it for $5700 which I think is a pretty good deal. I guess the dealer only made $200 on it. I hate GM but this seemed alright and he loves it so :shrug:

Other than the usual scratches and dings, the only thing wrong with it that I could find is that the blower cuts out at 4 & 5. Anybody know how easy it is to replace the blower resistor in these?

Also, anybody want a beat-to-hell but mechanically sound '98 Honda Accord (his old car) for a thousand bucks?

No clue about the blower resistor but those aren't terrible trucks. We have a few at my office for cell site testing and while the interior is typical GM they drive pretty well, the I6 is a decent engine, and they seem to hold up to the usual fleet-vehicle abuse my coworkers subject them to. I think the only component you really have to watch out for is the bizarro electronic fan clutch.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I am liking all these new hard root beers that are suddenly available in my area. Had some "not your fathers" a few weeks ago, and while good for a change it was still pretty sweet and syrupy. Had some "coney island brewing" and while still slightly chemically testing I thought it was better than not your fathers.

Still rather drink a diet root beer + vodka for calories sake, but its nice to drink out of a bottle occasionally.

Great Beer posted:

I went to look at a few cars in lovely areas. The first was a 90s volvo where the headlights would never turn off, the guy played it off as no big deal but he had to hook a battery charger just to turn it on. I passed. The second car was a ford explorer that was fine when I went for a test drive, but on the longer ride home I started getting a blinking transmission light. Look that poo poo over well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gently caress my manager.

Me and another guy are working from home. Somehow she assigns me five quotes to work on and him three and then gives me another one of his today.

So I'm now doing three loving times the amount of work this guy is just because he's a lazy gently caress who can't do a days work. Seriously just want to quit this loving bullshit.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

People are complaining about their emails going out encrypted and WHY IS THIS HAPPENING THERE IS NO PHI OR SSN HALLLLPPPPPP

*looks in logs*

Desktop plugin trigger to send encrypted message

"hello, yes mrs derp, I have figured out why. You are clicking the send encrypted button instead of the regular send button"

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

zundfolge posted:

No clue about the blower resistor but those aren't terrible trucks. We have a few at my office for cell site testing and while the interior is typical GM they drive pretty well, the I6 is a decent engine, and they seem to hold up to the usual fleet-vehicle abuse my coworkers subject them to. I think the only component you really have to watch out for is the bizarro electronic fan clutch.

What's the deal with the fan clutch? I'm not familiar at all with these things but I'll likely be working on it for him and am trying to gather as much information as I can.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cage posted:

I am liking all these new hard root beers that are suddenly available in my area. Had some "not your fathers" a few weeks ago, and while good for a change it was still pretty sweet and syrupy. Had some "coney island brewing" and while still slightly chemically testing I thought it was better than not your fathers.

Not your fathers is still pretty good if you can't decide between soda or beer. I've been drinking a bunch of ciders lately, pretty much any I can get my hands on. They're just about perfect for drinking while working in a hot rear end garage in the florida summer. Nice and refreshing without really being heavy.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

corn in the fridge posted:

idk you don't seem to be doing yourself any favours. Most ppl in this forum seem to be hobbyists and not professionals so I don't expect many to understand, but it's far too easy to write off being a mechanic as a poo poo and horrible job. It's just like any job where what you get out of it is what you put into it. There are some really rewarding opportunities out there in this field which is why I've spent the better part of a decade building a solid reputation so when that opportunity came about id be ready for it. Or at the very least I'd have a solid and loyal customer base should I decide to work for myself.

I'm not saying you can't have bad days or that every job has to be immaculate but the nature of those mistakes you've described show a severe lack of care and professionalism which is worrisome. If your manager has any care in his own job he will have disciplined you harshly cuz if you had pulled that sort of poo poo while working for me you'd have one foot out the door already

Can you, bape/a5h, track day bro!, and your other butt buddy Breath Ray, don't think you aren't loving obvious, seeing as you started low effort trolling about 5 minutes after the other 3 got probated, post exactly the same aimspeak byob/fyad-lite spew as the others, and are just as useless just go be shitlords somewhere else? That would be awesome thanks.

CornHolio posted:

I actually kinda like the Atlas 4200. Inline 6, makes high 200s horsepower wise, can be mated to an NV3550 or AX15/R150 series/MA5/AR5 using Colorado I5 parts, etc.

As zundfolge noted the weak point is the stupid loving electronic fan clutch, and I hear the brake lines rot too. No big deal, replace em and move on with your life.

I tried to get my parents to buy one but they got a 2001 5.0L Explorer instead. Oh well, at least they got the least bad Explorer.

bolind posted:

Go troll somewhere else. Although you're slipping up; I noticed a few capitalized letters in your post.

Agreed.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ozmiander posted:

You're a loser who smokes animal poo poo, lives in a hovel and threatens violence at low effort trolling.
And yet we still like him more than you.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
drat, beaten in the anus on sailboat mast rake chat. Some classes take prevent very seriously and will measure it for class events. Make sure your forestay is legal, boys!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

InitialDave posted:

And yet we still like him more than you.

You know Oz is just screwing around right? He didn't mean that seriously :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I wish GBS would quit leaking like an rear end in a top hat that has been raped with a rake.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

Figured it was a possibility, but still. I take my opportunities to be acerbic as and when they present themselves.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

kastein posted:

Suuuuure... he was being ironic (which is the backpedal after he's called on his bullshit). :rolleyes:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Suuuuure... he was being ironic (which is the backpedal after he's called on his bullshit). :rolleyes:

He mentioned this to me and others elsewhere far before being called out on it. Sheesh.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

kastein posted:

I actually kinda like the Atlas 4200. Inline 6, makes high 200s horsepower wise, can be mated to an NV3550 or AX15/R150 series/MA5/AR5 using Colorado I5 parts, etc.

I'd been trying to find out if it was better/worse than the old 4.3L V6, which I understand is nigh indestructible. It's a moot point now anyway but I'm curious as to thoughts on the matter.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

He mentioned this to me and others elsewhere far before being called out on it. Sheesh.

And there's the problem with backchannel bs.

CornHolio posted:

I'd been trying to find out if it was better/worse than the old 4.3L V6, which I understand is nigh indestructible. It's a moot point now anyway but I'm curious as to thoughts on the matter.

I'm looking for a beater 7-passenger thingie and you put the Trailblazer/Envoy on my radar. I'm interested in hearing how it holds up / what to watch for.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Elmnt80 posted:

Not your fathers is still pretty good if you can't decide between soda or beer. I've been drinking a bunch of ciders lately, pretty much any I can get my hands on. They're just about perfect for drinking while working in a hot rear end garage in the florida summer. Nice and refreshing without really being heavy.
Do you drink any with a decent abv %? I do like hard cider but being a bigger guy I don't really bother with stuff thats less then 6% or so.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

meatpimp posted:

And there's the problem with backchannel bs.

It's fun and people fall for it? That's a problem? :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

kastein posted:

kastein posted:

Can you, bape/a5h, track day bro!, and your other butt buddy Breath Ray, don't think you aren't loving obvious, seeing as you started low effort trolling about 5 minutes after the other 3 got probated, post exactly the same aimspeak byob/fyad-lite spew as the others, and are just as useless just go be shitlords somewhere else? That would be awesome thanks.

:question: UHHHHHHH :question:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

kastein posted:

So when your buddy trolls, it's funny. However, when someone else does, it's not funny. Gotcha.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

meatpimp posted:

So when your buddy trolls, it's funny. However, when someone else does, it's not funny. Gotcha.

Exactly. I'm glad you understand this.

I could care less in the chat thread. It's basically just trolls pissing in an ocean of piss. When the idiots (or trolling, depending on your point of view) overflow into threads that are actually supposed to be about something, that gets somewhat annoying.

Adiabatic: I am going to totally run you over with a souped up mobility cart :arghfist::corsair:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
nice backpedaling

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The Japanese car magazine rumor mills are flush with varying "leaked" S2000 concepts. Except each one looks slightly different and all of them look like the S660 and the NSX Concept had a baby. In a bad way.

However they all seem to agree that it'll be a 2+2 coupe, because that's what everyone remembers most fondly about the original S2000. :psyduck: On the one hand it seems pretty ridiculous, on the other hand I half believe Honda would try something like that.

(Also had another RX-9 concept rumor in one of the magazines made of a new Mazda 6 photshopped to be a 2-door, but https://youtu.be/X-LZWMc-OEY?t=21 :allears:)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Get out of my head. :hf:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Guys, chill out. Let's not turn into a Honda/VW car forum bitchfest.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Now we see the violence inherent in the system.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Always 4get (this thread)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Backov posted:

Now we see the violence inherent in the system.

Well I didn't vote for you.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I love how angry everyone here gets over everything. <3

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Guys, chill out. Let's not turn into a Honda/VW car forum bitchfest.

Yeah, let's keep it classy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, let's keep it classy.

Its like a CL ad from hell! :stare:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

RillAkBea posted:

The Japanese car magazine rumor mills are flush with varying "leaked" S2000 concepts. Except each one looks slightly different and all of them look like the S660 and the NSX Concept had a baby. In a bad way.

However they all seem to agree that it'll be a 2+2 coupe, because that's what everyone remembers most fondly about the original S2000. :psyduck: On the one hand it seems pretty ridiculous, on the other hand I half believe Honda would try something like that.

(Also had another RX-9 concept rumor in one of the magazines made of a new Mazda 6 photshopped to be a 2-door, but https://youtu.be/X-LZWMc-OEY?t=21 :allears:)

Just had a quick image search. I quite like this one...

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

CommieGIR posted:

Its like a CL ad from hell! :stare:

Important part to note: It's got FIVE HUNNERT horsepower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Sigma X posted:

Important part to note: It's got FIVE HUNNERT horsepower.

Important note: He completed the transmission TSB

• Locked thread