Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Green Hornet was exactly what I hoped it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I liked Green Hornet, honestly. That car was sweeeet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Green Hornet had a lot of development problems with multiple starts and stops.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Have a date for Jessica Jones.

BREAKING: Marvel's JESSICA JONES to premiere on Netflix on November 20 at 12:01 a.m. PT! Mark your calendars...

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

We also have a teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi5QS6k-eB8

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What song is that?

The tone of that teaser is about what I'd want in an Alias show, so...good.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

What song is that?

Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters and Men.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln3QYLZhn5E

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh no I hate that band!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm still mad that they changed the name of the show so I can't just call it "Akka Jay Jay" for short when I'm trying to blend in with the cool kids of today.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

I'm still mad that they changed the name of the show so I can't just call it "Akka Jay Jay" for short when I'm trying to blend in with the cool kids of today.

Be thankful you were spared being made fun of for not knowing it's "Ay Kay Ay Double Jay" obviously, gawd. :rolleyes:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

redbackground posted:

If it helps I don't think you'd be any less cool using it now than then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I hope they kept the shot of a dude being thrown through the Alias Investigations sign as the opening of the first episode, like in the comics. It's such a perfect tone setter.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

I'm really really excited for this. The image at :33 with Jessica Jones and the Avengers Tower in the background is cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if they'll note that is the same goo that gave Matt his powers?

Though I always thought that and Jessica going to school with Parker were done more as jokes than anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I need to read Alias again but I know there's going to be a sale on it before the show comes out so I'm patiently waiting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

I need to read Alias again but I know there's going to be a sale on it before the show comes out so I'm patiently waiting.

They've already begun reprinting the trades under new branding.

It's now Jessica Jones: Alias.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Okay, so I never got into the comics and I don't have a huge amount of faith in the TV production, but that is an amazing promo image.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's a topsy-turvy look at religion. Also it looks like a flaccid dick. Perfect for Ennis.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Now I've seen some weird-rear end-looking flaccid dicks but that's gotta be the weirdest-looking one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hey look, it's Lady and Mr. Wolverine from Legends of Tomorrow

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

feedmyleg posted:

I'm getting some bad Nite-Owl vibes off those costumes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If you have trouble with cheesy awful costumes Legends of Tomorrow may not be for you.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
it could be worse:

or better, depending on how you look at it

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure Smallville was deliberately taking the piss after a while.

Although I feel like they should give Justin Hartley a small role in the DCTVverse as consolation prize.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 11, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pudgy Michael Shanks should be the example we look to overcome, not emulate.

MikeJF posted:

Although I feel like they should give Justin Hartley a small role in the DCTVverse as consolation prize.

Have him play Connor in a Flash forward.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

MikeJF posted:

I'm pretty sure Smallville was deliberately taking the piss after a while.

He's already working for CBS in a soap opera, it shouldn't be a leap to contract him for a small role on a CW show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

it could be worse:

or better, depending on how you look at it

Looks like he has the Thundercats logo on his chest.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

MikeJF posted:

Justin Hartley should be the Arrow in Alan Scott's universe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

feedmyleg posted:

Man, ya show up to a party and of COURSE someone's wearing the same outfit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mace needs to be bigger. Hawkpeople are the only characters in Legends of Tomorrow I care about and they look fine.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I think they're probably the best live action costumes for the hawk people you could make at this point in time (on a television budget). The test will be the flight effects.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

MrFlibble posted:

I think they're probably the best live action costumes for the hawk people you could make at this point in time (on a television budget). The test will be the flight effects.

Completely agree. Thought beyond just the flight effects, the wings themselves will also be a test. That's really where the costume can fall apart and look like a joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm yet to see someone flying in a tv show that doesn't look bad. At least up close, maybe all the shots will be from a distance?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Firestorm rocketshipping away looked great

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm yet to see someone flying in a tv show that doesn't look bad. At least up close, maybe all the shots will be from a distance?

Giant wing/flying effects is one of the things the Syfy show Dominion does really well.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Mace needs to be bigger. Hawkpeople are the only characters in Legends of Tomorrow I care about and they look fine.

Finally someone else who thinks the maces should be bigger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

VDay posted:

Giant wing/flying effects is one of the things the Syfy show Dominion does really well.

Except for that shot where Noma ripped her wings off, that looked like crap.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Scyantific posted:

Finally someone else who thinks the maces should be bigger.

That was my first thought as well. I know the current size is probably more realistic to what would be practical, but they're flying super-aliens. They don't need to be practical.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
It'll be a running gag where the mace gets bigger with every shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

It'll be a running gag where the mace gets bigger with every shot.

No but you know that there's going to be a joke where a mugger is robbing someone, and she appears and says "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" and the mugger says "Awww is the lil' girl gonna hit me with some mace?" and then she pulls out her actual mace and hits him.