Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
My main priority is to grab a Zeus Vulcan and Hera-Ur for AMinerva on my alt. is Vulcan crazy hard or is he one of the pushover descends? I have great rolls but average levels are in the 50s:

Urd+Gigas/Homura/Kagu/Ult.CaoCai+hypermax AShiva

Also have Chester/Urd dupe for when I get a bit more cost. AMinerva can me max skilled as soon as I make her and is really good for my main to have available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just noticed that they switched up some of the Challenge Dungeon rewards - so instead of getting a Snow Globe dragon worth 2,000,000 exp for clearing Level 5, I get a Latent Tama worth an extra 0.05 seconds of Move Time.

That hardly seems like a fair trade.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They switched the Noel with some poo poo a few challenge dungeons ago. I already forgot what it was.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I got my first coin pii today :toot:

Buuuut, I had to use a stone because I hosed up a combo. Woops!

e:

DaveWoo posted:

Just noticed that they switched up some of the Challenge Dungeon rewards - so instead of getting a Snow Globe dragon worth 2,000,000 exp for clearing Level 5, I get a Latent Tama worth an extra 0.05 seconds of Move Time.

And the Tamadra with 9+s was replaced with 3k MP! Thats almost enough to buy a Tamadara with 0+!!!!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Getting one of those tamas takes like 250-300 stamina, so it is kinda the same, from that point of view.

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
I currently have this box: https://www.padherder.com/user/ShamtRonia/monsters/ and I'm wondering what I should do with my green snow dragon. The only 2 green monsters I have currently are cu chu and avalon drake. I'm tempted to give it to Avalon since Athena seems like a fun team to make and I just got her and it seems like Avalon would be an awesome sub for her. I also don't see Cu Chu in too many teams currently so it seems like perhaps his usefulness has dwindled?

Any opinions on who to feed the snow dragon to or perhaps just save it for a better monster?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

How many do you need? I've gotten 2 this event just running legendary with a ronia/aminerva combo. I just need that drat thoth to drop for my AHorus, then I can throw him on my red devil team with Chester to do Medj for my Isis and Bastet.

It's not the bosses, it's all the evo mats. I'm out of dark and light dub-lits. I wish we could buy those with MP.

I think I've got Sphinx Mythical down now if I ever need more. I used my every day Minerva team so hopefully I won't forget how to clear it.

BTW, when are we getting Ronia cool down reduction? I would like to ult evo this mini ronia but what I really want is the lower cool down.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TheQuietWilds posted:

My main priority is to grab a Zeus Vulcan and Hera-Ur for AMinerva on my alt. is Vulcan crazy hard or is he one of the pushover descends? I have great rolls but average levels are in the 50s:

Urd+Gigas/Homura/Kagu/Ult.CaoCai+hypermax AShiva

Also have Chester/Urd dupe for when I get a bit more cost. AMinerva can me max skilled as soon as I make her and is really good for my main to have available.

You'd get stonewalled on the 2nd floor because of the Volcano Dragon's fire absorb. That team does not have enough recovery to tank though it. He absorbs fire for 10 turns and alternates doing 7k and 9k damage each turn.

Zeus Vulcan is real hard.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

You'd get stonewalled on the 2nd floor because of the Volcano Dragon's fire absorb. That team does not have enough recovery to tank though it. He absorbs fire for 10 turns and alternates doing 7k and 9k damage each turn.

Zeus Vulcan is real hard.

Dammit, I don't have a decent non-mono-red/green team to tackle that with, and ten turns means there's not really the option of stoning through it. I have Lakshmi but not awoken/leveled/etc and no real team to speak of. I need to figure out a way to get him. :(

Goodbee I'll trade you some of my dozen ish dark light for a dub myth.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
yo if you have Urd and aren't doing a couple rolls on Batrem for Harley I don't know what to tell you

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

yo if you have Urd and aren't doing a couple rolls on Batrem for Harley I don't know what to tell you

He already has better Urd subs than her.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't roll on collab gachas. They're always a trap except when they're not.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I thought about this but I have Shiva+Urd/Urd/Kagu/CaoCao, plus Gigas/Homura/Minerva for when I need faster orb changers, plus Harley has no skill-ups. Stuff I can't max skill and isn't worth Piis isn't getting stones. I get that she's a dope Urd sub, but on a non IAP alt I'm just going to blow all my stones on catwomen and be pissed.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Onion Rings posted:

I currently have this box: https://www.padherder.com/user/ShamtRonia/monsters/ and I'm wondering what I should do with my green snow dragon. The only 2 green monsters I have currently are cu chu and avalon drake. I'm tempted to give it to Avalon since Athena seems like a fun team to make and I just got her and it seems like Avalon would be an awesome sub for her. I also don't see Cu Chu in too many teams currently so it seems like perhaps his usefulness has dwindled?

Any opinions on who to feed the snow dragon to or perhaps just save it for a better monster?

Honestly I'd hang onto the Snowglobe until you pull a green monster you absolutely have to have leveled right away. Avalon Drake is a good Athena sub but your Athena isn't evo'd yet and you don't really have the rest of the team ready.

You've got a lot of light gods but not a lot of green. Keep leveling Athena, Apocalypse, Verche, Valk and Arcline and/or Meta. I'd go with Apocalypse over Avalon Drake with your current box. He's got a prong, his active starts out faster, and he combos with Valk and/or Verche if you need more light orbs. I also like the fact that his active makes hearts. I don't know about other people, but I find I need some help healing with Athena. I like him a lot.

Cu Chu is still super useful it's just that Green Valk has the same skill, better stats, another prong and arguably better typing. Or you have a different REM fast orb changer or double orb changer. Cu Chu is not worth a Snowglobe but he is worth leveling, evoing and skilling,

TheQuietWilds posted:

Goodbee I'll trade you some of my dozen ish dark light for a dub myth.

I would take that. I've been feeding dub myths for XP.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Alright! He'll be max skilled as I get piis. Friend me! 330, 735, 290. I keep awoken Horus up to, and I have a yomi that'll be awoken when it arrives.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Do carnivals effect god fest only gods? For example, l.kali in the current light carnival?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only when you're a bad REM roller! Need to improve that dragon paw fondling movements better.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

What if you have a harvey and no Urd?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

What if you have a harvey and no Urd?

Roll Godfest obviously.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TheQuietWilds posted:

Roll Godfest obviously.

Thanks! You're a good friend.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Deep Winter posted:

Do carnivals effect god fest only gods? For example, l.kali in the current light carnival?

No, carnivals/galas only effect the listed cards.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Is the 3x Normals thing up? What T5/6 stage should i be farming ? Last one?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
God I hate No Continue Challenge Dungeons. Floor 9 took way too many attempts to clear. Had to pray for Dark Absorb on Zaerog (50% = 0%). Light Absorb - Awoken Ra's one weakness.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Man, Challenge level 6 is proving surprisingly difficult for me. I wish I had Gigas ready to give me some more health.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

madstrike posted:

Right now, the last stage of Jupiter, since it has the 1.5x% drop bonus.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

madstrike posted:

Yes, and Yes. For future reference, events with 2x Skillup/Experience chance have the 3x normals +egg boost, 2.5x Skillup/EXP events don't have the boost.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Woo, finally max skilled Sarasvati.

That was way more of a slog than I anticipated.

Let's all celebrate by sending me friend requests.

328 543 324

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Batman is the least gotcha of the gachas though.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dwarf74 posted:

Batman is the least gotcha of the gachas though.

Unless you get 13 robins in a row.

Is there an established "phenomenal Nepthys team" defined or is it mostly piecing up converters to dark with dark primary types?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Neph/Z&H/A. Haku/Persephone/Beach Pandora or some sort of bind clear/Neph is good, though I don't know what the absolute best team would be

edit: I have never noticed Beach Pandora's weird eye silhouette behind her hair and it's sort of unnerving now that I see it.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 11, 2015

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

Unless you get 13 robins in a row.

Is there an established "phenomenal Nepthys team" defined or is it mostly piecing up converters to dark with dark primary types?

Not exactly but you need to cover blue and green, gently caress light (you only need to match 3). Obvious choices for blue are Z8 and AHaku, obvious choice for green will be ult Persephone when she gets here. Z&H, DChester, Hanzo, Zuoh, AHades, D/L Batman, D/R Arkham Knight, Aamir and DIza all have niche/utility value depending on the specifics of the level.

EDIT: Oh yeah Z&H is a good option for covering light, as is D/L Batman

EDIT 2: 3x Devilit in a row, plus one of the two dub-myths I need for AHorus, I'm currently one Thoth and a bunch of XP away!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheQuietWilds posted:

Satsuki works nicely as well, if you're going for prongs.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is Green Gleaming Star Kirin, Sakuya it worth?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TheQuietWilds posted:

Not exactly but you need to cover blue and green, gently caress light (you only need to match 3). Obvious choices for blue are Z8 and AHaku, obvious choice for green will be ult Persephone when she gets here. Z&H, DChester, Hanzo, Zuoh, AHades, D/L Batman, D/R Arkham Knight, Aamir and DIza all have niche/utility value depending on the specifics of the level.

EDIT 2: 3x Devilit in a row, plus one of the two dub-myths I need for AHorus, I'm currently one Thoth and a bunch of XP away!

Thanks a lot! My blue options are currently limited to AA Lucifer :v: I really wish I had a haku. With your help I can make up the rest for now though and wait for Perse's new ulti to arrive.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Instead of grinding pluses, decided to grind the "super technicals" so i can grab a Lifive and finally evo my ShivaDragon.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

djwetmouse posted:

Is Green Gleaming Star Kirin, Sakuya it worth?

If you regularly use Sakuya or just have a glut of orbs, definitely; otherwise wait for the awoken ult she'll be getting in the near future.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
Kirin is never getting an awoken ult, her survey ult is gonna be the game's first triple ult

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Vishnu skillups 2/15
Ugh

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Satsuki works nicely as well, if you're going for prongs.

True, I don't really think about her yet since she's so new and not many people have her. Satsuki/Haku/Persephone/Utility would be a great team. Just dark prong and make two additional combos of other colors. Especially if you had DValk for the final slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I kinda stopped playing(aka only loging for stones/tamas) after the BFF system came live in NA so i never got to do any BFF triangle goodness.

Anybody still out there that hasn't selected a BFF and wants to form a triangle?

I mainly use Red(ShivaDragon, Shiva, Urd, Ronia) or Dark(DMeta, Batmen, maybe Durga now)

• Locked thread