Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

Tying people to balloons is probably the most kid-friendly version of being killed for religious beliefs tho.

I'll see your balloons and raise you cuddled to death by puppies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'll see your balloons and raise you cuddled to death by puppies.

Do the puppies suffocate you with their cuddles or crush you?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hmmmm, a fair question. It is well know that puppies naturally discharge large amounts of nitrogen, so with enough of them piled on and around you your body would not get enough oxygen, you'd pass out, and die peacefully in your sleep. The puppies, of course, would all live to be the very best dogs, yes they are, yes they are, such good dogs, good good boys.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hmmmm, a fair question. It is well know that puppies naturally discharge large amounts of nitrogen, so with enough of them piled on and around you your body would not get enough oxygen, you'd pass out, and die peacefully in your sleep. The puppies, of course, would all live to be the very best dogs, yes they are, yes they are, such good dogs, good good boys.

Welp, that checks out. Death by puppy cuddles gets my vote.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

But with balloons, you don't even see a corpse.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

But with balloons, you don't even see a corpse.

You don't with puppies either. It's cuddle time followed up with lunch for them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ramos posted:

You don't with puppies either. It's cuddle time followed up with lunch for them.

You made it weird.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Do the puppies suffocate you with their cuddles or crush you?

Grizzlegrax
Mar 21, 2013

:ghost: Bustin' Makes Me :ghost:
:ghost: Feel Good
:ghost:

Ugh, someone gravelorded that kid's backyard. Poor fella...

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GORDON posted:

On a somewhat serious tip, I used the "Schwifty" episode, after we'd watched it about 3 times, as a teaching moment for my 10yo son. We are not a religious household at all, and I explained to him how, sometimes, when people are scared, they will turn to a religion for comfort.... and sometimes, the one in charge will decide that others are inconvenient and start killing people, aka tying them up to balloons to float away. I told him to always be wary if someone says they are receiving instructions from god.

So you know, Father of the Year, here.

Show me what you got.

I just told my kid if he disobeys his parents God will send him to hell, it worked for my dad and it will work for me.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I just told my kid if he disobeys his parents God will send him to hell, it worked for my dad and it will work for me.

When I said we aren't a religious household, I meant it. I have some seriously religious siblings, and on Christmas a few years ago... my kid was 7, or so, my sister wanted to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Yeah. So we just sat politely while they sang their little song, and when the song was done my son asked out loud, "Who's Jesus?" I busted out laughing because he had perfect comedic timing.

I love my son.

And hey, you got to watch out for the religious types when they start looking for non-believers to tie to the balloons. It's not like I'm NOT going to teach my son about that.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Can you continue to post here even if the thread gets really lovely or antagonistic or you get really popular? Everything you post is cool and there's a long track record of goons forgetting the rest of us when they get busy.

yes. I am here for all goons. sarcasm aside, I love you all. I like seeing your little hearts beat with anticipation at the thought of more animation.

also I'm not that popular, but we'll see. This is just my career. I'm actually starting at Disney On Monday on a new show over there. also sci fi.

Typical fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 11, 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Typical posted:

yes. I am here for all goons. sarcasm aside, I love you all. I like seeing your little hearts beat with anticipation at the thought of more animation.

also I'm not that popular, but we'll see. This is just my career. I'm actually starting at Disney On Monday on a new show over there. also sci fi.

Well I don't love you, I'm only using you for your content.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GORDON posted:

When I said we aren't a religious household, I meant it. I have some seriously religious siblings, and on Christmas a few years ago... my kid was 7, or so, my sister wanted to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Yeah. So we just sat politely while they sang their little song, and when the song was done my son asked out loud, "Who's Jesus?" I busted out laughing because he had perfect comedic timing.

Its going to be glorious when your son rebels and joins the Catholic League in college.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Typical posted:

Can you see if Dan Harmon reads somethingawful? He's on reddit all the time and I think he's over looking how much of a goldmine it is here for ranting.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Typical posted:

Does that mean you are no longer involved with Rick and Morty, or is this new opportunity in addition to that?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

Its going to be glorious when your son rebels and joins the Catholic League in college.

Meh... whatever makes him happy. I'm not a dick Dad.

He will have to eschew a lot of the critical thinking skills I have taught him, though, to get from here to there. But whatev. Just like now when someone wants to pray before a meal or something, I will just politely keep silent until they are done.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Typical posted:

also I'm not that popular, but we'll see. This is just my career.

Have you tried drawing pictures of naked children loving? That seemed to work for Rebecca Sugar.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Have you tried drawing pictures of naked children loving? That seemed to work for Rebecca Sugar.

Is this real? :laffo:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

A lot of what Roiland made in the past for Channel 101 is a lot worse. Considering he also posts frequently on 4chan, I shudder to think what has come from his pen when he was a teenager.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

She at some point made some Ed, Edd, and Eddie rule 34 stuff. That's not why she's popular though, but whatever.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Typical posted:

Is it the one that's by the guy who did Invader Zim?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Over halfway through Season 2 and we are overdue a guest appearance from DMX ( The cough syrup).

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

Can you see if Dan Harmon reads somethingawful? He's on reddit all the time and I think he's over looking how much of a goldmine it is here for ranting.

I don't think he does, But Justin is freinds with a Dota guy who has an account.

Klungar posted:

Does that mean you are no longer involved with Rick and Morty, or is this new opportunity in addition to that?

Rick and morty is just in the off season. i have to find like a years worth of employment in between seasons. (production over there only lasts 8 months)

Irish Joe posted:

I un ironically think that is funnier than all of Steven Universe. That is not to say that SU is a bad show. i just wish it was actually funny. there's just like no reason to watch it unless you just have a huge art boner for it and love all her nostalgia. (i watch it for the art, and because literally every artist in LA does too)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
SUMMER AND TINKLES. FRIENDS TO THE END. GROUP TEXT THE WHOLE CREW AND MOTHERFUKIN SEND.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Typical posted:

Yo is this Jhonen's show?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Typical posted:

I un ironically think that is funnier than all of Steven Universe. That is not to say that SU is a bad show. i just wish it was actually funny. there's just like no reason to watch it unless you just have a huge art boner for it and love all her nostalgia. (i watch it for the art, and because literally every artist in LA does too)

I like Steven Universe because it's a good show, much like other notable cartoon Rick and Morty.

Also my dad was super strict conservative and a generally hateful person and I turned out pretty much the polar opposite of that.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Philip Rivers posted:

Also my dad was super strict conservative and a generally hateful person and I turned out pretty much the polar opposite of that.

Indeed. I can tell you're a loving and compassionate person from the way you talk about your father.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Who's ready to be salty about cartoons, as some nerds duke it out on a forum about geode ladies and rear end in a top hat grampas . ONE NIGHT ONLY. Kid seats are still only five bucks, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE. FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY. BE THERE.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Steven Universe freakin sucks stop talking about it in the Rick and Morty thread

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

SUMMER AND TINKLES. FRIENDS TO THE END. GROUP TEXT THE WHOLE CREW AND MOTHERFUKIN SEND.

This is seriously the best part of the whole episode, it's just so out of left field and the guy is SO ANGRY. I lose my poo poo every time.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

Yarbald posted:

This is seriously the best part of the whole episode, it's just so out of left field and the guy is SO ANGRY. I lose my poo poo every time.

Her, raving alone with the flashlights making the "hooh hooh" sound.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yarbald posted:

He's just so loving pumped about friendship.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Yarbald posted:

The rapper is basically Not Lil Wayne so it makes sense that he's loving pissed.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

henkman posted:

Steven Universe freakin sucks stop talking about it in the Rick and Morty thread

Why does that show come up so much in this thread?

also,

Philip Rivers posted:

I like Steven Universe because it's a good show, much like other notable cartoon Rick and Morty.

no, dad, gently caress YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Holiday Lobster posted:

Her, raving alone with the flashlights making the "hooh hooh" sound.

It's a bit more involved, but my favorite part of that episode was Sleepy Gary being a better husband, father and lover than Jerry even though his only defining characteristic was well, his sleepyness

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

My guess is because gravity falls had a crossover, they're hoping to hell that R&M will cross-over into Steven Universe.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Good luck at Disney.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
You know, I think I want that space head poster. That's a great stupid merchandise idea. Are those the heads that appeared in the episode, or were those just a bunch of random concepts? I don't have the episode at hand to check.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I think it's a very simple matter of them being probably the two most popular cartoons here at the moment and having both a lot of overlapping fans, and also lot of fans that love R&M but are actively not into SU, so that when it does get brought up, instead of it just being a passing reference that nobody makes much of, it turns into a big deal every time.

Plenty of other stuff gets brought up - just within the last page or so we had DOTA, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, some Disney show - the only difference is that those things don't seem to make people feel the need to share their opinion that those things SUCK rear end/KICK rear end, but for some reason when Steven Universe gets brought up, it's really important that everyone know where they stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It's a show for children

• Locked thread