Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Sade posted:

These motherfuckers own really hard.

Any Death Korps fans in the house? I've been thinking about starting some IG or AM or whatever the gently caress, but forgeworld models are so drat expensive. Is there any way around selling a kidney for 500 points of space nazis?

ebay is your friend - I recently saw a listing for 50 'at ease' pose DKoK for £100 at Buy It Now...was sorely tempted as £2 for any model is pretty good and I want to build up a force of renegade DKoK.

LingcodKilla - expect a PM from me soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Sorry if this has been posted already but it's one of the coolest conversions I've ever seen't

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Perhaps the best use for eBay rescues :)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Totally not going to steal that idea for a rhino.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
That's an incredibly orky solution and looks like something orks would legitimately do.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Best of all, it would actually serve as incredibly effective camouflage, appearing as a functional tank thanks to the gestalt psychic field all orks emit, which allows seemingly non-functional items to work perfectly thanks to the belief of the orks that it will work.

:can:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
What's with all the IG talk and nobody reppin Valhallans? :ussr:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Your russkies are amazing SRM. Teach me your whitewashing oh great master.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

Your russkies are amazing SRM. Teach me your whitewashing oh great master.

Praxeti White and a lovely drybrush. Drybrush to taste.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Boon posted:

I'm helping someone write campaign rules and I'm taking the army list rules and battle impacts. What do you guys think of this/what holes am I missing?

I think this is fantastic. Maybe you add a mechanic where the palyer can "protect" their favorite unit or whatever so they're not bummed out when that unit of Rhino-commandos dies.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

What's with all the IG talk and nobody reppin Valhallans? :ussr:

Space Stalingrad. One day.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

Space Stalingrad. One day.
I've got the board, I just need to paint it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ugh.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
The beauty of Imperial Guard was that it was great fodder for conversions. You didn't have to stick to the published regiments. For one of my Veteran squads, I actually converted a bunch of old (and by "old" I mean 2nd Edition 40K ca 1990) Stormtroopers. This was back before they had carapace armor.

I trimmed off the cables from the old hotshot lasgun and used a bit from the old GorkaMorka Mutie Raider (the mount of which was used for my Tallarn Rouchrider conversion) as a backpack

With the rope I thought they looked like elite mountaineering infantry, so I incorporated a mountain motif into their patch. The minis themselves are really old (one of the very first plastic infantry kits) and therefore have very little detail (especially in the faces, which are pretty squashed looking). But when you stick them with some vintage metal Stormtrooper special weapons and sergeant painted up in the same camo scheme, they look pretty decent on the tabletop.

The 10th Carcassonne Mountaineers' Regiment.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

panascope posted:

The books themselves are a really nice quality. I'm really glad I didn't have to buy 3 different books to get all my rules or whatever. Most things seem pretty balanced. Yeah, some of the rites of war have goofy drawbacks (no fortifications oh no) but you can do so much different stuff it's neat. Justaerin Terminators are some serious bullshit though and I need Ghost Hand to write a strongly worded letter about buffing them.

I'm too busy writing fanboi letters about my Gal Vorbak

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SRM posted:

I've got the board, I just need to paint it.

I can bring the tanks. Just tell me when and I will bring down the might of Great Comrade Emperor on the foul xenos.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

What are some the most interesting or dynamic sergeant conversions you guys have seen? I'm trying to pose one of mine in an interesting way and am having trouble finding inspiration

Drake_263 posted:

One counts-as-Kantor done! The anti-shine spray I used ended up cracking oddly on the smooth surfaces - I think the gloss varnish I used first hadn't had time to fully dry. The can said two hours, I'd given it ten. Ahwell.

Not a sergeant, I know. :nyd:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I'm seriously loving this 30K Admec book. More than I did the 40K book, even if the Skitari make for better line troops, I still just love the jet pack cyborg lightning gun robots too much. What's the general view on 30K vs 40K? Do you think GW would let me use them in the in store starter sessions?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
30k is legal to play against 40k, but you have to use the 40k FOC while using the 30k ally rules. Everything gets obsec as well.

In terms of performance, Admech is it's own army and you will take a lot of people off guard with how they play. They can be pretty tough to play against too- I suggesting getting you opponents familiar with them over time before doing anything really crazy.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

I'm too busy writing fanboi letters about my Gal Vorbak

Carl please. Get them to give Justaerin two wounds and plasma blasters. That's all I ask.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Arashiofordo3 posted:

I'm seriously loving this 30K Admec book. More than I did the 40K book, even if the Skitari make for better line troops, I still just love the jet pack cyborg lightning gun robots too much. What's the general view on 30K vs 40K? Do you think GW would let me use them in the in store starter sessions?

Make little printouts of each unit and the stats/rules. Because that's one thing the 30k admech loves: rules upon rules hidden within rules.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Marbo DLC: CONFMRD. :pray:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Carl please. Get them to give Justaerin two wounds and plasma blasters. That's all I ask.
Seriously, the Justaerin are hilariously overpriced for what they are and no one will ever take them.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Guys, I don't want anyone to wet themselves in excitement but the Warhammer World Meet is one week away. Can I just quickly confirm those who are coming and check we are happy that the points stays at 1500. By no means does this mean anyone who wants to state their interest now cannot come or indeed change their mind if they have chosen to put their careers before playing glorified toy soldiers with grown men off the internet.

I believe the attendees confirmed are:
Me. (Blood Angels)
Zark the Damned +1 (Salamanders/Orks + Tyranids/Death Guard/Necrons)
Lord Twisted (Imperial Guard)
Krushgroove +1 (Dark Eldar + Space Wolves)

Raphus C was a strong maybe and Vondizimo was a maybe. That implies we are going to have 3-4 players a team and therefore 4.5-6k of points which I think is manageable based on my recollection of the table.

The scenario post I made was http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636853&pagenumber=876&perpage=40#post449115269 . As promised this week I will make cheat sheets so that the objective stuff will run smoothly (as possible).

The plan is

1030 - everyone arrive.
1100 - Start game
1300 - 1400 Lunch
1700- Pack up. As we discussed earlier this gives people time to go and check the exhibition out.

I actually suspect that the game will end early, as the points value for each player is pretty low. I have come up with some Doomsday rules for us to play on in every man for himself style which hopefully again will click along nicely given our armies will be minimal. Anyone who has been tabled will be either able to run away, or participate in deciding the ultimate champion. Suffice to say we will keep track of the individual points as well as team points to allow there to be benefit to taking risks and grabbing objectives.

Oh damnit, I have wet myself.

Sleepyjacked
Sep 21, 2010

you're the best

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Safety Factor posted:

Seriously, the Justaerin are hilariously overpriced for what they are and no one will ever take them.

Really? Because they're probably my favourite troop choice in the book. But then again, I'm all for big robots speed boosting about and blowing stuff up. Out of curiosity what would you say would be a reasonable point cost for them?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Really? Because they're probably my favourite troop choice in the book. But then again, I'm all for big robots speed boosting about and blowing stuff up. Out of curiosity what would you say would be a reasonable point cost for them?
I think we're talking about two entirely different things. I definitely was not talking poo poo about jet pack robots. I was talking about the Sons of Horus elite terminators that are like 55 points per model for 1 wound dudes. 30k squads get discounts for being max-sized so here's the math:

32.5 points per model for a 10-man terminator squad with no upgrades, armed with power weapons.

54 points per model for a 10-man Justaerin squad with no upgrades, armed with power weapons. They have WS5, furious charge, stubborn, and count as scoring. They can also take multi-meltas as heavy weapons for some reason. But seriously, 54 points per model which only gets worse with smaller squads.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 12, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JackMack posted:

Me. (Blood Angels)
Unfortunately the Space Wolves can't be represented but if anyone attending is owed prizes from the Oath Thread get in touch and I'll bring your loot!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Safety Factor posted:

I think we're talking about two entirely different things. I definitely was not talking poo poo about jet pack robots. I was talking about the Sons of Horus elite terminators that are like 55 points per model for 1 wound dudes. 30k squads get discounts for being max-sized so here's the math:

32.5 points per model for a 10-man terminator squad with no upgrades, armed with power weapons.

54 points per model for a 10-man Justaerin squad with no upgrades, armed with power weapons. They have WS5, furious charge, stubborn, and count as scoring. They can also take multi-meltas as heavy weapons for some reason. But seriously, 54 points per model which only gets worse with smaller squads.

Oh, poo poo, yeah. I'm thinking of the Thallax Cohort. Still trying to get used to all this fancy naming stuff in 30K. Makes keeping track of what's being talked about a little bit harder. Yeah, that does sound pretty awful. Especially when compared to the 3 wound jetpack robot for 40 points a pop. Who designed that termi unit? They were not thinking straight at all.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Sleepyjacked posted:

you're the best

I didn't make that but I want to make one, maybe for infinity ?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

Me. (Blood Angels)

Sadly my +1 will be a no-show as he just remembered today he'd made other plans (more likely he forgot about WHW and made other plans but decided to stick with those instead, but w/e). If needed I can bring along more stuff to help balance out the sides.

krushgroove posted:

Unfortunately the Space Wolves can't be represented but if anyone attending is owed prizes from the Oath Thread get in touch and I'll bring your loot!

I think that's me with those Grab Bag sandbags :)

Let me know if you want me to bring along the grab bag donations to pawn off on you too.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Moola posted:

I didn't make that but I want to make one, maybe for infinity ?
Yeah, you can tell Moola didn't make it, the base doesn't look tasty enough.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Grabbed some Thanatars from a friend this morning but there's no instructions to be found. Are Forge World's Customer Service people still good for giving out PDFs of instructions or am I gonna be rooting around Google for them?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

JackMack posted:

Guys, I don't want anyone to wet themselves in excitement but the Warhammer World Meet is one week away. Can I just quickly confirm those who are coming and check we are happy that the points stays at 1500. By no means does this mean anyone who wants to state their interest now cannot come or indeed change their mind if they have chosen to put their careers before playing glorified toy soldiers with grown men off the internet.

Me. (Blood Angels)

Raphus C was a strong maybe and Vondizimo was a maybe. That implies we are going to have 3-4 players a team and therefore 4.5-6k of points which I think is manageable based on my recollection of the table.

The scenario post I made was http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636853&pagenumber=876&perpage=40#post449115269 . As promised this week I will make cheat sheets so that the objective stuff will run smoothly (as possible).

The plan is

1030 - everyone arrive.
1100 - Start game
1300 - 1400 Lunch
1700- Pack up. As we discussed earlier this gives people time to go and check the exhibition out.

I actually suspect that the game will end early, as the points value for each player is pretty low. I have come up with some Doomsday rules for us to play on in every man for himself style which hopefully again will click along nicely given our armies will be minimal. Anyone who has been tabled will be either able to run away, or participate in deciding the ultimate champion. Suffice to say we will keep track of the individual points as well as team points to allow there to be benefit to taking risks and grabbing objectives.

Oh damnit, I have wet myself.

I'm hard for some hams. Got tickets booked, I'll see y'all there.

Bringing 1500 of guard - but want to know if its OK to bring the Knight or not, I'm entirely flexible. I might end up leaving it at home because of it being an extra case to lug up there.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Oh, poo poo, yeah. I'm thinking of the Thallax Cohort. Still trying to get used to all this fancy naming stuff in 30K. Makes keeping track of what's being talked about a little bit harder. Yeah, that does sound pretty awful. Especially when compared to the 3 wound jetpack robot for 40 points a pop. Who designed that termi unit? They were not thinking straight at all.

The power curve for most of the Book 1 legions is kinda lowz but SoH are the best example. When you compare their rules to sturf like Imperial Fists or Word Bearers things are pretty :flaccid:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Lord Twisted posted:

Bringing 1500 of guard - but want to know if its OK to bring the Knight or not, I'm entirely flexible. I might end up leaving it at home because of it being an extra case to lug up there.

I'm bringing this guy, so I vote bring the knight. I want to see some hot, steamy, stompy robot on robot action.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
It looks like we are five. As such I think we increase the points values. I was thinking to 5-6000 total per side and then one is 2x 3000pt and the other is 3x 2000. I appreciate for those on public transport the limitation is what is comfortable to carry so if anyone would prefer to bring less just say. I can bring all my stuff which is around 4000pts of mediocre BA so we can dole that out if your points value need shoring up.

If the size of the armies is going up I think giant robot throwdown is a go. Bring the pain.

Vondizimo if you could give an ay or nay that would be good. You are our only hope.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, I can max out my Dark Eldar but they're not great against Knights so I'll let the other guys on my team deal with them :) I would see if I can build my Harlequins but then I wouldn't know their rules anyway so I'll just spare everyone that pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

Yeah, you can tell Moola didn't make it, the base doesn't look tasty enough.

:3:

• Locked thread