Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Did they put the gravy on first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Son of cash crab posted:

I've got Bhut Jolokia and Trinidad Scorpion growing in my garden.

I had bhut x scorpions and chocolate brain strain which is a 7 pot x scorpion and still have a shitload of them dehydrated. I convinced 5 different people to eat a brain strain :getin: needless to say it was incredibly worth it

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Just because of the :effort: put into making a banana fancy

This would be plenty cute if made for a child. Maybe this should have been tagged #mommymaterial instead.

On second thought: ugh.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Son of cash crab posted:

I know this is from a few weeks ago, but I'm still trying to catch up on this thread. I've got Bhut Jolokia and Trinidad Scorpion growing in my garden. Today was the day that multiple fruits became ripe on each plant. I harvested some, ate half a Jolokia raw and made the rest into a tasty sambal for some fish I'm going to grill tomorrow night. How is this anti-food? If you don't like spicy and don't have a high tolerance, this stuff will ruin you. I was an idiot and didn't wash my hands properly after cutting the peppers. Rubbed my forehead and scratched the back of my neck and my skull felt like it was on fire for the next half hour. The burn was far worse on my skin than it was in my mouth or throat. Which I guess makes sense because I frequently eat very spicy food, but rarely massage it into my scalp.

Also, that discussion about boiled beef that occurred around the same time as PCOS Bill's post. Have none of you ever eaten Shabu Shabu? Boiled meat of any kind is absolutely delicious when boiled and prepared properly. Or out of a trashcan since we're all raccoons here.

Also, all you guys hitting on my mom is getting weird and desperate sounding.

Shabu shabu owns bones, your opinion on boiled meat (prepared properly) is correct, and holy sweet baby jesus I'm glad you didn't scratch your naughty bits after you cut those peppers

Stop posting this, it's so :smith:

Every time I see it, I'm visiting a memorial in honor of sad food, reminding us of culinary failures. With a moment of silent reflection, the photo tells a million stories, each more depressing than the last.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

While I await the "cash crab dies from eating weird Japanese candy burgers" trip report/video I thought I'd provide the thread with some more #wifematerial Stealth Edit: Also #wifematerial is suddenly flooded with topless photos on Instagram. It wasn't last week. Sealth Edit Part 2: Seriously there is nearly as many titty shots as there is pictures of food. This is annoying; I want to complain to Instagram they are misusing the hash tag.

Also :wtc:

THEY ARE MULTIPLYING!

why do people put their cookies on the plate? I don't understand that

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Agreed. Personally, I prefer putting the cookies in my mouth instead

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Let's talk about rules.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would unironically eat and enjoy ramen pizza.

You know, that gets me thinking, if they ever made a pizza flavored ramen and it was a quarter like those cheap ones, I would probably eat way too many of those.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pentaro posted:

Let's talk about rules.

That's pretty clearly reheated pizza which has even less rules than normal pizza

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Gridlocked posted:

Just because of the :effort: put into making a banana fancy

I am a 32 year old adult* that wants little banana trucks for breakfast now. Every. Day.

*(goon)

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Frog Act posted:

why do people put their cookies on the plate? I don't understand that

When you are used to eating Lunchables for lunch and HungryMan microwavable dinners, you probably feel the need to lay everything out on the same *dish.
*Plastic plate.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom banana car!
Boop-boo-ba-doo-ba-doop!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pentaro posted:

Let's talk about rules.

This is terrible.

Done properly, I think you could make a bangin' ramen pizza. This just isn't it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I've seen and eaten spaghetti pizza several times so I imagine this'd be like that, just weirder, depending on what kind of flavoring they used for the noodles.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
It is a beautiful day in Calgary for a hot dog.

And maybe some arcade games?

I came.

I saw

I conquered.

Mexican Deathgasm has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Sep 11, 2015

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That was $7.75? lol

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Tiggum posted:

Huh, turns out "tea cake" means a bunch of different things.

The teacake I described is actually cheating a bit. It's a brand called Tunnocks Teacakes, and they have a variety of cheap knockoff. Actual teacakes in the UK are usually the currant bun affairs, that you toast and spread with butter.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I came.

I saw

I conquered.

Self-inflicted punishment to atone for past sins. He's setting an example.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

cobalt impurity posted:

Self-inflicted punishment to atone for past sins. He's setting an example.

The only real issue with any of that is the $7.70 hot dogs because jesus christ. Hot dogs are supposed to cost like $1 - 2.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I came.

I saw

I conquered.

Disgusting. I applaud you.

I will be doing DOUBLE DOWN TOWN tomorrow afternoon. I'll order the tiny hamburgers, too, but I feel bad for reviewing the japanburgs after someone else made them.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Not with the state of our dollar these days. Dollar Stores here are threatening to raise prices to up to 4 bucks now.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Before I realized you were starting the Caesar quote, I read this a bit differently than it was intended.

BTW, would. Eat it, that is. Not orgasm over it. I mean, it's not a Nutella and peanut butter hot dog with Crunch Berries :flashfap:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

cash crab posted:

I will be doing DOUBLE DOWN TOWN tomorrow afternoon. I'll order the tiny hamburgers, too, but I feel bad for reviewing the japanburgs after someone else made them.

Make the little burgers. I want to see if you think they are as awful as they actually are.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

i'm dumb

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

titties posted:

i'm dumb

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Oh it wasn't $7.75. Because I got the bacon wrapped dog it was $8.25. But I mean I drove for 20 minutes in order to eat something disgusting for the sole purpose of posting pictures to an internet forum, it's not like I make good life choices.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
You got a bacon wrapped hotdog with peanut butter and jelly topped with Captain Crunch?

:patriot: but with :canada:, I guess.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I keep debating purchasing some of those candy kits from Japan to satisfy my curiosity about them. I know that there's an American equivalent now but it's not the same. The sushi one is fascinating because there's some basic molecular gastronomy in making the egg globs, and then there's just strange ones like the pizza and ramen ones. Watching the videos of people making them is rather soothing for some reason. :iiam:

edit: $8.25 :canada: is roughly $6.25 :911: with their funny money.

Fashionably Great has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Sep 12, 2015

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
In case you guys are also having trouble reading the menu:

http://tubbydog.com/wordpress2/tubby-dog/tubby-dog-menu/

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I came.

I saw

I conquered.

:barf: Holy poo poo dude.

cash crab posted:

You're the resident Raccoon you have to eat the tiny buggers. :colbert:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Why didnt he eat the Kix or whatever sugary cereal that was

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Minarchist posted:

Why didnt he eat the Kix or whatever sugary cereal that was

Certain death.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
If you value the roof of your mouth staying in one piece, you don't eat Captain Crunch

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, and I thought it was bad when a hotdog place opened nearby and was selling dogs for $4-5. They went out of business within a year cause no one wants to pay that much for a hot dog. But those dogs are almost $10 and don't look like anything overly special

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jesus, and I thought it was bad when a hotdog place opened nearby and was selling dogs for $4-5. They went out of business within a year cause no one wants to pay that much for a hot dog. But those dogs are almost $10 and don't look like anything overly special

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=8.25&From=CAD&To=USD

Still a drat expensive hot dog.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See, this is why we can't raise the minimum wage. Do you want to pay this much for a hot dog???

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

RareAcumen posted:

See, this is why we can't raise the minimum wage. Do you want to pay this much for a hot dog???

You're joking, right? You know the cost of wages is a small part of the cost of food, right?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

You're joking, right? You know the cost of wages is a small part of the cost of food, right?

Wages are one of a business's largest expenses

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

PCOS Bill posted:

Wages are one of a business's largest expenses

About 25% on average in that industry, and if people just scraping by suddenly have spending money, they're not going to hoard it - they're going to spend it. You're spending a few percentage points more on wages, but you're getting a huge amount of sales to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

About 25% on average in that industry, and if people just scraping by suddenly have spending money, they're not going to hoard it - they're going to spend it. You're spending a few percentage points more on wages, but you're getting a huge amount of sales to make up for it.

No, actually if you pay your employees more then you have to raise the cost of everything you produce so that you don't go out of business. That's why in the 80's when people made 18$ an hour a gallon of milk was almost 60 bucks! Look, just let any poor, browbeaten multimillion dollar business tell you about how paying their employees enough to make do without being on welfare would bankrupt them immediately.

• Locked thread