Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
"that's gotta be the craziest story ever" - kyon after hearing kyoani say they're going to do the same episode 8 times in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if I could make one suggestion to improve haruhi it would be to have yuki say big numbers more often

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Poor Yuki. :(

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zas posted:

I love it whenever yuki states anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is that a Bolo tie

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Quoting this so I can see it on something other than my phone

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

so i've had the feeling that koizumi is way into haruhi but realizes he's outta luck for a while, but that scene settled it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if koizumi is secretly loving pissed at kyon right now.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XLxtADaqcY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also look at all that animation in that close up shot with Kyon and Izumi!!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

darealkooky posted:

so i've had the feeling that koizumi is way into haruhi but realizes he's outta luck for a while, but that scene settled it

indeed

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Zas posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if koizumi is secretly loving pissed at kyon right now.

After that scene, I don't think there's any secretly about it.

Kyon is just super loving dense.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, no more genre numbers, just sad piano for a while

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am becoming convinced that I was wrong about the music.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

nice

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

NotALizardman posted:

After that scene, I don't think there's any secretly about it.

Kyon is just super loving dense.

Really? I don't think he is, he is just struggling with his feelings. That's the entire point of the movie

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I like how much harsher the lighting is even though it's basically depicting the same event. Also in the first episode, everyone follows Haruhi out, but this time they're all too bummed to move

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Also, no more genre numbers, just sad piano for a while

it echoes (or I guess predicts) the french style of satie we'll hear in disappearance, but then again I doubt that's intentional, a lot of anime music and japanese piano music in general is seriously heavily indebted to the french

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Boy, look at how the mood of this scene changes just by tweaking the music, color balance, and shot composition.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parallax posted:

I like how much harsher the lighting is even though it's basically depicting the same event. Also in the first episode, everyone follows Haruhi out, but this time they're all too bummed to move

Yeah, and the kicker is he dialogue is basically identical.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I like the black and white here.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

another ep, another beer. excellent

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I No Longer Care spotted,

this time no games, just black and white melancholia

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

as much as im down on the intro this ending is pretty rad

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

Really? I don't think he is, he is just struggling with his feelings. That's the entire point of the movie

That's probably true, but I just think it's funny how irate Koizumi was there and Kyon didn't seem to pick up on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*Kyon crawls into bed accepting that his life will be a hollow repetition of trying to reclaim his days of youthful summer*

*J-pop begins to play*

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

*Kyon crawls into bed accepting that his life will be a hollow repetition of trying to reclaim his days of youthful summer*

*J-pop begins to play*

lol

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DENWA!

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

the music in the opening scene in episode 3 really doubles down on being ominous

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

yeah koizumi is stoic to an almost scary degree, but you do get the sense sometimes that he has an underlying resentment and jealousy of kyon that boils over every now and again (this will of course become clearer over the course of this arc, more from kyon's side as he begins to sense it)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Radio Spiricom posted:

the music in the opening scene in episode 3 really doubles down on being ominous

seriously, it sounds like someone just got murdered or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

Yeah for real, this is a real minimalist downer

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

will we ever see the exciting bike race

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

seriously, it sounds like someone just got murdered or something

The music wasn't even this tense when someone in this show actually got murdered

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Six Years Ago posted:

I'm convinced that what they're doing is some sort of avant-garde brilliance. Every week when an episode comes out and we find out that it isn't the end, I can feel the rage that Bill Murray felt, waking up to find that he hadn't moved on to the next day yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hah. I'm getting it now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol does this episode not have an OP?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

haruhi and kyon kinda matching on the bikes again.

does this happen every time?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted: