Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"So I didn't really make an effort to do anything."

GODDAMMIT KYON YOU LAZY gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Parallax posted:

I think FLCL is the best thing ever made of anything but I know that's for a lot of personal reasons and preferences

I think you might be me.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

In Training posted:

My goal in life, for real, is to get a master's degree, and then a phd, and become a professor somewhere, and spend my days writing a book about nothing but Neon Genesis Evangelion, for like, 300 pages

Do this without the post-grad work because grad school is just so :cry:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Can you actually see mars that well through a telescope that size AAAH HOLY poo poo LOOK HOW LONELY NAGATO IS HOLY poo poo THESE SHOTS

Yeah, I've Saturn clear as day in a telescope that size

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Go to mars, break the loop

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

In Training posted:

My goal in life, for real, is to get a master's degree, and then a phd, and become a professor somewhere, and spend my days writing a book about nothing but Neon Genesis Evangelion, for like, 300 pages

this was basically my goal two years ago except replace Eva with gainax in general

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
KYON DRAWING AN EIGHT

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

THE DEEP SYMBOLISM IS SYMBOLIZING SOMETHING DEEP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LOGH sucks

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dezinus posted:

Go to mars, break the loop

Take the plane to mars.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

Also I'd like to point out that everyone who says the best anime isn't LOGH is contradicting the ADTRW party line and will probably get disappeared or something

Oh god don't send the goon squad to kill me in my sleep oh noooooo.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

:(

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright that's a little aggressive there.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ya

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Digging this piano right now bee tee dubs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh weird, an internal time loop?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Time to grab another drink.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

you should read the book the anime machine

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 12, 2015

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Why must you tear the thread apart right in the middle of its finest hour?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

In Training posted:

Oh weird, an internal time loop?

just to drive home how gently caress stuck kyon is feeling

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Anyone who is not a pansy or sufficiently drunk will not look at their phone this next episode.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dezinus posted:

Why must you tear the thread apart right in the middle of its finest hour?

It will be swept up in this glorious hour we refer to as "rewatching Endless Eight"

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

My guess for the answer the first time i watched endless 8 was a sleepover on the last day

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

AnoHito posted:

Anyone who is not a pansy or sufficiently drunk will not look at their phone this next episode.

OK I WILL DO MY BEST TO RESIST

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I'm not even sure how far in we are, which is great

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ADTRW watches Endless Eight and likes it this time.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Oh...kay...

I think it's something Kyon needs to say. Look at how the camera lingers on his mouth while he's gesticulating like he's looking for something to say. Look at how we have the triple-take/Haruhi getting real agressive with this Time Compression poo poo right at that moment. And, yet again, if this were the end of the show I'd be certain that what he needs to say is "I love you", or at least something on that road. But it's not the end of the show, and the moment Haruhi and Kyon get together is basically the moment you run out of material for this sort of thing, so...what?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My drinks have become small, out of necessity.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

AnoHito posted:

jokes on you i have the thread in a small window

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

My drinks have become small, out of necessity.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright 6 is a good low time to ask some Q's. How is everyone feeling? Did you like that awesome clock shot? When is everyone available to watch Sigh? Anybody got some good Mario Maker levels to share? Does anybody want to read my writing about live action Japanese movies that I've done in my spare time? What's been your favorite episode so far?

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
That mini time loop was extremely my poo poo

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Oh God I love the rotating clock so much.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kyon kun den wa

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I still really like the super ominous episode 3 intro

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

To add to dumb film stuff, KyoAni is the best at utilizing pillow shots

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

ADTRW watches Endless Eight and likes it this time.

Thread rename

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Push-ups, then: radio silence

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
After 5.

Six Years Ago posted:

Welp. gently caress this show. I'm out.

quote:

I guess I will just avoid this episode and move on, just waiting until the next actual episode gets released. I'm amazed they went this far, I was sure that last one would be it but.. then we get another and rumor of even more. If this next episode isn't it then I'll... just wait for the next one after that. Haruhi's a good show and it's a shame KyoAni is going this far to seemingly either alienate their fanbase or they really think this is hilarious. I'll still be waiting, but I am bitter about this.

quote:

I feel like an abused wife at this point. Oh well, there's always next week's episode...

quote:

Pretty masterful troll. People loved the first series, waited patiently for what? A year and a half for some new episodes and they decide to remake the same episode 5 times, very nice.

It's a shame though. This could have been resolved in a single episode, 2 is probably a better choice, the initial ep then you get the twist halfway through the second when you're wondering what the hell is going on, additional repetitions add absolutely nothing whatsoever though.

quote:

This thread is getting to be like endless eight

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

And my electricity is out happy a follow 911 y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Argona posted:

I still really like the super ominous episode 3 intro

Yeah that was good. My fave has been the pool scene in Ep 5