Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The flavor for the next soldiers game should be Small Soldiers, Gorgonauts vs. Commando Elite. bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i did a room escape today
we kinda won

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Breaking bad chat:

why did Gus have to die? He was the best, Walt sucks

This is all true, but at least it was cool.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

A friend linked this article to me because my friends make fun of me for being very polite.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/08/good-reason-to-be-wary-of-overly-polite-people.html

It is probably useful for mafia too, probably.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I read this sentence and thought of you, thread.

"Moving on, Shyamalan would go on to make “The Happening.” The twist in this movie is that Mark Wahlberg was casted to play a person qualified to teach children about science. "

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I heard the visit was actually kind of decent

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tonight I had a date at a café that's connected to a bookstore. My date ended up being a little late so I told her I was going to walk around the bookstore for a while. She then sent me a message saying "here." Assuming that she meant in the bookstore, I looked at the only other person currently browsing. She's pretty cute, and she has an endearing Fashion of accidentally dropping every book she pulls out. Not only do I send a message back joking about that, but I've been approach this girl and start talking with her. She's pretty receptive but less so than you'd imagine for someone aware that she is on a date. I am then mortified by the arrival of her friends that she is out with that night.

Because I am mortified I extricate myself without really explaining it. If you can picture it, I just sort of shrink into the background. I return to the café and meet the girl who I'm actually supposed to be on a date with. We sit outside and who should next walk by but that very girl with her friends, all looking at me. Clearly on a date.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Tonight I had a date at a café that's connected to a bookstore. My date ended up being a little late so I told her I was going to walk around the bookstore for a while. She then sent me a message saying "here." Assuming that she meant in the bookstore, I looked at the only other person currently browsing. She's pretty cute, and she has an endearing Fashion of accidentally dropping every book she pulls out. Not only do I send a message back joking about that, but I've been approach this girl and start talking with her. She's pretty receptive but less so than you'd imagine for someone aware that she is on a date. I am then mortified by the arrival of her friends that she is out with that night.

Because I am mortified I extricate myself without really explaining it. If you can picture it, I just sort of shrink into the background. I return to the café and meet the girl who I'm actually supposed to be on a date with. We sit outside and who should next walk by but that very girl with her friends, all looking at me. Clearly on a date.

Taste, trust me when I say that you will learn to love this story.

CCKeane fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 12, 2015

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's a pretty great story.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah, these moments make for great stories that you get to tell forever.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

I read this sentence and thought of you, thread.

"Moving on, Shyamalan would go on to make “The Happening.” The twist in this movie is that Mark Wahlberg was casted to play a person qualified to teach children about scientology."
fixed it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Disregard this.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Disregard this.

I'm regarding it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TMMadman posted:

I'm regarding it.

:( but I said not to!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Today I was at the craft store and I saw the most beautiful ball of yarn I've ever seen so I bought it and I'm going to make a hat and it's going to be so pretty!

You can't really tell from the picture, but the colours running through it are metallic and almost iridescent. I love it so much.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

mario maker so good

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Magnus Gallant posted:

Ok that's cool.

I don't have the time to run a soldiers game but I feel like the Warriors works perfectly for that kind of game.

Also it's a good movie you should check it out if you haven't seen it

Seconded. It's a lot of fun. Those lips :swoon:

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Little Mac posted:

mario maker so good

I bought but haven't played it yet. Is it more fun creating or playing levels others made?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Mafia thread: stupid jerks keep coming in to the restaurant to eat dinner after the local HS football game. It's 11pm and they're drunk jerks and I just want to go home. Some of them are so drunk they're walking in our back door, clearly painted with our name on it, and asking if they're in the right building.

In summary, please smite them. Thanks!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mithross posted:

Mafia thread: stupid jerks keep coming in to the restaurant to eat dinner after the local HS football game. It's 11pm and they're drunk jerks and I just want to go home. Some of them are so drunk they're walking in our back door, clearly painted with our name on it, and asking if they're in the right building.

In summary, please smite them. Thanks!

I will bounce them for a delicious hamburger.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A week ago I pulled the ligament in my ankle and now it is really swollen and my toes are massively bruised and it really hurts and my friends are dicks who just laugh about it. Please give me sympathy, mafia thread :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

A week ago I pulled the ligament in my ankle and now it is really swollen and my toes are massively bruised and it really hurts and my friends are dicks who just laugh about it. Please give me sympathy, mafia thread :(

Did you at least win the endurance challenge?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
use some of that free healthcare europeans go on about

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Fair Mafia Community! I need 1 more player for my minigame! If they sign up before Sunday the game might start as early as Tuesday and as late as Tuesday, June 11th, 2019.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741211

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Did you at least win the endurance challenge?

Tehehehe.

Well I still danced through 4 hours of Arcadia straight after so I'm gonna go with yes.

Seriously, it really loving hurts.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741176

Mad Mafia: Fury Road still needs six more people. Role PMs are all already written up, so I can send them out and start the game as soon as I have 16 signups.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

SirSamVimes posted:

Mad Mafia: Fury Road still needs six more people. Role PMs are all already written up, so I can send them out and start the game as soon as I have 16 signups.

Everyone who has whined in this thread recently about "how do we get new players" needs to sign up for this game because it has multiple brand new players and they'll never come back if they don't get to play a game in the first place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Everyone who has whined in this thread recently about "how do we get new players" needs to sign up for this game because it has multiple brand new players and they'll never come back if they don't get to play a game in the first place.

FV's right, let's make some new friends :unsmith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think they're even less likely to come back if I sign up :>

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes posted:

Turns out I miscounted and it was actually seven BUT NOW IT'S FOUR.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Little Mac posted:

mario maker so good

:agreed:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
btw SamVimes there is also a mafia new game announcement thread you can post your game in! I generally try to post it there, here and PM any individuals I want to join my game. But good on you for posting it in the fury road thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I did not know that thread existed, so I've posted there.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i just watched mad max fury road.

it was mediocre

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

CCKeane posted:

A friend linked this article to me because my friends make fun of me for being very polite.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/08/good-reason-to-be-wary-of-overly-polite-people.html

It is probably useful for mafia too, probably.

This is my modus operandi whenever I play games with people in real life. It is easier to build rapport with your enemies so that they open their gates than it is to be honest with your intentions and waste time besieging them.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

busb posted:

it was mediocre

this is an incorrect opinion

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I saw Trainwreck a few nights ago and loved it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I still haven't seen Mad Max.

I did just rewatch Devil's Advocate and then I tweeted We Hate Movies saying they should review it, and they replied to me, so that felt cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

it was mediocre
so is your opinion