Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
Scheduled a reservation for Apple Store pickup on Friday night the 25th. I hope they hold it until I get back in town on Monday. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

Baller Witness Bro posted:

3:11ET here and I still can't get in. Sucks to not have an iOS device I suppose.

The rest of us sheep are rewarded for our loyalty :smug:

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Anyone else attempting to buy an unsubsidized Verizon phone? For some reason the Apple website is trying to charge me a $40 activation fee, even though I'm not signing a new contract.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Ordered super easy from Verizon, no problems at all first try and arrives 9-25-2015. I use their trade-in program too, and it worked very easily although I was expecting to have to call in to pre-order because it wasn't a straight purchase.

6S Plus hype, previous 6 owner

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

Nfcknblvbl posted:

How do I order it with apple's payment plan instead of AT&T Next? It's either that or pay full amount on the app.

trigger9631 posted:

I got stuck here too :(. Anyone know what to do?

scroll down to the very bottom of the page in the app. There's a Learn More link. That'll take you to the Upgrade Program page.

or go here in a browser: http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Wow. That was the easiest time I've ever had doing this.

Silver 6s+ 64GB ordered (upgrading from 5s 16GB)

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Got in on my phone (6+) earlier than on my wife's phone (5). Was able to buy mine easily, but on hers it kept having an issue accessing AT&T servers for some reason at the end page. So I just did her line on mine (replace phone on another line option), and it worked perfectly. Getting a silver 128 + for me and a Rose Gold 64 for her, both delivering on 9/25. This is the smoothest I've ever had this go, and I've been one of the stupid people who either lined up at 5 AM, or stayed up all night to get on the store since the 3G.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I can order a 6S Plus on ATT site and wait like an extra month for $400, why isn't it an option on Apples site??

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The apple australia site just has a message rotating through a bunch of languages saying 'our virtual doors are about to open, it won't be long now'. Preorders were supposed to start 16 minutes ago, what's taking so long!

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Just got mine through the app. Web is still down for me.

128GB Silver - reserved for in-store pickup

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
The Apple Store app was such a smooth experience, I learned my lesson from trying to use the website when pre-ordering the iPhone 5s. I'm glad I tried a 6+ in a store today, otherwise I'd be in a $1600 CAD anxiety moment right now after ordering a 6S+ (I hate you, Canadian Dollar).

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

For Apple Upgrade Program/In-store reservations, I went through the checkout process and picked "Replace my iPhone" and "Pay Full Price" before the check in-store availability link showed up. Clicking it took me to safari where I could buy 1 or 2 of the iPhones I selected. My store had a ton of reservation windows left, for what it's worth.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

So I'm assuming to get the Apple Upgrade Plan you just had to make a store reservation? I didn't see any mention of it in the Apple Store app so I just followed the instructions to make a reservation. v:shobon:v

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

Kruxy posted:

scroll down to the very bottom of the page in the app. There's a Learn More link. That'll take you to the Upgrade Program page.

or go here in a browser: http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

The browser link worked! I'm all set, thanks!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Using the app this year is proving useless for ya boy.

Clicking "check availability" or whatever links me to Safari, then it asks for my login credentials, but then it spins for awhile then just asks for them again.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Apple hasn't text me back yet :f5:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

No one way to port a number through the app. Also, it was telling me that I would either pay the full price now or sign up for ATTs next bullshit. There was no subsidized option. Dumb.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
lol, with tax and apple care, 64GB 6s is a hair under one thousand american dollars. woo.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The store isn't even up according to my browser. What the helllllll

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Anyone else having problems with signing into apple after selecting your pickup location?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Man does the upfront cost of buying an iPhone stings. I know it's cheaper, and I can easily cover the cost, but I'm tempted to do the payment plan just because it doesn't hurt as much.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

No one way to port a number through the app. Also, it was telling me that I would either pay the full price now or sign up for ATTs next bullshit. There was no subsidized option. Dumb.

Same thing here. I also tried the att website and it only gave me an option of paying full price-even though I'm eligible for an upgrade.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yep same boat, well played Apple/ATT.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Consummate Professional posted:

Apple hasn't text me back yet :f5:

I'm now running into this problem. Bleh. I also waffled on whether to get a 6S or 6S+ and I caved in because shiny and it's only 4 dollars a month difference...

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Anyone else having problems with signing into apple after selecting your pickup location?

I am here. I'm watching the reservation time increase each and every time too.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I ended up using my other one cause timb won't let us combine.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

.Z. posted:

Man does the upfront cost of buying an iPhone stings. I know it's cheaper, and I can easily cover the cost, but I'm tempted to do the payment plan just because it doesn't hurt as much.

:eyepop: I'm looking at this email confirmation and feel the exact same way. Too bad apple wont let me do it through Cricket Wireless :(

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.
I couldn't discern any way to order the phone through Apple's upgrade plan so I just bought the drat 6S Plus at full price and I'll go in and ask them about it later.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

GenericGirlName posted:

:eyepop: I'm looking at this email confirmation and feel the exact same way. Too bad apple wont let me do it through Cricket Wireless :(

Does the carrier even matter now? Shouldn't you be able to select one of the carriers that gives the option of the payment plan (like t-mobile) and then just drop in your cricket sim?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I just want to reserve a phone through you Apple, let me reserve a phone????

Falco
Dec 31, 2003

Freewheeling At Last

limekle posted:

Going from 5S to 6S... hopefully my hands will adapt to the bigger size. I really, really like the size of the 5S. :ohdear:

I feel the same way. I've played with my wife's 6 and it's tolerable although I can't reach the far corner at all. I think I'll be soft double pressing the home button a lot.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

.Z. posted:

Does the carrier even matter now? Shouldn't you be able to select one of the carriers that gives the option of the payment plan (like t-mobile) and then just drop in your cricket sim?

To clarify, I meant too bad they won't let me do the payment plan/upgrade plan w/ circket wireless. I paid full price for an unlocked phone just fine. (I called apple earlier today (yesterday) and they told me I could not get a payment plan/upgrade plan iPhone that was unlocked and use it with Cricket Wireless.)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Another year down, another iPhone easily claimed before the hordes descend.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

For the 6 people on Sprint the website is slower than Sprint LTE, but I was able to get in via Telesales and got my order placed.

These are their shipping estimates from the confirmation email.

quote:

We will make every effort to get you your new phone within the estimated timeframes below:
• iPhone 6s all GB sizes, all colors: We will do our best to deliver by 9/25.
• iPhone 6s Plus 16GB and 64GB, all colors: Up to 4 weeks from your order date.
• iPhone 6s Plus 128GB, Space Gray and Gold: We will do our best to deliver by 9/25.
• iPhone 6s Plus 128GB, Silver and Rose Gold: Up to 4 weeks from your order date.

Now bring on the iPad Pro!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The store is still showing "we'll be right back" on all browsers I use and even using Safari mobile. But the Apple Store app works and I can't progress through it unless I use Safari mobile — which thinks the store is down.

limekle
Nov 15, 2004

This isn't a democracy anymore.
STAY IN THE HOUSE, CARL.

Falco posted:

I feel the same way. I've played with my wife's 6 and it's tolerable although I can't reach the far corner at all. I think I'll be soft double pressing the home button a lot.

Yeah, my brother has the 6 and it doesn't feel great, but I also remember a time that I couldn't imagine using anything larger than the 4S, and now that feels cramped as hell whenever I pick up my old phone. My mom has a 6+ which I have to fix for her often, so at least I know it won't be that huge. She has a Mophie case on her 6+ and it is just comically large.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

mother fuckers won't let me retain my 5 dollar 200 a month texting plan i've had since iphone 3 :argh:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tweak posted:

mother fuckers won't let me retain my 5 dollar 200 a month texting plan i've had since iphone 3 :argh:

Who still uses texts?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Ordered. Got the 64gb space gray 6S+. Happy birthday to me. Very easy to do via the app. Normally I go through Verizon directly, but kept getting promoted to switch to a metered DP.

With my oldest step daughter watching Netflix all the time on my phone now, not willing to give up unlimited yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Who still uses texts?

luckily most everyone i text has imessage so it doesn't matter, but still