Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This upgrade program mess is loving me all up. I can't get a reserve in through anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

So people who liked having a small phone, but jumped to the 6+ size. How did it work out for you? Ended up adjusting and never looking back? Or jumping back down to the 6 or something smaller?

I've used both at work for testing stuff, but the 6+ never feels comfortable for me. But I'm not using the 6+ as my actual phone, so I'm not being forced to adjust.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

noirstronaut posted:

This upgrade program mess is loving me all up. I can't get a reserve in through anything.

Me too. My text won't get responded to. I just want to go to sleep.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Consummate Professional posted:

I can't even sign in after choosing a store. I have no idea what is happening.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I finally got my reservation after changing the password to my Apple ID.

noirstronaut posted:

I can't even sign in after choosing a store. I have no idea what is happening.

Try what I did!

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Consummate Professional posted:

Mine too.. I'm just assuming at this point I'm out of luck.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

fourwood posted:

Scheduled a reservation for Apple Store pickup on Friday night the 25th. I hope they hold it until I get back in town on Monday. :ohdear:

Apple posted:

Your reservation is valid for pickup only at the Apple Retail Store that you selected. If you do not pick up your selected item(s) by the designated date and time, your reservation will be cancelled and your item(s) will be returned to stock

Might be in stock but it'll be because they had stock for walk-ups; doubt they'll hold your reserved phone for more than an hour or two after your appointment. Which is good for me since since I too forgot I was traveling that weekend so will be abandoning my hometown reservation for one in the city I'll actually be in. Or at least good for the walk-up who wants my specific model at my store after me.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I would seriously rather wait in line all night than spend the 20 minutes every day getting the cord to charge my hosed up phone for another week.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Somehow able to order a subsidized Sprint Space Gray 6s 64GB through Safari on my laptop.

Have order number and is listed under my orders page, but no confirmation email yet despite my bank seeing an authentication request from Apple; any idea how long a confirmation email may take?

This will by my first iPhone after 5+ years on Android, currently on a M7 and wanted to stay with a similar form factor in a premium phone and this was the only option.

e: Is there a compelling reason to get the phone at an Apple Store rather than having it delivered directly to my house? Chose delivery, didn't occur to me to go into a store to deal with the masses.

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 12, 2015

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
So AT&T still offers the subsidy for 2 year contract but only through them, not apples site.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Australian store is up! bought a 64gb gold 6S plus!

jm3000
Jan 19, 2004

Pancake Dance Party
Nap Ghost

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Wow that worked! Thanks! Now back to bed.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Try what I did!

This worked. I placed a reservation for early Friday, but I kinda really don't wanna stand outside some place for hours with a reservation for a phone when I could be working.

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

As others have reported, I was not able to get the AT&T subsidy to take ordering from Apple so I ordered from AT&T directly. My 128GB 6S+ shows mid-October, which is a bummer, but maybe it'll get bumped up.

I have no idea why Apple wouldn't allow me to use my full upgrade discount when ordering through them. My only options were full price contract-free and AT&T Next.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Huh, Next 18 is better that a 2-year if you're in a shared plan. Cool.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

zenintrude posted:

e: Is there a compelling reason to get the phone at an Apple Store rather than having it delivered directly to my house? Chose delivery, didn't occur to me to go into a store to deal with the masses.

If you want to use Apple's upgrade program.
If you don't want the phone delivered to the billing address of the wireless account.
If you want to trade in your old phone to Apple.
If you are scared of unboxing technology alone and want/need an Apple Store employee to hold your hand during the process.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

fordan posted:

If you want to use Apple's upgrade program.
If you don't want the phone delivered to the billing address of the wireless account.
If you want to trade in your old phone to Apple.
If you are scared of unboxing technology alone and want/need an Apple Store employee to hold your hand during the process.

You forgot:

If you crave the 'atmosphere' of spending an evening camped out in a giant queue in front of an apple store.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
If you have reserved an iPhone and have a scheduled pickup time, why would you have to camp out? I've never gone to the store on launch day so idk what to expect.

Also, going through Apple to buy an iPhone means I'm not using my upgrade nor have to change my plan with AT&T? I don't want to pay their monthly device access charge or get into a contract or lease a locked phone. I just can't give up my grandfathered unlimited data and 25%Fan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just woke up randomly and reserved a 64 GB 6S without a problem. Looking at the official cases, I see Apple brought back the light brown from the 5S and dropped the olive brown that I currently have. May snag either that or the orange silicone. Or both. Who knows.

And no, if you have a reservation, you don't have to camp out. You just show up st your appointed time and maybe have to wait a little bit, but you should be in and out in an hour at the absolute most. That's the entire point.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

So it doesn't make any loving sense but I changed my password, relogged into every thing and remade my reservation and didn't even have to send a text to reserve my phone. And I can still get it friday morning. That was obtuse as gently caress but it seems changing your password does seem to help. Now to go to bed. Apple has some kinks with the upgrade program to work out.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

GenericGirlName posted:

To clarify, I meant too bad they won't let me do the payment plan/upgrade plan w/ circket wireless. I paid full price for an unlocked phone just fine. (I called apple earlier today (yesterday) and they told me I could not get a payment plan/upgrade plan iPhone that was unlocked and use it with Cricket Wireless.)

See, this is the opposite of what I've heard and plan on doing. I'm on a prepaid plan (T-mobile nerd plan) and "reserved" a fully priced T-mobile phone. My understanding is I walk in, say, "I want your monthly payment plan" get a credit check, and and pop in my sim and I should be good to go. (I have a unlocked fully paid for 5S, so I know its the same sim).

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 12, 2015

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Glumwheels posted:

If you have reserved an iPhone and have a scheduled pickup time, why would you have to camp out? I've never gone to the store on launch day so idk what to expect.

Also, going through Apple to buy an iPhone means I'm not using my upgrade nor have to change my plan with AT&T? I don't want to pay their monthly device access charge or get into a contract or lease a locked phone. I just can't give up my grandfathered unlimited data and 25%Fan

The device charge is built into the plan whether you use the upgrade or not. If you see yourself on AT&T for the next 24 months you should accept the subsidy as you are paying for it anyways.

25% FAN? I thought I was getting over with my 23%

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
So about reservations: will I get my phone between the time listed or should I expect to wait hours for it? Don't wanna wait hours.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

noirstronaut posted:

So about reservations: will I get my phone between the time listed or should I expect to wait hours for it? Don't wanna wait hours.

plan for day one hiccups with the credit checks and check out system.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gohmak posted:

The device charge is built into the plan whether you use the upgrade or not. If you see yourself on AT&T for the next 24 months you should accept the subsidy as you are paying for it anyways.

26% here :q:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
drat. Changed my password earlier but didn't try submitting a new preorder. Just did that and immediately got in for reservation on the 25th.. I put 8PM as it's a bit of a drive to the store.. Will the stores remain open later that day or no?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
No red leather iPhone 6s Plus case this time? I really liked the weathered look the one on my 5s had after a couple of months.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Goddamn muther fucker!@E!$#@@

Expected Shipping Date

10/16/2015 to 10/23/2015

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

gohmak posted:

I have a very old plan that hasn't changed price in years. The only thing appealing to me with Apple's plan is being able to upgrade every year without switching to a NEXT plan, getting an unlocked phone, and not signing another contract with AT&T.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

I too would expect about an hour absent major systems failures say 20-30 min waiting and 15-20 bringing out the phone and activating it. But guess what tends to happen on iPhone release day when Apple's activation servers get stressed harder than they have been before (or much much more likely, carrier activation systems)?

If you're east coast you can make an appointment at the very beginning of the day when the other timezones aren't offering the phone yet so activation load isn't terrible, or anywhere later in the day when the huge group of "must have it now" nerds already have been and gone. But we're all up right now talking about this and preordering a phone in the middle of the night so I think we all know what camp we fall in.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gohmak posted:

Goddamn muther fucker!@E!$#@@

Expected Shipping Date

10/16/2015 to 10/23/2015

Through the ATT site? It's been saying those dates since the beginning. I'll bet they ship wayyyyyy earlier.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

UScr00ge posted:

As others have reported, I was not able to get the AT&T subsidy to take ordering from Apple so I ordered from AT&T directly. My 128GB 6S+ shows mid-October, which is a bummer, but maybe it'll get bumped up.

I have no idea why Apple wouldn't allow me to use my full upgrade discount when ordering through them. My only options were full price contract-free and AT&T Next.

Yeah, AT&T really has it out for grandfathered unlimited customers.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

gohmak posted:

So AT&T still offers the subsidy for 2 year contract but only through them, not apples site.

This is really loving dumb.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Further, I didn't realize how much wireless plans had changed since I've had mine forever and been grandfathered in through every upgrade. Wireless providers are really giving customers the old unlubed in-and-out, aren't they?

Blinkz0rz fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 12, 2015

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

limekle posted:

Going from 5S to 6S... hopefully my hands will adapt to the bigger size. I really, really like the size of the 5S. :ohdear:

I have small dainty hands which has kept me on the 5s until now. I think the rubber case is a must for grip.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm from Ireland and U.S. data plans are literally criminal. I pay the equivalent of around $30 a month for unlimited data/texts/same network calls and other networks are free on weekends.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
iPhone 6s 64GB SG ordered, :getin:

£29/month for 20GB, £25/month for the phone.

I can't believe Verizon are charging $80/mo for 12GB.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

6S 128GB ordered, loving finally.

They took away my $5 messaging and almost took away my subsidized price and grandfathered plan. gently caress AT&T forever imo except all other carriers are the same or worse.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Couldn't order since I have one payment on my AT&T Next plan left before eligible to upgrade. Oh well...not ready to give up my jailbreak anyhow. Guess I'll wait and see what happens on that front with the new phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Well that was easy. Missed the timer I set to wake me up but now it's 6am eastern and I've got a phone coming in on the 25th.

5 to a 6s should be nice