Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Redeye Flight posted:

I also want this, being an American and getting in late.

For the video, http://www.labour.org.uk/pages/labour-leadership-results

No text as far as I'm aware though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Just joined the party.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Trickjaw posted:

All this focusing on a male leadership is ridiculous. Whats wrong with people getting positions based on a ability rather than genitals?

Well, if genitals/gender never had anything to do with it then there'd have been a lot more female party leaders by now, but that's more of a widespread issue than just focussing on one candidate so i imagine we probably agree and are just saying things differently

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Nice Prescott interview.

"What do you think that these two literal whos don't want to serve in Jeremy's cabinet?" "Ask me a real question."

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Haha Prezza doesn't know who the shadow health minister 'is he in our party?' He seems a bit befuddled, love him. But he's putting the boot into Blair, which is only right.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Chucat posted:

Nice Prescott interview.

"What do you think that these two literal whos don't want to serve in Jeremy's cabinet?" "Ask me a real question."

"Who's Jamie Reed? Is he in our party?"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Angepain posted:

Well, if genitals/gender never had anything to do with it then there'd have been a lot more female party leaders by now, but that's more of a widespread issue than just focussing on one candidate so i imagine we probably agree and are just saying things differently

Not a single woman spoke at the Special Conference. Four white men and Sadiq Khan.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Yes.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
If Corbyn had been female I'd have voted just as hard for her.

I'd love it if one of the female candidates had actually been the one saying the things I agreed with. I wish they had been. But I'd prefer to have a male candidate I agree with than a female one I don't.

Especially one who's pledged to a 50:50 male:female cabinet. I just hope he's able to follow through on that one.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Is anyone still still watching bbc news with the guy doing the fake iScreen dance? my god Christian Fraser I think his name was

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
"People who have given their whole careers to the Labour Party are devastated." looooooool

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

"Let us be a force for change, humanity and peace in the world. We are one world."

Actual Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Hey UKMT! Congratulations JC picking up the leadership. I'm slightly more hopeful about everything today.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

"People who have given their whole careers to the Labour Party are devastated." looooooool
Good

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

croc suit
Nov 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So is labour actually going to split?

Mr N
Oct 20, 2010

I think someone needs to create a collage of depressed/angry looking blairites.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Full member from today.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

croc suit posted:

Nah they'll just white-ant him until he can be knifed

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

quote:

Some say there there has to be a trade off between principles and power, but our history tells us this isn't true. Following in the footsteps of Attlee, Wilson and other Labour legends, we must now also work to get Labour back into office because that is the ultimate way of putting our values in to action, and that was the original intention of Keir Hardie and the party's founders.
- C. (Umunna)

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

croc suit posted:

Doubt it. With the mandate Corbyn has, any splitters would be risking their seat on the gravy train.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Mr N posted:

I think someone needs to create a collage of depressed/angry looking blairites.

God yes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The man couldn't be a more blatant trojan horse.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Full member from today.

I hope enough people do this that it actually gets picked up

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I hope enough people do this that it actually gets picked up

Half a dozen non-UKMT friends of mine have done this today so far

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The future of the Blairites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

And superimpose Kapparomeo's post over it.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So Cameron is going to be in power for at least one more election.

Good stuff.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Good stuff.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

GaussianCopula posted:

Good stuff.

I can promise you 100% by the end of the next general election, Cameron will not be Prime Minister.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I can't actually tell whether you are mocking me for making a bad joke or because you think I'm anti-corbyn, so let me just reassure you that I am not even British and I am legit excited about corbyn winning

If it's because it was a bad joke that's OK then

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

So many New Labour tears :allears:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

freebooter posted:

I can't actually tell

No, I was offering a better video

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

a glitch posted:

Well at least Hodges is consistent, even in defeat he ignores reality

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

some pisspot on my facebook posted:

Well, after what has already been a mammoth political year, it just gets even better! I spent the majority of my youth under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's premiership and I find it so hard to believe that right now, on this day, New Labour has just finally died. This really is a Party in crisis.
As someone who is not a member of the Labour Party I won't gloat as I had no say in this Leadership Contest. But I will say a massive congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn MP on becoming the new Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition.
It is however, a dramatic step backwards. They may have talked about the new Leader reinvigorating belief and hope in their Party; but the Labour Party I will spend fighting over the coming years is now not one that belongs to the Britain of 2015, it's one of pure regression and reversion to the politics of decades ago.

He's now gloating about the shadow cabinet resignations as if they're a big deal and Jeremy wouldn't have just fired them anyway. Just you wait, mate

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

mrpwase posted:

"Let us be a force for change, humanity and peace in the world. We are one world."

Actual Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The continued insistence that a man who keeps getting elected with a higher vote share, has swept to victory in the first round despite a sustained campaign against him and who a lot of disaffected voters from UKIP and the like have said would vote for him is totally unelectable is really cute.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

a glitch posted:

So now that they've abandoned attempts to say he's unelectable they're attempting to say he's unintelligible?

This will be amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

a glitch posted:

Just looked him up, I genuinely thought he was a Tory.

• Locked thread