Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Is the only way to play this game on pc nowadays? I'm playing and loving 14, thought 11 might be interesting to try. But I might be an idiot to consider it

I didn't try to recover my old account. I paid $9 for everything. and in one day, solo, I was able to burn up to the first level cap with reasonably leveled skills. yes... just buy it for pc if you are interested in playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

HundredxNails posted:

I didn't try to recover my old account. I paid $9 for everything. and in one day, solo, I was able to burn up to the first level cap with reasonably leveled skills. yes... just buy it for pc if you are interested in playing.

Leveling with trusts makes this game easy peasy to level. Especially when they are having exp+% campaigns. There is a goonls on Asura called GetOut. It is run by an ultra fabulous taru named Frodnon.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I remembered my account details from 2006 and decided to reinstall this to see what it's like now. It uh.. it's kinda changed huh.

Got one job from 16 to 20 in 2 hours of very casual killing while i cooked dinner and did other stuff, found that you now get mp regen while standing up to a certain amount, tp doesn't vanish if you rest, you get a speed boost if you rest, every job seems to have widescan now. BST pets don't kill xp any more.

I also have almost a million gil which i don't remember, but given i quit sometime after the great christmas RMT inflation, that's probably not surprising since i had lots of emperor hairpins and peacock charms from before they changed them to Ex drops.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

megalodong posted:

I remembered my account details from 2006 and decided to reinstall this to see what it's like now. It uh.. it's kinda changed huh.

Got one job from 16 to 20 in 2 hours of very casual killing while i cooked dinner and did other stuff, found that you now get mp regen while standing up to a certain amount, tp doesn't vanish if you rest, you get a speed boost if you rest, every job seems to have widescan now. BST pets don't kill xp any more.

I also have almost a million gil which i don't remember, but given i quit sometime after the great christmas RMT inflation, that's probably not surprising since i had lots of emperor hairpins and peacock charms from before they changed them to Ex drops.

If you want to join the goonls, it is on Asura and is called GetOut. If you are on the fence of switching servers, I would switch to a high population server that you have friends on, unless you just want to mess around casually with ffxi. Then just do what you want, I hope you have fun.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

megalodong posted:

Go back to town, get an exp ring from a gate guard (spend conquest points). If you'd had one already you would've done 16 to 20 in 5 minutes. Well, ok, maybe 10. Mp regen and speed boost are probably the current Super Kupowers. And yes, all jobs get widescan now, though the ones that didn't won't cover as big an area as the classic widescan jobs. Other'n that, do join the goons on Asura, it's worth the transfer.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48259

Trusts in abyssea
einherjar 10 minute kickout increased to 30 instead of just removed entirely for some reason
delve scales down even lower

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
ill be on until around 10pm tonight if some oe could send me a pear. My character name is Travisno.

Edit: Or not... I am getting FFXI-3203 error codes...

HundredxNails fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 22, 2015

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Asura went down, apparently.

e: It's back up.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 22, 2015

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
So are goons on Asura these days? I had a severe laps in judgement recently and reactivated my account (after four years!)

My idea was to get to 99 from 75 on at least one of my jobs and play around with content released since my last departure.

I'm on Quetzalcoatl from way back in the Midgarsormr days. I may move over since Quetzalcoatl seems pretty dead and I haven't ran into anybody familiar that I'd actually want to talk to.

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010

xorex posted:

So are goons on Asura these days? I had a severe laps in judgement recently and reactivated my account (after four years!)

My idea was to get to 99 from 75 on at least one of my jobs and play around with content released since my last departure.

I'm on Quetzalcoatl from way back in the Midgarsormr days. I may move over since Quetzalcoatl seems pretty dead and I haven't ran into anybody familiar that I'd actually want to talk to.

Yup Goons are still on Asura along with some Redditors. People are somewhat active on Asura and it might be worth the move while the discount is in place.

Also Frod, I know awhile back you were offering help for Delve clears, are you still down for these?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Ace Attorney posted:

Yup Goons are still on Asura along with some Redditors. People are somewhat active on Asura and it might be worth the move while the discount is in place.

Also Frod, I know awhile back you were offering help for Delve clears, are you still down for these?

i am, to an extent. i can't drag a ilvl-less pup thru them, you'd need to have the jobs available.

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
is some one available that can help me do my limit break quests tonight? even with trusts i keep getting my poo poo pushed in by adds. Its driving me up the wall!

Ace Attorney
Aug 5, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

i am, to an extent. i can't drag a ilvl-less pup thru them, you'd need to have the jobs available.

My THF and BST are well geared at the moment

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

HundredxNails posted:

is some one available that can help me do my limit break quests tonight? even with trusts i keep getting my poo poo pushed in by adds. Its driving me up the wall!

If you are on the same server I am sure. I am willing to help you out. My in game name is Joobacca, on the Asura server. I should be on in 30 to 40 minutes.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Hey if anyone is on tonight it would be rad if I could get a pearl. Game name is Odjenar.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Same here. I just transferred to Asura. Name is Chimay.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

xorex posted:

Same here. I just transferred to Asura. Name is Chimay.

Suteru, Frod, Joobacca, and I am sure a few others can invite you. Which day and time of day is best to get you that fancy linkpearl?

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I just got on. I'm hoping to blaze it to 95 and do the last limit break tonight.

Also, I had to change names. Give a pearl to Mickeys.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Mickeys is pearled, nothing to see here.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 27, 2015

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Is it possible to solo in order to get some of the empyrean stuff I missed?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

xorex posted:

Is it possible to solo in order to get some of the empyrean stuff I missed?

all of abyssea is easily soloable now. Basically if it isn't Ilvl, it's soloable.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
What should I spend Unity Accolades on? I'm about capped out, but don't have any of the augmentable gear.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

xorex posted:

What should I spend Unity Accolades on? I'm about capped out, but don't have any of the augmentable gear.

Crystals for augmenting JSE capes or you can sell them for a small chunk of change. You can also trade them for gobbie keys if you like gambling.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
I guess I can grab a couple of crystals. The unity points seemed to fill up fast. Are the gobbie keys basically the same thing as if I get the 50 point special dial?

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

xorex posted:

I guess I can grab a couple of crystals. The unity points seemed to fill up fast. Are the gobbie keys basically the same thing as if I get the 50 point special dial?

Yup.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

arkma wrote on Sep 4, 2015 9:05 AM:
I have accomplished everything I wanted in ffxi expect for this one final thing: you are a terrible person, literally the worst I have ever encountered online.

:byewhore:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

rip Arkma, did he really write that stuff in the lsmes?

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 5, 2015

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I've finally removed any trace of FFXI (windower, gearswaps, bots, etc.) and I must say it feels drat good.

Had a lot of good times in FFXI, but can't say there was anything fun about having to throw stones at 4 pieces of the same gear to cover different augments for gearswapping. Also wish they didn't wait till basically the very end to breathe a form of life into crafting.

Have fun jerks

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I've finally removed any trace of FFXI (windower, gearswaps, bots, etc.) and I must say it feels drat good.

Had a lot of good times in FFXI, but can't say there was anything fun about having to throw stones at 4 pieces of the same gear to cover different augments for gearswapping. Also wish they didn't wait till basically the very end to breathe a form of life into crafting.

Have fun jerks

You have fun doing other stuff, butts.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

SE posted:

Announcing the September Version Update
Greets, adventurers! This is Matsui, here to give you a rundown of the upcoming September patch.

Hopefully you’ll find this patch full of exciting new content, quality of life adjustments, and a wide array of other additions and adjustments to make your treks throughout Vana’diel better than ever.

First off, the date! The development and quality assurance teams are working to meet our target of September 16.

As I alluded to above, the meat of this patch lies in new battle and quest content, various job adustments, and quality of life improvements.

First, the quest In the Land of the Blind will see the conclusion of one of Adoulin’s several continuing storylines. As with other ultimate chapters, In the Land of the Blind will provide those who complete it with a special item commensurate with their efforts. If you haven’t been following the story since its inception, I encourage you to take this opportunity to explore this little slice of Adoulin.

Continuing down the last, we’ll be adding rank 6 monster rearing to your Mog Gardens, accompanied as always by new monster types: behemoths and bombs. Those dedicated to rearing their creatures may see them grow up to become fearsome erasmoths or snolls and terrorize the countryside—or at least your Garden.

Those dedicated to pursuing the thrill of battle will not want to miss two new high-tier mission battlefields: one featuring Omega nad Ultimate, and the other Promathia. Whether you want to relieve the battles of eld or get your feet wet for the first time, there’s now even more reason to time up with your comrades and tackle these deadly threats.

Further battle content includes new notorious monsters for both Wanted battles and Geas Fete, an additional way to receive rewards from Vagary, a decrease in enemy HP when tackling Incursion and Delve in low-man parties, and an increase in time limit for players attempting Einherjar with fewer than six players. With content both new and old at your disposal, there’s something for everyone!

While job adjustments this go around are focused or parameter adjustments, geomancers and rune fencer will surely be tickled to hear that we’re finally adding job emotes for Adoulin’s newcomers! We’re sorry that it’s taken so long, but I hope you’ll be pleased with the results!

System-side improvements include the display of timers on status buff icons, the ability to independently resize multiple log windows, a function to company the attributes of a selected item with that currently equipped, and much more!

We’re all burning the night oil to make sure the content gets to you as soon as possible, so mark the date in your calendar and get your soda and chips ready!

The following is a list of items to be implemented in the September version update. Some content is currently undergoing testing, and certain entries may not be implemented if last minute bugs are encountered or any balance issues rear their heads.

Mission and Quest-related

Update Task and Overview In-progress Tasks Notes
Halloween Text creation
Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Add system to display requirements for progression
Seekers of Adoulin quest Text creation
Cutscene creation
Battle balance adjustments
Mog Gardens Text creation
Cutscene creation
Create new rearing monsters
Adjust behavior of monsters in the rearing ground
Salvage Adjust the real world time restrictions of the equipment creation NPC
Quest: "In the Name of Science" Create system to confirm the necessary items for the creation of equipment
Quest: "Scholar Attire" Adjust the spawn conditions for Indescript Markings

Area and Monster-related

Escha - Ru'Aun Create new notorious monsters
Sih Gates Add monsters for high-level players
Moh Gates Add monsters for high-level players
Dho Gates Add monsters for high-level players
Woh Gates Add monsters for high-level players
Outer Ra'Kaznar Add monsters for high-level players
Ra'Kaznar Inner Court Add monsters for high-level players

Content and System-related

Domain Invasion Adjust rewards
Adjust reward acquisition requirements
Sinister Reign Increase the drop rate of certain equipment
High-tier mission battlefields Create new notorious monsters
Adjust battle balance
Geas Fete Create new notorious monsters
Adjust battle balance
Unity: Wanted Create new notorious monsters
Adjust battle balance
Records of Eminence Add new objectives
Add items that can be purchased with vouchers
Incursion Adjust HP of notorious monsters when participating with less than 6 people
Delve Adjust HP of notorious monsters when participating with less than 6 people
Coalition assignments Adjust the coalition rank variation conditions
Adjust coalition assignment rewards
Einherjar Adjust instance time when participating with less than 6 people
Voidwatch Adjust the special attacks of certain notorious monsters
Abyssea Adjust the special attacks of certain notorious monsters
Job emotes Add geomancer job emote
Add rune fencer job emote
Titles Add new titles

Battle-related

Dark knight Adjust the amount of HP absorbed for Drain, Drain II, and Drain III
Adjust the effect of Dread Spikes
Adjust the effects of Absorb-type spells
Adjust the effect of Scarlet Delirium
Beastmaster Adjust the range in which pet commands can be used
Ninja Adjust the effect of Myoshu
Adjust the effect of Kakka
Dragoon Adjust Spirit Link
Change the specs for Wyvern breath
Summoner Adjust the cool down timer for Apogee
Adjust the range in which pet commands can be used
Blue mage Add new blue magic spells
Corsair Adjust the effect of Beast Roll and Drachen Roll
Puppetmaster Change merit point categories
Adjust automaton skills
Adjust stats of existing attachments
Scholar Change the acquisition level of certain spells
Trust Add new alter egos
Adjust the logic and balance of certain alter egos
Expand the content in which alter egos can be used

Item-related

Halloween Create new reward items
Seekers of Adoulin quest Create new reward items
New NPC Create NPC where you can store Rem's Tales
Create NPC that collects equipment
High-tier mission battlefield Create new reward items
Geas Fete Create new reward items
Unity: Wanted Create new reward items
Vagary Add new methods for acquiring rewards
Chair emote Create items for new chairs
Notorious monsters Make it possible to transfer trigger items for certain notorious monsters between characters on the same account

UI-related

Party formation feature Implement new feature to aid party formation/recruitment
Timer feature Add system to display remaining effect duration on status icons
Split log window Add feature to individually set the width of windows
Content guide Add content introduction page
Equipment stat comparison feature Add a system to compare the stats of items you have equipped with another item
Currencies feature Add items

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
The September update looks pretty good. I hope that SE continues to do stuff like this after the November update.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

The September update looks pretty good. I hope that SE continues to do stuff like this after the November update.

AHAHAHAHA...AHA.. HA....heh.... :sigh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Did I already miss goldfish scooping summerfest?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

AHAHAHAHA...AHA.. HA....heh.... :sigh:

Please let me live with a bit of hope. Sarcasm mixed with hope, it is my bread and butter. I just wish I could stop imagining the people who make my wawa hoagies, spitting into the bread while their back is turned. It makes it really difficult to eat it. I probably should stop harassing them.

Shinjobi posted:

Did I already miss goldfish scooping summerfest?

Yes, The Sunbreeze Festival 2015 was August 10th to August 31st. I got some armor, fireworks and trust npc scrolls all for spamming macros.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 10, 2015

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Since I'm back from a way longer than planned break, are there any trusts I've missed that were actually worth a crap?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Personally, while I've been diligently doing login campaigns and the like, all of my most frequently used trusts are the ones that are permanently available, such as Zeid 2 and Arciela. Just be sure to join or switch to Apururu's unity (you can get a trust for your unity leader if you keep your personal unity ranking high enough), since she's a loving kickass healer.

Alter ego extravaganza trusts (like Joachim or Koru-Moru) tend to be more interesting than login point trusts. YMMV.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOlZLWG_Lok

Norio Wakamoto as the Shadow Lord. How dorky. A+.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Clearly the best thing to happen this update is the /jobemote geo. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48564p

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 16, 2015

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Clearly the best thing to happen this update is the /jobemote geo. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48564p

nah, it has to be this.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Botulus_Suit_%2B1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

omg im going to spend the entire weekend just soloing 113 dawn over and over because gently caress it.