Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I have Kid Vegeta already but decided to try to get Super Attack 10. Bad idea, he just won't spawn.

Does he only spawn in the Planet Vegeta mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

zelah posted:

Got mask to Super 10, replacing my SSR* TEQ Trunks with him. Seems like a sidegrade but one day that Super 10 will come in handy

You and me both. Into the fodder pool he goes!

He'll work nicely with my Jackie Chun Level 10 Super.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

You and me both. Into the fodder pool he goes!

He'll work nicely with my Jackie Chun Level 10 Super.

How did you get Jackie Chun past Super Level 6? I thought you could only get 6 of him from the event?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

How did you get Jackie Chun past Super Level 6? I thought you could only get 6 of him from the event?

Not that I'm aware of. Was able to farm him to get 10.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

Not that I'm aware of. Was able to farm him to get 10.

Oh, I guess he randomly drops afterward? I should've known.

Also, with the new update, unless I'm misinterpreting, it looks like there's an icon indicating the enemy character is about to do a Super!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Well, I wanted the new Trunks but I went well past my allowance and didn't snag him. Sad times. :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Well, I wanted the new Trunks but I went well past my allowance and didn't snag him. Sad times. :(

I wasted my last 5 stones from an achievement and daily gifts to pick up a R that doesn't even help me with the Super/Extreme team achievements. womp womp

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

You're thinking of the Saiyan Warrior Race R Nappa and R Vegeta, probably. Those max at 6, since they drop on two levels each on the three difficulties.

Got two of the new SR STR 19, seems pretty solid. Has Brutal Beatdown to work with the Future Androids. Didn't luck into a Dauntless Runner 17, but oh well. Having a good SR STR Android is better than Innocents on AGI 18, I think.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 11, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

You're thinking of the Saiyan Warrior Race R Nappa and R Vegeta, probably. Those max at 6, since they drop on two levels each on the three difficulties.

Got two of the new SR STR 19, seems pretty solid. Has Brutal Beatdown to work with the Future Androids. Didn't luck into a Dauntless Runner 17, but oh well. Having a good SR STR Android is better than Innocents on AGI 18, I think.

Is Dauntless Runner good or something? (Edit: drat, he is pretty nice.. too bad there's not really another TEQ Android.) I haven't paid any attention to him, I've had the TEQ one forever, think it was my first SR. He's pretty bad but I've got a zillion of him, so he's in my Android deck. I got one of the 19's in my search for SSJ Trunks and his Leader and Passive are nice too. Need to work with him a bit to see if it's worth it. The Android link is hard for a team, only adds to defense, so kinda tanky.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 11, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Is Dauntless Runner good or something? (Edit: drat, he is pretty nice.. too bad there's not really another TEQ Android.) I haven't paid any attention to him, I've had the TEQ one forever, think it was my first SR. He's pretty bad but I've got a zillion of him, so he's in my Android deck. I got one of the 19's in my search for SSJ Trunks and his Leader and Passive are nice too. Need to work with him a bit to see if it's worth it. The Android link is hard for a team, only adds to defense, so kinda tanky.

Oh, duh, it's not Dauntless Runner I wanted, it's Infinite Fighting Spirit, the TEQ one. I wanted him to pair with My SR AGI 18. That -attack leader ability is pretty nice, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 11, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So the next strike event is Pikkon...who is apparently an AGL Type, the one type I already have 6 SSR* and 1 UR of. I hope my TEQ Team can to take him down easily.

I was finally able to level up all of my SR*'s to 60. I have 10 SSR*'s to get to 80 and my 1 UR to get to 100, and still trying to figure out the where to get the 10 support item mission. I've been slowing down the playing of this game though, although Bardock is good training fodder since Frezia doesn't want to drop that much.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Ouch, my chilled pair. :stonk:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Dude is real strong on z-hard. Be careful if you head left at the fork, it's a 4 ginyu fight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can farm king cold apparently.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Tae posted:

You can farm king cold apparently.

He's got a low drop rate a la Cyborg Tao, it seems.

This strike is easier if you use Jackie Chung both as your main and as your guest/friend, with a team full of greens

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Got Pikkon on my first Hard run. Is he any good?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Got Pikkon on my first Hard run. Is he any good?

He's a great AGL leader and has a strong passive. No idea how high his stats are, but that alone makes him pretty good.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Webbeh posted:

He's got a low drop rate a la Cyborg Tao, it seems.

This strike is easier if you use Jackie Chung both as your main and as your guest/friend, with a team full of greens

Double Chilled leader is good too.

For some reason Chilled takes a lot less damage from his special than other cards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've got a bug where I can't purchase Dragon Stones anymore. I got killed fighting Kid Vegeta yesterday because I was being cocky and I hadn't seen that little bastard in forever. I was going to buy a handful of stones and my game crashed during the purchase. I got the confirmation from Google Play, got back in the game with the "suspended game" thing, and I had no stones. I tried to hit the purchase again thinking it just got borked and it said I had a purchase already in progress, please restart the game. So I did. No change. Finally quit out of the fight and it was still broken. Then I restarted my phone. Still won't work. In touch with Bandai Support but they're having to 'verify my claim." I went in to get a refund from Google and it was approved within 30 seconds, which is bizarre. Still can't make Dokkan Battle purchase. Possibly a blessing in disguise but still really annoying. My Moto X Pure should be here by the end of the week, maybe an account transfer will jostle it loose.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Did they fix the issues with account transfers? I read something about them being busted earlier in the week.

I was going to say I regretted not working on my TEQ team, then I remembered I had Martial Stability Krillin for my Z-Fighters team. I awakened him up and cleared it with no hassles with a friend's Chilled. Got a Pikkon from that first Z-Hard, not sure I care about getting more.

Seems like the trick is to defuse that first super, since it hits so much harder than later ones. Baba or Ox King would be useful, I think.

Here's what I ran it with, for reference:
SR Chilled
UR* PHY SSJ Vegeta
SSR* Guldo
SR* Kid Gohan (event)
SSR* Krillin
SSR* TEQ Nappa

SSJ Vegeta's attack debuff is pretty nice when you can get away with it. Also, I feel like I'm making Battle of the Gods non-canon when I defend Pikkon's super with Kid Gohan.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 13, 2015

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Can I get anything for fighting Frieza in the strike event? I assume he has a reason for being there, but if I'm going to keep fighting him over and over I'd at least like to know what I have a chance to get.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Batmasterson posted:

Can I get anything for fighting Frieza in the strike event? I assume he has a reason for being there, but if I'm going to keep fighting him over and over I'd at least like to know what I have a chance to get.

Pretty sure only King Cold can drop from his fight. The rest are just fluff.

Edit: Oh, nice, I got SR AGI 17 (Dauntless Runner) with the 5 stones for day 60. I'll have to figure where he fits into my Android team, if at all. Wonder if he's better than that new SR STR 19. Seems pretty buff with his passive.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 14, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

No one's taking about Dokkan Awakening finally hitting the US version?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I didn't think they were going to trickle it out one at a time like that. Hopefully the mecha freiza event rolls around again before you can turn him into golden freiza.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Considering they will probably release it with the Resurrection F stuff, and that that only released so early in Japan to celebrate the release of the movie...hard to tell exactly how long it'll be. They might go chronological(ish) order instead of releasing it early.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Think I give up on this game and its terrible drop rates. Done Pikkon close to 10 times on z-hard and still don't have him.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So, where do you get goku medals from?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

CzarChasm posted:

So, where do you get goku medals from?

Area 11 Unknown Saiyans. The Wayward Champion mission on z-hard. You fight a teq Jackie Chun

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Largepotato posted:

Think I give up on this game and its terrible drop rates. Done Pikkon close to 10 times on z-hard and still don't have him.

I had this problem with Chilled, then on the 11th try it dropped. Plus side I got the fight down to a single healing item.

On the subject of Strike Characters, they all have the Bombardment ( +15% Attack ) link skill. With a solid leader, they'd provide you a pretty strong rainbow team without needing to Dragon Stone Summon.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Grind harder. I played Mecha Frieza well over 200 times.

The new Angel Goku is pretty nice though. His super is Extreme damage and looks sweet. I already had the medals needed to dokkan awaken him immediately.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I used that loving Goku for training ages ago.. Now now chance to get him back. gently caress.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There's no way to get a second one of that Goku is there? He's long gone for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was going to plug away at Dokkan Awakening that Goku, but man, he is so much less impressive than Determined Defender. Might still do it, but I'd probably be better off just Z-Awakening what I have.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The lack of saiyan links makes him useless for me.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

There's no way to get a second one of that Goku is there? He's long gone for me.

Supposedly an event in the JP version (of course) allows grinding for more. Makes me wonder if I should just play JP instead.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tae posted:

The lack of saiyan links makes him useless for me.

I was going to add him to my Z-Fighters team.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Echophonic posted:

I was going to plug away at Dokkan Awakening that Goku, but man, he is so much less impressive than Determined Defender. Might still do it, but I'd probably be better off just Z-Awakening what I have.

I think that Goku is called "Goku (Angel) so you can probably use both.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The One Piece game has a pretty big update too, handed out some free characters.
I got a Nami + a set of evolvers to take her to Mirage Tempo, plus a Tabasco Star Usopp.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

UnderFreddy posted:

I think that Goku is called "Goku (Angel) so you can probably use both.

Yeah, but he'd be competing with Determined Defender Goku and Secret Arts Unleashed Yamcha for AGI and I'm not sure he's up to snuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, but he'd be competing with Determined Defender Goku and Secret Arts Unleashed Yamcha for AGI and I'm not sure he's up to snuff.

He's easily better than Secret Arts Yamcha. Unfortunately Defense-down abilities are not very effective due to the way defense work. Even dropping the enemies down to 0 DEF like my Guldo can do doesn't increase damage very much whereas 5% healing every other turn is a nice combo with Extreme super damage (and 15% greater ATK if you choose to use him as the leader.

It's a tougher choice with Determined Goku who has much better stats as well as sheer attack power and I think Determined Goku exceeds Angel Goku. But you can always run both (I have no UR AGI so it's good to have both for me).