Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
I love Keiron Gillens Dazzler pitch:

http://kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/84925044142/dazzler-big-in-attilan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dario the Wop posted:

While not a script, this proposal by Alan Moore for Twilight of the Superheroes immediately comes to mind. I know parts of this are insane, but I would have loved to have seen it published anyway.
It's a pretty gonzo story and it would still make an excellent Elseworlds miniseries or something, but anyway, to this day, the ending with Constantine in the bar is one of my favorite comic book endings, and it's for something that doesn't even exist.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 29, 2015

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

redbackground posted:

It's a pretty gonzo story and it would still make an excellent Elseworlds miniseries or something, but anyway, to this day, the ending with Constantine in the bar is one of my favorite comic book endings, and it's for something that doesn't even exist.

*reads*

Wow holy poo poo. That's awesome.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dario the Wop posted:

While not a script, this proposal by Alan Moore for Twilight of the Superheroes immediately comes to mind. I know parts of this are insane, but I would have loved to have seen it published anyway.

That is a great ending, but I can never get over how batshit that Captain Marvel twist is. It's like... goddamn Alan Original Writer what the gently caress.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TwoPair posted:

That is a great ending, but I can never get over how batshit that Captain Marvel twist is. It's like... goddamn Alan Original Writer what the gently caress.
I just read it too. I think it's kind of brilliant, but also shows why we'll never have that book in real life. Man, its just as much of a John Jonnz twist, and I love that. It's great.

Poor Constantine.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just gonna leave this here.

TwoPair posted:

Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde #2:

I love the New Mutdroids so much.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh poo poo the New Mutants. God drat, I now have 4 titles that I'm going to try to pick up on the cheap after Secret Wars ends (on some kind of sale in the shop after the fact).

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Are those chuckie chese robot versions of them?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Nigh invulnerable while blaaaaaaaaaassstiiiiiinnnn

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I love how he gave Moonstar the focused totality line. The writer really wanted that in there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They all have the catch phrases which is fantastic.

I also like "I never met a Warlock that uses actual Nouns!"

So I am at the start of Inferno. Did Maddy just go from Scott to Alex? Did the Empire State Building eat the Ghostbusters? What the hell is going on????

Oh Mr Sinister, that explains it. I see what people meant that Maddy's outfit in SW Inferno is less boobieliscous than the classic one. It looks like something from a mid 90s Image Comic.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 16, 2015

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Has Lin Li/Nature Girl ever ... said or done much of anything?

Literally the only speaking line of hers I've been able to find is from Nightcrawler #8, where she makes a single comment on something Nightcrawler's doing in the Danger Room. I can't recall her ever speaking in WATXM. I need to know if there's anything else.

Thanks.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Preview of a couple of pages of upcoming Extraordinary X-Men, plus an interview with Lemire Spoilers, obviously

looks like we're back to "no new mutants, mutants going extinct" this time due to Terrigen mists. Putting aside conspiracy theories about Marvel literally killing off the X-Men, I was kinda hoping we were past the mutants on the verge of extinction plotline but apparently that status quo was too exciting to change.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 12, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Relax it'll be fixed in a summer x-event, then fixed again in a pointless avengers cross over a year later.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
really excited for all my favorite x-men to be dead or in concentration camps because ike perlmutter is a sack of poo poo

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

Relax it'll be fixed in a summer x-event, then fixed again in a pointless avengers cross over a year later.

Oh yeah, I totally expect it to get resolved soon enough. As a bonus it might also take care of the past X-Men problem. I was just kinda wishing that All-New All-Different would be, you know, All-New All-Different.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All I want is something like Wolverine and the X-Men or Generation Hope.

Why is that so hard for Marvel to do, kids from diverse backgrounds getting wacky powers that force them into existential crises and fighting wacky terrorists and/or leprechauns, all while playing baseball games and going to classes in between leprechauns and/or terrorists?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can't help but be a bit fond of the metaphor that Inhumans' mists are literally killing mutants in the comics.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

I'm personally looking forward to the upcoming Inhumans V X-Men event. I wasn't around when they released it as "Avengers V X-Men" so I'm glad I'll get the opportunity to buy experience it like it's new.

(okay to be fair it's too early to say it'll be the same thing but my prediction is the Inhumans and X-Men will have a big fight over it, Avengers will fight everyone because why not, ends with past-Jean sacrificing herself to fix whatever the Terrigen mists broke, hopefully other past X-Men leave)

Probably Magic posted:

At least All-New X-Men kinda has that? Wacky roadtrip with the past X-Men minus Jean, X-23, Genesis and Oya. The past X-Men are terrible and never should have happened but so far it seems to be the best shot at a "wacky kids from diverse background fight wacky terrorists while being kids" thing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

Relax it'll be fixed in a summer x-event, then fixed again in a pointless movie rights negotiation over a year later.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

Why is that so hard for Marvel to do, kids from diverse backgrounds getting wacky powers that force them into existential crises and fighting wacky terrorists and/or leprechauns, all while playing baseball games and going to classes in between leprechauns and/or terrorists?

It's not hard. They've done that 97 times, both inside X-Men and out.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I am so sick of mutants being an endangered species, god drat.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

BrianWilly posted:

I can't help but be a bit fond of the metaphor that Inhumans' mists are literally killing mutants in the comics.

Yeah, it's certainly thematic if nothing else.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Cabbit posted:

I am so sick of mutants being an endangered species, god drat.

For real, it's so boring.

Will AvX have been in vain? :negative: People here didn't like that event, but at least it did that one good thing of making more mutants possible again. But here we are!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cyclops sighs as he goes to get the Phoenix again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh, like he needs an excuse to try to blow up the planet again.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Codependent Poster posted:

At the bottom of Jamaica Bay comes a single sound.

"Snikt."

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Maybe this time Genesis can get possessed by the Phoenix and kick off the Age of Phoenix-Apocalypse. If the X-Men are going to be stuck on repeat, we may as well have them repeat slightly better events :colbert:.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I still feel bad for Hope. Didn't even do her the service of killing her off. :smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

NmareBfly posted:

I still feel bad for Hope. Didn't even do her the service of killing her off. :smith:

I'd rather my favorite z-listers be out there having unpublished adventures rather than murdered in a lovely crossover.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

They did put her in a coma.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I loved Hope, and really wish she had not vanished after AvsX. I guess her power set wasn't really much use outside of specific story setups?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I loved Hope, and really wish she had not vanished after AvsX. I guess her power set wasn't really much use outside of specific story setups?

She was in X-force

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
After binge-reading as many modern comics involving Magik as I could possibly find, I noticed during X-Infernus that Pixie is both :

A) A badass who can pull a magical knife out of her body.
B) Welsh as gently caress.

Are there any good Pixie stories?

I'm also kind of curious, but too sensible to actually delve into the worst parts of New Mutants to actually check this out, but did Rob Liefield ever draw Magik? The curious part of my brain needs to know what it would look like :{

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Infernus is probably the first and last time Pixie did anything interesting. She was aged up not too much later when Greg Land was tracing her.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Tyma posted:

I'm also kind of curious, but too sensible to actually delve into the worst parts of New Mutants to actually check this out, but did Rob Liefield ever draw Magik? The curious part of my brain needs to know what it would look like :{

I skipped that era too, and then I found this:

... And this:

So, uh, yeah. That's some Liefeld alright!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cypher's feet are amazing.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I skipped that era too, and then I found this:

It's all I ever wanted it to be :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Who is the blond next to sunspot and Cable? I have no idea who she is and everything about her is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Cypher's feet are amazing.

His torso situation is even better.

Magik actually looks ok in the second picture, though. It's not bad? Relative to normal Rob it's awesome.

• Locked thread