Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
It is decided, I'm starting Bradford over Wilson. I've been going back and forth all week, but since my league is 6PPTD I think Bradford will put up more points. At least if he falls apart I won't be alone, everyone else in here starting him can share my pain!

Now to decide who to put in the flex, cooks or j stewart....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

And then pick up Scott Chandler. =P

For real Chandler and Gronkowski's double slant on the weakside is going to be a play Bill's going to all year on the goal line. Chandler might be a legit TD vulture.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zeldadude posted:

It is decided, I'm starting Bradford over Wilson. I've been going back and forth all week, but since my league is 6PPTD I think Bradford will put up more points. At least if he falls apart I won't be alone, everyone else in here starting him can share my pain!

Now to decide who to put in the flex, cooks or j stewart....

Why draft Wilson in the first place then? If you're not going to start him every game you should have taken a RB or WR instead.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

RCarr posted:

Why draft Wilson in the first place then? If you're not going to start him every game you should have taken a RB or WR instead.

Because I hosed up and didn't realize the league was 6PPTD. It was just a bad pick honestly. I'm still fairly new to FF.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

zeldadude posted:

Because I hosed up and didn't realize the league was 6PPTD. It was just a bad pick honestly. I'm still fairly new to FF.

It happens. Newbies are always prone to mistakes as well as "take the guy who was in the super bowl" syndrome.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Ugh I could have sworn I checked all my lineups but I somehow started Leveon in my Yahoo Pro20. :doh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
you mean you don't compulsively set all of your lineups through the playoffs right after you draft what a fuckin scrub

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Dandy Kaiser posted:

you mean you don't compulsively set all of your lineups through the playoffs right after you draft what a fuckin scrub

Probably doesn't even have color coded spreadsheets.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I wish I could trust Joe Randle enough to start him in the flex, especially since my opponent this week is starting McFadden as his only RB.

Somehow I just have more faith in Stevie Johnson staying in the game and making plays than this drat shell game Dallas is playing with its RBs.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

The draft was Wednesday night, and yeah that's exactly what I thought I did.

Edit: and spreadsheets are for scrubs. I use pandas for all my data analysis needs.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 12, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Because I like to make people sweat, Dick LeBeau's defenses' career stats vs. rookie QBs since 1995:

3-26 record, 24 TD, 37 INTs

Welcome, Jameis :tipshat:

Yep :getin:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If you play in a league where D/ST scoring is favored to sacks and FUM/INT, I would consider Tennessee as a hail-mary play. They might give up 24+ points, but there's a non-zero chance that they can pick up 1-3 INTs and a few sacks.

LeBeau is going to blitz the poo poo out of them.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Because I like to make people sweat, Dick LeBeau's defenses' career stats vs. rookie QBs since 1995:

3-26 record, 24 TD, 37 INTs

Welcome, Jameis :tipshat:

Wow I should bet on the bucs if dick labeau defenses are 3-26 against rookie QBs

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How are everyone else's defenses against rookie QBs?

Maybe its the case that rookie QBs good enough to be starting games are pretty good, and defenses lack tape on their performance in the NFL to help them set up defenses correctly?

Or maybe dick labeau is uniquely bad against rookie QBs.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Am I dumb because I read that as rookie qbs have only won 3 games against a lebeau defense in the last twenty years and toss almost twice as many interceptions as fumbles.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

ZIGfried posted:

Am I dumb because I read that as rookie qbs have only won 3 games against a lebeau defense in the last twenty years and toss almost twice as many interceptions as fumbles.

You're not dumb. Googling around confirms that Dick Lebeau wrecks rookies.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

Yes, this one.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I really wish everytime someone mentions that kind of split, they also mention what it is for the league as a whole. I mean, it sounds good, but it could be totally average.

The other thing I've been hearing this week is that Andy Dalton does ~so much better~ against teams he's familiar with. Yeah, doesn't everyone? I want to know if he does better than we would otherwise expect him to.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ZIGfried posted:

Nah he just phrased it wrong

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Stevie Johnson is sitting out there as a FA in my league. I have DGB and Pierre Garcon on the bench. Should I drop one of them for Stevie? My other WR are AJ Green, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Stevie Johnson is sitting out there as a FA in my league. I have DGB and Pierre Garcon on the bench. Should I drop one of them for Stevie? My other WR are AJ Green, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson.

I would drop either of them, probably leaning with DGB.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I'd drop DGB for him.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

This is what life looks like when you are wise and virtuous, just FYI.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
That is quite the team.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Must be nice to draft against people who let you have 4 first/second round picks.

e: Oh wait you're holding onto Jordy, is that a Dynasty league?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That life looks pretty lovely tbqh

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

This is what life looks like when you are wise and virtuous, just FYI.

My stacked dynasty team would beat your stacked keeper team :colbert:

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

VDay posted:

e: Oh wait you're holding onto Jordy, is that a Dynasty league?

Yep!

Edit: well, hybrid. Six keeper slots.

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 12, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

My stacked dynasty team would beat your stacked keeper team :colbert:

come @ me bro

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12 teams, half PPR, dynasty. 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 13, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ya'll weak. 12 team, 0.5 PPR, decent IDP scoring. Projected points are shown so you can enjoy my RB1-like JJ Watt (he was 20th overall in PPG last year :stare:). I traded away all my 2015 and 2016 draft picks when rookie fever was at its height (got Hopkins for 1.04 essentially, when I was willing to give Hill, lol) and got a lot of value trading away Brees, Cobb, Maclin, and Branden Oliver last winter :)

Edit: I'm going to lose in the playoffs to one of the other two or three stacked teams, though. One has Peyton, Lynch, AP, Calvin, and Julio Jones, another has Rodgers, Ingram, Melvin Gordon, AJ Green, Cooks, Landry, and Davante Adams. There are just a few teams that are almost entirely devoid of talent due to bad drafting followed by bad trading.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 12, 2015

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Gearman posted:

Trying to convince the Foster owner in my league to give him up for AJ Green and Knile Davis (he also owns Jamaal Charles). I may have to up the ante to Dez Bryant or OBJ to make this happen :(

This is your yearly reminder to:

1) Never drink and deal
2) Never over-value your own players (the Foster owner said no, despite having Reuben Randle as his WR1)

I might actually send the Foster owner a fruit basket for saving me from myself.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Gearman posted:

This is your yearly reminder to:

1) Never drink and deal
2) Never over-value your own players (the Foster owner said no, despite having Reuben Randle as his WR1)

I might actually send the Foster owner a fruit basket for saving me from myself.

I'm still trying to figure out what good rear end drugs you have

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

:catdrugs:

Also, apparently JPP's hand is worse than the team thought and he might not even play this year.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Are we sure he even has a hand at this point anymore?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
A cast, aka a club makes him a must own in all IDP leagues IMHO :smug:

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
So he's trying to bluff with a bad hand?

:downsrim:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is 2015 just give him a bionic hand.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How confident are people in Abdullah week one? Sounds like they are going to feature him in the offense but it's hard to trust a rookie who's about to get his first real taste of the NFL.

I'm confident starting him over Joique (I have both in one league), but I aso have flex options like D. Jackson and Coleman.

Fantasy football is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
He should see a decent amount, but it's always tough to tell how much coaches actually trust rookies and how much they're just playing up to the media/trying to build he kid's confidence. Most rankings/experts have him as a pretty solid flex play and I'd feel fairly confident playing him if I didn't have a clearly superior option.

So in other words enjoy watching as he inexplicably gets like 4 carries and catches 2 passes for 10 total yards tomorrow.

• Locked thread