Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Third verse, same as the first two.

Drive and Ghost are both in it, surprisingly. I'd have thought they'd just add the Drive Riders. Also I thought it was weird that Kuuga was the one from Decade, but then I remember the guy who played OG Kuuga kinda hates Kamen Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Waffleman_ posted:

Drive and Ghost are both in it, surprisingly. I'd have thought they'd just add the Drive Riders. Also I thought it was weird that Kuuga was the one from Decade, but then I remember the guy who played OG Kuuga kinda hates Kamen Rider.

Drive and Mach but no Chaser/Machine Chaser. :(

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

The page itself is only pointing out Riders that weren't playable before as far as I can see. So if I'm not misunderstanding, Onodera!Kuuga would be a separate character from Godai!Kuuga. I guess it's to give one Rising Ultimate, but then you have the question of why they didn't just do that last game where characters had a super form and then a form beyond that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Shaezerus posted:

Nero tried, at least, bless his weird plague-doctor-y heart.

I still find it hilarious the guy voiced by Lelouch stays loyal to the main villain the entire show and never betrays him or even considers doing it.

Takaharu makes me appreciate Right and Daigo a lot more, because even though they all have the same basic archetype those two had charm to it that Takaharu just doesn't have at all.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 8, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Not so much that he hates Kamen Rider, just that he has other projects more important to work on than it.

He has expressed interest in returning, especially if the same creative team is working on it.

Honestly I'm OK with them making it Decade Kuuga. OG Kuuga isn't exactly the kind of guy who needs to come back and sure as hell wouldn't be getting into fights with other Riders for no drat reason. It's way more respectful to the guy to let the chump from Decade take up Kuuga duties.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Justin_Brett posted:

I still find it hilarious the guy voiced by Lelouch stays loyal to the main villain the entire show and never betrays him or even considers doing it.

Takaharu makes me appreciate Right and Daigo a lot more, because even though they all have the same basic archetype those two had charm to it that Takaharu just doesn't have at all.

As a point of order, Lelouch was extremely loyal, he was surrounded by treacherous asswaffles.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alongside Spinning Wheel, here's Unlimited Drive. Which was rather underused, thinking about it.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
All the songs from Drive and the movies around it were so good.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Blaze Dragon posted:

The page itself is only pointing out Riders that weren't playable before as far as I can see. So if I'm not misunderstanding, Onodera!Kuuga would be a separate character from Godai!Kuuga. I guess it's to give one Rising Ultimate, but then you have the question of why they didn't just do that last game where characters had a super form and then a form beyond that.

New moveset with half the effort, really. Given how lazy the Rider games tend to be (look at how Climax Heroes evolved), we should be glad they waited this long after the second game because Drive would have had a half-assed moveset and then Ghost would have been DLC later. Plus the last Battride War was focused on Riders with movie villains related to them so there's that too why Kuuga took a sideline for updating.

Take away OG Kuuga's Rising Gimmick/Amazing Mighty attack and then add whatever you want to make it Decade!Kuuga, such as Rising Ultimate.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I honestly think that Ninninger can still be salvaged if they just let Tsuminji/Ninjadad have a Kruger/Torin style Ranger mode that he doesn't even break out that often. Just once.

Just once man, come on. He deserves it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nininger certainly isn't as good as some of the amazing series' we've had recently, and I say that as a big fan of ToQger (at least the second half), but I agree that it's gotten much better recently and has plenty of potential. Takaharu is still terrible, especially his complete inability to sell his own catch phrase (he seems like a decent person/actor forced into the wrong role), but other things are amusing enough. At the least I'm enjoying the show's sense of humor, I was laughing through most of the Last Ninja Midpoint Rankings episode. And it seems like they're setting up something interesting with Kinji/Star. I think my main issues at the moment are that they've gotten a bit too strong too quick or the enemies are too weak (I would have liked a little more of a fight from the Western Youkai) and we can always use more character development since the cast is currently split half awesome and half ranging from terrible to invisible. You know who's on which side. :colbert:

And yeah Dad absolutely needs to do more ninja-ing. We've already seen that he still has the potential, they can't just set that up and then ignore it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Nininger certainly isn't as good as some of the amazing series' we've had recently, and I say that as a big fan of ToQger (at least the second half), but I agree that it's gotten much better recently and has plenty of potential. Takaharu is still terrible, especially his complete inability to sell his own catch phrase (he seems like a decent person/actor forced into the wrong role), but other things are amusing enough. At the least I'm enjoying the show's sense of humor, I was laughing through most of the Last Ninja Midpoint Rankings episode. And it seems like they're setting up something interesting with Kinji/Star. I think my main issues at the moment are that they've gotten a bit too strong too quick or the enemies are too weak (I would have liked a little more of a fight from the Western Youkai) and we can always use more character development since the cast is currently split half awesome and half ranging from terrible to invisible. You know who's on which side. :colbert:

And yeah Dad absolutely needs to do more ninja-ing. We've already seen that he still has the potential, they can't just set that up and then ignore it.

It seems like they're going to address it realatively soon based on the latest episode though it might be a bit before he goes full Ninja.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Honestly the 'too strong or the opposition is too weak' was something I'd felt for a long time but everytime I started to write a post about it, I'd get annoyed and delete it because I felt like it was coming out wrong.

I really feel like some of the issues with this series revolve around how easy everything appears to be for the Ninningers. Like it's one of those things that's super hard for me to explain without it coming off as weird, but like, it often seems that most of the bad guys aren't super threatening to them. It's very hard to explain, but like you mentioned; most of the Western Youkai stuff was less focused on how to beat the Monsters and more of how to weed them out (Dracula), prevent them from being noticed (Franken), or just...the weird stuff about Wolfman. Like his was the most 'troublesome', but even that seemed more like 'it was only troublesome because it was Kin's fight only'; even his immunity to non-Youkai weapons seemed kind of stapled on at the end.

But Hayabusa this week seemed actually challenging, so it's weird.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Burkion posted:

Not so much that he hates Kamen Rider, just that he has other projects more important to work on than it.

He has expressed interest in returning, especially if the same creative team is working on it.

Honestly I'm OK with them making it Decade Kuuga. OG Kuuga isn't exactly the kind of guy who needs to come back and sure as hell wouldn't be getting into fights with other Riders for no drat reason. It's way more respectful to the guy to let the chump from Decade take up Kuuga duties.

Honestly people really don't get the context of what he was saying.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yosuke posted:

New moveset with half the effort, really. Given how lazy the Rider games tend to be (look at how Climax Heroes evolved), we should be glad they waited this long after the second game because Drive would have had a half-assed moveset and then Ghost would have been DLC later. Plus the last Battride War was focused on Riders with movie villains related to them so there's that too why Kuuga took a sideline for updating.

Climax Heroes was a lazy as hell series but I enjoyed it, I sort of miss it. Only sort of though, it wasn't very good, but they were decent fighting games. I haven't been able to play the Battride Wars at all to say how good they are or not, and I seriously doubt I'd be able to import the second (since the first is PS3-only, and I lack that one, but I do have a Wii U) nor I care that much for a Rider game. Especially since both Climax Heroes and Rider Generations were just good. Not amazing, just good.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think my main issues at the moment are that they've gotten a bit too strong too quick or the enemies are too weak (I would have liked a little more of a fight from the Western Youkai) and we can always use more character development since the cast is currently split half awesome and half ranging from terrible to invisible. You know who's on which side. :colbert:

Hmm...awesome would definitely have Kasumi (the one redeeming point of this series even at its worst) and Kinji, while terrible/invisible would have Takaharu and Nagi respectively. I'm just struggling on who the other awesome is, because while I hated her at first, I've grown to like Fuuka, surprisingly enough. And Yakumo is cool, if not impressive.

Also I definitely agree that the heroes are far too strong, the villains feel like an afterthought rather than a risk. Especially when the series remembers Takaharu and forgets everyone else. Even Gabi Raizou, who should've been a real threat, was easily disposed of. In fact, that leads me to another problem I have with the series: the important villains are just really, really boring. Kyuuemon is the only one who is somewhat interesting, and I expect a lot from him if we're going to get backstory. The rest are either intolerable (Sailor Moon), uninteresting (strategist guy) or way too easily disposed of (Zanki). I'm not asking for an Enter here, or the Shadow Line (who were by far the best part of TQG), just someone I can honestly care about. A good villain is important!

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Blaze Dragon posted:

Climax Heroes was a lazy as hell series but I enjoyed it, I sort of miss it. Only sort of though, it wasn't very good, but they were decent fighting games. I haven't been able to play the Battride Wars at all to say how good they are or not, and I seriously doubt I'd be able to import the second (since the first is PS3-only, and I lack that one, but I do have a Wii U) nor I care that much for a Rider game. Especially since both Climax Heroes and Rider Generations were just good. Not amazing, just good.

Then you're not missing much with Battride Wars, as its a lazy Musou clone. The first game had one of the more reasonably written Tsukasa's in the longest time, but the gameplay is nothing to write home about. Even as far as Musou gameplay goes, the rider movesets were pretty boring or not useful at all if you wanted to get good scores (you get left open far too much with most of them so you drop combos immediately due to stray mook hits). The second is apparently better but the fact it came out while Gaim was airing gave you really neutered movesets due to not wanting to spoil stuff.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think the most recent Rider and Sentai series have proportionally good hero casts and villain casts to their pair. i.e. ToQger has great villains, Gaim has terrible villains; Kyoryu has okay heroes, Wizard has meh heroes. I might be off and this theory probably falls apart going back too far.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I feel like the "too strong" issue is due to them yelling about being loud and running wild all the time. Thats the point of the show, "ninjas that don't need to hide," but the fact that they are just running in without giving a drat about stuff like that makes you think that they've already got the fight won. I mean whichever team you are watching almost always will win the fight within a single episode, but they'll at least look like they are struggling at first. Other than that I like the series, even its take on a red ranger, for reasons that I've already been over enough.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Cliff Racer posted:

I feel like the "too strong" issue is due to them yelling about being loud and running wild all the time. Thats the point of the show, "ninjas that don't need to hide," but the fact that they are just running in without giving a drat about stuff like that makes you think that they've already got the fight won. I mean whichever team you are watching almost always will win the fight within a single episode, but they'll at least look like they are struggling at first. Other than that I like the series, even its take on a red ranger, for reasons that I've already been over enough.

I don't think it's as miserable as it was; it's pretty average now. But it is a little bothersome that they don't sell the danger much, yeah. But you are also right that they're ninjas 'running wild' so it might seem more lopsided then it really is.

It's kind of like in this series I kind of feel like the monsters are a secondary problem to whatever thing is going on in the Igasaki household that week; it seems like a weird thing to say, when monster and problem of the week are usually super intertwined, but I feel like in this case the balance is a little wrong? or not even wrong, just different from what I would like or what I'm used to.

Has the strategist even had a line in the past two episodes? I feel like he's turning into Bad Guy Nagi

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

I think the most recent Rider and Sentai series have proportionally good hero casts and villain casts to their pair. i.e. ToQger has great villains, Gaim has terrible villains; Kyoryu has the strongest and bravest heroes in history, Wizard has meh heroes. I might be off and this theory probably falls apart going back too far.

You wrote "okay" there for some reason, I assume this is what you meant. :colbert: People may be divided on whether or not Daigo was a show-stealer, but the team as a whole was one hell of a charismatic bunch. And there were like 13 of them by the end! Kyoryuger is my favorite.

Not a bad theory though, except Ninninger has bad villains and a mostly good heroes while Drive has fantastic everything.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

You wrote "okay" there for some reason, I assume this is what you meant. :colbert: People may be divided on whether or not Daigo was a show-stealer, but the team as a whole was one hell of a charismatic bunch. And there were like 13 of them by the end! Kyoryuger is my favorite.

Not a bad theory though, except Ninninger has bad villains and a mostly good heroes while Drive has fantastic everything.

Nininger is bad and you should feel bad for saying 'mostly good' heroes.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

if Kasumi was the Red I literally think most of the complaints about the series' Red Focus would be removed even if the script was basically the same.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EDIT: /\ Yep. Kasumi is a fantastic science ninja lady.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Kasumi and Kinji are great, Fuuka is good, and Yakumo is often good. Takaharu is bad and Nagi is their robot friend who does whatever is asked of him in each scene regardless of what his actual character is supposed to be. 4/6 is over half, thus "mostly!"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I dropped Ninninger back at 23. Is it worth catching up?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Xelkelvos posted:

I think the most recent Rider and Sentai series have proportionally good hero casts and villain casts to their pair. i.e. ToQger has great villains, Gaim has terrible villains; Kyoryu has okay heroes, Wizard has meh heroes. I might be off and this theory probably falls apart going back too far.
What are you even talking about? Micchy was a great villain!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

I dropped Ninninger back at 23. Is it worth catching up?

If you disliked those episodes, probably not. Check back when the series is over and we can tell you if it changed enough.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I think, if anything, Ninjadad is gonna be a lot like MagiMother. He'll transform in the last episode and kick a lot of asses in the big finale.

I hope his ranger suit pays homage to his sweatervest :3:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Blaze Dragon posted:

Especially since both Climax Heroes and Rider Generations were just good. Not amazing, just good.

Great Battle Fullblast was a neat little game, I thought. The graphics were nice and the gameplay was fun enough. The only problem with it really was just how incredibly short the game was, but I thought it was good. Never got a sequel though. :(

By the by, did anyone play Super Hero Generation? Looked like tokusatsu Super Robot Wars, basically

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

deadly_pudding posted:

I think, if anything, Ninjadad is gonna be a lot like MagiMother. He'll transform in the last episode and kick a lot of asses in the big finale.

I hope his ranger suit pays homage to his sweatervest :3:

Sētābesuto Ninger! (Insert a randomly selected dad joke here)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pyroi posted:

Sētābesuto Ninger! (Insert a randomly selected dad joke here)

I hope his weapon is called the Ninjato(-san)

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Stallion Cabana posted:

Has the strategist even had a line in the past two episodes? I feel like he's turning into Bad Guy Nagi

I think the other villains pretty much only exist to build up Kyuemon when she/he inevitably fucks them over. They barely interact with each-other and Raizo was the only one who went out and did poo poo.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Dre2Dee2 posted:

By the by, did anyone play Super Hero Generation? Looked like tokusatsu Super Robot Wars, basically

It's less SRW and more G-Gen.

Set chapters for missions, requirements to achieve to make those missions have crossover bits. Occasional "original" story missions. Fun and has some returning voice actors and decent animations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A quick BTS video of Ghost. May be spoilery.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love how you can see everyone break character simultaneously.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Henshin Callout SFX for Ghost http://henshinanigans.tumblr.com/post/128914892971/super-gif-taihen-yes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doooooooooooooope

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Go! Go! Go! poo poo that is so loving good.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm just a sucker for any time the belt voice has a stutter

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Does that mean that Ghost is going to be the hip-hop to OOO's ska? Because I am super loving on board for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Ghost please be good!!!

• Locked thread