Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids are playing 2 attacking players in the starting 11, and feature old man James Riley at RB. This game is terrible and we are 13' in. Vancouver has dominated the attack. Amazingly it's still 0-0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Please win, I need some of these other west teams to start dropping points.

Portland and KC: please tie.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

Please win, I need some of these other west teams to start dropping points.

Portland and KC: please have Portland win.

I agree with this completely.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rapids players getting time-wasting warning in the first loving half

mang
Jul 21, 2015

Moktaro posted:

Only for the delicious tears of RB fans as they once again fail to win a cup.

give me the supporters shield every season, the mls cup is a sham

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids continue to play 98% defense and 2% attack. The highlight so far is a nice save from Ousted at 29'. Or so.

Crazy Ted posted:

Rapids players getting time-wasting warning in the first loving half

With that terrible lineup it didn't surprise me any. Pablo is playing a "park the bus" lineup and praying for a point.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nat Borchers needs to be forcibly shaved.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids just had a reasonable attacking moment and instead had a beautiful sequence of backwards passes. What a joke. Is there really 45'+ left of this inept play?

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 10, 2015

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Oh hey Rivero did a thing.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

1-0 Vancouver at 73' because the "mighty defensive team" known as the Rapids quit playing D, ball watched...right until the ball went into the net.

Rapids now trail 2-0 as I was typing this. Game over folks. What a pathetic move by the "mighty" Rapids defense.

I have a half a beer left...how much worse can it get?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You could run out of beer.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Dumbass play there by Riley. They just need to run out the clock and end it...this is terrible.

whypick1 posted:

You could run out of beer.

I'm at a viewing party...I'm out the second I'm done. This is just sad. To be fair this is entirely on Burch, Riley and Burling, but I still want a new coach.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 10, 2015

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Dumbass play there by Riley. They just need to run out the clock and end it...this is terrible.

The worst words for a Vancouver fan to hear are "they just need to run out the clock", just so you know.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

The worst words for a Vancouver fan to hear are "they just need to run out the clock", just so you know.

Not this game. Rapids may get one, they won't get two.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Melia :stare:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

El Jebus posted:

I agree with this completely.

That's what you get for twisting my words :colbert:

Too bad Colorado couldn't do a drat thing.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

toward the end of the match I snapped and completely lost my poo poo on a dude who kept trying to start a "dodgy keeper" chant. he left, and I turned around only to see Melia stop yet another loving scoring attempt.

at least Adi made some defensive plays rather than wandering around?

Melano ripping that defender to the ground directly in front of the linesman in a snit was some :stare: poo poo for sure. dude is just gonna be Fernandez 2.0 if he can't finish and allows his mood to control him.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

mang posted:

give me the supporters shield every season, the mls cup is a sham

If the schedules weren't unbalanced I'd be absolutely with you on this

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Half of our backline tonight has never played a game for Chicago before.

This could be ugly. Or more ugly than usual, anyway.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Good, because when we played you last we were missing three starters in our backline. Tables have turned.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is this only in SD on Unimas? This is some bullshit

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Good, because when we played you last we were missing three starters in our backline. Tables have turned.

look i know you were really hurt but sometimes you have to let it go

and yes, it is only on Unimas. :(

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

hahahah I love you David Accam

2-0 Chicago after a great counter

E: welp, 2-1

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Turn and burn

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I nearly forgot about the Fire playing until I saw the score on the ticker during the game one of the Cubs double header.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Give up a garbage pen, get a garbage pen.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Typical.

Is Cyrus any good? I just started watching.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Another night another Fire lost.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
God drat it Chicago you had one job

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
The Wooden Spoon is coming, Chicago.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Tyson Wahl is a bad defender and Justin Meram needs to never see minutes when Cedrick Mabwati is available. Tyvm

(Also philly is not good.)

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

There is not a single person on earth that pays to watch the shambling corpses of conor casey or brian carroll.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Fucitol posted:

There is not a single person on earth that pays to watch the shambling corpses of conor casey or brian carroll.

Isn't that his 3rd goal in 2 games? What an rear end in a top hat that guy is.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

DR AIDS posted:

Isn't that his 3rd goal in 2 games? What an rear end in a top hat that guy is.

:confused: cj sapong is conor casey now?

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Fucitol posted:

:confused: cj sapong is conor casey now?

Oops, you can see how I got confused, they look so similar.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

in that they're both terrible, yes.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
You are David Villa. You have been a Spanish champion, a Champions League winner, a Euro champion, a World Cup victor. You have scored for fun for the last two decades of your life. You have scored on passes from some of the most brilliant minds in the history of soccer. You have made world-class defenders look like kindergarteners. You still laugh at night when you recall the faces of goalkeepers who have screamed helplessly as you ripped balls past them into the net. And you just had your last shot on goal stuffed by Zach Loyd.

You cry quietly into your ceviche.

TheNakedJimbo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 13, 2015

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
Michel just scored an Olimpico (again). This is his first start in some time, and he seems pretty determined to win his spot back.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh my god United gave up the saddest goal I've ever seen. We look lost. Utterly lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh my god United gave up the saddest goal I've ever seen. We look lost. Utterly lost.

Whole team looks old suddenly. Plus Kemp has been a lovely pumpkin tonight.

• Locked thread