Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Aka: the problem with challenger teams since I've started watching cycling: starting the race with too many leaders or too many good riders going for their own succes. The end result is the man to beat winning (Indurain, Lance, Froome).

Occasionally they do win, but then you get stuff like the Astana soap involving Contador, Bruijneel and Armstrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh well

Aruuuuu

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Now someone kick the entire astana team out of the vuelta so Rodriguez wins.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Perfect tactics by Astana as much as it grates on me.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

He'd have won the tour if his team could have decided who was leader and protected him in the crosswinds at Zeeland tbf.

Maybe, but Froome looked really strong on the mountain stages. I can see him attacking and gaining the time he'd need if Movistar didn't get owned on that stage.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
What a Vuelta

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

kimbo305 posted:

Maybe, but Froome looked really strong on the mountain stages. I can see him attacking and gaining the time he'd need if Movistar didn't get owned on that stage.

Froome was visibly fading by the 3rd week, A few more kms on the alp and Quintana could probably have overtaken him. (although, whether this was just him trying to make his performance seem more "credible" in light of all the accusations is hard to know... I personally doubt it, he doesn't seem to give a gently caress about the eyebrows his performances raise)
Someone has pointed out that Froome tends to do really well on stages where there are few categorized climbs with a stage ending HC or cat 1 mountain top finish. His two yellow jersey winning attacks have come on stages like this. On the other hand he seems to suffer on long stages with several categorized climbs ending on mountain tops. There have been some calls for the tour to go back to longer "endurance" style stages so we'll see what the courses look like in the coming years.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nice try, Tommy Du.

It was only a matter of time until Aru won something big, he just needed to get rid of Nibali.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Helicopters grounded again because there's some problem or another at Madrid Airport. I love my dead gay vuelta

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It's weird they have like three cameras for the Entire Last Stage of the Vuelta.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

On the plus side this is basically Clasica San Sebastian Part II so it is only a matter of time until Aru gets run over and Purito wins the Vuelta without knowing

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Paddyb posted:

It was only a matter of time until Aru won something big, he just needed to get rid of Nibali.
With that field it would've been a small disaster if he didn't win TBF.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Go on Ben King, rip their legs off.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nice, Degenkolb finally got his win. Enjoyable Vuelta all around

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Nice leadout.

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 13, 2015

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
What, no special team victory jerseys and limited edition $55 t-shirts on the team website for sale? Amatuers

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Paddyb posted:

Nice leadout.

lol

Adam Hansen is now the record holder for most grand tours finished in a row, at 13.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

wide stance posted:

lol

Adam Hansen is now the record holder for most grand tours finished in a row, at 13.

:stare:

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
beer and microwaved shoes

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

wide stance posted:

lol

Reminder he rode the tour with a dislocated shoulder.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

wide stance posted:

Best accomplishment this season.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

wide stance posted:

lol

I hope he gets a real nice Strava patch for that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
In the worlds most unsurprising news, Landa has confirmed he's signing for Sky next season.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landa-confirms-transfer-to-team-sky-in-2016/

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Bad news for David Walsh.

quote:

Mark Elders ‏@MarkElders62 May 18
@DavidWalshST David what do you think about Astana's performance so far at #Giro2015 ? Can they all really be this good??

quote:

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST May 18
@MarkElders62 Mark, a number of people have asked, I try to say nothing because I don't truly know but I don't believe and I can't enjoy.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Dumoulin released his power data for the Vuelta. It's...impressive.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumoulin-releases-vuelta-a-espana-power-data/

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
6.6 watts per kilo.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
6.6 for 10 minutes or so isn't ridiculous. It's high, sure. The longer efforts are mostly under 6w/kg.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Paddyb posted:

Dumoulin released his power data for the Vuelta. It's...impressive.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumoulin-releases-vuelta-a-espana-power-data/

quote:

It’s only the data from my time trial that I'd rather not make public – it can reveal other things about my aerodynamics. The rest everyone should know.

What is it about power data from a time trial that's a trade secret, watts/CdA?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
I think that by comparing what he puts out against his time you can calculate his aerodynamic benefits relative to other riders. I'm not exactly sure why that can hurt him though. Maybe it can make other riders realize they can be just as fast given the proper tt position and training?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How much of his ideal aero he can keep on gradients above X%, and when he's least effective in W/kg vs everyone else and so should be attacked etc.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Anyone know of a stream for the worlds?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I've confirmed my accommodations for Richmond next weekend and I've already been asked to dress up as Colonel Sanders. :wtc:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Withnail posted:

reddit.com/r/peloton usually has a post for each race with links to streams/stats/etc

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Withnail posted:

steephill.tv

cyclingfans.com

Between the two they have all the info on races and streams and replays I've ever needed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Eurosport streaming is only £3 a month if you want too.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I always forget about :

https://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/

Mainly because the other two sites always have good links

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I cant work out some of these team names.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
2 Tinkov riders just hit each other in the TTT. Great job guys!

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Wow, of all the riders I would have seen as world TT champion, Vasil Kiryienka is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
skybot