Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Chomp8645 posted:

Should have just tinted some actual alcohol green or whatever and ran with it.

it looked like bottles of soy sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
You can't act being drunk while drunk. Well known fact.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Is it true that while not all Star Trek fans are peadofiles, all peadofiles are Star Trek fans? I heard it was an LAPD in joke or something.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

jiggerypokery posted:

Is it true that while not all Star Trek fans are peadofiles, all peadofiles are Star Trek fans? I heard it was an LAPD in joke or something.

Not all Star Trek TVIV mods are pedophiles, but...

wait

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

jiggerypokery posted:

they guy said he was exaggerating for comic effect. he said it isn't all, it's like 75 or 80 percent. still funny.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

RVWinkle posted:

I recall a Voyager episode where they beat that dead horse and made me despise everything related to Q. I think Janeway visited the continuum or something and everyone was extremely dull. It wasn't until Breaking Bad where they revived Q and made him interesting again.

I hated that episode. :(

My Q-Face posted:

If you want to watch the whole series, don't read the spoiler. His mother was one of the prophets/wormhole aliens, and because of the way they view time nonlinearly, she left the wormhole to meet his father on earth and give birth to him because that's what was going to happen, so that's what she did. So essentially, Sisko is a predestination paradox.

I've watched twice but somehow didnt retain that poo poo about his mom. It's coming back to me now.

MikeJF posted:

Sisko is simply the Emissary because he's the first person (from their point of view) that ever encountered them and spoke to them in any meaningful way and told them how the rest of the universe works. They were initially going to cut themselves off from the linear universe but he convinced them to stay and interact with it. So they were all 'okay but this is your problem' and appointed him as their go-between. Literally an Emissary.

Later on it turns out that they caused his birth so that he could fulfill his role of opening the tenth Orb to rescue them from the Pah-Wraiths, but they didn't do that until after the first time they met him.

The Bajoran religion was basically an accident - the Orbs were just probes sent out to test the physical properties of the universe beyond the wormhole - but it seems like they've accepted their role a little bit, depending on where they're up to when you encounter them. Later in the show once everyone's caught up on things it seems like they've kinda gotten into it. And Bajor was a convenient place to build a Pah-Wraith prison.

I can't even imagine how good this show would be if it were made today. It's clearly the best Star Trek (although Patrick Stewart made TNG amazing), but with how TV is made today, DS9 made post 2006 could have been incredible.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

My Q-Face posted:

If you want to watch the whole series, don't read the spoiler. His mother was one of the prophets/wormhole aliens, and because of the way they view time nonlinearly, she left the wormhole to meet his father on earth and give birth to him because that's what was going to happen, so that's what she did. So essentially, Sisko is a predestination paradox.

That also brings up the question, how did she manage to sex it up with Sisko Senior?
Shes an emotionless wet fish, not sure of how linear time works, yet still gets Sisko Senior's hoohoo in her hahhah.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wasn't it at least implied that the prophet mom possessed a human woman, because grandpa Sisko said after Ben was born she suddenly left and wouldn't return any communication. Problematic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ralp posted:

wasn't it at least implied that the prophet mom possessed a human woman, because grandpa Sisko said after Ben was born she suddenly left and wouldn't return any communication. Problematic.

yep. Rapey as gently caress.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
You became sexually aroused in my body!?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ralp posted:

Id watch a TV programme from her point of view. Totally haunted by her mind possession rape that she seeks answers by exploring the galaxy in a small shuttle with some sort of sidekick but never finds any answers. Throughout the series she learns what her "son" is doing and is torn whether to speak to him or not. Then she grows old and dies of course before he's old enough to track her down and explain it all.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pththya-lyi posted:

:iamafag:

By the way, does the Star Trek fandom have any general feelings about how the brony fandom embraced John de Lancie, or how he embraced it in turn?

the Federated High Council of Trek Fandom has as yet declined to hear the question in formal session, claiming that more pressing issues continue to occupy their time. some of the more radical fanzines have posited that members of the Council may be attempting to cloak their own interests in ponies, but these allegations have gone largely unheeded in the face of discussions such as "just how big a trainwreck is the next trek movie going to be, really" and the unending "jadzia or ezri" quandary

The General
Mar 4, 2007

happyhippy posted:

That also brings up the question, how did she manage to sex it up with Sisko Senior?
Shes an emotionless wet fish, not sure of how linear time works, yet still gets Sisko Senior's hoohoo in her hahhah.

Guys are pretty dumb.

"Let's have sex."
"Okay."
"Here you go, have a baby! CYA!"
"Whelp."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ralp posted:

Yeah, so the human mother presumably provided the DNA for little Ben. It's not certain what if anything the Prophet provided other than involuntary matchmaking services.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
The wine commercial with Damar was the best thing I've seen in days.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
after a very long day of sellin cool vintage hawaiian dresses to australian girls inexplicably visiting staten fuckin island, i like to unwind by eatin hydrox cookies and watchin ds9 ferengi eps and doodlin in my lil doodlebook

for you, thread. with love. from gatekeeper

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Wait Hydrox cookies are a real thing? I thought they were something Colbert made up for a gag on his show a few nights ago. What the gently caress kind of name for a food product is Hydrox? That's only slightly less appealing that lactic acid juice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wait Hydrox cookies are a real thing? I thought they were something Colbert made up for a gag on his show a few nights ago. What the gently caress kind of name for a food product is Hydrox? That's only slightly less appealing that lactic acid juice.

Hydrox is actually the original and Oreos are a knock off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Where do I get these medical-sounding Oreo cookies if I live in Texas

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

By all rights Damar should be a raging diabetic by now considering how much corn syrup he chugged during that role

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I like this becasue it is a drawing of Quark, who I also like.

And every tourist guidebook out there pushes people to take the free ride on the Staten Island ferry as a free way to see the statue of liberty and NY's waterways. They also say to get right back on and go back to Manhattan when it docks on Staten Island, but Australians are known for lawless disregard for authority which hopefully adds some closure to your day as thanks for your nice drawing.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

From Wikipedia:

"Hydrox derived its name from the atoms comprising water. In 1908, the creators of the cookie were looking for a name that would convey "purity and goodness." Since water is known for those qualities, they developed the name from the elements making up a water molecule. Market research later determined that the name was not well received and was more evocative of cleaning solutions than cookies".

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Orange Sunshine posted:

From Wikipedia:

"Hydrox derived its name from the atoms comprising water. In 1908, the creators of the cookie were looking for a name that would convey "purity and goodness." Since water is known for those qualities, they developed the name from the elements making up a water molecule. Market research later determined that the name was not well received and was more evocative of cleaning solutions than cookies".

:lol: so they're literally :spergin: cookies?

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
what kind of cookies do you think Gul Dukat liked to eat????

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cellular peptide cookies

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Tujague posted:

Whatever kind Kira's mom made him.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Dukat would arrange to have a young Glinn try to dunk his cookies before dramatically stepping in to rescue them.

He ate his cookies Cardaissian style, which was microwaved for a few seconds as they'd pair better with a hot rock bask that way.

As for the kind, likely something low-crumb, so as to not run down his collar bones and into his breastplate to itch for the rest of the day.

So probably regular Oreo's. Where he can use the might of the dark crisp biscuits to oppress the weak filling like a vice as sympathizers and saboteurs spill out the edges from within his mighty grip. And they come neatly aligned in a tray, like an organized labour camp, not a loose jumble.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

TEAYCHES posted:

cellular peptide cookies

with mint frosting.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gatekeeper posted:

after a very long day of sellin cool vintage hawaiian dresses to australian girls inexplicably visiting staten fuckin island, i like to unwind by eatin hydrox cookies and watchin ds9 ferengi eps and doodlin in my lil doodlebook

for you, thread. with love. from gatekeeper

Should be "gently caress females"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Fister Roboto posted:

Should be "gently caress females"

Or "gently caress Ezri"

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Oomox

Get Latinum

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

counterfeitsaint posted:

Oomox

Get Latinum

i did always kind of marvel at how much sex n sexual references are in star trek despite them hilariously toeing the daytime broadcasting line, and how oomox was ok despite, in context, being really kind of obscene

Ambrose Burnside fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 13, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Imagine if you came every time someone started rubbing your ears and you just did it in bars all the time.

I feel every time the Federation met a ferengi in a bar where women were stroking his ears the Federation guy should have just whipped his cock out and started jerking off while maintaining eye contact to assert his alpha male status.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Tujague posted:

Bajoreos?

"Yes! Yes! That's right, isn't it? I knew it! I've always known it! I should've eaten every last one of them! I should've turned their wrappers into a junkyard the likes of which the galaxy had never seen! I should have eaten them all!"

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 13, 2015

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kitchner posted:

I feel every time the Federation met a ferengi in a bar where women were stroking his ears the Federation guy should have just whipped his cock out and started jerking off while maintaining eye contact to assert his alpha male status.

Imagine how many patrons Klingon bar tendors have to stab every night just to maintain business.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
man there was even that really direct masturbation joke that one time, when rom was complaining about an earache from too much oomox or sth, and when someone asked him who the lucky lady was he shamefully muttered "no lady"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk if you've ever had a naked female rubbing your ears but it's preeeetty loving amazing

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

JediTalentAgent posted:

Bajoreos?

"Yes! Yes! That's right, isn't it? I knew it! I've always known it! I should've eaten every last one of them! I should've turned their wrappers into a junkyard the likes of which the galaxy had never seen! I should have eaten them all!"

Ok I legit laughed at Bajoreos

Edit: Even funnier: Gul Dukat mispronouncing "Bajoreos" on purpose for 10 years

Edit 2: Klingon blood cookies

Trill Biscuits

Tujague fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 14, 2015

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

happyhippy posted:

Imagine how many patrons Klingon bar tendors have to stab every night just to maintain business.

If it isn't the drat Ferengi and their ear stroking it's the pathetic humans with their pitiful smooth penis. It doesn't even have any barbs or hooks!

- Klingon Barman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Odo Spunkmeyer and Fig Noonians

• Locked thread