Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

double negative posted:

cool fight but someone really needs to stop julie kedzie
Careful what you wish for, the last time that happened we got Miesha Tate as champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Roxanne Modafferi is awesome. I can't not root for her.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It was funny when her opponent wouldn't look at her at the weigh ins because she was so pissed about the Kitana costume.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Roxy with the takedown to full mount. Dope.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
those are some interesting elbows. Not quite spike elbows, so they're legal, but probably pretty damaging even without a windup.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ever since seeing her in the Rousey/Tate TUF season have always cheered for Roxy. She's one of those fighters who it's hard not to cheer for.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

If Roxy comes away with this they should just rematch her and Andrea Lee. Lee probably wants that win back.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Roxanne is the people's champ.

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
yay roxy! :3

mister
Dec 18, 2011
Yay Roxy!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Filthy Thomas respects the TKO.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Katjaa sounds like she should be hanging out with Rory MacDonald cutting the eyes out of photos

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Le Saboteur posted:

Ever since seeing her in the Rousey/Tate TUF season have always cheered for Roxy. She's one of those fighters who it's hard not to cheer for.

Actually it's pretty easy, the trick is to hate nerds and have an unshakeable urge to dunk the heads of people who watch anime into the toilet.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol at that decision.

mister
Dec 18, 2011
That interview got real weird real quick.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Whaaaaaaaat the gently caress judges.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Championship caliber walk out music

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
i'm starting to think that Evinger might actually be a Good Fighter

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Evingers corner owns just yelling Get Filthy over and over.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Tonya Evinger is in fact very cool and good.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Big John with the huge rear end slap.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Khaal posted:

i'm starting to think that Evinger might actually be a Good Fighter

She's skilled relative to her competition but not really good at all. Of course this is bantamweight so she could be fighting Ronda Rousey in 6 months.

I just got home and am browsing results and lol Kankaanpaa lost to a really bad fighter. Who was it here that ranked her int he top 10 despite her looking like poo poo in every fight ever and failing to take down and submit Joanne Calderwood. Because y'all look real dumb right now.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

She's skilled relative to her competition but not really good at all. Of course this is bantamweight so she could be fighting Ronda Rousey in 6 months.

I just got home and am browsing results and lol Kankaanpaa lost to a really bad fighter. Who was it here that ranked her int he top 10 despite her looking like poo poo in every fight ever and failing to take down and submit Joanne Calderwood. Because y'all look real dumb right now.

Dont watch fights brah

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I just watched it.

The first 2 rounds could've gone either way and I don't blame the judges for giving them to Bennett when she basically got up from every takedown and threatened guillotines whenever she couldn't immediately get up. 3rd was obviously Kankaanpaa's and she needed more rounds like that to make it decisive.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Evinger has always been a good fighter in the same way Drew Fickett has always been a good fighter

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

I just watched it.

The first 2 rounds could've gone either way and I don't blame the judges for giving them to Bennett when she basically got up from every takedown and threatened guillotines whenever she couldn't immediately get up. 3rd was obviously Kankaanpaa's and she needed more rounds like that to make it decisive.

Those guillotines were so threatening Kankaanpaa put herself in them multiple times and didn't do anything to defend them and still got out of all of them.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Evinger has always been a good fighter in the same way Drew Fickett has always been a good fighter

has evinger ever been on judge judy

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Those guillotines were so threatening Kankaanpaa put herself in them multiple times and didn't do anything to defend them and still got out of all of them.

Kankaanpaa didn't execute any actual offense on the ground in the first 2 rounds.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

Kankaanpaa didn't execute any actual offense on the ground in the first 2 rounds.

She just announced that she is retiring so you win this one buddy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

david carmichael posted:

has evinger ever been on judge judy

I don't think so. Probably just that DV charge back in the 2000s

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

ehhh, Bennett beat Michelle "White Power" Ould, so she's good in my book

(I won't say she's good because she's undefeated, because lol, Bethe)

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mmaweekly posted:

Invicta FC president Shannon Knapp announced on Saturday night that Cyborg’s next fight for her promotion will be at a 140-pound catchweight in November.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.mmaweekly.com/cris-cyborg-dropping-to-140-pounds-in-attempt-to-get-to-ronda-rousey]

Nice

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
We'll see if it happens. She may die or something, right?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.mmaweekly.com/cris-cyborg-dropping-to-140-pounds-in-attempt-to-get-to-ronda-rousey]

If Cyborg and Rousey both fight in November, then their schedules are going to more or less align and they'll be fighting in probably 6-9 months after that barring Cyborg losing or something.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

fatherdog posted:

If she can get to 140, she can get to 135

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Maybe? I mean, you can use that logic continuously but at some point it doesn't hold up. "If she can get to 135, she can get to 130..." and so on until she's fighting 8 year olds at a 65 lb limit. Just depends on what she has to do to get to 140. I agree she can probably make it, but I don't think fighting at 140 is a guarantee she can go another 5.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015
From the pictures of her previous cut to 140, there are tons of people she can cut another 5lbs. If you look at the pics she still has plenty of mass in her thighs and upper torso that could go. Sure, it could mean a loss of some muscle mass, but you get that with a lot of cuts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fozzy The Bear posted:

By that logic Demetrious Johnson's next title challenger will be Alexander Gustaffson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Well no that's not true