Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

moller posted:

Kirkland Signature Bathroom Tissue is indeed pretty subpar. The worst part is that when you realize this, you still have roughly 77 rolls of it left.

There is a name brand toilet paper on sale with every coupon book. Just buy that. I think right now its a 35 pack of cottenelle for like $16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

:newlol:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

These salmon patties have changed my life wrt nights where I'm too lazy to figure out dinner. drat that's some awesome poo poo. I need to restrain myself so I don't get tired of them.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
The seasonal Kirkland "Chocolates of the World" are back. Time to get fat.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I'm diggin these Kirkland Turkey Burgs and frozen chicken wontons, quick easy and yummy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone bought one of the memory foam mattresses? drat I keep looking at those when I go in.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I found out there's a Costco a 20min drive from my new house... Now I have to buy a god damned car to get some maglites, a lawnmower (for my non-existent lawn), and a slab of baked beans (The things I can only ever remember buying from Costco with my Dad 20 years ago).

Spiffster posted:

When we first got a membership my wife fawned over the giant assed teddy bears that they sold. It's not exactly something we could afford for at the time we were going through a bit of financial trouble. I promised her that if they ever came back and we could afford it is get her one. We are doing better now and I had been hoping that they would arrive. Sure enough this weekend...

That ride home was the funniest drat thing I had ever done in my life. So many funny looks...

Some friends and I carried one of these the giant panda bears through the London Underground on the last train of the night. Got a lot of smiles, and nobody seemed upset the bear was preventing them from sitting.

Horse Clocks has a new favorite as of 09:43 on Sep 13, 2015

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone actually got an American Express card through them? I've always had a visa so I didn't know if it was even worth considering

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I wouldn't sign up for the Costco Amex now. They are switching to Citibank Visa next spring in the US.
You will have the option to switch your account to the new card with little hassle, but Amex is going to try hard to keep customers.

I've had the Costco Amex for about 10 years now btw

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Has anyone bought one of the memory foam mattresses? drat I keep looking at those when I go in.

I have a queen size one I got from Costco a few years ago, no idea if its the same brand as what they have now. Its been a very good mattress but I gotta rotate it every 6 months or so as it does develop a dip on the side I sleep on.

Because I sleep alone :smith:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If you're at all interested in a credit card through Costco there's really no reason why you shouldn't just sign up for the Amex card now. I don't think Costco Amex cardholders will have to do anything to be switched over to the Citi Visa card (or at least they'll make it as easy as possible to switch over). By waiting till the switch to sign up instead of doing it now you'll just be missing out on ~6 months of the benefits you'd get with the card.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super Waffle posted:

I have a queen size one I got from Costco a few years ago, no idea if its the same brand as what they have now. Its been a very good mattress but I gotta rotate it every 6 months or so as it does develop a dip on the side I sleep on.

Because I sleep alone :smith:

Well, if you slept with someone it'd develop 2 dips and need to be flipped over as well. Not always a bad thing to sleep alone.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
from the blu-ray thread:

Steve Yun posted:

Guess what popped up at Costco? $20 for each title.

wootsie
Feb 27, 2013
They must have a different type of toilet paper in Canadian Costco because the stuff I get is awesome. Not too thick, super soft and cheap.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just bought a $5.99 pumpkin pie the size of a tractor tire. Did I need it? Not really. Will I eat it all? Probably not, but I'll try.

Was it worth every penny? Fuckin' A. I loves me some pumpkin pie.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Chinaman7000 posted:

These salmon patties have changed my life wrt nights where I'm too lazy to figure out dinner. drat that's some awesome poo poo. I need to restrain myself so I don't get tired of them.

This right here. We have come up with tons of recipes to use with them so we don't get tired of em. The most used though is to cook em up in some foil with some sriracha, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

Meydey posted:

I wouldn't sign up for the Costco Amex now. They are switching to Citibank Visa next spring in the US.
You will have the option to switch your account to the new card with little hassle, but Amex is going to try hard to keep customers.

I've had the Costco Amex for about 10 years now btw

We have had our costco amex for 10-12 years also. The kickbacks for gas and such were always nice. We will get a visa during the switch but are keeping the amex which will probably just become an emergency card.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I realized a Costco perk I'd never noticed before - bank checks. I was running out and trying to find a decent place online (from my bank it's like $30+ for a box because of shipping). With my Executive Costco membership I got 2 boxes of checks for $12.02 shipped to my door.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Tindjin posted:

This right here. We have come up with tons of recipes to use with them so we don't get tired of em. The most used though is to cook em up in some foil with some sriracha, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.

Chinaman7000 posted:

I probably missed it but what ones are you guys talking about? The only ones I found on the website are $109 for 40 patties :gonk:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

MindlessHavok posted:

I probably missed it but what ones are you guys talking about? The only ones I found on the website are $109 for 40 patties :gonk:

Website has weird stuff, don't worry about it.
These are hamburger patty sized, in the frozen section. And they are the best.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

MindlessHavok posted:

It's a Kirkland brand, the bag has 8-12 pieces (skin on) and each piece is roughly all the same size (3-4 oz I think) and are individually vacuum sealed. I think the bag goes for $19 or something like that. I checked the website and it's not listed there but they always have them in stock when I've looked (going on 3 years now).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cool, thanks guys. I hit costco about every two weeks and am always looking for new stuff to try.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I prefer the Trident pollock burgers but the salmon ones are p.good too.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think you guys are talking about two different things... there are Salmon filets of many types and ground salmon patties (like hamburgers but salmon instead of beef). The filets are good and excellent for puddling, my wife didn't really care for the salmon patties (served up on a free sample day) so I pass on them.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I LOVE ALL THE MEAT SALAMI TURKEY HAM I GET IT ALL PUSH IT TOGETHER AND ITS LIKE IM KISSING SOME SALTY PIRATE LIPS LIKE FROM ASSASSINS CREED BLACK FLAG

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tindjin posted:

It's a Kirkland brand, the bag has 8-12 pieces (skin on) and each piece is roughly all the same size (3-4 oz I think) and are individually vacuum sealed. I think the bag goes for $19 or something like that. I checked the website and it's not listed there but they always have them in stock when I've looked (going on 3 years now).

Nah dude. The salmon patties are literally hamburger shaped patties of ground up or chopped up salmon. No skin.

I forget the name brand but it's an orange bag in the freezer dept and has like 12 patties in there.

They are something like 12 or 15 bucks a bag.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I prefer the Trident pollock burgers but the salmon ones are p.good too.
The Trident fish sticks are called The Ultimate Fish Stick and they are truly the best. Corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, a little crema, pico de gallo, The Ultimate Fish Sticks = Baja taco nite ahoy.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
For reference, here's a package of the salmon patties mentioned a lot in this thread:

quote:

You are talking about the frozen salmon, also Kirkland brand (but not the patties!):

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

spite house posted:

The Trident fish sticks are called The Ultimate Fish Stick and they are truly the best. Corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, a little crema, pico de gallo, The Ultimate Fish Sticks = Baja taco nite ahoy.

Oh yeah. Got to fry them though.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, if you slept with someone it'd develop 2 dips and need to be flipped over as well. Not always a bad thing to sleep alone.

We also have a queen size from maybe 4-5 years ago, and it's got a top and bottom. Can't be flipped over, only rotated. Different density foam on the bottom ~60% I think. I've never tried it though, maybe it would be ok. Ours is starting to show its age with dips and less conformity than when new.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I got a hot dog for the first time here today. A buck fifty for a big ol' wiener and a cuppa soda? Sign me the gently caress up!

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I got a hot dog for the first time here today. A buck fifty for a big ol' wiener and a cuppa soda? Sign me the gently caress up!

Their pizzas are awesome too. Especially still-warm. Plus, 10bucks for a pizza bigger than your torso!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Oh, I've been having their pizzas since I was a tiny boy. For whatever reason I've simply never had their hot dogs, but I'll go to bat for their pizza too. It's pretty much the only one that has a great plain cheese slice (maybe unless you live on the North East coast) and that is to say whenever I do get a slice it's a delicious caloric gift from heaven.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road

TotalLossBrain posted:

For reference, here's a package of the salmon patties mentioned a lot in this thread:

You are talking about the frozen salmon, also Kirkland brand (but not the patties!):

Yup ya'll are right. I was thinking the fillets. We haven't tried the patties, might need to pick some of those up next time.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I've been steadily converting all my light bulbs to LED and just picked up an 8 pack of flood lamps for recessed lighting for $50. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar for over $10 a bulb. The brand isn't the most reliable, but that's what Costco's return policy is for.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Costco set the price on their hot dog + soda in 1988 or so and haven't changed it since.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did downgrade the hot dogs they use at some point though, apparently.

I only got a membership recently so I don't know.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Oh yeah. Got to fry them though.
Def, but panfrying is fine. No need to bust out the Fry-Daddy for low-impact taco nite.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

They did downgrade the hot dogs they use at some point though, apparently.

I only got a membership recently so I don't know.

They didn't downgrade really, they just came up with an in-house Hebrew National taste-alike so they didn't have to keep buying them. Honestly, they're really good and despite Hebrew Nationals being my favorite brand of hot dogs, in a blind taste test I doubt I could tell the difference.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Midniter posted:

They didn't downgrade really, they just came up with an in-house Hebrew National taste-alike so they didn't have to keep buying them. Honestly, they're really good and despite Hebrew Nationals being my favorite brand of hot dogs, in a blind taste test I doubt I could tell the difference.

Knowing Costco private label practices, I wouldn't be surprised if they're made in the same factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tindjin posted:

Yup ya'll are right. I was thinking the fillets. We haven't tried the patties, might need to pick some of those up next time.

I'm gonna get both!

• Locked thread