Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

goldjas posted:

I don't mind promo adventures and generally do them whenever I can because they give double rewards. I don't really understand how the catch up mechanic will work with them though, just give really really huge rewards that don't count towards the weekly cap if you haven't been playing since week 1 until you've gotten rewards from them that make up the difference?

They are not linked in any way. You do another special mission once a week, similar to how a tablet mission shows up or whatever, and it gives you a huge cap bonus, like 20k or 40k sparks added to your cap.

some dude posted:

Now players who fall behind in their progress, will get increased weekly limits in Sparks of Mastery, Class Sparks, and Colored Sparks, by completing special weekly promo-adventures. This adventures will start to appear on global map for those who reached 1357 Prestige. After 36087 Prestige mark there will be additional promo-adventures to increase weekly limits of Tactical sense. Be advised - this is a different kind of adventures.

The more you fall back - the bigger increase in weekly limits you will get. By this way Class Sparks will be increased by same steps - by 1890, and Colored Sparks limit will be increased by some complicated formula (undisclosed). SO in the first weeks player will be able to get 3000, 7000 and 10000 Colored Sparks. After that he will get few weeks to speed up his advancement (20000, 40000, e t.c.), up to the finish line, when he will get only small increments of weekly limits. Last gaps in limits difference is longest to get, but is a small gap, that should not hinder your cooperative gameplay with friends at the top pantheons.

Additionally, there wiil be changes in how Spark Replicators works. If your Colored Sparks limit is higher than 30000, and Class Sparks higher than 5670, then bonus from Spark Replicators will be bigger. The more unspent limits you have - the better Spark Replicator will work for you. By the means provided by this system, player who did played Skyforge for a while will be able to catch up with his friends as well.

Washout fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

So it ups your cap, but you still have to grind out all those sparks? RIP

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Kessel posted:

So it ups your cap, but you still have to grind out all those sparks? RIP

Just grind 30,000 spark replicators in advance!

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

quote:

Reduced the number of Class Sparks and Sparks of Evolution received from killing all bosses within an Adventure excluding the final boss – The Amount of sparks received by defeating the final boss has been increased.

Grind harder, fuckers

http://sf.my.com/us/aelions-call-patch-notes

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

quote:

•Unwavering Faith talent now reduces the remaining cooldown of Celestial Shield I even if it was destroyed by the Paladin’s own Divine Scourge.

:dance:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Agree.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Yeah what? No, Grinding out class sparks is already the most ridiculous thing ever. Them only upping the cap for you but still requiring you to do the same drat thing over and over and over and over and over again? gently caress no.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Yeah what? No, Grinding out class sparks is already the most ridiculous thing ever. Them only upping the cap for you but still requiring you to do the same drat thing over and over and over and over and over again? gently caress no.

It's only poo poo if you do it the lovely way, it was boring and pointless to just run one boss over and over solo. Just run whole dungeons, there are a few that I can already do under 5 minutes for the whole thing as a 15k kinetic.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yes but the point is that increasing the cap without increasing the rewards is not the way you help new players. That's still punishing them for not having bought the game at the start. You need to do both. And spark replicators don't count because the only reliable way to get them without grinding out zones is to buy them from the shop.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Yes but the point is that increasing the cap without increasing the rewards is not the way you help new players. That's still punishing them for not having bought the game at the start. You need to do both. And spark replicators don't count because the only reliable way to get them without grinding out zones is to buy them from the shop.

But grinding out zones help you get more sparks to get to your cap faster, idk, I'm just not sympathetic to the problem because I cap out so fast. When the patch goes in I'm going to hit 30k really quick.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 12, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Zones take forever compared to just grinding out adventures.

Morkon
Feb 25, 2009

Tick tock tick tock
Please invite Morkon Whisper.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Washout posted:

But grinding out zones help you get more sparks to get to your cap faster, idk, I'm just not sympathetic to the problem because I cap out so fast. When the patch goes in I'm going to hit 30k really quick.

stop defending the blatant attempt to make people buy replicators

these are the people who made allods ffs there's a 0% chance that this is not their motivation

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
it's not as bad as allods obviously but it's still a gently caress you to new players who will have to choose between being forever behind, paying a lot of money, or turning grinding into a job

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

RottenK posted:

stop defending the blatant attempt to make people buy replicators

these are the people who made allods ffs there's a 0% chance that this is not their motivation

I had not thought of that at all, but you are right. The system was probably designed this way in the first place, so that later players have to buy replicators to get to 150k easily down the line...

edit:

Allods Wiki Entry posted:

Cash shop prices were also permanently lowered a few weeks prior for a large number of items

Oh man there is a well known phenomenon when if you first introduce something as super expensive and then quickly lower the price it attracts a lot more business, these guys are definitely doing all this on purpose. They did the exact same thing in this game already with the special events, making them super expensive at first on purpose.

Washout fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 13, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Honestly it's always better to go premium instead of buying replicators but it's still a dick move.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Morglon posted:

Honestly it's always better to go premium instead of buying replicators but it's still a dick move.

Premium AND replicators!!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Yeah, those horrible dicks. Making money on their videogame while giving people a way to catch up!!!!!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yeah, they are dicks for making money from normal people, not from whales that play games way too much. Normal people are supposed to play free :colbert:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Slaan posted:

Yeah, they are dicks for making money from normal people, not from whales that play games way too much. Normal people are supposed to play free :colbert:

If your game goes heavy on p2w, the way to survive and make a profit is to have whales be encouraged to pay for their friends' progress and goodies. If normal people can't play for free, then the population drops immensely and whales move on.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Precisely. But whales don't pay for other people. They pay to make themselves as obnoxious as possible. They don't have any friends.

*Insert fat gamer from that one South Park episode*

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Apart from the events I don't really see any pay to win. Like with the sparks the free to play no lifers cap out anyway and there doesn't seem to be any incentive to pay. I'd rather they sold the cosmetic options to premium anyway but coming from a cryptic game skyforge seems absolutely benign with its pay stuff.

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"
yeah wanna see p2w? check out neverwinter

1 endgamechar: 100-200mil AD = 2000-4000bux
1 guildstronghold: 200-800mil AD = 4000-16000bux

and guess what: recent changes will make those prices go up even more

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740172&pagenumber=2#post450147617

so be glad u never went there or migrated to SF before the fall of sanity

cixorez
Aug 19, 2015

Action-Hank's #1 Rule:

"It's wrong to be a Brony !!"
btw check this out for free premium keys - 1300 still left

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/628

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I stopped playing neverwinter shortly after rage of the dragons, or whichever one included dragonborn.

One of the problems with Neverwinter is that, as evidenced in that post, it's ludicriously easy to exploit astral diamonds for people who know what to do at the right time, at the point of release of Dragonborn, they had recently had an exploit that allowed a certain portion of the playerbase to generate near infinite astral diamonds. So when they released Dragonborn, it was in a "Money Only" pack that was also labeled as A) Cheaper before release and B) will never be put up for astral diamonds. Since I was currently stuck at my parents place for a few months and since Neverwinter was the only MMO my laptop could play without overheating, I figured what the hell and pre-ordered dragonmans.

Once the patch released, the price not only did not go up, it went down, and went up for astral diamonds. People rightly complained on the forums, but there was basically no response from Arc and a lot of people either A: making fun of people who actually bought it rather than using exploited diamonds like the cool kids or B: Defending arc for lying because "They're a business and they'll do whatever it takes to make money."

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

cixorez posted:

btw check this out for free premium keys - 1300 still left

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/628

Awesome. It's actually 10k threads, 14 days premium, and a limited gravicycle license.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
It's also the same type of code they've put out before so if you used one back then you can't use it now.

On a related note, here's a loose code for anybody who doesn't feel like signing up for some dumb website: SFNAJ188NH89RQK7

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

This thread has been super negative about the game lately and I don't see why, it's really not pay to win and there is a great balancing patch coming on the 16th, the game is really fun and normally I hate grindy games but in this the grind is just not tedious because there are always other things to do.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Washout posted:

This thread has been super negative about the game lately and I don't see why, it's really not pay to win and there is a great balancing patch coming on the 16th, the game is really fun and normally I hate grindy games but in this the grind is just not tedious because there are always other things to do.

I haven't played for more than a few hours but it seemed pretty chill to me. It appeared that there is a grind, but the combat seemed to be more than 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3 button pressing. It seemed to me that the game could be played as a casual solo unwind-from-work thing and PVP when you want some action type-of-deal. I am probably pretty off base having not really played a whole lot, but I did like the concept and execution of the game.

If they'd add some more capability of keybind remapping I'd probably play more.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

PriNGLeS posted:

Yeah, those horrible dicks. Making money on their videogame while giving people a way to catch up!!!!!

gently caress off retard

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Washout posted:

I enjoy the game, but there are about a million quality of life improvements that could be made to make it seem a little less like a job. Maybe Russian devs aren't big on QOL in general, but it does seem like the next patch will help a lot.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Washout posted:

It may be simply impossible to explain the the feeling of grindyness when there are players who reliably cap during the gaps between rollover and maintenance. I had played since early launch and capped(insight only) each week with a day or two to spare, and when I saw that my cap was going to be 20k a couple weeks ago I just closed out and haven't touched it since. I just can't be arsed to dump that much time into playing catch up... and its going to be even worse for new players using the actual catch up system.

Disclaimer: I'm bad at games... all games, and in every way.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I had my first rage quit.

Well, it wasnt me, but 2 people that obviously dont like even entertaining the thought of losing at pvp.

I joined the 3x3 match so i could get my ring, and i was in slayer.

Now i dont even have blood harvest unlocked as ive pretty much just unlocked it and cant be stuffed using gold sparks on a class i might never play.

I was told to enjoy the nerf and then he and his friend quit, which meant we didnt get the the rewards.
Joined another one, and the same thing, same people. LOL.

3rd attempt went way smoother as the other team didnt cry and quit and the archer proceeded to pretty much steamroll us.

(I also think i have a case of mistaken identity as there is someone the messages me claiming to know me from another game, and i think i must have broken their heart over there. I am not sure if they dont like me or really like me. It keeps me amused while running 3 mans)

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Reicere posted:

It may be simply impossible to explain the the feeling of grindyness when there are players who reliably cap during the gaps between rollover and maintenance. I had played since early launch and capped(insight only) each week with a day or two to spare, and when I saw that my cap was going to be 20k a couple weeks ago I just closed out and haven't touched it since. I just can't be arsed to dump that much time into playing catch up... and its going to be even worse for new players using the actual catch up system.

Disclaimer: I'm bad at games... all games, and in every way.

It gets easier and easier to cap the more you play, when you get to the point you can reliably do 5 mans you can just wait for 3x on them and easily pull in 3000 at a time. Maybe you split up your class sparks too much and don't have enough symbols unlocked? When I finally started getting some symbols and my temples all up to level 9 it's super easy to cap and solo now...

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Washout posted:

reliably do 5 mans you can just wait for 3x on them and easily pull in 3000 at a time. Maybe you split up your class sparks too much and don't have enough symbols unlocked?
Half that for not being premium and not having replicators, so 1500/45min is roughly 10 hours to cap each week if you get lucky with your multipliers.. thats 90% of my playtime spent catching up.. My best farming strat is avensten towers at roughly 400 every 7 minutes with no multipliers.It ends up being about an hour each day which is doable so long as I don't actually gain any prestige and get out of its sweet spot. My class sparks aren't a problem as I have kin maxed and knight at 90% with plenty of cap left(I have never hit any cap other than insight)

It just not an appealing proposition right now even though I enjoy the game.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Well, you're focusing on Avesten Tower, which is not an efficient mission. But not only that, it only has one boss, an incredibly easy one, which will dramatically slow down how many class sparks you get and bore you to death. Do any of the more efficient ones like Fort Krigg, Port Usuni or at least half of the last 20 missions and you should earn sparks at a rate faster than 400 every 7 minutes while mixing up which missions you do.

Not that I disagree. I stopped playing the game because my play time was limited to under 10 hours a week. In my experience, 10 hours a week is not enough to play any decent MMOG on the market at the moment (EVE being a rare exception), and sadly Skyforge still borrows too much from the genre.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Ok guys what is going on with the guild? Is it dead or are there still a lot of construction resources coming in and it's just dead until the patch and people are going to start playing again then? I haven't seen drinkfist posting or playing much.

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...
I was wondering the same. I'm still having fun and frequently ask if people want to do group runs and stuff, but it seems a lil dead at the moment. On that note, if anyone is ever bored and needs a run through something, feel free to bug me (Helba Montagne). Hoping the new patch brings more people in.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I think once the catch up mechanic is in place most of the complaints that newbies have will go away, and if you want it will be pretty easy to get to high prestige. Ofc maybe the cap does not increase class sparks too or something dumb, but we find out in two days I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
if the catch up mechanic only raises the cap but doesn't increase the amount of sparks gained then it won't do poo poo

• Locked thread